Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,247 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:14 AM

Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently (33783 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Types Of People You Will Meet At The Experience 2017 In Lagos / Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by seangy4konji: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ok naw...
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by SIRKAY98(m): 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
Worldly guys
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Qudbell(m): 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
cosby02:

Thats to those who accept him as that.
majority of xtians; specifically redeemers take the man as deir demi-God self.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by akinalabi(m): 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
2 Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Daddy Adeboye's Words Recently

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God recently made some comments on marriage that didn't really go well with some people and here are two(2) major people who didn't find it funny

1. Girls/Ladies who cannot cook: Who would agree with me that almost all girls who cannot even boil egg didn't find daddy's message funny. Because of that, they abuse, accuse and misunderstood him. Believe me, no man loves to eat out when he can possibly use that money for his wife to prepare something that would last than spend it just on one plate of food that won't go anywhere at Mr Biggs

2. Jobless Men: Pastor adviced ladies not to marry a jobless man and almost all jobless men didn't go well with it. An angry man even called him a bastard because it didn't go well with him. Ladies be wise. Such guys can kill. Listen to daddy and take note. Marry a man with vision.even if he is yet to land a job, soon he would.
You can add yours if you know of any.

I don't belong to any of the two groups you listed but I do not the comments.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Omodady: 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
If some of us son adhered to did advice we won't be in dis mess we r now. Pls don't beg anyone again. A word is Enough for d WISE
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by ATERI(m): 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigeria needs a benevolent dictator to save this country. If one had been in place, your daddy Adeboye would be in jail today. Anyone that misleads the younger generation deserves that!
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by EfaLebo(m): 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
I think he was sentimental plus said all those things out of anger and frustration angryI think he was sentimental plus said all those things out of anger and frustration
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by drsugar: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ode ni bobo yi sha... #lol #kidding.
CXLVII:
Which one be "Daddy Adeboye" again?

Re all the members adopted?

Anyways, Pastor Adeboye only said his own personal opinion about marriage as the Holy Book did not list those criteria`s he mentioned. I think is more of a personal perception cos for me, I still will buy sex drive of a lady over food or prayers!
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by johnp2(m): 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
MsFaith:
sometimes, I wonder if there is any lady that cannot cook

A lot my dear from person experience
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by EfaLebo(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
I think he was sentimental plus said all those things out of anger and frustration angry
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Kiddominant(m): 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
Glad he didn't tell us to abstain from premarital sex, na that one i no go like, if i no do am now, when will i do it?
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by ojuu4u(m): 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Pls add a third : The Berean Christians: A category while I humbly yet proudly belong to.
Yes having heard his words, I went back to search the Scriptures, and lo! None of it was biblical. Not the #beardgang thang, or the marrying from redeem thang or the jobless or cooking or matchmaking thang. None is biblical.

So yes, I am not happy that a person who many describes as a "man of God" could say such. Just the way another popular minister threatened to open the gates of hell last year. We Thankgod for his mercies sha.

Oga go and read 1 timothy 5.8, any husband that cannot feed his family worst than infidel, what kind of advice you want from him? To tel u to go and beg to feed ur family abi , people like u ar d öne who used to put ladies in family ways and ambandon them and kids to suffer, its high time youth woke up to realities and cari responsibilities

6 Likes

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by okeyscrib(m): 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
So being 40 years in marriage means he knows all about marriage. As if marriage has a formula. All of you supporting this rant by your so-called Daddy are just gullible zombies that follow anything a pastor says. Different scenarios for different people. He just told you his own experience and what makes you think it will apply to everyone.

There are women that can pray for over 3 hours and cook very well but still make bad wives. Men with jobs still make terrible husbands than some jobless ones. Don't be quick to judge.

Tkayhandsome:
Adeboye is a counsellor and a father. A man who is married for over 40years. Yo can't know more than he knows

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by okeyscrib(m): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
Gbam. You just hit the nail on the freaking head.

EfaLebo:
I think he was sentimental plus said all those things out of anger and frustration angry
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
Davidairmarshal:
true!..but who has he helped secure job?

He will send you a private mail containing the list later in the day.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by okeyscrib(m): 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
Its all personal

sapiosexual1:
Pls add a third : The Berean Christians: A category while I humbly yet proudly belong to.
Yes having heard his words, I went back to search the Scriptures, and lo! None of it was biblical. Not the #beardgang thang, or the marrying from redeem thang or the jobless or cooking or matchmaking thang. None is biblical.

So yes, I am not happy that a person who many describes as a "man of God" could say such. Just the way another popular minister threatened to open the gates of hell last year. We Thankgod for his mercies sha.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by okeyscrib(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
E never do. Do you know how many people will take this way too serious just because their DADDY said so?

Cherishing:
hmm

dis matta never do

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by irunoko(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nigerians are very funny people.everyday the likes of davido, wizkid or olamide releases sexually lewd songs nobody raises eyebrows. The song doesn't raise dust but when pastor adeboye states things that Will benefit Christiandom everyone is shouting up and down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by fweshlee(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
desiigner:
And ladies who cannot pray for 1hr non-stop
Prayer Warior
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by madridsta007(m): 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
sapiosexual1:

The Bible did not discuss or mention masturbation. However, would you consider masturbation a sin?

I am sure you would. Because it is. You know it is. Hence if you find your child, male or female, masturbating you would probably spank that child.

We love to indulge in self-denial and take refuge in the, 'the Bible does not say this' argument. Those are just banalities. There are some things that are common sense. There are some things that one learns from experience. If a Man of God tells his sheep- and yes, we seem to forget that he said this to his RCCG members at an RCCG conference- why should he be berated by outsiders? I do not see the point, especially when he has not said anything that is illegal or unconstitutional.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
what of those who has been laid off, or lost their jobs because they refused to cooperate with a corrupt system?
those who had good grades, applied and never got one

they do not deserve a life and a chance?
how about those who had a job, got married and lost it, how should their wife address the issue?

this is what happens when people leave their core business to address issue outside their wheelhouse.
what is with wife and cooking?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
Passing
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by MasterofdRolls1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
cosby02:
Who are you to advice... Are you God? Cos he's jobless today does not mean he ill be jobless forever. ladies can also learn how to cook please.
You don't just understand what the man meant, think before you type, those who are interested are on the road to perfection which humility is the access.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by MasterofdRolls1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
cosby02:
Who are you to advice... Are you God? Cos he's jobless today does not mean he ill be jobless forever. ladies can also learn how to cook please.
You don't just understand what the man meant, think before you type, those who are interested are on the road to perfection which humility and perseverance is the access.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by NigerianScholar: 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Adeboye is a counsellor and a father. A man who is married for over 40years. Yo can't know more than he knows
Is he the only one that has been married for over 40 years
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by bluestone2015: 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
We have to be very careful. If a woman is very nice but cannot cook, it is better for her man to get her to learn than to leave her for another that can cook but has a bad character.
Cooking is a skill that can be perfected. Bad character is had to change.
Be wise.

Talking of praying for one hour, it's better to marry a woman that can pray for 15 minutes with faith and power than a woman that prays for 2 hours without faith.
Be wise.

And for a jobless man, I cannot say much. A man who is entirely jobless is not a man at all. If a man is busy but not making enough money, it's not too bad for him to get married. He must plan carefully. He should have one or a maximum of two children. He must cut his coat according to him pocket. We will hope that he will get a good wife that can accommodate his lowly life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by validstar1: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
I don't belong 2 any of the aforementioned group but his statement was purely based on Emotions and sentiments, it's not biblical at all.Anyways,it's his opinion
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by NigerianScholar: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
abike12:
I see nothing wrong with what Pastor Adeboye said

Guys with no job : Why is your d8ck hard with empty pocket? Convert that strength and effort into prayers and job application. Children need to eat, bills need to be paid. If as a woman you feel you are okay with paying all the bills and taking care of a man that will come and mount you every night after you have worked all day, then disregard this advice.

Women who can't cook: If not for your own sake or your husband, what will your children eat? Indomie is not food and a lot of outside food have unhealthy ingredients. Cooking healthy and yummy meals for your family will not make you less of a woman - or man. If as a man you feel you are okay with cooking then disregard this advice.

What's there to complain about?
Pastors with beards
Marrying someone who doesnt attend redeem
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by MasterofdRolls1(m): 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Pls add a third : The Berean Christians: A category which I humbly yet proudly belong to.

So yes, I am not happy that a person who many describe as a "man of God" could say such. Just the way another popular minister threatened to open the gates of hell last year. We Thankgod for his mercies sha.

For the joblessness see (Eph 4:28, Proverb 6:6,Titus 3v14, 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15), for the example of a woman to marry, see Proverb 31....
Never blackmail God or his servant, because you will get what you did not bargain for. No man is perfect, but by His word we draw the waters of life. And I am not a RCCG member.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Geofavor(m): 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
Vanillaskin:
The problem with today's society is that we have forgotten what the real meaning of marriage or matrimony is.

Matrimony is defined as "the sacrament by which a baptized man and a baptized woman bind themselves for life in a lawful marriage and receive the grace to discharge their duties."

God chose to make man and woman, and to give him the power, in partnership with himself, to produce new human life. By the act of intimate union which we call sexual intercourse, man and woman would fashion a physical image of themselves; and into this new body so wondrously begun God would infuse a spiritual and immortal soul.

No matter how well matched a man and woman may appear to be, it is not easy for any two people to live together day in and day out, year after year, with their inescapable faults and personality defects.

So at the end of the day whether the man has a job or not and the woman knows how to cook or not, it is not what will make them stay married. If you read through your Bible, it never gave any criteria for marriage like having a job or knowing how to cook. It only says husband love your wife and wife respect your husband, only then will they last in marriage
Can you marry a broke ass nigga?
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by jeff1607(m): 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
Inasmuch as I respect the man of God, he shouldn't say things that Wud only favour both him and his church

Since nobody should Marry outside RCCG,the church should stop receiving tithes or contributions from non members and also members dat are not full members (baptism)

We are in a situation where only money can be used to get anything even jobs. Learning how to cook is free and easy but not a job.

Is preaching the gospel now a job? If not all full time pastors or preachers should quit and get a job

Where yeshua grew up, keeping the beard was part of their culture, if yeshua was born in Nigeria, we would understand even ladies Wud still b tying wrapper.

Been married for 40years doesn't make one an expert in marital issues, if so den all parents of similar time are grand masters.

If the first missionaries in Nigeria made education so expensive and unaffordable for d masses it means our current pastors or parents wpnt even b educated at all.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by MasterofdRolls1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Pls add a third : The Berean Christians: A category which I humbly yet proudly belong to.

So yes, I am not happy that a person who many describe as a "man of God" could say such. Just the way another popular minister threatened to open the gates of hell last year. We Thankgod for his mercies sha.

And if you were a Berean Christian, your post won't be "inconclusive"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) / Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.