Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,260 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:05 AM

Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently (33784 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Types Of People You Will Meet At The Experience 2017 In Lagos / Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by stanbillion200(m): 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sometimes you just have to be quiet
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by 1Bishop(m): 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
Pls my dear brothers and sisters, try to listen to the tape/recording of this message personally before making comments. It is obvious that most, if not all, the contributors here were not in the conference where The Man of God addressed his pastors and ministers last weekend.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Cephydeen(m): 8:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
I concur
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by charlove(m): 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
it all depends on individual interpretations.. cos some jobs are not even enough to take care of the man's needs let alone the woman and kids.. so its really not.abt job but financial capability! and some.women that can cook well but cook wrong diets and end.up killing the man at.an.early.age... well...so long as no scriptural reference, no fuss about it. just an advice.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Tkayhandsome(m): 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
He is the only one bold enough to speak out. #ILoveAdeboye
NigerianScholar:

Is he the only one that has been married for over 40 years
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by brownjulie(f): 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
cosby02:
Who are you to advice... Are you God? Cos he's jobless today does not mean he ill be jobless forever. ladies can also learn how to cook pleases.
why would a man who has no job want to get married? What does he intend to feed his family with? And why would a lady who cant cook be looking forward to getting married? The way to a mans heart is his belle so ladies,instead of taking daddy G.O talk personal,go learn how to cook... and for the guys, note that before God gave Adam Eve,he gave him a job... go out and work...
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by erico2k2(m): 8:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
Iamabraham:

Rightly said...

but have you got to think of it this way..."that some things that scatter marriages can be well avoided if taken seriously"

Lots of people go into marriage with 100% love and respect but it wanes with time.

A lady who doesn't know how to cook 'may' be opening her door for the devil through another woman.

A man who has no job (or no means of providing for his home) is not man enough to have a family. Where there is no money, there is always 'agidi' from the man. Some things are better imagined than experienced.

A (Christian man) who can't provide for his house is worse than infidel... Apostle Paul.
plz provide teh passage and verse where apostle paul said waht you did in your last sentence.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Femiwilli: 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
[size=14pt]Adeboye is simply trying to deflect the attention from his silence of the killings of Christians[/size]

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by erico2k2(m): 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
brownjulie:
why would a man who has no job want to get married? What does he intend to feed his family with? And why would a lady who cant cook be looking forward to getting married? The way to a mans heart is his belle so ladies,instead of taking daddy G.O talk personal,go learn how to cook... and for the guys, note that before God gave Adam Eve,he gave him a job... go out and work...
if she cant cook cant she have someone to cook and pay?have you stop to think that some people might not be able to work? medical reasons,mental state?
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by bahdkay: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
kennygee:
The devil is attacking marriages now more than ever. If you check the statistics, 7 out of 10 women are the bread winners of their homes. Maybe due to the economy, women are working now or doing businesses to support their family.

Is this a bad thing? No its not. But I think the duties of a man is what makes him the Head of the family. How can a woman totally submit to a man whose bills she is paying? Isn't it better she bought herself a d!ldo or became a single parent?

If the woman isn't submitting, is the marriage being worth called one? If you check the reasons behind some marital issue, money is not far from it.

Men need to wake up to their duties and responsibilities because we have more women these days becoming men since men are neglecting their duties.

May God help us.

Feminist alert, many men are awake, it's just that many-a-ladies are using bottom power or the feminine property to pick available ones (jobs) even at a difficult time like this.

I am married, have a job and my wife too but if I did not, she'd still respect me as the man, and I respecting her as the woman. Any woman doing otherwise actually loves the situation and prefers it remains that way, the proud woman she is.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by r2beez(m): 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2016
Did you not read that 'a man that cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel'. It need not be spelt out like TEN COMMANDMENT. If you don't have a job, you have no business in marriage. That doesn't me you cannot court. All you need to do is get a source of livelihood not necessarily a tie and suit job.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
grin
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by okeyscrib(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Are you for real or you just dont have a brain?

madridsta007:

The Bible did not discuss or mention masturbation. However, would you consider masturbation a sin?

I am sure you would. Because it is. You know it is. Hence if you find your child, male or female, masturbating you would probably spank that child.

We love to indulge in self-denial and take refuge in the, 'the Bible does not say this' argument. Those are just banalities. There are some things that are common sense. There are some things that one learns from experience. If a Man of God tells his sheep- and yes, we seem to forget that he said this to his RCCG members at an RCCG conference- why should he be berated by outsiders? I do not see the point, especially when he has not said anything that is illegal or unconstitutional.

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by fabianiweka: 9:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
the church and pastor of today
what happened to vision,focus and perseverance
the pastor don't want the burden of women coming to him for support
it is not a must a woman should cook.get a mad or teach her to avoid you been miserably in life
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
2 Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Daddy Adeboye's Words Recently

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God recently made some comments on marriage that didn't really go well with some people and here are two(2) major people who didn't find it funny

1. Girls/Ladies who cannot cook: Who would agree with me that almost all girls who cannot even boil egg didn't find daddy's message funny. Because of that, they abuse, accuse and misunderstood him. Believe me, no man loves to eat out when he can possibly use that money for his wife to prepare something that would last than spend it just on one plate of food that won't go anywhere at Mr Biggs

2. Jobless Men: Pastor adviced ladies not to marry a jobless man and almost all jobless men didn't go well with it. An angry man even called him a bastard because it didn't go well with him. Ladies be wise. Such guys can kill. Listen to daddy and take note. Marry a man with vision.even if he is yet to land a job, soon he would.
You can add yours if you know of any.

smh.. this is your own interpretation of what he said.. well, from my own point of view he meant you shouldn't marry someone who's poor, no man can know tomorrow.. so editing the news to put him in a positive view only is what is killing Nigerians.. why don't you correct your pastor or daddy,?
is just like the University, while in school lecturers will like the 1st class and 2.1's and ignore those in Pass or F's, in the next 5-10 years, one of the F's is now playing for Arsenal fc, while the 1st class or 2.1's are still searching for Job... now that same pastor would be the first to collect offering from the condemned F student, you wanna know why, cause these guys are just for money and not for charity...

My friend, I believe in God, but I don't believe if u need Jesus you must pass through MOG's, then why did God give me mouths and hands and even a brain!!!
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Tkayhandsome(m): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
Are you jobless? OK sorry I didn't know
Ezechinwa:

smh.. this is your own interpretation of what he said.. well, from my own point of view he meant you shouldn't marry someone who's poor, no man can know tomorrow.. so editing the news to put him in a positive view only is what is killing Nigerians.. why don't you correct your pastor or daddy,?
is just like the University, while in school lecturers will like the 1st class and 2.1's and ignore those in Pass or F's, in the next 5-10 years, one of the F's is now playing for Arsenal fc, while the 1st class or 2.1's are still searching for Job... now that same pastor would be the first to collect offering from the condemned F student, you wanna know why, cause these guys are just for money and not for charity...

My friend, I believe in God, but I don't believe if u need my father I must pass through MOG's, then why did God gibe me mouths and hands and even a brain!!!
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Are you jobless? OK sorry I didn't know

LM@O... Now you know, go Bleep your pastor
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by NigerianScholar: 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
He is the only one bold enough to speak out. #ILoveAdeboye
Forget that one
You dont need to marry someone I your church for the marriage to be successful
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
brownjulie:

African mentality.. what if she can cook, she's rich but she's not well educated? no one is perfect, if I marry her I know is because her imperfections are perfect to me,.. it should be for love seek...
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by NigerianScholar: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
abike12:

Pastors with beards: If na beard dey worry you, look for another church to become a pastor in, or better yet, form your own church
hahahahahaha,you just said It yourself, the man is a bigot........man of God that was swearing that someone will die like Annanais and Sapphira

Marrying someone who doesnt attend redeem: He said that in context of, in case of wahala it will be easier to deal with a member of the church. If you are okay with carrying your wahala alone, disregard the advice.

I don't see a problem
dont sugar coat what he said. The man discouraged wedding a spouse from another church
Its bad that you dont see the problem..because this man is trying to make his followers accept his personal beliefs...there is nothing biblical about the whole epistle
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by abike12(f): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Its bad that you dont see the problem..because this man is trying to make his followers accept his personal beliefs...there is nothing biblical about the whole epistle

Don't ever in your miserable life quote me and ADD to or edit what I wrote. You don't have the common sense to add your comments outside of the quote and you want to marry? I pity the mumu wey go marry you. Idiot
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
When are we going to put an end to malaria?

No light. No water. No healthcare. No food. No national database. Youths idling away with Nairabets. No jobs.

Corruption everywhere. Government steals from the people. The people steal from themselves.

These problems should occupy a thinking nation. ...

But our people are fighting over an opinion given by a man of God.

Summary is, there's no single formula that can solve all of man's marital issues. Everyone should devise their own formula. Let not the words of your pastors be a law into thee.

While the world is moving ahead, we are still arguing over prayers and food.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by abike12(f): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:

And you are not trying to force your personal belief on me by editing what I wrote to make yourself look more foolish? You are a waste of the chair that you sit on in that university you are attending. No respect.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by frubben(m): 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
Vanillaskin:
The problem with today's society is that we have forgotten what the real meaning of marriage or matrimony is.

Matrimony is defined as "the sacrament by which a baptized man and a baptized woman bind themselves for life in a lawful marriage and receive the grace to discharge their duties."

God chose to make man and woman, and to give him the power, in partnership with himself, to produce new human life. By the act of intimate union which we call sexual intercourse, man and woman would fashion a physical image of themselves; and into this new body so wondrously begun God would infuse a spiritual and immortal soul.

No matter how well matched a man and woman may appear to be, it is not easy for any two people to live together day in and day out, year after year, with their inescapable faults and personality defects.

So at the end of the day whether the man has a job or not and the woman knows how to cook or not, it is not what will make them stay married. If you read through your Bible, it never gave any criteria for marriage like having a job or knowing how to cook. It only says husband love your wife and wife respect your husband, only then will they last in marriage

Chai!!!! Babe, ur boyfriend is lucky to have u, I love ur knowledge. U are the only one in this thread that has made sense. Indeed wisdom does not come with white hair
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by danigbo(m): 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
Any man who doesn't want to work should not eat. Period.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by tmosco(m): 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
People fall to understand is that he was talking to Christians not unbelievers. If you are not a Christian why are u feeling bar about what he said. The woman is the primary custodian of the child, if the children are hungry who do they go to. I can't remember telling my father I was hungry. As a man u should be able to to feed ur family. Why marry when u can't feed urself.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by madridsta007(m): 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
okeyscrib:
Are you for real or you just dont have a brain?

lol.

Of course you do not expect me to dignify your question— if one would glorify this inanity as one— with a reply.

I wouldn't.

Cheers, mate.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Funkybabee(f): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Vanillaskin:

You are quoting out of context.
My Bible says faith without good works is dead.
Haba...

where did I mentioned good works? just have a work instead of sleeping home and wander around and be expecting wife to cater for her children needs.
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by brownjulie(f): 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ezechinwa:

African mentality.. what if she can cook, she's rich but she's not well educated? no one is perfect, if I marry her I know is because her imperfections are perfect to me,.. it should be for love seek...
sorry oh for bothering you with my "African mentality" it was just an advice,you can go ahead and marry a lady who cant cook and not ready to learn,thats if ur not a married man.... mr Britain mentality...
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by brownjulie(f): 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
erico2k2:

if she cant cook cant she have someone to cook and pay?have you stop to think that some people might not be able to work? medical reasons,mental state?
you really need to hear yourself talk...... just like a guy I used to know... who loves ladies that smoke weed,but when asked if he can marry them said never....

1 Like

Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
brownjulie:
sorry oh for bothering you with my "African mentality" it was just an advice,you can go ahead and marry a lady who cant cook and not ready to learn,thats if ur not a married man.... mr Britain mentality...

keep looking for that perfect man.,. who is faultless and a perfect heaven's candidate...
Re: Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently by nortcentrallord(m): 11:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
God, Trust, Respect,money and food are very important in marriage. Miss one and watch the marriage crumble like a pack of cards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.