Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,395 members, 7,901,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:49 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! (66954 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Gooner2(m): 8:59am On Sep 16, 2009
~Gooner~:

The big news of the morning is the fact that either Vito Mannone or Wojciech Szczesny will make their Champions’ League debut against Standard Liege tonight. In all honesty, it looks like Mannone will get the nod but with what I’ve seen of both keepers, I’d prefer to start Wojciech in goal. The manager had some words to say about the young Italian keeper.

“At least he’s played one, and he did quite well. It will be quite a heated atmosphere. It is a big challenge for a young boy to come into a Champions League game with such pressure. But I am confident. If you look at the number of shots we have conceded recently, it is not that many.”

Apparently, Manuel Almunia seems to have picked up a chest infection while Robin Van Persie and Denilson picked up knocks against Citeh at the weekend. One surprise though was the inclusion of young striker Sanchez Watt. I’ve written about him several times on the blog and I’d be interested to see feature at some stage of the match. He’s an exciting young talent and I’m pleased the boss is confident enough to include him in the European squad.

I must confess that I know very little about Standard Liege. Historically our joint record win in Europe was a 7-0 bashing against them in 1993. However last season, I watched both legs of their Champions’ League qualifying tie against Liverpool and must say that they really can play football. As Belgian Champions for the last two years, they will be looking to impress in the group stages. Nick Teal of Arsenal.com caught up with Het Laatste Nieuws reporter Kristof Terreur for the lowdown on Standard Liege and he had this to say;

“Standard play football technically well, their game has lots of passion. They have a defence with tall, strong guys, a midfield with technical players and two complete attackers who are fast and strong. 
Standard fans create a South American atmosphere at the stadium.”
“Everybody will be singing all the time, like they used to in England some years ago. Last year in Liverpool, there was more atmosphere from the 5,000 Standard fans than from the 40,000 home fans at Anfield, and the Liverpool fans were very impressed with them.”

They will however be without influential captain Stephen Defour who suffered a broken leg at the weekend and has been ruled out for three months. One man however, we will be keen to avoid is Axel Witsel who was recently suspended for 8 domestic games for a vicious tackle that smashed his opponents leg into two, he is however short of match practice though! That’s one man  Eduardo will definitely be avoiding!

Arsene Wenger has also claimed a bias from referees towards Arsenal has been created as a result of the Eduardo incident. He said;

“What I feel about it is we didn’t get the penalty at Manchester United with [Andrey] Arshavin and it was a direct consequence of what happened with Eduardo. We didn’t get the penalty at Manchester City with Gareth Barry either, and it was a direct consequence of that. Eduardo didn’t get a penalty when he played for Croatia against England and that was a direct consequence of that as well. It’s the referee’s problem. What you expect from the referee is to make the right decision in any circumstances and I don’t believe they will have to consider that case. That case has been judged. I believe in life you live with your own conscience and if Eduardo is convinced himself that he’s been touched that is the most important thing. We had the forensic expert who proved he had been touched.”

Talking tactics, I don’t expect us to line up differently from our new 4-3-3 formation. Barring any last minute knocks, I expect to see Diaby slot into the middle with Fabregas and Song with Rosicky taking up an attacking role on the left flanked by Bendtner and Eduardo down the middle. I think Eduardo is better suited to the lone striker role than RVP and it will be interesting to see how the attacking trio combine against Liege who are undefeated at home in 2009.

Possible Line up: Mannone, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Diaby, Fabregas, Song, Bendtner, Eduardo, Rosicky

Prediction: Arsenal 2 Standard Liege 1

You can follow me all day long on Twitter at www.twitter.com/thegreengooner as well as on the Arsenal vs Standard Liege Matchday Thread of Nairaland.com The game is live at 19:45 on Hi Sports 2 in Nigeria.

With Thomas Vermaelen calling it all a circus, I leave you with Wenger’s comments about Emmanuel Adebayor’s behaviour over the weekend.

“You ask 100 people, 99 will say it’s very bad and the hundredth will be Mark Hughes. Was I shocked? Yes, I think it was a very bad challenge, surprisingly bad. I didn’t expect him to do that. Why do you think the FA charged him?“

“I do not rule anything good or bad out for human beings. He deserved to be charged. I was surprised there was so much animosity in his attitude. ”In a few years he will realise Arsenal has been good for him.”I played football and I know exactly, in a fraction of a second, when you master your body, when you leave in or you move out.
“You know exactly at that fraction, I can injure somebody or I can not injure somebody and you ease off or you leave in.

“In England, you have many cases where the players leave in, less now than 10 years ago. “I have seen some challenges from 10 years ago where if you do that in the street, you would go to jail.”

Till tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit

Please visit www.thegreengooner.info as your comments and suggestions are most welcome! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 9:09am On Sep 16, 2009
dayokanu:

The same fans who boo Ashley Cole, The same fans who bring bananas to a football match, The same team whose players go 2 footed on an ex colleague.
The same fans who gave Robert Pires a reception so warm that he was moved to tears and wrote about it
The same fans who, on hearing rumours of Paddy returning to Arsenal, sang his name all through the 2 matches at the Emirates Cup.
The same fans who sang songs about Tony Adams, each time he returned to the Emirates with Portsmouth
Everytime Kanu comes to town, a section of the Arsenal crowd still chants 'Kaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnuuuuuuuu' whenever he's with the ball
The same fans that composed two songs for Madebayor when he was commited to the cause and sang it so loud,like all the other arsenal players were useless
The same fans that applauded Kolo Toure last saturday when his name was announced.
Fans are no fools!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tkb417(m): 9:17am On Sep 16, 2009
HNIC:

The same fans who gave Robert Pires a reception so warm that he was moved to tears and wrote about it
The same fans who, on hearing rumours of Paddy returning to Arsenal, sang his name all through the 2 matches at the Emirates Cup.
The same fans who sang songs about Tony Adams, each time he returned to the Emirates with Portsmouth
Everytime Kanu comes to town, a section of the Arsenal crowd still chants 'Kaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnuuuuuuuu' whenever he's with the ball
The same fans that composed two songs for Madebayor when he was commited to the cause and sang it so loud,like all the other arsenal players were useless
The same fans that applauded Kolo Toure last saturday when his name was announced.
Fans are no fools!!!
hasty generalization
fans can be fools

fans that threw coins at Drogba, you dont wanna know what Barca fans did to etoo, what about the racist remarks everywhere in the world
dont be in a haste to draw parallels and make assertions based on past occurences

at the weekend, the Arsenal fans were fools for throwing objects at Adebayor for celebrating his victory over you guys
very simple
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 9:55am On Sep 16, 2009
tkb417:

hasty generalization
fans can be fools

fans that threw coins at Drogba, you dont wanna know what Barca fans did to etoo, what about the racist remarks everywhere in the world
dont be in a haste to draw parallels and make assertions based on past occurences

at the weekend, the Arsenal fans were fools for throwing objects at Adebayor for celebrating his victory over you guys
very simple
Not excusing the arsenal fans that threw objects on the field.
But , let's look at the flip side.
assumming Ade scoered and did the Makossa dance around the centre circle or he pulls of his jersey and mouths F@*k Arsenal!
and not sprint 90m to incite the crowd, nothing would have been thrown on the pitch and we won't be talking about this and neither would Ade be facing a charge!
Anyways, the fans are being investigated also.
Meanwhile, there will always be idiots amongst fans.
But majority are no fools,
They can Decipher
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tkb417(m): 10:10am On Sep 16, 2009
HNIC
story!!!

so its wrong to sprint towards the opposing fans? you arsenal fans will not kill us one day
the same way ur gaffer had issues with Fletcher making tackles, he had issues with nani dribbling (showboating), ur fans have issues with players celebrating
'
what the fck is wrong with ur set up?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 10:22am On Sep 16, 2009
@tkb417,
The fans don't have issues with any player celebrating.
Is it the first time an ex player is scoring aginst Arsenal?
Admit it.
Ade showed little class on saturday.
Just find it strange that only you guys on NL condone Ade's behaviour.
The analysts on Tv find it disgusting
Bloggers have all found it nauseating
Come on,even the Greater Manchester Police think Ade was incorrect.
Damn it, Ade himself has repented(he has apologised for inciting the fans)and would be ashamed of himself after watching TV replays
Question should be how come we have just about 1% voice of the minority condoning the classless behaviour?

You say our fans have an issue with player's celebrating
How about yours, that have been begged how many times, by the gaffer and the club to stop singing about Wenger's sexual preferences?
Did Arsene Wenger incite them to keep singing that Vile song?
Or was he caught with any Manure's fan kid?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by allboyz(m): 10:23am On Sep 16, 2009
NO DENILSON ALMUNIA RVP AA32 for tonite's game
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by kaypumpin2(m): 10:24am On Sep 16, 2009
tkb417:

HNIC
story!!!

so its wrong to sprint towards the opposing fans? you arsenal fans will not kill us one day
the same way your gaffer had issues with Fletcher making tackles, he had issues with nani dribbling (showboating), your fans have issues with players celebrating
'
what the fck is wrong with your set up?

An didn't your gaffer had problem with an ordinary mounted billoard of Tevez by Citeh even when the season is yet to start?
Y'all scummies get sanctimonious as if worse things don't come frm that your side,or isn't it your fans chanting paedophillic songs at Wenger?

Please folks desist from all these "i holy pass" attitude and stick your "arsenal is trophyless" yabis.It sounds more realistic.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by allboyz(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2009
HNIC:

@tkb417,
The fans don't have issues with any player celebrating.
Is it the first time an ex player is scoring aginst Arsenal?
Admit it.
Ade showed little class on saturday.
[size=15pt]Just find it strange that only you guys on NL condone Ade's behaviour.[/size]
The analysts on Tv find it disgusting
Bloggers have all found it nauseating
Come on,even the Greater Manchester Police think Ade was incorrect.
Damn it, Ade himself has repented(he has apologised for inciting the fans)and would be ashamed of himself after watching TV replays

anytime i think about that wch is in BOLD. . . .i weep for some NL folks!!! its a shame not to admit a simple and clear truth!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by presido1: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2009
slimshay:

presido1, uv finished your shift in the garage abi?!! how much did your boys collect yesterday?!! you are all welcome.
My broda i just dey come back ooh. Last nite Garage shit no easy but wetin man go do naw. Man must wack, no food for lazy man. U get another job for me?. AM thinking of trying conductor job u get fedeco bus? i be good driver, i never enter pot hole since i start to drive cheesy cheesy cheesy. Believe me.

Oga HNIC,

Those players you mention did not receive boooooooooooooo from the fans when they were arsenal player. Ade got boooo-ed and as such one person can't booo a crowd so the only way he can give them back what they gave him is to celebrate his goal the way it will rile them up. Unfortunately for him its against the game. The only thing i blame Ade on was the stamping of the rapist guy i hope they ban him for that. I can celebrate and pay the fine myself if am in Ade's shoes. £10k is nothing to him. I will even celebrate again if i score at emirati but this time a drawing on my vest showing empty trophy cabinet tongue tongue tongue in front of wenGAY.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2009
allboyz:

NO DENILSON ALMUNIA RVP AA32 for tonite's game
No more in wenger we Trust
'In God, we trust' grin
Mannone
It's make or mar.
it had better be make grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tkb417(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2009
heheheheh
u guys need some spiritualists to get this message innit?

SAFs had issues with Tevezs billboard?

SAF will never make noise about a player celebrating, making tackles, or dribbling on the field?

SAFs vibes to Citey dates back many years.  .  .
its normal between rival coaches/clubs to throw jibes before and during/after the season

nothing as unfortunate as complaining when a player dribbles or celebrates
its moronic in its simplest terms

HNIC
i said it here the stamp on RVP was evil and he should be banned for it (but not for celebrating in front of the fans)
what i am against is what any football pundit/afficionado will oppose
dangerous play, cheating et al
not some mundane shitz about dribbles, and celebration

its totally disgusting

ALlboyz
stop weeping for people.
weep for urself, your illk and your moronic army for distorting facts, issues and opinions
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by allboyz(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2009
HNIC:

'In God, we trust' grin
Mannone
It's make or mar.
it had better be make grin

im just very speechless. . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by khanye(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2009
[size=14pt]IN WENGER WE TRUST [/size] shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by presido1: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2009
HNIC:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Even you shocked shocked shocked am disappointed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 10:41am On Sep 16, 2009
presido1:

Oga HNIC,

Those players you mention did not receive boooooooooooooo from the fans when they were arsenal player. Ade got boooo-ed and as such one person can't booo a crowd so the only way he can give them back what they gave him is to celebrate his goal the way it will rile them up. Unfortunately for him its against the game. .
@Presido,
I like the highlighted. grin
presido1:

I will even celebrate again if i score at emirati but this time a drawing on my vest showing empty trophy cabinet tongue tongue tongue in front of wenGAY.
Now, he won't be charged for inciting anyone, if he celebrates like that! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tkb417(m): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2009
HNIC
i agree Ade showed little class
would you ban for being crass?

NO

hes from Togo not from USA
hehehe
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by allboyz(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2009
khanye:

[size=14pt]IN WENGER WE TRUST [/size] shocked shocked grin cheesy

nor be your fault broda tongue. . . . YES,IN AW I TRUST! tongue Watch and see how Eto'o will slice you tonite. . . . grin grin

TKB. . .

NL peeps likes to say shytie things in order to "annoy" or make "jest" or sumtin against ARSENAL even when they know they are wrong! - its a embarrassing!. . . .like KAY said - i would rather you  prefer the "4 yrs/7yrs trophyless season to the wrong incest of ADEs' foolish act. . .  lipsrsealed

kolo was an EX- arsenal Player. . .if he had scored over the weekend. . . im sure he wouldn't have celebrated. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 10:47am On Sep 16, 2009
presido1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Even you shocked shocked shocked am disappointed.

allboyz:

im just very speechless. . . . . .

Come on guys, I am joking!!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by presido1: 10:49am On Sep 16, 2009
@HNIC

We all know its against the game but don't be suprise when FA strike the case just like UEFA did to Eduardo's clear dive. grin grin grin
WenGAY don slim badly, is he sick?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by HNIC(m): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2009
tkb417:

HNIC
i agree Ade showed little class
would you ban for being crass?

NO

hes from Togo not from USA
hehehe
Really, i dont support him being banned for the celebration.
He has realised his folly and apologised.
Maybe a warning, not even a fine
But for the stamp on RVP, he should be punished!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by tkb417(m): 10:55am On Sep 16, 2009
HNIC
now we are on the same page
The stamp was out of sorts!! Such shouldnt be condoned

Allboyz
you and kay should allow us talk abi wetin?
when we lose, we no dey hear word

free us abeg
lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by biina: 11:02am On Sep 16, 2009
It is simply irritating listening to Wenger and some Arsenal fans.
So because Ade played for Arsenal before, he should always suck it up, and take whatever BS they dish to him eh?
Ade doesn't owe Arsenal anything. They bought him for their own benefit, and sold him when they saw an opportunity that suited them. The likes of Wenger and Rafa should shut up and stop demanding undeserved remittance from players.
Ade, and any other player, should be free to celebrate a goal anywhere on the pitch. Trying to blame Ade for the hooliganism among Arsenal fans is just wrong. Players have always had exchanges with fans, and anybody (either fan or player) that takes it beyond verbal means and gestures, should be held accountable e.g. fans that throw objects, or player like cantona that kick fans.
To sanction Ade for his celebration is simply ruining the game further.
But then its the English FA; what do you expect?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by allboyz(m): 11:35am On Sep 16, 2009
Check this out - i were the FA. . . i will ban ADE for 2 Seasons!!!!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by mukina2: 11:51am On Sep 16, 2009
new thread . .new things. cool

~Gooner~:

Please visit www.thegreengooner.info as your comments and suggestions are most welcome! grin
you nor dey hear word ni? angry grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by olabukola: 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2009
allboyz:

Check this out - i were the FA. . . i will ban ADE for 2 Seasons!!!!
At this rate if Citeh manage to win anything this season or next some of you will write to FA to transfer the winning to Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by MrCrackles(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2009
We are down to the bare bones tonight but we should still give a good account of ourselves in Belgium. . . . . cool
Go on you gunners, get us that important win!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Gooner2(m): 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2009
mukina2:

you nor dey hear word ni? angry grin

I dey hear oh! I haven't seen your comments yet though!

At least give me some credit for effort. . .I have to be up early 4am) to prepare for the blog.

What do you suggest? My publicity so far has been Nairaland, Facebook and Twitter

wink any thoughts?

olabukola:

At this rate if Citeh manage to win anything this season or next some of you will write to FA to transfer the winning to Arsenal.

Sharrap angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by khanye(m): 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2009
allboyz:

nor be your fault broda tongue. . . . YES,IN AW I TRUST! tongue Watch and see how Eto'o will slice you tonite. . . . grin grin

lol . . . . . . . Let's wait n see wink cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Fuup(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
HNIC:

Really, i dont support him being banned for the celebration.
He has realised his folly and apologised.
Maybe a warning, not even a fine
But for the stamp on RVP, he should be punished!

HNIC, 'been reading your posts, nice 1

The stamp was malicious and he will be punished but i dont care bout the celebration,that might be a moment he will come to regret!
As a player if you dont have good charisma and your attitude stinks,you become a hate figure quickly!
He took the spotlight away from his team mate on what should ve been a good confidence boost leading to their derby clash!
In all the sunday and Monday back pages,it was all about his actions not the win!

He needs to sort his attitude out,English fans are always on the look out for a scape goat,someone to hate and boo, with the way City is going,he has made himself number 1 target!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by olabukola: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2009
^As far as he plays well and earn his cabadash booooo fans are rubbish. Haven't you noticed that the more you boo a player the more better he performs. Let them keep on booing let him earn his £180k/wk. Don't they know that part of there gate fee goes to Ade @ the end of the wk. You pay him and boo him, who is the fool here.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! by Sauron1: 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2009
Arsenal fans are CLASSLESS. . . .OMG!!!!
What's up with the flying seat the dude was holding in the pic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: Super Cup (1 - 3) On 13th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.