Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,431 members, 7,901,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:42 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (252707 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 1:20am On Apr 03, 2010
Sun-sat:

@ AMEBOPEROO, @DANNIELOVE, @IKEDURU, @GEORGE_D,@ all, CHECK MY POST ON PAGE 127 ABOUT NEW AIT FREQ,AND YOU KNOW I PROMISED YOU THAT I WILL USE MPEG 2 TO TRACK THE NEW AIT FREQUENCY,I DID THE TRACKING WITH 1.8 MM C-BAND DISH AND  2.4 MM C-BAND COMSTAR LAST NITE,THE ARGUMENT WAS THE SAT NAME AND FREQ WAS KU AND NOT C-BAND,BUT NOW YOU CAN USE ASTRA1EFGH2C AND INPUT THIS FREQ 11.087 SR 2.480 AND 11937 SR 2.480,MAKE SURE YOUR SIGNAL STRENGHT IS HIGH,ONCE YOUR CNN IS UP TO 55-60%,THEN AIT WILL POP OUT TO GREEN,OR YOU CAN TRACK MANUALLY WITH YOUR POSITIONER REMOTE CONTROL,IVE TRIED WITH 4653x,4663x and 4669 AND IT WENT SUCCESSFUL LAST NITE,EVEN GRTS HAS CHANGED THEIR FREQUENCY TOO BUT I WILL POST LATER     
i just tried ur freq and it wks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 03, 2010
Pls all d gurus in d house,thanks for all ur efforts in kiping dis thread goin.pls i v a problem,i jst put on my 53x and d display shows lnb,pls whts is d problem,it has happened b4 but resolved on its own.pls ur expidient response is welcumed
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 7:43am On Apr 03, 2010
Justtobor:

Pls all d gurus in d house,thanks for all your efforts in kiping dis thread goin.pls i v a problem,i jst put on my 53x and d display shows lnb,pls whts is d problem,it has happened b4 but resolved on its own.pls your expidient response is welcumed
check your cable connectors the positive wire is in contact wit the negative wire.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2010
@ Rextab,mine was green,but was unable to scan.
pofolo:

@ all,

mmh !!!, some peeps shud just stay in their area of 'callin' or shud i just say specialty which in dis case is outright clown-comedy, or wat will i call it ; w3a wit 65cm ,sirius tp 12604 h 29950 & hitin go-africa.
Kpschww !!!
@ pofolo,i think you are misunderstanding everything about what we posted here about W3a and the rest frequency.Enitan gave me a freq to try while i was trying to nail w3a yesterday,everything here worth giving a try,and every freq can shoot a bird down.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 03, 2010
@ Rextab,thanks ,i found d fault.yeah two wires were touchin.thanks again
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fxproff(m): 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2010
now live
Man U V Chelsea
MBC 2 (Sirius)
Enjoy it and chelsea good luck!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2010
@IRAPADA,

For Thaicam 2,5 use the global tp (3640h, 28066sr) 3ABN International to track.

And for Paksat 1 use nickelodeon tp (3968h, 11481sr) to track.

Try and get STRONG C band lnb and don't put the dielectric. Also ensure you position
the lnb at 2 o'clock before tracking. Good luck.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2010
Sun-sat:

@ gurus,i am still confuse about this nilesat installation,i wanna install nilesat with my 2.4 m dish,which Lnbf do i need to use because from reference and directive,everyone is been asked to start tracking from NSS 7KU with 10986 v 30000 before inputing nile freq, can someone direct me on the type of Lnbf i will use and its frequency.

@sunsat,

If your using pan dish digisat 0.2db lnb is your best bet. You can also use echosat 0.1db.

Tracking frequency, use dubai one tp (11785v, 27500sr) or mtv arabia (11977v, 27500sr).

Best of luck.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fxproff(m): 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2010
Now Live

Arsenal v Wolves

Cape town 1
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2010
All,
just wish to appreciate the whole house ,I did help a friend to set mbc in less than 20mins and today while watching my chelsea trash his man utd. in the comfort of his room, it was as if i gave him a million dollar, he was full of appreciation, I felt my being able to put a smile on somebody face is due to you wonderful guys George D, gangsta,jujukemist who helped me with my first dish and the entire house, thanks alot
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fxproff(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2010
live !

Burnley v man city

mbc 1
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 9:59am On Apr 04, 2010
@ALL. HAPPY EASTER. I have been busy on a project this past few weeks, should round up next week, hopefully. Missed you guys alot. Thanks for keeping it real.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 10:51am On Apr 04, 2010
@all . Cnt c multi tv on my 69x evn after sucesful scan and saved. D signal bar does nt evn shw, whn 63x givs me green and audio. Crtv, gtv, w2a i can c. Wht cld b wronh?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 11:42am On Apr 04, 2010
@spaceman
delete the frequency you say the signal is not showing and that lists the multi-tv channels which are not showing too, then manually enter 12551 V 19527 or blind scan the sat again, the channels should come and showing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2010
I thought it would have helped a lot, if your question was posted in Astra 2B multi-tv thread. Let's do well to utilize those threads - my piece,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2010
The only solution is for moderator to lock this thread again. How can some one that knows very well that they exits Astra thread still go ahead and post here
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2010
zenus:

The only solution is for moderator to lock this thread again. How can some one that knows very well that they exits Astra thread still go ahead and post here
You are right man,child board will never be regularly used without this thread being locked.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 2:43am On Apr 05, 2010
@george
if u wud recall,i complaind about my inability 2 get paksat &thaicom2,5 on my supermax c-band &ku 1.8m sometime ago. but recently you told a member not 2 use a dielectric if he want 2 nail thaicom. so my question is dat:
could d dielectric on my c-band be preventing paksat &thaicom signals frm popping out and
if i shud remove it,wat i my chances of continuing 2 recieve the intelsat9/10c,atlantic bird3,intelsat906/c,intelsat903,901,&905,nss7/c &nss5 all of which i had previously naild wit dielectric in d lnb throat?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 6:14am On Apr 05, 2010
You may try the three lnb setup. 1 ku and 2 c band - one with and the other without di-electric.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2010
@borderline,
Like amebo said, you certainly need a 3-in-1 knb set up. You cannot get paksat 1 and thaicom with the same lnb you use to receive Intelsat 906/c. 902/c, etc. Those satellites you mentioned are circular polarity satelites and you need dielectric to receive them while for Intelsat 7,10/c, thaicom 2,5 and paksat 1 you don't need a dielectric as they are linear polarity satellites. To save you the stress of constantly removing and replacing your dielectric, you need two c band lnbs. One with dielectric and the other without dielectric. Check the picture for emphasis:

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2010
all
maybe a little tip on how to use the childboard will go a long way in helping out any body can help out pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2010
@ all
Happy easter to everyone
@ George D
pls which will  you advice me to buy, supermax plate or strong supermax lnb or strong, for the lnb c band i find the strong less stressful as only one option of putting the depolariser but the supermass thing always give me concern as in how to go about it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2010
Hi ALL

I Just want to let all FTA hobbist know that tolerance is the key for nailing any Bird, i relocated to my new abode and i have been trying so hard to nail multi tv, but after sometime and with a little help from OLOFOFO i have to change the LNB which was working well before i started the tracking but low and behold when installd another LNB GREEN pop up!!!!! within second,

FTA RULES,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2010
@osef,
You don't need to be confused about where to slot in the dielectric when using supermax lnb. They put the two grooves there so you can have more choices as per lnb skew.

What you do: when you remove the cover, check the two short antennas inside the lnb throat and always aim for the groove that puts both of them on one side. Don't use the groove that cuts through both of them at right angles. That is the only way you can hit green when you position the lnb at 2 o'clock.

AGAIN, from experience I can tell you to always choose the SUPERMAX C-band lnb over STRONG C-band lnb anyday. Unless for reason of cost or availability or other reasons like signal fluctuation, nothing should make you choose strong over supermax when it comes to c-band tracking.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 8:22am On Apr 06, 2010
@Sathob
Thanks for your advice. Just deleting the Tp and re-entering it did the magic-the same tp
Anyway, its not as if I was not aware of the Astra thread. I made the post from my phone, and that was the shortest link I got from my mailbox to save time.
Most importantly, I got result. Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jossybless(m): 10:30am On Apr 06, 2010
@Spaceman, what is your plan for this week end I have secure a good deal for us an installation of of a 3m dish for nilesat and some other stations in my locality pls kindly give a call on I am anxious waiting for your call ok Thanks
@All
is there ny satelite stations to pick Nolly wood naija movies
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2010
jossybless:

@Spaceman, what is your plan for this week end I have secure a good deal for us an installation of of a 3m dish for nilesat and some other stations in my locality pls kindly give a call on I am anxious waiting for your call ok Thanks
@All
is there ny satelite stations to pick Nolly wood naija movies

I use to hi nolly and Nijaze on W3A

for now hope it's only cina afick in Astra
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 2:27pm On Apr 06, 2010
@ George D
thanks for your response how are you today?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:49am On Apr 07, 2010
@osef,
Your welcome. Have you gotten the supermax lnb yet?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by seunoluomo(m): 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2010
@jaron
pls i need to know the remining satellite with 90cm

[url=http://[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]jayron (m)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4)
« #2849 on: February 05, 2010, 11:07 AM »
@seunoluomo

With your 90cm dish you can track intelsat 7/10c, Astra 2b, Sirus 4, NSS 7 Ku band,W6,W3 and many more.
[/font][/font]][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]jayron (m)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4)
« #2849 on: February 05, 2010, 11:07 AM »
@seunoluomo

With your 90cm dish you can track intelsat 7/10c, Astra 2b, Sirus 4, NSS 7 Ku band,W6,W3 and many more.
[/font][/font][/url]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2010
Seunoluomo you mean pas7ku not C band. Which other ku band can one track with 90cm in Naija?

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.