Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. (7045 Views)

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 19, 2016
kilo4sure:
I would say that Christianity is more confusing and complex than Islam but in the end allows for more variety and free thinking, this is why we have protestants, humanists, catholics, etc.

Inorder words ATHEISM is just another Christian Sect, because CHRISTIANITY "allows for more variety and free thinking" so FREE THAT one can come to the conclusion that THERE IS NO GOD AND EVEN THROW AWAY THE BIBLE. Is that what you are saying?
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Presbulg(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
[s]
cloudgoddess:
There are a few reasons that come to mind:

1. The brainwashing & indoctrination that Muslims undergo (usually from childhood where the mind is most impressionable) is severely more intense than that of Christians.

Instilled "virtues" of submission/servitude (one Muslim friend of mine expressed that Muslims are called to be "slaves of Allah" ), Ingroup vs. Outgroup mentality (Muslims are taught that they are special & loved by Allah & all other religious groups are wrong and hated by Allah. Many cults share this type of mentality), tying the religion to one's identity (Muslims are taught that everyone is born Muslim/being Muslim is part of their blood, etc. And marrying Muslim is emphasized very strongly, it is explicitly taught that marrying non-Muslim brings dishonor), and rites and rituals infused into daily life (ex. 5x a day prayer, Ramadan, prayer mats and praying towards Mecca, using special Arabic words). All of these things and more strengthen the significance of Islam in a Muslim followers mind, infusing their subconscious at a more thorough level than most Christians are forced to undergo.

2. Islam has a history of dealing violently with "apostates" and "infidels".

There is no such thing as honor killing in Christianity. But in the Muslim world it appears that many find it completely justified to kill (& at best, abandon/disown) their own relatives for leaving the faith. It's even in Shariah law that apostates should be killed. This could probably stand alone as the single biggest reason many Muslims remain in the faith. The amount of fear this instills is a VERY strong subconscious motivator to never question their religion. Fear has been used to control humans for centuries and religion is no different. Islam uses fear as one of its main tools.

3. Muslims tend to be more isolated from other ideas.

It appears that Muslims tend to form and live in solely Muslim communities, seperate from opposing views and lifestyles, whereas Christians are often much more exposed to the secular world. So Christians have more opportunities to run into arguments against their religion, whereas Muslims usually stay very protected from such (this is one side effect of the fear that's instilled in them).
[/s]

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by RandomVic(m): 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
WORDWORLD:

The FACT that your quest for explanation are not MY OWN VIVID MENTIONED countries, Iraq, Libya..............but Nigeria, Kenya, Philipines shows that you are TRYING to shift the argument.

NOBODY CAN DENY THAT THE UNITED STATES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GIFT OF TERROR TODAY. AND NOBODY EXCEPT IF YOU ARE NOT AQUINTED WITH REALITY WILL SAY SAUDI ARABIA IS NOT A NUMBER ONE ALLY OF THE U.S.A IN UNLEASHING TERROR AROUND THE WORLD. WHAT ABOUT ISREAL? WHEN YOU ALLOW SENTIMENT TO BLOCK YOUR HEAD YOU NEVER WILL SEE THE TRUTH.

Sucide bombing really started as a NORM in Palestine because of oppression from Isreal. That was why i WROTE ALL I HAD TO WRITE ABOUT THE OPPRESSED, WHAT THEY END UP BECOMING.........................LIFE BECOMES MEANINGLESS TO THEM AND IT IS EASY TO TAKE OTHERS LIFE ALONG WITH THEIRS.

All these FLIM FLAM terrorism hype about Islam did not start until the 70s when the same U.S.A trained the TALIBAN to fight the RUSSIANS................during the cold war. What was the U.S. thinking then?

Neither was their any concrete evidence about 9/11. We kept on getting video clips until one sky blue day it was announced on CNN that Osama has been killed and body thrown into the sea. Conflicting Stories about how he was killed.

DO YOU WITH YOUR INTELLECT BUY THE BOKO HARAM SAGA IN NIGERIA? I BELIEVE YOU ARE WISER THAN THINKING BOKO HARAM HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM BUT POLITICS.

The so called TERRORISM around the world is no more than INTERNATIONAL POLITICS.

I can decipher the Nigerian case for you because i have studied it to a reasonable extent.

FIRSTLY ASK YOURSELF, 8 YEARS GONE BY NOT A SINGLE CATCH OF A KINGPIN, MONEY BAGS BEHIND BOKO HARAM. THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE IN GOVERNMENT AND THERE IS NOT CATCH.

Jonathan spent 6 year on a wild goose chase. I suppose he is a CHRISTIAN and was the commander in chief of the arm forces. WAS HE SUCH A COWARD NOT TO HAVE PUT IN CHAINS AND LOCKS THE MUSLIMS BEHIND BOKO HARAM IF ITS ALL ABOUT ISLAM?

USE YOUR BRAIN.

Sentiments takes us no where. EVIL IS EVIL. ISLAM IS NOT EVIL BUT YOU CAN FIND MUSLIMS WHO DO EVIL.

You have not answered my question, how and when did the action taken by the West help fester Boko Haram in Nigeria, AL Shabab in Somalia and Kenya, Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb in Mali, terrorist attacks in Xinjiang Uyghur, China etc the truth is if I continue to list all the places where Muslim terrorist has assailed the entire Nairaland probably won't fit it.

Isn't it quite absurd the same Western world that you Muslim moderates imprudently point as the cause of the spread of terrorism to the morbid defence of your Muslim extremist of course, Muslims from the Middle East are still to this very moment flocking in their millions to the same West, the great Satan, laughable much?

Islam is the only religion that still generate terrorists today. Aren't your faith to your God enough to Muslims?

Yet you here the now mere cliche "Islam is a religion of peace" buy yeah the religion that form like 99% of terrorist groups around the world and your religions seems aim to conquer all the world and make every woman wear hijab or die trying, is the definition of peace heh?

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
[quote author=RandomVic post=47693338]
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by kilo4sure: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
WORDWORLD:

Inorder words ATHEISM is just another Christian Sect, because CHRISTIANITY "allows for more variety and free thinking" so FREE THAT one can come to the conclusion that THERE IS NO GOD AND EVEN THROW AWAY THE BIBLE. Is that what you are saying?

Christianity is dogmatic, unfortunately much more than it should be but still gives you room to use your brain. But Islamic dogma is so original to Islam such that before Muhammed died he made his Allah to state that Islam has been perfected, this means the Quran is the verbatim word of God and nothing can be added to it. Therefore if a Muslim reads the Quran and for instance doubts that prophet suleiman could talk to ants, on that day he ceases to be a Muslim, but there are christians who doubt many stories in the bible, such as the pope who says Adam and eve are not literal figures. Some Christians who come to this conclusion become atheist, others keep their Christianity. This is impossible with Islam.
However to answer the OP, my point is that the Muslims seem to be very sure of what they are doing because Islam is more dogmatic but this dogmatism stifles the religion.
Also note that many Muslims do not read their Quran to question it or understand it, they are only captivated by the Arabic rhymes as they memorize it from childhood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
RandomVic:

You have not answered my question, how and when did the action taken by the West help fester Boko Haram in Nigeria, AL Shabab in Somalia and Kenya, Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb in Mali, terrorist attacks in Xinjiang Uyghur, China etc the truth is if I continue to list all the places where Muslim terrorist has assailed the entire Nairaland probably won't fit it.

Isn't it quite absurd the same Western world that you Muslim moderates imprudently point as the cause of the spread of terrorism to the morbid defence of your Muslim extremist of course, Muslims from the Middle East are still to this very moment flocking in their millions to the same West, the great Satan, laughable much?

Islam is the only religion that still generate terrorists today. Aren't your faith to your God enough to Muslims?

Yet you here the now mere cliche "Islam is a religion of peace" buy yeah the religion that form like 99% of terrorist groups around the world and your religions seems aim to conquer all the world and make every woman wear hijab or die trying, is the definition of peace heh?

RandomVic:

SURE! I KNOW. AM NOT DONE WITH YOU YET.

YOU WANT AN EXPLANATION, YOU WILL GET IT. JUST GIVE ME SOME TIME TO PUT MY WRITINGS TOGETHER.

ITS NOT AN ARGUEMENT BUT AN EXPLANATION. I DON'T LIKE THAT SPORT CALLED ARGUEMENT. AND AM TELLING YOU ITS GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING I ASSURE YOU. I AM FOR MAKING OUR WORLD A MUCH MORE PEACEFUL PLACE.

"Good and Evil grow up together and are bound in an equilibrium that cannot be sandered. The most we can do is try TILT the equilibrium towards the good" Eric Hoffer.

If you dont mind, i shall be OPENING A NEW THREAD just for this EXPLANATION so that we can get inputs while YOU are free to decide on your own conclusion.

There is NOTHING absurd about Muslims moving in their Multitude to the same WESTERN COUNTRIES who are part of those who have infflicted them.

WHILE YOU ARE "LAUGHING" and THINKING IT IS ABSURDITY, I THINK WHAT THE WEST SHOULD BE THINKING ABOUT IS THE FACT THAT IF MUSLIMS ARE TRUELY TERRORIST, THEN THEY ARE NOW AT THEIR DOOR STEPS IN THEIR "MILLIONS" MIGRATING TO THE SAME WEST IT WON'T BE FUNNY WITH THE WEST WHO MADE THEM LEAVE THE BELOVED HOME LAND WHEN THEY START UNLEASHING THEIR TERRORISM ON THEM. AFTER ALL YOU KEEP INSISTING THAT THEY ARE TERRORIST. Food for thought.

Perhaps they people in the ARABIAN PENISULA, who are predominatly Muslims should have been left alone with their ways of life.

But as we know it, the WEST will never stop hiding behind LIES. Liars are known for stealing..............their eyes is glue to the abundance of CRUDE OIL in that geographical area. FACT!!!

They brought Christianity to Africa. While today the same west are most not even practicing Christianity anymore in FRANKNESS. Is GAYISM Christianity and that's why they west has embraced and put it to law?

DO YOU KNOW THAT THE LATE NELSON MANDELA TOO WAS CHARGED AS BEING A TERRORIST FOR DEFENDING HIS HOME SOIL?

If all that the ARABIAN PENISULA have is SAND, and DAIBINO (date) PLANTATION, and RED CAMELS to run after. There will be no need of the west HIDING around under the guise DEMOCRACY, FREEDOM, EQUALITY ALL OTHER ILLUSION just for that could have been handed to them if they only show some courtesy. But from day one, THE WEST, WHITES is full of superiority complex.

Well, Christianity is OUT-DATED for use in DECEPTION now its DEMOCRACY that is use to conquring our world by using TERRORISM as a stake.

Nigeria will be my Area of emphasis from among the countries you have enumerated in my explanation...........

I will continue when i deem fit. Hopefully this week.

But before am through, this is a readers delight.

AMERICA CREATED AL-QAEDA AND ISIS. TERROR GROUP. *FACT!!!

www.globalresearch.ca/america-created-al-qaeda-and-the-isis-terror-group/5402881

So as i said right from INCEPTION. Terrorism is a gift to our world by the SUPER POWERS. That is the crux of the matter if you dont UNDERSTAND.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by realmindz: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
Itz better being a Christian than being a Muslim...
islambad

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by puresaint12(m): 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
I have observed that most atheist became atheist within the range of 17-27 yrs of age.I think it's because most of them feel that christianity is a form of bondage since they can not 'enjoy their youth' without answering to their creator.they want to be god of themselves,free to do whatever they want while hiding under their usual'prove to me out of the 5000+ gods that ur god is the true god' lie ...yeah Jesus talked about taking up ur cross,that an atheist doesn't want to hear
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
kilo4sure:

Christianity is dogmatic, unfortunately much more than it should be but still gives you room to use your brain. But Islamic dogma is so original to Islam such that before Muhammed died he made his Allah to state that Islam has been perfected, this means the Quran is the verbatim word of God and nothing can be added to it. Therefore if a Muslim reads the Quran and for instance doubts that prophet suleiman could talk to ants, on that day he ceases to be a Muslim, but there are christians who doubt many stories in the bible, such as the pope who says Adam and eve are not literal figures. Some Christians who come to this conclusion become atheist, others keep their Christianity. This is impossible with Islam.
However to answer the OP, my point is that the Muslims seem to be very sure of what they are doing because Islam is more dogmatic but this dogmatism stifles the religion.
Also note that many Muslims do not read their Quran to question it or understand it, they are only captivated by the Arabic rhymes as they memorize it from childhood.

HOW DO YOU MEAN BY IT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH ISLAM, TO LEAVE THE FOLD OF ISLAM. TO BECOMING ATHEIST OR A NON MUSLIM.

We have such people as BLACKFIRE who claim that the used to be Muslim. HOW COME IT IS POSSIBLE FOR SUCH AS HIM TO LEAVE THE FOLDS OF ISLAM AND STILL BE ALLOWED TO BE ROAMING PLANET EARTH ALIVE?

If you really want to know why Christians are leaving Christianiity for ATHEISIM. Then i suppose that INSTEAD of our displaying FLIM FLAM intellectualism the most objective way of finding out is by asking the ATHEIST THEMSELVES.

While most of these 'SUPPOSED ATHEIST' blame Christian for not using their BRAINS by accussing them of being DULL since the Bible call them sheep.

The ball is in your court.
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by kilo4sure: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
WORDWORLD:

HOW DO YOU MEAN BY IT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH ISLAM, TO LEAVE THE FOLD OF ISLAM. TO BECOMING ATHEIST OR A NON MUSLIM.

We have such people as BLACKFIRE who claim that the used to be Muslim. HOW COME IT IS POSSIBLE FOR SUCH AS HIM TO LEAVE THE FOLDS OF ISLAM AND STILL BE ALLOWED TO BE ROAMING PLANET EARTH ALIVE?

If you really want to know why Christians are leaving Christianiity for ATHEISIM. Then i suppose that INSTEAD of our displaying FLIM FLAM intellectualism the most objective way of finding out is by asking the ATHEIST THEMSELVES.

While most of these 'SUPPOSED ATHEIST' blame Christian for not using their BRAINS by accussing them of being DULL since the Bible call them sheep.

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by kilo4sure: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
WORDWORLD:

The question you fail to ask yourself is this..why do Christians question their bible more than the Muslims question the Quran? Is it because the bible is more stupid than the Quran? Nay! Most of the stories atheists deride in the bible that leads them away from the bible are also in the Quran, the difference is the level of brainwashing in Islam. It is rare to find a Muslim who looks at the Quran critically and objectively. Even today we have many christian scholars who look at the bible critically, not so in the Muslim world, they are more interested in stating what is haram.
If Muslims use their brains the way they should, many would abandon islam. The ones who use their brain in the Islamic world cannot speak out for fear of being killed. There are many closet atheists in Iran and saudiarabia. Killing of apostates is also sanctioned by the hadiths. The Islamic world needs her own enlightment but that would be at the expense of the Quran which Muslims exalt so much to their detriment.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by RandomVic(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
WORDWORLD:

SURE! I KNOW. AM NOT DONE WITH YOU YET.

YOU WANT AN EXPLANATION, YOU WILL GET IT. JUST GIVE ME SOME TIME TO PUT MY WRITINGS TOGETHER.

ITS NOT AN ARGUEMENT BUT AN EXPLANATION. I DON'T LIKE THAT SPORT CALLED ARGUEMENT. AND AM TELLING YOU ITS GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING I ASSURE YOU. I AM FOR MAKING OUR WORLD A MUCH MORE PEACEFUL PLACE.

"Good and Evil grow up together and are bound in an equilibrium that cannot be sandered. The most we can do is try TILT the equilibrium towards the good" Eric Hoffer.

If you dont mind, i shall be OPENING A NEW THREAD just for this EXPLANATION so that we can get inputs while YOU are free to decide on your own conclusion.

There is NOTHING absurd about Muslims moving in their Multitude to the same WESTERN COUNTRIES who are part of those who have infflicted them.

WHILE YOU ARE "LAUGHING" and THINKING IT IS ABSURDITY, I THINK WHAT THE WEST SHOULD BE THINKING ABOUT IS THE FACT THAT IF MUSLIMS ARE TRUELY TERRORIST, THEN THEY ARE NOW AT THEIR DOOR STEPS IN THEIR "MILLIONS" MIGRATING TO THE SAME WEST IT WON'T BE FUNNY WITH THE WEST WHO MADE THEM LEAVE THE BELOVED HOME LAND WHEN THEY START UNLEASHING THEIR TERRORISM ON THEM. AFTER ALL YOU KEEP INSISTING THAT THEY ARE TERRORIST. Food for thought.

Perhaps they people in the ARABIAN PENISULA, who are predominatly Muslims should have been left alone with their ways of life.

But as we know it, the WEST will never stop hiding behind LIES. Liars are known for stealing..............their eyes is glue to the abundance of CRUDE OIL in that geographical area. FACT!!!

They brought Christianity to Africa. While today the same west are most not even practicing Christianity anymore in FRANKNESS. Is GAYISM Christianity and that's why they west has embraced and put it to law?

DO YOU KNOW THAT THE LATE NELSON MANDELA TOO WAS CHARGED AS BEING A TERRORIST FOR DEFENDING HIS HOME SOIL?

If all that the ARABIAN PENISULA have is SAND, and DAIBINO (date) PLANTATION, and RED CAMELS to run after. There will be no need of the west HIDING around under the guise DEMOCRACY, FREEDOM, EQUALITY ALL OTHER ILLUSION just for that could have been handed to them if they only show some courtesy. But from day one, THE WEST, WHITES is full of superiority complex.

Well, Christianity is OUT-DATED for use in DECEPTION now its DEMOCRACY that is use to conquring our world by using TERRORISM as a stake.

Nigeria will be my Area of emphasis from among the countries you have enumerated in my explanation...........

I will continue when i deem fit. Hopefully this week.

But before am through, this is a readers delight.

AMERICA CREATED AL-QAEDA AND ISIS. TERROR GROUP. *FACT!!!

www.globalresearch.ca/america-created-al-qaeda-and-the-isis-terror-group/5402881

So as i said right from INCEPTION. Terrorism is a gift to our world by the SUPER POWERS. That is the crux of the matter if you dont UNDERSTAND.

You still haven't hit home-run with the points you've made... If anything you've left me with more questions than answers but I'd let it slide as I don't do back and forth on Nairaland. I fear Nairaland may have become thrifty and close fitted when it comes to condemning and pointing out the aspersions of Islam. I may receive a ban if I go on ~

To make one thing really clear to you - the Western world is still a much cogent Christian society, according to a 2011 survey 76.2% are practising Christians even more are Christians but aren't practising. Westerners are free thinkers, they're free to think and decide for themselves. No one forces religion down their throats in the developed world, this free thinking attributes from the west is what have brought about great technological advancement that you and I is reaping the benefits of today. Can we say the same thing about Islam where state sponsored terrorist countries like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran, UAE hold sway and where apostasy is punishable by death - outrightly.
Like one commenter rightfully put it ''If you believe your eyes and ears, Islam and violence go together like peanut butter and jelly. But if you believe Muslims and their spin doctors with academic degrees, Muslims are the victims of other religions''
If Muslims fighting Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists are the victims of non-Muslims, what are we to make of Muslims fighting other Muslims in Syria, Somalia, Lebanon and Iraq? Religious civil wars make it hard to believe that Muslims are the victims of other religions instead of the authors of their own violence.

Dude there are gay Muslims. You don't have to look deep on the Internet. Due to the fear of being butchered by bloodthirsty Muslim fantastics who in many cases blur the desperately thin line between moderates Muslim and terrorist, gay Muslims remain largely closeted.
I'll leave you with this link - this man is gay and a Muslim and it says Islam is no religion of peace and there are millions of Muslims who share his views but are, again fear of being killed should they come out openly or dare to even conceive idea of leaving Islam http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/16/gay-muslim-islam-is-no-religion-of-peace.html

Again why are Muslim killing Christians in Nigeria and Kenya? Why are Muslims killing themselves in Somalia? Why are Muslims fighting Hindus in India? Why are Muslims fighting and killing Buddhist in China and Myanmar? Should we blame the West too? Until you clear those questions asked, you won't get another reply from me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
RandomVic:

You still haven't hit home-run with the points you've made... If anything you've left me with more questions than answers but I'd let it slide as I don't do back and forth on Nairaland. I fear Nairaland may have become thrifty and close fitted when it comes to condemning and pointing out the aspersions of Islam. I may receive a ban if I go on ~

To make one thing really clear to you - the Western world is still a much cogent Christian society, according to a 2011 survey 76.2% are practising Christians even more are Christians but aren't practising. Westerners are free thinkers, they're free to think and decide for themselves. No one forces religion down their throats in the developed world, this free thinking attributes from the west is what have brought about great technological advancement that you and I is reaping the benefits of today. Can we say the same thing about Islam where state sponsored terrorist countries like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran, UAE hold sway and where apostasy is punishable by death - outrightly.
Like one commenter rightfully put it ''If you believe your eyes and ears, Islam and violence go together like peanut butter and jelly. But if you believe Muslims and their spin doctors with academic degrees, Muslims are the victims of other religions''
If Muslims fighting Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists are the victims of non-Muslims, what are we to make of Muslims fighting other Muslims in Syria, Somalia, Lebanon and Iraq? Religious civil wars make it hard to believe that Muslims are the victims of other religions instead of the authors of their own violence.

Dude there are gay Muslims. You don't have to look deep on the Internet. Due to the fear of being butchered by bloodthirsty Muslim fantastics who in many cases blur the desperately thin line between moderates Muslim and terrorist, gay Muslims remain largely closeted.
I'll leave you with this link - this man is gay and a Muslim and it says Islam is no religion of peace and there are millions of Muslims who share his views but are, again fear of being killed should they come out openly or dare to even conceive idea of leaving Islam http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/16/gay-muslim-islam-is-no-religion-of-peace.html

Again why are Muslim killing Christians in Nigeria and Kenya? Why are Muslims killing themselves in Somalia? Why are Muslims fighting Hindus in India? Why are Muslims fighting and killing Buddhist in China and Myanmar? Should we blame the West too? Until you clear those questions asked, you won't get another reply from me.

SO YOU MEAN THE WEST IS SO DUMP WHILE THEY ALLOW MUSLIMS TO FLOCK INTO THEIR COUNTRIES IN THEIR MILLIONS. ALLOWING 'TERRORIST' FLOCK INTO THEIR COUNTRIES IN THEIR MILLIONS?

What is your LOGIC that Islam is VOILENT? If Islam is violent we should expect all Muslims to be VIOLENT and infact TERRORIST so much that the WEST where they are flocking to will NEVER allow them free pass.

IF TRUE WHY OPEN YOUR GATES FOR THEM

The Quran is over 1400 years old, Why is it that its so recent that Muslims in the Middle East are migrating to the west in their "MILLIONS"?

When did this migration in their MULTITUDE began. Was it so in the 60s. Was it before the GULF WAR? Since after the Gulf war?

WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND, THAT ITS ALL POLITICS. AN IDEOLOGICAL WAR FAR RIGHT FROM THE 70S. CAN YOU DISPROVE THE LINK I GAVE TO YOU? HAVE YOU READ IT?

What is so TRUE is that ISLAM is not EVIL but you can find among Muslims those who do Evil.

STOP RUNNING IN CIRCLES.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
kilo4sure:

The question you fail to ask yourself is this..why do Christians question their bible more than the Muslims question the Quran? Is it because the bible is more stupid than the Quran? Nay! Most of the stories atheists deride in the bible that leads them away from the bible are also in the Quran, the difference is the level of brainwashing in Islam. It is rare to find a Muslim who looks at the Quran critically and objectively. Even today we have many christian scholars who look at the bible critically, not so in the Muslim world, they are more interested in stating what is haram.
If Muslims use their brains the way they should, many would abandon islam. The ones who use their brain in the Islamic world cannot speak out for fear of being killed. There are many closet atheists in Iran and saudiarabia. Killing of apostates is also sanctioned by the hadiths. The Islamic world needs her own enlightment but that would be at the expense of the Quran which Muslims exalt so much to their detriment.

IF LOOKING AT HOLY SCRIPTURE OBJECTIVELY IS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT..

None does it better than SCIENCE........hence kindly go and read the very objective analitical book written by THE FRENCH SCIENTIST D.r Maurice Bucaille. Titled: THE BIBLE, THE QURAN AND SCIENCE.

Science is the best objectivity our modern world has to offer. A major reason why Muslims have nothing to FEAR.

UPON OPENING THE VERY FIRST PAGES OF THE BIBLE, ONE IS CONFRONTED WITH PROBLEMS THAT ARE NOT COMPARTIBLE WITH ESTABLISHED TRUTH OF SCIENCE.

You once wrote ISLAM IS WELL DEFINED, that CHRISTINITY IS CONFUSING..............i must tell you also that science is well defined and not confusing and not in CONFLICT with the Quran.

If you want to really know one of the reason why Christians are turning Atheist. A reason is the contradictions, improbabilities and incompatibilities of the Bible when touched by modern scientific data. Christians nevertheless prefer to camouflage this DEFICIENCIES under cunning dialectical acrobatics orchestrated apollogetic lyricism the obvious results of modern science.

Like you also said, Jesus never asked his words to be written down so we should xpect HUMAN ERRORS in the compilation of the Bible.

The Quran is still very much INTACT still as same as the very EVER. The copies preserved in Tashkent and Istanbul attributed as far back as Caliph Uthman are STILL SAME AS THE QURAN TODAY.

What is it proctecting it for more than 1400 years is a food for thought. Dont you think?

The verse about the TRINITY has been UNCEREMONIOUSLY thrown out of the REVISED STANDARD VERSION of the Bible. Can you imagine?

Afterall with so much criticism of the Quran WE SHOULD HAVE HAD at least ONE OTHER QURAN MODIFIED TO FIT 'CRITICS' tastes such allows for FORNICATION, LESBIANISM, STEALING, NUDITY (as against wearing hijab)................... that challenges the Original in which Muslims of about 1.6 Billion would have become all divided over it.

TILL DATE THE QURAN REMAINS ONE AND ONLY AND WHY?

Food for thought.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
adoyi8:
I think Islam stand strong because Christianity is a stupider religion than Islam. if a muslim starts seein irrationality wit His religion he compares it with Christianity and tanks Allah that he was not a christian. but remove Christianity and compare Islam with atheism then it falls. wen we are done wit Cristianity, we are coming for you.

Lol. I think that you will find out that Islam is not Christianity. Like you said and I agree, Christianity really lacks logic, but if you come for us, you will lose. Atheism is almost as illogical as Christianity. We just do not start an argument. Had it not been for the Indian colonist missionaries trying to ridicule Islam, we would not have bothered to come up with students of comparative religions like Sheikh Ahmad Deedat, Dr Zakir Naik and subsequent da'iys of their ilk. As long as you atheists do not try to debate us, you are safe in your delusions.

@op, it is because the central theme of Christianity is very hard to swallow... salvation from 'original' sin of a long dead ancestor through human sacrifice, or if some Christians are to be believed, through God sacrificing Himself or parts thereof (which in retrospect makes even less sense).

Of course, to cover up this foolishness, it is disguised as the Wisdom of God seemingly being foolish to men etc. But unlesd God set out to deliberately mislead mankind, I dont see why He should make the way to salvation seem so illogical as Christianity believes, or why He gave us brains to think, when the 'way' would seem so illogical.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Lol. I think that you will find out that Islam is not Christianity. Like you said and I agree, Christianity really lacks logic, but if you come for us, you will lose. Atheism is almost as illogical as Christianity. We just do not start an argument. Had it not been for the Indian colonist missionaries trying to ridicule Islam, we would not have bothered to come up with students of comparative religions like Sheikh Ahmad Deedat, Dr Zakir Naik and subsequent da'iys of their ilk. As long as you atheists do not try to debate us, you are safe in your delusions.

@op, it is because the central theme of Christianity is very hard to swallow... salvation from 'original' sin of a long dead ancestor through human sacrifice, or if some Christians are to be believed, through God sacrificing Himself or parts thereof (which in retrospect makes even less sense).

Of course, to cover up this foolishness, it is disguised as the Wisdom of God seemingly being foolish to men etc. But unlesd God set out to deliberately mislead mankind, I dont see why He should make the way to salvation seem so illogical as Christianity believes, or why He gave us brains to think, when the 'way' would seem so illogical.

kilo4sure has NOT DENIED that Islam is well DEFINED while Christianity is CONFUSING and COMPLEX. Whatever that means, i believe he wrote it in ENGLISH.
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by salegella: 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
the reason for christians turning atheist is obviously not far fetched. ask any ex-christian atheist what led him/her to atheism, he/she will tell you; the amount of confusion and disperism, discrispancies, illogical reasoning, inconsistencies and conflicting evidencies in the bible are the causes of atheism.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by kilo4sure: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
WORDWORLD:

IF LOOKING AT HOLY SCRIPTURE OBJECTIVELY IS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT..

None does it better than SCIENCE........hence kindly go and read the very objective analitical book written by THE FRENCH SCIENTIST D.r Maurice Bucaille. Titled: THE BIBLE, THE QURAN AND SCIENCE.

Science is the best objectivity our modern world has to offer. A major reason why Muslims have nothing to FEAR.

UPON OPENING THE VERY FIRST PAGES OF THE BIBLE, ONE IS CONFRONTED WITH PROBLEMS THAT ARE NOT COMPARTIBLE WITH ESTABLISHED TRUTH OF SCIENCE.

We you once said ISLAM IS WELL DEFINED, that CHRISTINITY IS CONFUSING..............i must tell you that science to is well defined and not confusing.

If you want to really know one of the reason why Christians are turning Atheist. A reason is the contradictions, improbabilities and incompatibilities of the Bible with morden scientific data. Christians nevertheless prefer to camouflage this DEFICIENCIES under cunning dialectical acrobatics orchestrated apollogetic lyricism the obvious results of modern science.

Like you also said, Jesus never asked his words to be written down so we should xpect HUMAN ERRORS in the compilation of the Bible.
I can see you are also brainwashed like the other Muslims to think the Quran is not full of contradiction and errors, Quran also has thesame story of Adam and eve as well as the creation of the world in some days, it speaks of the seven heavens as well which the ancients believed in, it says a man found the sun set in murky waters, there are also contradictions in the surahs such that even your scholars tells us verses have been abrogated. One verse says Christians and Jews would enter heaven another contradicts it, are there six days of creation or 8 days?
Of course you would make excuses for all these just like many Christians also have their theories of what you call contradictions. Ask yourself if Quran is from God then why does it need volume of hadiths to explain it? Why is it not clearly detailed and why are your scholars confused. The moment you approach the Quran with a free mind without the preconceived notion of it being the word of God the closer you get to rejecting it.
And FYI the French scientists Burcallie is not one you can trust, why has he not renounced catholism for Islam if all what he says are true, have you read the criticism of his article on Islam or you just prefer the one sided stories, such people want to please Islam as they see Islam as the oppressed religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2016
salegella:
the season for christians turning atheist is obviously not far fetched. ask any ex-christian atheist what led him to atheism, he/she will tell you; the amount confusion and disperism, discrispancies, illogical reasoning, inconsistencies and conflicting evidencies in the bible are the causes of atheism.

While some others are only CONSUMED BY EMOTION and they start HATING GOD. For example if a loved one of theirs should die.............THESE SO CALLED ARE THEY ONCE THAT LIVE A SOBER LIFE FOR THE MAJORITY and if not for the rest of their lives.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
[
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by kilo4sure: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
WORDWORLD:

kilo4sure has NOT DENIED that Islam is well DEFINED while Christianity is CONFUSING and COMPLEX. Whatever that means, i believe he wrote it in ENGLISH.
That some concepts are confusing to us or mysterious does not make Christianity false, that is why Jesus made the prayer in John 17v3, This is life eternal that they may know you and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. Knowing God is a process, Christians try to understand God via the Trinity and other means which is a mysterious concept but does not make Christianity false.
Islam on the other hand is a limited religion stuck in the mentality of 7th century Arabia with a combination of some outdated Judaic codes of conduct and plagiarism from some christian sects in arabia,. Islam is very immature compared to Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
kilo4sure:

I can see you are also brainwashed like the other Muslims to think the Quran is not full of contradiction and errors, Quran also has thesame story of Adam and eve as well as the creation of the world in some days, it speaks of the seven heavens as well which the ancients believed in, it says a man found the sun set in murky waters, there are also contradictions in the surahs such that even your scholars tells us verses have been abrogated. One verse says Christians and Jews would enter heaven another contradicts it, are there six days of creation or 8 days?
Of course you would make excuses for all these just like many Christians also have their theories of what you call contradictions. Ask yourself if Quran is from God then why does it need volume of hadiths to explain it? Why is it not clearly detailed and why are your scholars confused. The moment you approach the Quran with a free mind without the preconceived notion of it being the word of God the closer you get to rejecting it.
And FYI the French scientists Burcallie is not one you can trust, why has he not renounced catholism for Islam if all what he says are true, have you read the criticism of his article on Islam or you just prefer the one sided stories, such people want to please Islam as they see Islam as the oppressed religion.

EVEN PROPHET MUHAMMAD'S UNCLE DID NOT ACCEPT ISLAM DESPITE ALL HIS PROTECTION OF HIS NEPHEW AND EVEN AS MUCH AS HE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HIS NEPHEW HAS COME WITH THE TRUTH.

Acknowledging is one thing, ACCEPTING this TRUTH to becoming you accepted belief is something else TOTALLY.

Even Dr. Keith Moore who testified to the TRUTHFULNESS of embrology in the Quran never embraced Islam.

And so whats the FUSS?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by kilo4sure: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
WORDWORLD:

EVEN PROPHET MUHAMMAD'S UNCLE DID NOT ACCEPT ISLAM DESPITE ALL HIS PROTECTION OF HIS NEPHEW EVEN ALSO ACKNOWLEDGING THAT HIS NEPHEW HAS COME WITH THE TRUTH.

Acknowledging is one thing, ACCEPTING is another.
So why would someone deliberately choose hellfire when he his convinced of the truth himself? Maybe he had to pay lip service just to protect his life, Muhammed was capable of anything. Remember that your God dedicated a whole surah in his supposed final book into telling us how muhammed's uncle would suffer in hellfire, both he and his wife, just for not believing in muhammed's nonsense.
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2016
h
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2016
kilo4sure:

So why would someone deliberately choose hellfire when he his convinced of the truth himself? Maybe he had to pay lip service just to protect his life, Muhammed was capable of anything. Remember that your God dedicated a whole surah in his supposed final book into telling us how muhammed's uncle would suffer in hellfire, both he and his wife, just for not believing in muhammed's nonsense.

THE PROBLEM WITH OUR WORLD IS PEOPLE DO NOT MOSTLY DO RESEARCH. HIS UNCLE DIED WHILE HIS NEPHEW COULD BARELY RAISE HIS EYE BROW AGAINST HIS PAGAN KITH AND KINS.

When all you are accustom to is little readings that your pastors decide to read to you on SUNDAY'S from the Bible why will you not be thinking like this.

Did Muhammad also put SWORD on the throat of Dr. Maurice Bucaile and Dr. Keith that the should tell the world what they have told us concerning the Quran and that was why they did?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by cloudgoddess(f): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2016
Presbulg:

Nonsense
Sorry that you're upset undecided Doesn't change reality though...
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by kilo4sure: 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
WORDWORLD:

THE PROBLEM WITH OUR WORLD IS PEOPLE DO RESEARCH. HIS UNCLE DIED WHILE HIS NEPHEW COULD BARELY RAISE HIS EYE BROW AGAINST HIS PAGAN KITH AND KINS.

When all you are accustom to is little readings that your pastors decide to read to you on SUNDAY'S from the Bible why will you not be thinking like this.

Did Muhammad also put SWORD on the throat of Dr. Maurice Bucaile and Dr. Keith that the should tell the world what they have told us concerning the Quran?
Come on man, do you know there are scientists who vouch for Hindu scriptures today? Even some try to show that science and the bible are compatible. This proves nothing, my point is that Islam is stuck with the Quran as the verbatim word of God and this is an irrational dogma. For example in surah 4v34 Quran gives you permission to beat your wife as the last resort if she is stubborn, this is an outdated code, but Muslims have no choice, tell me is this a good thing? Muhammed slept with a 9year old girl and Muslims today try to follow the footsteps of the prophet even when the world is moving on, the reason you make up excuses for these problems in Islam is the brainwashing just like cloudgodess insinuated also.
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by salegella: 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2016
kilo4sure:

typical of a bigot, if he lacks logical evidences to defend his claim, he resort to insult and casting aspersions.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Panshow(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
muhamadnur:
simple answer.

bcoz its not the right path its da wrong religion. that knows nothing about GOD. and how to serve him.

islam is the way. "ALLAH IS GREAT."
It's because delusion in Islam is taken to a whole new level.
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by hopefulLandlord: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
puresaint12:
I have observed that most atheist became atheist within the range of 17-27 yrs of age.I think it's because most of them feel that christianity is a form of bondage since they can not 'enjoy their youth' without answering to their creator.they want to be god of themselves,free to do whatever they want while hiding under their usual'prove to me out of the 5000+ gods that ur god is the true god' lie ...yeah Jesus talked about taking up ur cross,that an atheist doesn't want to hear

This is a guess and most likely wrong one at that

https://www.nairaland.com/3227103/people-atheists-because-want-sin
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by tempest01(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
I thought there was a controlled area for these kind of posts where you have to accept an oath before you post?

Why did you leave your cage OP....go back there and wallow with your kind.
Re: Why Are Christians The Ones Turning Atheist. by Presbulg(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Sorry that you're upset undecided Doesn't change reality though...

Sorry to burst your bubble. What you wrote up there shows how ignorant you are. You are not the only one, mind you. There millions like you who just a little research on Islam who do a lot of good. What would cost you to just do a little research on Islam and see for yourself what it entails.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? / What's Your Favorite Offering Song / Jesus (pbuh) Only Sent To The Jews And Not To Nigerians-leave Him Alone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.