Stats: 3,171,207 members, 7,880,763 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:26 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251491 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 3:41pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Gorge-D, Thanks and God bless you in abundance .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2010
@ikeduru,
Your welcome! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2010
oliss:

@ GeorgeD
guy, i don't want to disappoint you but i'm getting tired of this fta thing, i've been trying to get w3a and its just getting very difficult. i tried the 9'oclock thing which i think it's just the exact opposite side of 30clock(dstv position), no green for once, i dont know what went wrong. what else can i chk for cos i'm going frustrated, pls help.

@oliss,
FTA is for patient people. If your the type always looking for quick results, then you may not be able to withstand the rigours and disappointments real enthusiasts face on a constant basis.

Take BUTONEDAY (the official king of SAT) for example. He set out to nail nilesat in his abode and time and time again, he suffered disappointment. He went from 2.4m pan to 3.0m fibre, then to 4.5m pan and finally to 5m heavy duty foreign dish until he eventually made a breakthrough. Never once did he waver. Never once did he look back. Today, he has more than his wish. Nilesat, hotbird, eurobird, thor are all dancing on his TV screen as we speak. If he had abandoned his dream when he couldn't succeed on his 4.5m, if he had thrown up his arms in despair and ran back to PAYTV, I tell you he would by now be full of regrets for what could have been but never was. Today, rather than being king of SAT, he would have still being in the shadows sucking his thumb!

Why not pick the challenge and go furher? Why not call somebody with some experience and learn from him? You can only observe him once and after that you will no longer need him as you will be on your way to being a GURU!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fxproff(m): 12:21am On Mar 28, 2010
true talk Mr George, true talk
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by frankf1eld(m): 3:41am On Mar 28, 2010
I show maximum respect to all you that as made this thread worth reading.i started reading 3 days ago when my htv subscribtion was due and read most of season one and few of 2 and 3 with part of 4 to the end and i was impress that alot is for free.i really like to enjoy this FTA station but facing my dish to heaven might seem strange in my hood and stress full.i was wondering if there is more fta station in htv and dstv direction cause i was able to nail rst1,2stv,touba tv and sport tv which i watch portuger league.if there is any,please tell me the satellite and frequency.thank and keep the good work.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Okaakoko(m): 6:02am On Mar 28, 2010
weldone here, you people are realy doing a good job here. yes, for the past three days now i have been trying to track CRTV with a 60cm dish. but all my effort is to no avail, i have helped three of my friend to track that same crtv and i got green within some minute. but when it got to my turn it refuses to turn green just for once, i have been on it for three days now. on the third day (yesterday) i discovered that with that dish i was able to track nss 7 in a matter of seconds (its very easy facing west) when i tried mytv it refuses again (the same my tv that i can track with my eyes closed before). my problem now is that i want to track crtv with that dish, what can i do now since all sattelite on east refuses to show green with that dish (my plan now is to wash it may be something better will come out on monday) better still someone should advice me on what to do. thank you all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 7:10am On Mar 28, 2010
toxnaija:

HITV partners ART
PAY TV company, HiTV, in recent times has been breaking new grounds and the most recent of them is its partnership with the Arab Media Corporation.
The 30 million dollar deal that was concluded recently in Beruit, Lebanon, between Hi Media's Group Managing Director, Mr. Toyin Subair and the Middle Eastern company will include a stake in HiTV via its recently opened 100 million dollar private placement, a Set Top Box financing arrangement and a technical support agreement.
Subair, in a statement, said the deal would enable HiTV grow its subscriber base to over 600, 000 before the beginning of the new football season. The Pay TV company recently became the 100 per cent exclusive broadcaster of both the Barclays Premier League and the UEFA Champions League.
“HiTV will on the back of the deal begin transmitting in MPEG 4, thereby allowing it to increase its channels from 30 to 50 channels. This is part of our goal aimed at delivering world class entertainment to Nigerians at an affordable price,” he said.
The Arab Media Corporation which owns the Arab Radio and Television network (ART) has operations in the Middle East, Europe and North America. ART produces over 6,000 live and recorded shows every year including family oriented dramas, series, programmes, music videos and documentaries.
The company launched two satellite channels from Jordan in the second half of last year and also recently sold its sport channels to Al Jazeera.
please this is not a pay tv forum,its a free to air forum, so stop posting anything concerning those pay thieves on this site,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 7:18am On Mar 28, 2010
For anyone using c-band and lost his AIT signal ,this is the new AIT frequency and symbol rate 11.087 v 2.480 and 11.937 v 2.480
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:14am On Mar 28, 2010
@sunsat. What satellite is that and what dish size will mail it in Naija
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 10:59am On Mar 28, 2010
Sun-sat:

For anyone using c-band and lost his AIT signal ,this is the new AIT frequency and symbol rate 11.087 v 2.480 and 11.937 v 2.480
Are those frequencies not ku band frequencies ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by foxteroh: 11:20am On Mar 28, 2010
Ikeduru my brother. Dat freq is ku.may be daarsat is back
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by dannielove(m): 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2010
on wat bird is this frequencies? sunsat
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by dannielove(m): 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2010
Greeting to @ll worthy brothers of FTA, i've tried to nail infinity on astra 2b usinh this frequency 12543 H 20800 but all to no avail? pls can someboby help me out. Thanx

Oga George pls kindly help me out
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2010
@Sun-sat,
Those frequencies you posted are not for C band. Pls cross check your source.

@Okaakoko,
If you can get NSS7 in the west easily as you said, then it means your dish and lnb are good. Check your east whether anything is blocking your view and also check your lnb settings for Astra 2b on the decoder. It could be your using the wrong settings.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2010
Danielove. Use CRTV freq (12598v3249) 2 track, then input Infinity tv freq.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bodejohn(m): 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2010
Paps1:

@all who has the lastest firmware update for 4669x.

It has been said severally on this forum that you should not attempt to update your recievers.
But if you must run away from the march 2010 patch as much as possible.
I do warn you oooooooooo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2010
George_D:

@Sun-sat,

@Okaakoko,
If you can get NSS7 in the west easily as you said, then it means your dish and lnb are good. Check your east whether anything is blocking your view and also check your lnb settings for Astra 2b on the decoder. It could be your using the wrong settings.
@ all,the frequency i posted here about AIT is the new freq and symbol rate,you can use your 1.8mm or 2.4mm comstar dish to track.AIT remains at its location but with different freq.check it out at west and its immediately before CNN, try it my gurus and on badr as ive posted earlier on.you dont have to criticized it until you check
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2010
George_D:

@Sun-sat,

@Okaakoko,
@ all,the frequency i posted here about AIT is the new freq and symbol rate,you can use your 1.8mm or 2.4mm comstar dish to track.AIT remains at its location but with different freq.check it out at west and its immediately before CNN, try it my gurus and on badr as ive posted earlier on.you dont have to criticized it until you check
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2010
George_D:

@Sun-sat,

@Okaakoko,
@ George-d,pls check the FREQ out at west,the AIT location remains west but with this new frequency and its not even at lyngsat but i checked it out with a friends decoder,though mine is MPEG 4 but i will try 63 now to avoid this argument
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Emeritus153: 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2010
@all, i track sirius4 today after quiting for sometime for another satellite. To my surprise i saw additional channel of free 2 view like f2v sport, f2v education and so on. They are not encrypt
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2010
frankf1eld:

I show maximum respect to all you that as made this thread worth reading.i started reading 3 days ago when my htv subscribtion was due and read most of season one and few of 2 and 3 with part of 4 to the end and i was impress that alot is for free.i really like to enjoy this FTA station but facing my dish to heaven might seem strange in my hood and stress full.i was wondering if there is more fta station in htv and dstv direction cause i was able to nail rst1,2stv,touba tv and sport tv which i watch portuger league.if there is any,please tell me the satellite and frequency.thank and keep the good work.
@ frankf1eld,are you using MPEG4 decoder?do you receive cctv,nti and co?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sunnymavis: 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2010
pls i need Ur help with the new Infinity tv freq.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2010
Sunsat. We are not here 2 argue. We all know the freq range of c and ku bands. Those ones you posted are ku. What we want 2 know is the sat name. Some sats have both eg Intelsat 7,10, nss7. I think what brings about the confusion is because you said those using c band. Just say the name of the sat and location. We'll check it out
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2010
dannielove:

Greeting to @ll worthy brothers of FTA, i've tried to nail infinity on astra 2b usinh this frequency 12543 H 20800 but all to no avail? pls can someboby help me out. Thanx

Oga George pls kindly help me out

@dannielove,
Pls do as Ameboperoo has said. Best of luck.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by dannielove(m): 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2010
Ameboperoo:

Danielove. Use CRTV freq (12598v3249) 2 track, then input Infinity tv freq.
Just like u said my multi TV, GTV, CRTV & LTM are all showing, so i keep wondering why infinity frequency is not coming up @ all. am using a daarsat decoder
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2010
Danielove. The tp is red for now. Read the thread multitv on Astra2b.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2010
I think it's high time we move multi tv, crtv, infinity tv and any other related issus to Astra Thread
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by dannielove(m): 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2010
Thanx man i've copied that cheesy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:38pm On Mar 28, 2010
@ sun sat,

tox wasnt wrong to have posted d info on hitv on d thread. Ur words & action were too harsh.

@ all,
peeps,do u want oga tt to close dis thread again ?. Pls let all questions b directed to apropriate quarters.
Answers to all questns on astra2b ( infinity,multi tv & crtv) r readily waitin 4 u on astra2b thread.
Lets make use of the child board.
Plsss,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2010
Oga, I prefer you change the topic of this Thread "All About Multi Tv Free To Air On
Astra 2b" to focus on the entire astra bird.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 1:17am On Mar 29, 2010
pofolo,
thanks for the comment.i had decided not to give sun-sat or na sun-friday any honour of reply until you gave him what he deserves.he must be a wacky-head.i observed he is here to cause disaffection.he has begun to drag issues with highly-respectable members of this forum.do you realise how long we have been watching ART on fta in naija?what has pay-tv got to do with my post on hitv partnering art?i would implore the moderator to warn him to refrain from his hostility.he is an 'omo atoko wa ba leje'-'a child who comes from the village trying to harass city boys'.he will surely be whipped.
enitan,ekoonibaje,olofofo- i hand am over to you.he needs to be taught a lesson in etiquette.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 3:15am On Mar 29, 2010
Toxnaijaaaa! Haba. You are overreacting now. You dont need 2 insult him like that not on this forum. This forum hosts a lot of matured pple. We should desist from such pls. Abo oro lanso f'omo oluwabi. A word's enough 4 d wise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread