Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,307 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:03 PM

FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium (21745 Views)

Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) / See What Happened When NEPA Wanted To Disconnect Electricity From A House. Video / Man Installs Windmill To Generate Electricity, Tired Of Nigeria's Erratic Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by adioolayi(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2016
shamecurls:
Good one!

Should be situated in a peaceful Western state like the Outskirt of Lagos, Ekiti, Osun or Ondo. Cos it will be blown-off if Situated in other regions.

The West is the best environment for investment in Nigeria and investors need to tap into that advantage to secure there investment.

One cant imagine the enormous opportunity and employment this will bring to the Host state

You have a point....Invest where your investment will be safe
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by bright007(f): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2016
k
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by Bnladan(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2016
eleojo23:
So we are now going nuclear?
Issokay!

Let's pray that these terrorists roaming about will not lay their hands on the Uranium and try to use it to power a nuke (nuclear weapon)

That would be trouble for us 'cos the last time I checked, Jack Bauer was taken away by the Russians and only God knows if he is still alive...
my broda me too dey wait for his return grin

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by hexy40: 8:41am On Jul 20, 2016
If Japan and all there advanced technology fit get problem I wonder what will happen in Nigeria. It should be located in kaduna sha.

4 Likes

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by moffat(m): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2016
wake me up after lectures

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by kstix(m): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2016
eleojo23:
Issokay!

Let's pray that these terrorists roaming about will not lay their hands on the Uranium and try to use it to power a nuke (nuclear weapon)

That would be trouble for us 'cos the last time I checked, Jack Bauer was taken away by the Russians and only God knows if he is still alive...
lol.. U obviously have not watched season 9.. Coz jack bauer was spotted in d UK. Chloe dyed her hair to black and joined a hackers group. She helped jack later sha
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by phemmie06(m): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2016
Story story, story Start make we see. Are these guys not tired of fake promises

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by Bnladan(m): 8:43am On Jul 20, 2016
lielbree:
That's good. I heard sokoto is rich in uranium, I'm not sure if that's true or not.
broda park wel oo! So na my state u wan send d "tym bomb". Nothn lyk hiroshima's or Nagasaki wil happen 2 my state...ameen grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by juniour4u(m): 8:43am On Jul 20, 2016
boss096:
I sorry for Nigeria embarassed
must u condemned everything the fg embark on. I am sorry for you
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by kstix(m): 8:46am On Jul 20, 2016
boostdom:
Uranium, used as nuclear fuel in a nuclear reactor, is a very complex radioactive element and is very difficult to produce and refine. A week training for nuclear practitioners and security officers in the country on the extraction, exploitation and utilisation of the substance is laughable and grossly inadequate. The right term is "sensitization". The simplest nuclear reactor design available now takes nothing less than 3years to build and the technology is high intellectual property.

Uranium is very unstable to one radius and you need not just the physics knowledge and the mechanical skills but high precision control labs.

We should be looking at renewable energy not radioactive fission. Nuclear reactor engagement is not a one week Management retreat.

we don sabi say u read new school physics or is it ababio u read?
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by Remii(m): 8:46am On Jul 20, 2016
k2kay:
We cant maintain hydro and thermal and we want to go nuclear.....#deathwish
we maintain hydro and thermal the problem is due to saboteurs of pipelines
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by frankmoney(m): 8:47am On Jul 20, 2016
U guys should just shut up .... The nuclear reactor won't be weapons grade , and you guys av obviously seen hydro and thermal cannot produce enough electricity due to attacks on pipelines , the major way to generate the electricity has to be through nuclear
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by lielbree: 8:49am On Jul 20, 2016
Bnladan:
broda park wel oo! So na my state u wan send d "tym bomb". Nothn lyk hiroshima's or Nagasaki wil happen 2 my state...ameen grin

LOL. . Uranium is big bucks o
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by erusen: 8:49am On Jul 20, 2016
shamecurls:
Good one!

Should be situated in a peaceful Western state like the Outskirt of Lagos, Ekiti, Osun or Ondo. Cos it will be blown-off if Situated in other regions.

The West is the best environment for investment in Nigeria and investors need to tap into that advantage to secure there investment.

One cant imagine the enormous opportunity and employment this will bring to the Host state
do u know what a nuclear plant is?,do u know how unstable uranium?,do u know what happen to japan when this stuff,went AWOL,Nigerian should not nuclear oh,our mentainance is very poor,I prefer no light to nuclear malfunction

4 Likes

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by oweman: 8:50am On Jul 20, 2016
[quote author=k2kay post=47701787]We cant maintain hydro and thermal and we want to go nuclear....

If both the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and the Obafemi AWOLOWO UNIVERSIT Ile ife while UNN Nsuka \ THE USMAN dANFODIO University Sokoto are also on solar why should the country get stuck with this gas wahala
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by meekyrozzay: 8:52am On Jul 20, 2016
i pray we achieve this
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by kajoula(m): 8:52am On Jul 20, 2016
[size=18pt]Another 20 Years Project to be abandoned......

They should stop feeding us stories, we want results = 22hour electricity supply

Nigeria O' Nigeria[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by owisdom25(m): 8:53am On Jul 20, 2016
shuoooo...
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by flokii: 8:53am On Jul 20, 2016
Finally!

Ipod yoots will have somtin to hold on to, jobs for them too grin

Na joke o.. Buh seriously our ipod guys are good in stuffs like this.. The brilliance and scientific nature is in them like peak.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by Ranchhoddas: 8:54am On Jul 20, 2016
Uranium. Which kind country be this?

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by Ranchhoddas: 8:56am On Jul 20, 2016
eleojo23:
Issokay!

Jack Bauer never dies. The bloody Russians have no idea what they've got coming.
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by shamecurls(m): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2016
erusen:
do u know what a nuclear plant is?,do u know how unstable uranium?,do u know what happen to japan when this stuff,went AWOL,Nigerian should not nuclear oh,our mentainance is very poor,I prefer no light to nuclear malfunction

You only highlighted the cons and failed to commend the pros. You never made mention of country`s who have been using it successfully for more than a decade. Quite agree with the maintenance ish but even if such where to be built, trust me, It wont be built, operated or maintained by the government.

The world is moving and we have to move with it. Its a sure way to go. I wont call it a risky option but a delicate one.
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by juniour4u(m): 8:59am On Jul 20, 2016
can't u guys just watch and see how this works. they is the exposure to radiation is low, is not you guys that is clamoring for electricity
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by Doctorbrains01(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2016
I laud the efforts of the FG in its effort to salvage this country from the prevailing epileptic power supply. But I still think our dear country is still too premature for this development. Unscrupulous utilization of Uranium for nuclear energy can lead to unbearable hazards. The FG should make maximum use of the Hydro energy sources. When we are intellectually and technologically advanced enough, we will smile to the use of nuclear energy
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by stonemasonn: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2016
Hmmm FG please be careful!!

Even the mighty Germans are abandoning nuclear energy for alternative renewable energy (solar, wind and biomass).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by blackprowler: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2016
k2kay:
We cant maintain hydro and thermal and we want to go nuclear.....#deathwish

Nigeria is a joke!
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by chidextec: 9:07am On Jul 20, 2016
It is highly regrettable that Nigeria can not will never maintain common steam turbine that generates power. Here we are again chasing a white elephant in Nuclear. I just pity d poor masses who voted these incompetent charlatans into government. Government without an ideology is destined for doom. 9ja I hail thee.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by kolaish(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2016
[quote author=stonemasonn post=47716773][/quote]They should as a matter of fact thread carefully as you said.
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by dionpholly(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2016
Nah only vocabs we go they here, no actions contunu
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by IBBG(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2016
abeg mak we stick hydro, thermal and solar and leave dis nuclear shit
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 20, 2016
Quit preaching! Deliver or quit!!
Re: FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 20, 2016
kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa;Dkwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa;Dkwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwagrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern And Muslim Members Of The Labour Party Presidential Campaign Council. / Cameroon Launches First Air Strikes On Boko Haram / Governor Ortom Kneels Down As Pastor Joshua Iginla Prays For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.