Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,163 members, 7,928,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 04:21 PM

Common Year End May Lead To Strain - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Common Year End May Lead To Strain (628 Views)

Jpmorgan May Eject Nigeria From Key Bond Index By Year-end / Poor Services May Lead To Airtel’s Suspension / Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common Year End May Lead To Strain by timbuktu1: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2009
Common year end may lead to currency strain

Available credit lines amongst banks and to customers may suffer a severe strain in the months ahead as all banks are trying to tidy up their books for the common year end directive by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

A top official in one of the banks, who preferred to be anonymous, explained to NEXT that even though the directive would cause a strain on credit availability, it was a welcome idea.

"Before, all the banks were saying that I am the best, this is my profit level; this is my profit after tax and all that. But now, the central bank is saying that OK, let me see your marks," the official said,

(1) (Reply)

Your Little Advice Would Help / How Can I Prevent Atm Thief? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.