Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,115 members, 7,890,711 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:39 PM

Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? (20620 Views)

Poll: Nigeria or your Ethnicity?

Nigeria: 52% (20 votes)
Ethnicity: 47% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Wike Sacks Board Of Directors Loyal To Amaechi / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
sjeezy8:

I know seeing as how you dont that most of that money isn't going to nothern cities but to the pockets of northern governors!!!!!!!

why are you so stupid?

Who cares where it is going [size=14pt]you idiot![/size]Do I have a billionaire like Dangote or all the northern thieves anywhere within 100 kilometers of my village?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 10:44pm On Sep 22, 2009
Onlytruth:

Who cares where it is going [size=14pt]you idiot![/size]Do I have a billionare like Dangote or all the northern thieves anywhere within 100 kilometers of my village?

exactly IGBO SHOULD STAY in the EAST AND STOP GETTING KILLED IN THE NORTH AS YOU SAY
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
Onlytruth:

Let me tell you what a successful sovereign national conference would mean to me as an Igboman (minimum that must be achieved):

1. 100% resouce control ( I might accept 50%)
2. State or Regional Police (or both) -not negotiable!
3. Abolition of quota system (introduce merit based system) for admission to schools, military, federal government jobs and employment. -not negotiable!
4. Abolition of sharia law in the north (helps quell religious extremism)- can be allowed if Nigerians are allowed to own as much weapon at home as they choose.

The list is not exhaustive but I can live with these in ONE NIGERIA

If you cannot give me these, forget it. Even if I accept it, my generation unborn CAN NEVER ACCEPT IT.
So choose one: One Nigeria or Biafra (even if only Igboland is Biafra).
What a ridiculous list. This is an act of greediness.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
sjeezy8:

ok demand it but you aint getting shit

And you think we'll ever stop? Keep dreaming! It's our survival. The Igbo say that "a race of life and death is never tiresome"!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 10:46pm On Sep 22, 2009
Onlytruth:

And you think we'll ever stop? Keep dreaming! It's our survival. The Igbo say that "a race of life and death is never tiresome"!

LOL YOU WILL NEVER STOP AND YOU WILL NEVER SHIT
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2009
sjeezy8:

exactly IGBO SHOULD STAY in the EAST AND STOP GETTING KILLED IN THE NORTH AS YOU SAY

I know you are warped mentally but the information is for non-Nigerians here. They need to know why Nigeria is resolutely backward!
They also need to understand the reason behind Biafra agitation.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2009
Onlytruth:

I'll answer you because of foreigners who may be reading this.
Igbos die in the north every time there is a religious riot in the north. If we are one Nigeria, that means Igbos should be able to  live anywhere in Nigeria, right? So why enact a law that compels Nigerians of the Christian faith (Igbos) to live Islamic livestyles. Unless you are saying the Igbos shouldn't live in the north, in which case you should ask us to leave Nigeria. Right? You've gat to choose one bro!!
Its not only IGBO's being killed in those riots you know.

Other ethnicities were also killed as well.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2009
chic2pimp:

thank you he is speaking as if christian tiv yoruba and even hausas aren't killed

very selfish guy and those who think like him
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2009
Onlytruth:

I know you are warped mentally but the information is for non-Nigerians here. They need to know why Nigeria is resolutely backward!
They also need to understand the reason behind Biafra agitation.
And that reason is? undecided
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2009
chic2pimp:

So because other ethnicities are not concerned about it, the Igbo should just accept it right? How many of those other ethnicities die in them?
That you accept shit doesn't mean I have to. Excuse me!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2009
!
sjeezy8:

thank you he is speaking as if christian tiv yoruba and even hausas aren't killed

very selfish guy and those who think like him

You know, I'm here because I just want to convince myself that Nigeria is incurable. Those who have made up their minds about Biafra aren't even here on NL.
ASSHOLES like you are convincing me just fine that the cesspit called Nigeria is irredeemable.
You want to use my money to develop the north and then ban me from going there to live and do business!
I wish you luck !
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2009
Onlytruth:

So because other ethnicities are not concerned about it, the Igbo should just accept it right? How many of those other ethnicities die in them?
That you accept shit doesn't mean I have to. Excuse me!
No ethinicity should accept such abominable acts however dividing nigeria into many different parts is not the solution to the problem.

I'll repeat my self for the second and last time. Other ethnicities as well as Igbo's lost loved ones in such atrocities. Heck even northeners themselves families and friends.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by olugbon01(m): 11:46pm On Sep 22, 2009
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by olugbon01(m): 11:46pm On Sep 22, 2009
:-x :-x
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 12:35am On Sep 23, 2009
olugbon01:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:42am On Sep 23, 2009
i say stay away, and it keeps going back.
it needs a serious beating and a wake up call.
some things never learn.

nonsense.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 12:43am On Sep 23, 2009
^^^^^ i know right grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:46am On Sep 23, 2009
YOU ARE THE IT!
sheesh.

but anyway OnlyTruth made some great points, and so did the others.
but some stuff BOTH of you said was like "WTF?"
haaaaaaaaaa, what some people will say out of spite.
tongue
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 12:51am On Sep 23, 2009
AS HE DID FOR IGBOS, WHICH IS GREAT I FEEL HIM SOMEWHAT

Yorubas will definately follow through with a plan similar to Becomeriches.To have an agreement with the north to leave, leaving the north the majority over the East. Which the north would love grin cheesy wink
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:54am On Sep 23, 2009
youre a .bitch.
youre true colors are finally out. there is no need in hiding them and being a closeted tribalist anymore.
sjeezy, we ALL know you now.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 12:55am On Sep 23, 2009
sjeezy8:

AS HE DID FOR IGBOS, WHICH IS GREAT I FEEL HIM SOMEWHAT

Yorubas will definately follow through with a plan similar to Becomeriches.To have an agreement with the north to leave, leaving the north the majority over the East. Which the north would love grin cheesy wink

GOD forbid bad thing. Why would any sane Individual follow the plan of that nutcase? undecided
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:56am On Sep 23, 2009
and why do you like to talk about the same stuff in different threads?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-327252.0.html

just by reading the title, wetin concern you with that topic.
are you going to feed more tribalist bullshit and start ranting about igbos and the east and the south south ect ect.
dude face it, youre obsessed.
even with a title like that, you still go in and put your dirty 2 cents.

SHM!

chic2pimp:

GOD forbid bad thing. Why would any sane Individual follow the plan of that nutcase? undecided
dont mind sjeezy, he is saying anything to try and lift up his yoruba spirit.
i believe you can see through him now.
he is a closeted tribalist.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 1:01am On Sep 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

youre a .bitch.
youre true colors are finally out. there is no need in hiding them and being a closeted tribalist anymore.
sjeezy, we ALL know you now.

shut the Bleep up

like i said no tribalism its common sense, yorubas dont like being abused by igbos!!!! So if igbos want yoruba help for Biafra they should chill on the insults. Why in the world would yorubas halp Biafra after the igbos are calling Awolowo our hero and the yoruba tribe cowards. Yorubas will not take such and would rather leave freely and leave igbos to the north

chic2pimp:

The guys fact are VERY legit seriously the president of benin is yoruba and the yoruba vote would appreciated more in benin.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 1:08am On Sep 23, 2009
@OnlyTruth

It will be a mistake to settle for less than 100% resource control. Nigeria needs a weaker and much more decentralised federal govt; that is the only cure for rampant corruption.
The center should be made much less attractive and powerful.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:09am On Sep 23, 2009
*OH HELL NAW! youre making me put down my ice cream for this*

sjeezy8:

shut the Bleep up

like i said no tribalism its common sense, yorubas dont like being abused by igbos!!!! So if igbos want yoruba help for Biafra they should chill on the insults. Why in the world would yorubas halp Biafra after the igbos are calling Awolowo our hero and the yoruba tribe cowards. Yorubas will not take such and would rather leave freely and leave igbos to the north

do you really think igbos like being insulted by yorubas? visa versa!!
are you fuking stupid? do you really think the nutcases on NL are the people in the real world? NOO!!
so who cares if they throw a few insults. stop taking things so personal.
look at how ridiculous you sound. loosing your mind over NL.
na wa ooo.
na mumu.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chidimarc(m): 1:11am On Sep 23, 2009
Am loyal 2 my stomach first, my person, family , and it goes till it get to d climax which i supposse is Nigeria. Our leaders aint making it any easier. Honestly i bite my tongue when I get to that line in d anthem. Forget d way we see it here, ethnicity is not that bad.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 1:12am On Sep 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

*oh HELL NAW! you making my put down my ice cream for this*

do you really think igbos like being insulted by yorubas? visa versa!!
are you fuking stupid? do you really think the nutcases on NL are the people in the real world? NOO!!
so who cares if they throw a few insults. stop taking things so personal.
look at how ridiculous you sound. loosing your mind over NL.
na wa ooo.
na mumu.

show me were yorubas ourtight insult igbo national heroes and the WHOLE tribe, even on this thread where do you see yorubas lash out at igbos?

such nonsense if you dont know betta learn quick- how your peeps are and accept it instead of  bull shitting
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 1:12am On Sep 23, 2009
sjeezy8:

The guys fact are VERY legit seriously the president of benin is yoruba and the yoruba vote would appreciated more in benin.
Becoomrich might have a point but to be honest I don't really care.

I find it hard to take a tribalist serious,thats all. The likes of Becoomrich,udueze,only truth e.t.c are well known tribalist on NL.

If I had my way I'll put every tribalist in Nigeria on an Island and make them work out their differences.

Not until they work out their differences will they be released.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 1:14am On Sep 23, 2009
i dont like it either but if it doesnt change thats what will happen for sure
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chidimarc(m): 1:24am On Sep 23, 2009
Hey hey hey! D way u guys go about it here, Nigeria wont survive our generation even if it survives d current one. Pls Think Nigeria and act accordingly!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 1:33am On Sep 23, 2009
@sjeezy8 and chic2pimp  

I'm not understanding where you guys are coming from. I'm hearing "one Nigeria", but no roadmap toward acheiving it.
Nigeria is obviously not working right now, how do you guys suggest we resolve the problems (outlined at a high level below).

[list]
[li]Federal Govt control freakery (e.g in the police, fire service, creation of LG's etc)[/li]
[li]General chaos and lack of direction[/li]
[li]Corruption[/li]
[li]Lack of continuity[/li]
[li]High levels of aggression in the average Nigerian[/li]
[li]Communal/regional hatred (eg advocating that overwhelming military action be carried out in the ND)[/li]
[/list]

Please notice that I have omitted "tribalism" from the list; it is just a symptom of our underlying structural problems.

These problems are driving some of us crazy.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chidimarc(m): 1:35am On Sep 23, 2009
Lets learn to tolerate each other now that we are still one so that we may depend on each other even if we seperate(i dont foresee dat in d nearest future) we are this big and yet still depend on foreign countries, think more of when we might become smaller & consequentially weaker. NO REGION Is in itself "self-sufficient"

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Probe Buhari Over Forged Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP / Achebe Center Moves To Block Buhari’s $29.9bn Loan Bid •writes World Bank / Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.