Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,497 members, 7,874,972 topics. Date: Friday, 28 June 2024 at 09:20 PM

See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. (36407 Views)

See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World / The Fastest And Most Economical Network For Data / Pictures: Is Airtel The Fastest Network In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Ebubemg(m): 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
undecided undecided undecided

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
what's the point suffering pple. Here is the complete 6. Latvia Latvia’s average internet speed is 18.3 mbps, which is nearly three times quicker than the global average. 7. Japan Users in Japan experience an average internet speed of 18.2 mbps, which is offered to them by high-speed fiber optics (cables that enable faster internet). This means that even if there are several people in a household who are using Netflix, or are playing video games, and browsing the web on different devices at the same time, they will not experience any slow-downs. Japan is one of the many countries working on super- fast 100 Gbps (Gigabytes per second) internet. Meanwhile, the Japanese provider So-net offers 2 GBps internet that is twice as fast as Google Fiber, making it the world’s fastest commercially available internet service. 8. The Netherlands The Netherlands’ average internet speed is 17.9 mbps. According to a 2014 report, the country also brags the highest percentage of households using the internet in the EU (European Union). 9. Czech Republic Witnessing a 31% increase from last year, the internet in the Czech Republic loads 17.8 mbps on average. This speed is somewhat above what most people in the U.S. would think as average that allows you to watch HD videos and surf the web without any kind of interruption.
10. Finland People in Finland use the internet at 17.7 mbps on an average, which is comparatively fast.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by DaveHert(m): 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Na which 1 Naija go come 1st 10 sef? Maybe 10 most suffering-and-smiling people abi
See for yourself. Naija came out #7 for country with the most Internet users, but when it comes to speed Naija is still celebrating 1Mbps, shame on telecommunications network in this country.

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by DaveHert(m): 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Naijji:

I'm not talking about the size of the hypothetical movie file. It could be more, could be less. I'm talking about his conversion. He's made the rookie error of equating Mbps with MBps.

Notice the case of the "b". Lower case "b" is bits, while upper case "B" is bytes. 8 bits = 1 byte.

So, getting an average of 29Mbps doesn't mean you'll download a 5gb file in less than 3 minutes. It'll take more than 20 minutes at that speed. Do the maths wink

Like I said, rookie error wink
Was wondering if I was the only sane one here who noticed his error, he used Mbps to quantify the speed of the fastest country, being 29Mbps which is very wrong, if we go by the maths of dividing that by 8 to get the actual speed in MBps, the actual speed is 3.6MB/sec which is too slow to be the fastest. And then saying with 29Mbps will download a file of 5000MB (5gb) in 2min is laughable.

Here is the maths:
29Mbps ÷ 8 = 3.625MBps

5,000MB ÷ 3.6MB = 1,388.8888888889secs

Now to get that value in mins, we divide by 60

1,388.8888888889secs ÷ 60secs = 23mins

So to download a file of 5000MB (5GB) with a speed of 29Mbps (3.6MB/sec) it would take nothing less than 23mins.

Real rookie error!

If we go by what op said then NTEL is the fastest telecoms in the world since they can achieve a speed of 50Mbps, therefore making Nigeria the country with the fastest Internet speed. grin

endtimeshit:
Yes oh, dat's an error there. 29Mbps is different from 29Mb/s. The first means 29Megabits per second, while the second is 29Megabytes per second. 29Mb/s is between 4G range, and is very fast, if you know what I mean. So OP, come and correct yourself
greenhulk:

Who told u that? I have full HD movies of above 4gb on my laptop. Do u think it is all those compressed movies u download online. A 2hrs full 1920x1080 resolution movie should be above 3gb. Don't even start with 4k. I have a 1 minute 2k video (not even 4k) on my phone and the size is about 120mb.
HyDef:

Actually, he's not wrong. Depending on the codec, whether the video is compressed or not, and especially the bit rate, a 1080p video could hit as high as 8GB.
In fact, a Blu-ray disc can hold up to 25gb, and they are used for full HD videos. A typical DVD does 4.7, so it shows that some full HD content surpasses 5GB.

Now for the people I just quoted you guys don't even understand what Naijji is talking about, when he said rookie error he wasn't referring to video quality but the OP's data speed calculations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by DabuIIIT: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
This is so WOW!!!
Seriously,buhari should be impeached for not effecting change in the area of 'internetivity' after one year of promise and fail..imagine,hungry people catching and roasting and eating a poor wandering tortoise in bariga!
angry
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by nairaman66(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
Chudichu:

Hahahahaha, I have gotten 11mb per second on MTN once.

That day was a public holiday!

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by otimothy(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
Wiztek:

Abi o Ahn ahn se na season film u dey talk about ........
Unless it's a 4k movie which is actually much bigger but hd and full hd movies sholdnt go over 2gb

You didn't spot the mistake.
The op said movie size is 5000mb and mb is speed size is Mb.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Chudichu(m): 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
nairaman66:

That day was a public holiday!
at about 1am
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by pussyeater(m): 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
blaquemyc:
did the copy and paste achieve it's aim or not?
No and senseless undecided
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by blaquemyc: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
pussyeater:
No and senseless undecided
pple like you ain't worth my time.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Naijji: 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
DaveHert:

Was wondering if I was the only sane one here who noticed his error, he used Mbps to quantify the speed of the fastest country, being 29Mbps which is very wrong, if we go by the maths of dividing that by 8 to get the actual speed in MBps, the actual speed is 3.6MB/sec which is too slow to be the fastest. And then saying with 29Mbps will download a file of 5000MB (5gb) in 2min is laughable.

Here is the maths:
29Mbps ÷ 8 = 3.625MBpd

5,000MB ÷ 3.6MB = 1,388.8888888889secs

Now to get that value in mins, we divide by 60

1,388.8888888889secs ÷ 60secs = 23mins

So to download a file of 5000MB (5GB) with a speed of 29Mbps (3.6MB/sec) it would take nothing less than 23mins.

Real rookie error!

If we go by what op said then NTEL is the fastest telecoms in the world since they can achieve a speed of 50Mbps, therefore making Nigeria the country with the fastest Internet speed. grin

Now for the people I just quoted you guys don't even understand what Naijji is talking about, when he said rookie error he wasn't referring to video quality but the OP's data speed calculations.

Your head is there. One sees this error all the time. Disappointing

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by SniperD(m): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
Chudichu:

maybe true but how many seconds it last....
and how much did you pay to get it? those countries mentioned pay less than we do if you check correctly or ask anyone u knw ther.

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Chudichu(m): 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
SniperD:

and how much did you pay to get it? those countries mentioned pay less than we do if you check correctly or ask anyone u knw ther.
It lasted for about 30 seconds, fluctuating between 9mb-11mb, it was simple server.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by SniperD(m): 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
Chudichu:

It lasted for about 30 seconds, fluctuating between 9mb-11mb, it was simple server.
simple server i.e tweak give 11mb...
u were high on fine aba weed.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Jaymaestro(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Chudichu:
I actually did get that speed at night, but like someone said it's not just about getting that speed and service just once.
Got 18mbps today before it went down to 400+kbps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Temitoppe(m): 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
come c sumtin

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by olowo72(m): 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
pussyeater:

Don't mind the Op, the screw for his head have lost. undecided
speaking from the depth of your ignorance.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by ikbtn: 1:28am On Aug 01, 2016
pussyeater:

Don't mind the Op, the screw for his head have lost. undecided
Dude, se u been dey on top woman when u create this your Acc for nairaland . this your name tho grin grin
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by zeberebe: 6:40am On Aug 01, 2016
dmorf:

Very soon we go make the List of 10 most suffering and smiling nation with BuBu as our president
bubu must go
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by zeberebe: 6:40am On Aug 01, 2016
ikbtn:

Dude, se u been dey on top woman when u create this your Acc for nairaland . this your name tho grin grin
grin
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by zeberebe: 6:42am On Aug 01, 2016
SniperD:

yes you are right. They pay less and still get best service. B bubu must go
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by OluDare01(m): 6:48am On Aug 01, 2016
Chudichu:

Lie Mohammed undecided
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Thukzee01(m): 6:52am On Aug 01, 2016
Naijji:

I'm not talking about the size of the hypothetical movie file. It could be more, could be less. I'm talking about his conversion. He's made the rookie error of equating Mbps with MBps.

Notice the case of the "b". Lower case "b" is bits, while upper case "B" is bytes. 8 bits = 1 byte.

So, getting an average of 29Mbps doesn't mean you'll download a 5gb file in less than 3 minutes. It'll take more than 20 minutes at that speed. Do the maths wink

Like I said, rookie error wink
ok ok u have a point there
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by hardeydhoying(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2016
endtimeshit:
Yes oh, dat's an error there. 29Mbps is different from 29Mb/s. The first means 29Megabits per second, while the second is 29Megabytes per second. 29Mb/s is between 4G range, and is very fast, if you know what I mean. So OP, come and correct yourself

You're still saying the same thing. 29Mbps is same with 29Mb/s!! The p is denoted with / , which simply means the "per".

29Mbps (29Mb/s) = 29Megabits per second. while

29MBps (29MB/s) = 29Megabyte per second.

B for Bytes while b for bits.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by buharisbae(f): 7:07am On Aug 01, 2016
Flashh:
Nigeria must be in worst top 10.

funny enoff we are amongst the worst I just googled it
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by TechWalker007: 7:20am On Aug 01, 2016
I think the Op actually mean MB/Sec when he used Mbs.
Speed rate is mostly written as Mbps
He may have done this out unknowingly.

There are many networks that browse above 300Mbs all over the world.
In Italy for example, a 10GB file was downloaded in less than 10mins.

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by obinoral1179(m): 7:21am On Aug 01, 2016
blaquemyc:
Hong Kong is an autonomous territory south of Mainland China. Hong Kong maintains its own executive, legislative and judiciary powers, including an independent legal system, public security force, monetary system, customs policy, and immigration policy while the State Council of China is responsible for military defence and foreign affairs. And if you follow football closely you'll notice that they also play world cup qualifier independently. So i'd say it's safe to refer to them as a country.
just getting to know this... Nice one
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by disloman(m): 7:21am On Aug 01, 2016
dmorf:

Very soon we go make the List of 10 most suffering and smiling nation with BuBu as our president
Senseless comment.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 01, 2016
Honestly I don't care for internet speed. All I care for's internet penetration. What do we need the speed for, downloading or streaming movies? There are many sites which compress full-length movies to 200MB per copy; the only difference between my entertainment and those of developed countries is better picture quality. Everyone uses mp3s nowadays so we all hear the same quality sound.
The main thing one needs the internet for is knowledge building, the speed of one's connection plays a very little part. The more people educating themselves via the internet the better they can improve their living conditions via self-empowerment.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Barigaboy(m): 7:29am On Aug 01, 2016
America is not in d list?
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by addizzle(f): 7:37am On Aug 01, 2016
CashNaira96:
bros smal smal na... Chai
i hail u.. continue ooo.. There's God
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by stinggy(m): 7:39am On Aug 01, 2016
Mologi:
OYO teachers are.suffering...AJUMOBI
Please tell the eleriibu governor ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C7 Official Specs, Photos And Discussion Thread / Airtel Compensates Customers With 200mb After Downtime / OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.