Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,832 members, 7,872,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:14 PM

The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira (15149 Views)

Ananias & Sapphira: The Watershed Of TRUE And FALSE Christianity. / Whoever Introduces Tribalism To RCCG Will Die Like Ananias & Sapphira - Adeboye / Abrahamism Or Celebration Of Barbaric Savagery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by hahn(m): 9:34am On Aug 03, 2016
Acidosis:
All executions are barbaric, so what's the point?

God hates sin, and the reward of sin is death. God approve death as a reward for wickedness. It is God (not Christians) who kills, gives life, and do whatever He pleases.

If you have any problem with that, go to Heaven and get Him arrested if you can.

However, if you as a Christian, a Muslim or a Atheist kills, you would be jailed on earth. If God kills, NOTHING will happen.

God created evil. Why should we be punished for something it created? undecided
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 03, 2016
Seun:
I just added a footnote that explains why that is a safe assumption unless the bible said they were newlyweds or that Sapphira was barren.

That is how I understand the passage. Regardless of how you interpret the passage, it's clear that their death was a (cruel) divine punishment.

If this is how you understand the passage then your understanding is riddled with a foundation of lies which you are deceptively parading as assumptions.

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Acidosis(m): 9:37am On Aug 03, 2016
hahn:

God created evil. Why should we be punished for something it created? undecided

Give me an example of evil.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by neocortex: 9:38am On Aug 03, 2016
honourhim:

You have failed to face the truth that God can love and can hate. He can build and he can destroy.These things are clearly projected in the scripture. People should stop projecting God as one who cannot hate or harm anybody. Its wrong.
Again do you know what transpired between them as a church, the agreement they had before embarking on that practice of people bringing what they have? We cant tell. Some details are not given in biblical stories. If all the details were to be written, then the bible will be one large book that ten persons cannot carry. If put in volumes then you can imagine the number of volumes it will be.
Lets always bear this in mind when judging biblical stories and events.

The bolded prove that there is no difference between god and man viz-a-viz
hypocrisy(do what I say but not what I do) and being unstable(anything can piss
him off).

In other words god is the same as the man who believes in him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by hahn(m): 9:41am On Aug 03, 2016
Acidosis:

Give me an example of evil.

Killing two people for simply lying about how much they made is evil. Obviously that verse was created so people could continue giving their wealth to the church.

Murdering all the women and children in Sodom and Gomorrah is evil

Killing everyone on earth, including women and children, during Noah's flood is evil.

smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Acidosis(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2016
hahn:

Killing two people for simply lying about how much they made is evil. Obviously that verse was created so people could continue giving their wealth to the church.

Murdering all the women and children in Sodom and Gomorrah is evil

Killing everyone on earth, including women and children, during Noah's flood is evil.

smiley

That's the exact reason He is called God. cheesy He will still kill more in Hell Fire.

It is either you believe in Him, enjoy His Grace and live, or continue to disbelieve...

The Choice is Yours...
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by hahn(m): 9:51am On Aug 03, 2016
Acidosis:

That's the exact reason He is called God. cheesy He will still kill more in Hell Fire.

It is either you believe in Him, enjoy His Grace and live, or continue to disbelieve...

The Choice is Yours...

Haha. I should believe in a psychotic, child killing maniac? NO thanks.

Keep believing in it if you like but remember that you are also going to the Islamic hell fire and, trust me, Allah doesn't play. Not only will you and your family who believe in Jehovah burn in the Islamic hell, you will have bombs strapped to yourselves and blown up into tiny particles daily.

For people like you who believe in hell fire, there is no hope for you. If you believe in YOUR god, the other god will send you to it's own hell fire.

Oboy!

tongue

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Omooba77: 9:59am On Aug 03, 2016
Seun:
Pastor Adeboye's recent fatwa on "whoever introduces tribalism to RCCG", which is confusing because their list of leaders shows that tribalism has already been introduced to the church, reminded me of my concerns about the morality of the Ananias and Sapphira tale.

According to Acts 4:32 - Acts 5:11, "there were no needy persons among [the Christians]. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need." This was obviously not a sustainable way to do things because eventually, all the rich people in the church would have been reduced to poverty.

Anyway, "a man named Ananias, with the consent of his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property; with his wife’s knowledge, he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet" Now there's a lot to like about this couple. First, that they were willing to lose their property to help the needy in the church. Secondly, that they consulted with each other at every step of the way, and acted as one.

But this couple retained a sense of financial responsibility, so they decided to be keep some of the proceeds of the sale for themselves, to take care of their kids *, etc. However, God (or someone who knew what happened), told Peter what they had done, and Peter shamed them before the church by revealing their secret. So they cried, repented, were forgiven, and brought the rest of the money to the apostles that evening.

Haha. Just kidding. Peter, the guy who denied Jesus three times and was forgiven, had them killed by the power of the Holy Spirit of God, who is love. First he killed Ananias, and somehow nobody told his wife about his death. Then he killed Sapphira for backing up her husband.

Imagine the sorrow of the parents who brought up Ananias and Sapphira and instilled in them the values that made them successful enough to own property and pious enough to embrace Christianity. Imagine the inconsolable wailing of their kids * who would now have to rely on the charity of the same church that killed both of their parents, in order to survive. Consider the eternal burning in hell that awaited the couple.

How can anyone read this story and not be horrified by it? How can you open your mouth and say "God is love" after reading this chilling tale?

* It's reasonable to assume that they had kids unless they were just married or infertile, since there were no contraceptives in those days.

Seun I can agree with your thinking that if God is loving why will he kill. Romans 11:32 summaries one of the attribute of God,his way unsearcheable. If you read the story in Numbers 16 you will understand better;Annias and his wife lied to people,just as Korah rebeled against Moses. For discopline this kind happen. As for Peter the event you mentioned in Luke 22 has been foretold. God is Sovereign Psalm 115:3. I pray in your reasoning against the Existence of God; you will see God.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by mygsmnairacom(m): 10:00am On Aug 03, 2016
Seun:
It's wrong to say that Ananias and Sapphira didn't have parents, siblings, friends and kids because the bible doesn't mention them. I've included the rest of the biblical text in my original post so Nairaland members can judge the plausibility of my retelling of the story by themselves.

Should people be killed for lying to Pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, or Pastor Chris? That's essentially what the unfortunate couple did. Cruel.

Hi Seun,

Kindly check your email ev.......@......com. The credits have not been received yet.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by peacesamuel94(m): 10:08am On Aug 03, 2016
Seun:
Pastor Adeboye's recent fatwa on "whoever introduces tribalism to RCCG", which is confusing because their list of leaders shows that tribalism has already been introduced to the church, reminded me of my concerns about the morality of the Ananias and Sapphira tale.

According to Acts 4:32 - Acts 5:11, "there were no needy persons among [the Christians]. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need." This was obviously not a sustainable way to do things because eventually, all the rich people in the church would have been reduced to poverty.

Anyway, "a man named Ananias, with the consent of his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property; with his wife’s knowledge, he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet" Now there's a lot to like about this couple. First, that they were willing to lose their property to help the needy in the church. Secondly, that they consulted with each other at every step of the way, and acted as one.

But this couple retained a sense of financial responsibility, so they decided to be keep some of the proceeds of the sale for themselves, to take care of their kids *, etc. However, God (or someone who knew what happened), told Peter what they had done, and Peter shamed them before the church by revealing their secret. So they cried, repented, were forgiven, and brought the rest of the money to the apostles that evening.

Haha. Just kidding. Peter, the guy who denied Jesus three times and was forgiven, had them killed by the power of the Holy Spirit of God, who is love. First he killed Ananias, and somehow nobody told his wife about his death. Then he killed Sapphira for backing up her husband.

Imagine the sorrow of the parents who brought up Ananias and Sapphira and instilled in them the values that made them successful enough to own property and pious enough to embrace Christianity. Imagine the inconsolable wailing of their kids * who would now have to rely on the charity of the same church that killed both of their parents, in order to survive. Consider the eternal burning in hell that awaited the couple.

How can anyone read this story and not be horrified by it? How can you open your mouth and say "God is love" after reading this chilling tale?

* It's reasonable to assume that they had kids unless they were just married or infertile, since there were no contraceptives in those days.

lol from the above post sir, I can see that you are trying so hard to paint the picture of a Peace loving couple that were tortured to death by the Holy spirit for doing nothing. you spent more time analysing how they were killed than the offense they committed. From this post I can see that the definition of the atheists in nairaland is different from that of the regular atheist. Regular atheist: someone that lacks believe in a GOD. Nairaland atheist: someone that claims to lack belief in a God but spends more time to show how wicked a supposedly inexistent God is. let me ask this question is it that you don't believe God. exist or you HATE
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by peacesamuel94(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2016
Seun:

lol from the above post sir, I can see that you are trying so hard to paint the picture of a Peace loving couple that were tortured to death by the Holy spirit for doing nothing. you spent more time analysing how they were killed than the offense they committed. From this post I can see that the definition of the atheists in nairaland is different from that of the regular atheist. Regular atheist: someone that lacks believe in a GOD. Nairaland atheist: someone that claims to lack belief in a God but spends more time to show how wicked a supposedly inexistent God is. let me ask this question is it that you don't believe God. exists or you HATE Him

2 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 03, 2016
Mrlemuel:

How About There Is A Software For You To Use To Make It Function As It Was?
That Was How Jesus Came Into The Picture, To Redeem Us.
So you've admitted that Yahweh is not perfect.
As for the corrective software, i.e Jesus, the software probably had a few bugs because man is still as evil, if not worse, than he was then.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Funjosh(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2016
hahn hahn
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 03, 2016
damogul:

Naijadeyhia has been banned for making some persons uncomfortable with his questions. And his post removed. And they say someone isn't playing god on Nairaland.
Idk but if you break the rules you pay for it. See how naijadeyhia raped my thread when he came to argue about something totally unrelated to the post, filling almost two pages and still telling me that he has the right to post his shit anywhere without addressing the op
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Funjosh(m): 10:20am On Aug 03, 2016
Omooba77:

Seun I can agree with your thinking that if God is loving why will he kill. Romans 11:32 summaries one of the attribute of God,his way unsearcheable. If you read the story in Numbers 16 you will understand better;Annias and his wife lied to people,just as Korah rebeled against Moses. For discopline this kind happen. As for Peter the event you mentioned in Luke 22 has been foretold. God is Sovereign Psalm 115:3. I pray in your reasoning against the Existence of God; you will see God.

Amen and Amen cheesy
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2016
Seun
post=48141102:

Should people be killed for lying to Pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, or Pastor Chris? That's essentially what the unfortunate couple did. Cruel.
Seun, making mockery of the Holy spirit is one thing, lying is another.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by damogul: 10:26am On Aug 03, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Idk but if you break the rules you pay for it. See how naijadeyhia raped my thread when he came to argue about something totally unrelated to the post, filling almost two pages and still telling me that he has the right to post his shit anywhere without addressing the op

Ok so on Nairaland there are rules which have been laid down and when broken is meant to be served? Yet with God you all conveniently look away from God's rules and focus on His judgement same as in the case of Ananias and Saphira.

Is the Judgement to blame or is the rule breaker the one to blame for breaking the law and waking up the judgement?

Answer me pls.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2016
AnonyNymous:

So you've admitted that Yahweh is not perfect.
As for the corrective software, i.e Jesus, the software probably had a few bugs because man is still as evil, if not worse, than he was then.
Wrong, I Am Nt Admitting That The Lord Is Not Perfect, As For The Software, Jesus Was Never A Man Created Through A Male And Female Egg, Neither Was He A Zygote, He Was Begotten, Not Made.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Brigance(m): 10:35am On Aug 03, 2016
Mrlemuel:

Bro, The Church Of Today Isn't Like That Of Those Days, Ananias And His Wife Weren't The Only One Who Contributed To The Church, Ananias Sinned Against The Holy Spirit From His Heart.
Angels Lusted After The Daughters Of Men, And Took The Form Of Men Just To Have Carnal Knowledge Of Them, Why? Because They Were Beautiful.
When Adam Was Created, God Never Intended For Him To Fall Into Sin, All In All, When God Created Adam, He was created perfectly, until satan came to destroy that perfection through eve.
If You Create A Robot, And It Malfunctions, What Would You Do If Not Destroy It?

If I were omnipotent and omniscient and omnibenevolent, I won't create a Robot that malfunctions.

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2016
Brigance:

If I were omnipotent and omniscient and omnibenevolent, I won't create a Robot that malfunctions.
Not If The Robot Is Attacked By A Malware.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by damogul: 10:39am On Aug 03, 2016
Brigance:

I guess that means u wouldn't create a self learning human by giving him free will. If u call free will malfunctioning then it shows u do not even know who u are.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Scholar8200(m): 10:43am On Aug 03, 2016
hahn:

God created evil

We humans suffer from the effects of evil

Whatever evil happens in this world is god's responsibility

Since it is all knowing, why did it create evil, something it knows is bad, only to "withdraw" from it?

That doesn't make it any less responsible for the evil it has created
That whichis evil today was once good till it was separated from God. So, evil was not created as such.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 03, 2016
deekseen:
@Seun, the moral judge.

My over 9 years here tells me that if you were God you'd do worse.

You ban people for insulting with words as 'subtle' as "Id!ot", but promote obscenity and Pornography (that insult the mind and psychological makeup of a person) on your homepage.

While nothing much may be wrong with that, it clearly shows your preference. Insults don't get the traffic, obscenity and Pornography do! They are part of your main tools. They are vital in your money making course.

In the scripture you quoted, Peter and the early Christians setup a camp outside the city and wanted a common wealth everyone would have access to, no one richer than the other. The instruction was for everyone to submit every possession. Ananais and his wife went against that.

Remember, these were first generation Christians and they couldn't start off on the wrong foot.

About Peter and The couple, Peter was a useful tool in God's hands (same way you use obscenity and Pornography) to propel the gospel, while Ananais and his wife were used to caution others (same way you ban people for using 'subtle' insulting words). God forgave Peter and empowered him (same way you empower the O and P on your forum) and killed the couple (you delete or hide posts at your discretion).

Now, tell me Seun, are you not much like, if not worse, than the God you always condemn?

hahaha....your explanation is d bomb........
come to think of it wat would happen if God was a man...
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Brigance(m): 11:06am On Aug 03, 2016
Mrlemuel:

Not If The Robot Is Attacked By A Malware.

The very essence of the robot being susceptible to malware undermines the omni potency of its creator, unless ofcourse you have a different definition of omni potency.

Besides, the existentiality of a realm of 'malware' that chars the handiwork of a supreme being creates quite a number of difficult positions.

One, it could presuppose that this realm is such that the supreme being actually created, or allows.

Or, it could be that this supreme being isn't privy to sich realm.

Either ways, the possibility of any of the aforementioned postions necessarily defeats the idea of a deity that is both omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenovolent at the same time.

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by TomHagen: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2016
Scholar8200:
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Romans 11:22

We cant choose one and censor the other. Yes God is Love; He also is the Judge. It is interesting how folks think Love implies no correction, no chastisement for wrong doing, no justice (no except if we are the plaintiff) and no intense punishment when and where it is deserved!

God gave life, it belongs to Him hence He can take it when He deems fit.

NOBODY can change this, a million posts/threads on NL by theophobes notwithstanding!

So hell is for correction? Tell me something.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Brigance(m): 11:13am On Aug 03, 2016
damogul:

I guess that means u wouldn't create a self learning human by giving him free will. If u call free will malfunctioning then it shows u do not even know who u are.

If by self-learning, you mean imperfect, then no.

Heck, Yahweh did had perfect beings in mind.

And if you'd put words in Yaweh's mouth and say He planned on a self-effacing being who will continue on an unwinding voyage of malfunctioning, then he has no business getting angry each time they slip.

This defeats the idea of an eternal retribution, Hell fire as the case may be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) / Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.