Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,145 members, 7,887,321 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:42 AM

"We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) (26184 Views)

Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by smogup: 5:27am On Aug 05, 2016
Sport is an haram for bubu

2 Likes

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:28am On Aug 05, 2016
While.its wrong for the government to abandon them.this way, I'll also say let them.try to b truthful at least. Which one is "we did not eat for three days"..... were they fasting or was it part of their training routine considering most of them dont even eat much while.trying to keep fit? Didnt they travel out of the country with any money to buy food on their own?

On a serious note, I dont get d funding they r talking about..... do they mean money for food, accommodation or do they mean money for practice, like when a company takes its workers for training and pays them during d duration of the training? #someone should kindly explain which one#

As for the Sports minister, z t that no money was released or what? Cos only the athletes seem to b complaining while the bodies responsible for them aint saying anything
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by Johnny1114(m): 5:43am On Aug 05, 2016
When billions is being stolen, Guys mke una pray God answers

1 Like

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by LastProphet: 5:47am On Aug 05, 2016
Professor101:
So bad. A country so disorganized like Nigeria.

we blacks are like that but we are the first to insult Anthony alluding to this fact
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by Shome36(m): 5:48am On Aug 05, 2016
Lol....na you sabi, FG says no money you ppl said you must go.....after all you ppl are not bringing anything good to the Nation so just continue fasting. LOL
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by ayuse(m): 5:58am On Aug 05, 2016
While we blame the government, we must beging the blame from the appropriate place and that is the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) team. The NOC president (Habu Gumel) and his team has done a very terrible job of ensuring things work out well.
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by xtophy(m): 6:00am On Aug 05, 2016
Dottore:
Since the government refused to fund them, then they had better stop distracting themselves, accept realities find their way home and forget about their sports dreams. The country is currently in terrible economic woes. Everybody had better tighten the hustle and forget about professional sport events that's the least of what the country needs now.
Na person wey chop dey do sports
dey make things look like a terrible economy whereby dere is none. this is a self inflicted suffering. dey government is doing dis intentionally buh i dnt knw y. maybe to discredit d last administration, i guess...buh i knw is dat abacha regime no worse like dis... kilode, d suffering is too much and no capital project of any kind. y do Nigeria deserve dis sef.

1 Like

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 6:02am On Aug 05, 2016
GenBuhari:
Minister of Youths and Sport !! angry
he is on leave hahaaha

1 Like

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by xtophy(m): 6:02am On Aug 05, 2016
ayuse:
While we blame the government, we must beging the blame from the appropriate place and that is the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) team. The NOC president (Habu Gumel) and his team has done a very terrible job of ensuring things work out well.
noc president should kill himself to get money frm d government abi... everything still goes down to d government. dey are not interested in dis Olympics at all

1 Like

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 05, 2016
When I said we should lock down on participating in any international competitions for now, some said that's not the way to go.

Even when our team was well fed they only went to mark attendance register in past Olympics.

Now that they are hungry and weak I'm wondering what kind of miracle they wanna perform against super-prepared athletes from US, UK, China and the rest.

Camping them for the next four years in the games village in Ogun state is definitely much cheaper than funding this already failed jamboree.

If it happens that any of them wins a medal, that would be a personal glory and not a national glory since they all but sponsored themselves on this trip.

1 Like

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by taurustm(m): 6:12am On Aug 05, 2016
Buhari could have ruled successfully in the 70s. He's really not capable to rule in this modern era. I hope things wouldn't get out of hand before he finishes is regime.

2 Likes

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by UKBobo(m): 6:18am On Aug 05, 2016
No vex. These athletes are learners. Dem need change sport to '100m Camel race' in Zaria...sharp/sharp - Bubu go award am 15 rams for Sallah or Xmas and 2 sacks of rice each.

1 Like

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by chincent: 6:35am On Aug 05, 2016
BUHARI ! BUHARI!! BUHARIIIIIIIII! How many times did I call you?

2 Likes

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 05, 2016
Gud for u guys.... u voted buhari... endure the CHANGE

2 Likes

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by omartins(m): 6:58am On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Meanwhile, the first lady of Nigeria who doesn't contribute anything to the country is somewhere in the USA eating Chicken wings and waffles.

I blame these guys for representing Nigeria in the Olympics

Don't blame them, if they didn't participated they will not be recognized in individual future event. Let's blame the government who believed they are on their own.

1 Like

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by fortunechy(m): 7:07am On Aug 05, 2016
wt do u xpect wen u ve bad leader

1 Like

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by uckennety(m): 7:09am On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Meanwhile, the first lady of Nigeria who doesn't contribute anything to the country is somewhere in the USA eating Chicken wings and waffles.

She is not in D U.S.A oooooooo!didnt see it in any news yesterday apart 4rm APC propagandist on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by Ninilowo(m): 7:36am On Aug 05, 2016
Too bad. Actually that's the 4 X 100m relay team to Word U20 Athletics Championship in Poland and NOT the Olympics team. I actually know the second person interviewed personally. His name is Wumi (Emmanuel) Arowolo, he graduated from FUTA and stays in IFO, Ogun state. He even missed his 100m event due to flight palaver Buh went all the way in 200m to the final or so.
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by sherrylo: 7:42am On Aug 05, 2016
THIS IS NOT BRASIL PLEEEAASSEEE
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by haibe(m): 7:43am On Aug 05, 2016
I think this is for the last IAAF, not olympics pls. I have seen this video a long time ago. Whichever way its really a bad thing
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by marylandcakes: 7:47am On Aug 05, 2016
Scammers are trying to use the Olympics to make money. Be careful. Like I have said before stories should be varified before to go on front page. @Op I think this false story should be taken down from the front page.
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by cynthia123(f): 7:53am On Aug 05, 2016
"Nobody has to believe in you for you to succeed. Succeed and they will believe"...STEPHEN KESHI
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by jasysandra(f): 7:53am On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

I blame them too abeg angry
What nonsense
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

I crate of origin for you, you just said it all
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by sabi99(m): 8:07am On Aug 05, 2016
Atleast these guy will bring honor to our nation yet they have been denied food for fvcking 3days while dollar is being issued out to pilgrims@197 so they can go their n enjoy themselves. What a fvcking misplaced priority.

2 Likes

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by reducto: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2016
God please divide this country make person rest, abeg naaaaaaaa!!!! Abeg na! Abeg. Wah Waah.... Bo hooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by 4wrd9ja: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2016
lielbree:
Na Nigerian u be na, what do you expect

A sports team is indicative of how a country is being managed.

Buhari na 0/100.
T

Buhari is a disaster, every thing he touches, he ruined.Nigerias needs serious prayers to survive his invasion

2 Likes

Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by willibounce1(m): 8:15am On Aug 05, 2016
U didn't eat for 3 days? Tell us another story.
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by lielbree: 8:22am On Aug 05, 2016
virginboy1:
"I AM FOR NOBODY,BUT BELONG TO EVERYBODY" is a monumental scam.

If a people representing the Country could be treated badly like this, what more of we the common citizens?

And to think aisha is parading around with a N40m bag!angry
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by oluboom(m): 8:26am On Aug 05, 2016
only one solution bros: Board the next available flight and come back
Re: "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) by joe120120(m): 8:35am On Aug 05, 2016
Ipisi:
Some athletes who are to represent Nigeria in track and field events at the Olympics have been begging for financial support. They launched GoFundme account to raise money from the public. Is this a shame to Nigeria and her government?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0SJzcbXsrA

http://get9jasports..com.ng/2016/08/watch-video-of-nigeria-athletes-begging.html

All are southern state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngoma Luamba Weds In Congo (PHOTOS) / Luis Suárez Told He Isn’t Part Of Ronald Koeman’s Barcelona Plans / Kaduna State Marathon: Watch As The Winner Crosses The Finished Line (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.