Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,238 members, 7,887,675 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:14 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251867 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Taatu(m): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
sorry please, GEORGE D come to my aid at least to catch up with the level you guys are now. i know my ability to learn very fast at speedy rate. I use to play with 60mm & 90mm and i believe i can can cope with 1.8 mesh, pan and all i need is the people like you guys to guard me thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 11:01pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ Enitan
That is exactly the same thing i was arguing with some folks here but then there is nothing bad in avoiding rain. I dont believe it either but since it got to do with health i dont mind being a stupid man either. 80% of people here in ph re suffering from running nose due dusty atmosphere.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 6:39am On Mar 24, 2010
@George, thanks 4 d dose sat u posted
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Gangsta101(m): 9:09am On Mar 24, 2010
Freshp and Venus,

You guys have got to be kidding me, you mean you re-copied a long post by George, which is right next to the one you are posting, just to add a one line response? com'on guys, you are just unnecessarily increasing the lenght of the thread. next time it is better to just make a reference to the post instead of copying everything, the reason for the insert quote thingy is to highlight what you want to say, just in case someone else is having trouble finding it, but when what you are highlighting is right next to your post, it amounts to abuse of the tool.

George,

a few pages back you and someone else were discussing something on LNB skew, the guy said he knew the skew for dstv was supposed to be at 3 oclock position, but he saw a neighbours hitv skewed to 9 o clock and wanted clarification, and you blamed it on the installer doing it all wrong (or something like that). I just wanted to clarify that briefly, you see, when one is tweaking the lnb to achieve maximum signal strenght, lets say i want to track nilesat, and the skew for my location was at the 4 oclock position, that is the point at which i would have maximum signal strength at almost tps. now lets say i continue skewing, at 5 oclock the signal will drop and will probably disappear at 6 o clock position, and if i continue, it will reappear at 8 oclock and be at the same maximum strength at 10 o clock, a clock position directly opposite to the usual 4 o clock position. what i am trying to say is that for lnb skew those tiny metals intercept the beam at the right angle it the position listed as its skew angle, and also at the position directly opposite that (180 degrees), while it is at the least at 90 degrees to it. you can see this phenomenon best with very strong beams like dth beams like nss7, and intelsat 7/10, where when you continue skewing, the signal drops but does not necessarily disappear even when you are 90 degrees to the expected skew position. cheers bro.

pitodenz:

,  80% of people here in ph re suffering from running nose due dusty atmosphere.

Then while you guys are at it, why don't you also avoid breathing, just in case,  LOL  grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2010
@IRAPADA,
Your welcome.

@Gangsta,
Your point is well noted. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 11:45am On Mar 24, 2010
for 3days now am being try to get emm tv no way pls i need ur help.some one give me this frg 12682v26657 and 12722v26657 but i get dstv.i don't know if the number is correct pls i need ur help
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2010
for 3days now am being try to get emm tv no way pls i need your help.some one give me this frg 12682v26657 and 12722v26657 but i get dstv.i don't know if the number is correct pls i need your help
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
@sunnymavis
First of all, I will like to know if you have ever track any satellite before.
Secondly, what kind and size of dish do you use?
Bear in mind your location may be at the fringe of the Intelsat 10 beam, therefore, I will advice you use nothing less than 90cm.
Again, if you have ever tracked a satellite before, use the experience on how yo point your dish-either prime focus or offset dish.
Please try and post a picture of the dish and the surrounding environment. Here you have to remember that the elevation of this satellite is low, therefore the height of your dish above the ground is very important to be in line of sight with the satellite. I believe it could be obstruction on the line of sight. Remember your lnb Skew.
Try visit http://www.dishpointer.com/. Enter your zip/location, select the satellite and navigate to your house location. It will tell you if the satellite is visible from your end -green, or not-red.
I hope these help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by yemoxtra(m): 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2010
Scan ur astra 2b now or at 5:15pm @all. I guess infinity has 1 stable channel t.p for now, i nor get power i for post am but i can post sum now 12545 v or h but mine is v di sr try-209, try 354 or536 but not 100% sure,i can't jst complete it now bt its worken and because its 46% blind scan nor dey fit pick am, Expect di full t.p later & enjoy setanta afr & others. Infinity sports only na mpeg4.
Gud job@all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2010
'sunnymavis.
can you please post your position?
I mean Longitude and Latitude, as well as the name of the town where you are?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2010
@sunnymavis
I checked dishpointer.com, using Banjul Gambia as a reference.
the dish elevation for Intelsat 10, 68.5E is -3.9 degrees-RED. Azimuth 91.2 degrees, LNB skew -76.5 degrees standing behind the dish.
Meaning if you are in Banjul, your dish will have to face the ground -using prime focus dish, to get the satellite, which is not possible.
This could be the reason for your fruitless hunting.
You may just forget the satellite. An offset dish could still help.You post your town name, and let me see.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2010
I hv blindscanded but no way Y@yemoxtra
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ gangsta101

noted and thank you , just got carried away, back on track. lipsrsealed

@all

Is it my observation or that it is actually so:  i have come to the conclusion that Tps with FEC of 1/2 or 5/6 or7/8 tend to be difficult to nail and only those with 3/4 are easy to nail, i dont know and i'm not saying its based on scientific proofs but some constant editing and adding of Tps pushed me to this conclusion could i be wrong, need to know why.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ all,
rescan astrab2b wit 12543 h 20800 for infinity channels. Enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ all, infinity channels is on @ my end also. Try and scan it out
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2010
Taatu:

sorry please, GEORGE D come to my aid at least to catch up with the level you guys are now. i know my ability to learn very fast at speedy rate. I use to play with 60mm & 90mm and i believe i can can cope with 1.8 mesh, pan and all i need is the people like you guys to guard me thanks.

@Taatu,
You'r always welcome.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 5:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
@all
hello fellas, for those of you that has fastsatfinder 2.7.0 trial, if you don't mind i can send the crack to the backyard, please confirm your interest
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2010
freshp:

. . . Is it my observation or that it is actually so:  i have come to the conclusion that Tps with FEC of 1/2 or 5/6 or7/8 tend to be difficult to nail and only those with 3/4 are easy to nail . . ,

This is correct; for example the change of some Nilesat transponders to 5/6 last year made life difficult for some of us UK users of Nilesat. Remember that 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 are FEC which means 'forward error correction'; see e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_error_correction and perhaps a layman's way of putting it is to say that those higher values result in less error correction and greater difficulty resolving very weak out of footprint signals.

Edited
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
Enigma:

This is correct; for example the change of some Nilesat transponders to 5/6 last year made life difficult for some of us UK users of Nilesat. Remember that 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 are FEC which means 'forward error correction'; see e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_error_correction and perhaps a layman's way of putting it is to say that those higher values result in less error correction and greater difficulty resolving very weak out of footprint signals.

Good to know that i wasn't just rambling, thanks wink

sholasong:

@all
hello fellas, for those of you that has fastsatfinder 2.7.0 trial, if you don't mind i can send the crack to the backyard, please confirm your interest

Really interested, pls!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 5:42pm On Mar 24, 2010
sholasong:

@all
if you don't mind i can send the crack to the backyard[color=#990000][/color],

how do i get there embarassed
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ olason & Jossybless

I've not made any useful progress on password for the Skylife HD; Sky just doesn't use passwords like that here. However, while googling I came across an email address for Skylife Korea and for English speakers too. You could try them ----- either ask them very nicely or make up some story as to why you need a password e.g. power failure and reboot. The email is: english@skylife.co --- I haven't tried it myself so I hope you have luck with it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by akatonero(m): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ all. Pls i need da road to da backyard cos there're some tins i need to post here on fb.again i need dat satfinder crack version.I hail everyone in da house.kudos!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
good day,

hello house pls wot can i do to get emm TV am in Gambia west Africa
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 7:57pm On Mar 24, 2010
I hv blindscan up until nw no way i use 4669x @pofolo r u stil watchin it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 12:09am On Mar 25, 2010
@george and all,is it possible that weather condition we are experincing cld make tracking of nilesat difficut because me and so frd try to nail nilesat bt after 3 hr of tracki and no result i cal a frd who is an installer, he told it is because of d weather and dat i shd wait until d weather is clear
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 12:13am On Mar 25, 2010
@POFOLO & ALL. I have blindscan over and over for the new channels on sirius and astra 2b all to no avail. All TPs posted above have refused to turn green. I used HITV decoder in scanning. what could be wrong.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 12:15am On Mar 25, 2010
@george, is u ait sti woking and pls d tp
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by yemoxtra(m): 5:03am On Mar 25, 2010
Try using the t.p posted by pofolo use either h/v @hopitinto, guyz do you also know dat sum tym later NTA will be goin mpeg4 on astra, they hav their own t.p too but it is red 4 now, Funny) wat can dey offer apart 4rm 9pm network news
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:25am On Mar 25, 2010
New channel on Astra2b. 12727v2722. Dont know what its all about.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 7:47am On Mar 25, 2010
@ all,
my findings,
ASTRA2B,
8 channels r added wit tp 12543 h 20800. Infinity sport is mpeg4, while other 7 ,g1,loveworld,setanta africa ,africa movies etc r mpeg2. The % is stil low (48 %) on my 53x & dat may b d reason its difcult to get tru blindscan.
Advice ; imput d tp 1st & use manual scanin.
Also ltm turn green yestaday but was crackin.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:54am On Mar 25, 2010
I input all the freq posted but none turned green. I just blind scanned and got only one French speaking channel. I use 53x too and my gtv is 98%
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 8:07am On Mar 25, 2010
@ all,
on w3a
tv miramar av bin red 4 2 days now, tvm is back & beta wit 74% ( stable & not dropin or crackin ) wen go-africa turns green @ night.

On sirius4,
canal info (news) have bin added to globecast tp on chanel 06. & touba tv.

Note; loveword on pas 7/10 ku, wil move to infinity tv wit tp 11170 v 26657 on 68.5east

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.