Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:38 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251485 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 12:25am On Jan 12, 2010
@King George_D!
Please, I’ve got FreeGate, GPass, GTunnel softwares which I presume can land me in the Internet freeworld. But, after installing and trying to use with my PC, I get stuck for I can’t get any connection. Is it because I am using directly with my PC? Do they have to function if one use them with a mobile phone and connect the phone to the PC to serve as a modem or is there a special proxy setting that must be respected before these softs can work. Another thing is that when I tried it out without my isp provider on it signaled no connection but with my isp on, I still could not get connected. What I would like to know in addition is how can internet connection be free if I’ll still be paying for the time used to connect through my service provider? I hope I am not breeching any forum law by this post. Oga moderator, abeg no block me o.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 1:38am On Jan 12, 2010
@expert in the house
I have tampered with my starsat receiver. I first noticed that the abra card had been disabled, on my effort to have it enabled, i have tampered with its boot loader. Now, i cant load any upgrade on it anymore. The only thing appearing on it is the 'ON' light. If there is anything anyone can do about it, let me know so I can send it to you for revival. Or perhaps, I should forget about reviving it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by usher8701: 4:11am On Jan 12, 2010
Dejsam:

@usher8701,

just give me your e mail addy.and u can as well check the g-groups.

@ Dejsam, thanks for getting back at me. here is my email,
wealthclimber2050@yahoo.com
I will be waiting to read from you. thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by NashFTA(m): 6:37am On Jan 12, 2010
@All,
If you have a dish facing the new Eutelsat W7 at 36.0°E, you may now watch 8 ‘prime’ FTA channels at 11880 V 27490 plus 47 radio channels; plus 1 extra FTA channel at 12033 V 27490. All other TPs are Irdeto scrambled. I wont mention the names of the channels here for ‘classified reasons’. Always keep a good blind-scan receiver near you!! Enjoy while the party lasts. Cheers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 8:06am On Jan 12, 2010
nice work pito
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:46am On Jan 12, 2010
@twintaiye

call me for pointer or let's chat when you are online for solutions.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bodejohn(m): 8:52am On Jan 12, 2010
Dstv leaving Pas7/10 for W7?
This is what i found on their website:

Johannesburg - Fixed satellite service provider Intelsat said on Friday that local direct-to- home (DTH) television operator, MultiChoice, had signed a long-term, multi-transponder agreement for satellite capacity.

The agreement extends and expands MultiChoice's existing contract on the Intelsat 7 satellite to the follow-on satellite, Intelsat 20 (IS-20), which is expected to launch in early 2012.

The contract, which spans the 15-year expected life of IS-20, also provides restoration capacity, meaning a more robust network platform, according to Intelsat.

Futher reading: http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=3970
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 9:02am On Jan 12, 2010
oilepo:

@Olofofo,on previous post you talk of telecom decorder from Dubai goes for 12k,what is the current exchange rate of your currency to US dollars? Please held so that i can know how much i will cough in kenyan currency.Thanx my brother ooooh! [color=#990000][/color]

it's about 154.5 naira to buy 1 usd
miju:

@olofofo, thanks for the reply. i know i sounded gullible but i need a free to air channel that will give a non-stop 24/7 movie broadcast and cartoon as well for my children.

how much can i get a motorized large dish.

i appreciate your help.

what you need is nilesat, do you have space for 2.4 or 3m dish?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by JMS(m): 9:38am On Jan 12, 2010
Hi all, good news for Eutelsat W7 with some FTA chanels, let's keep our fingers crossed for new things, here, people are more interested in the West intead of the Est coat because of those french speaking chanels that is ruling that side; Canalsat is making our FTA chanels disapear one by one on NSS7 Ku, Direct 8 went off, one thing i noticed during my installation on week-ends is that Nss7 is becoming more and more weak in Central part of Africa, mainly Brazza, it's difficult to hit 50% quality with 11051v despite the dish size; two times even with 20m cable or less, i used the line amplifier and voilà the signal jumped to 60%(+5-10%) and with Canasat decoder, it reached the point 5. FTA yes we can!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:47am On Jan 12, 2010
@JMS,
Happy New Year to you! I can see your keeping the FTA flag flying in Brazzavaile! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:51am On Jan 12, 2010
@lovala,
What your asking is slightly off-topic. Provide your email addy and I will get back to you. Cheers!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 11:30am On Jan 12, 2010
@ all. Happy (belated) new year! Been away for quite a long time now.Work! It is good to see loads of info on this forum.My greetings to the moderator,olofofo,adewest,enitan,butoneday,badaru,etc.I am proud of you guys.George D ,pls keep up with the good work.You are my man.
On a sad note,I lost my father on 4th January.Buben is my younger brother.Its well.
I wish you guys all the best.THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by miju(m): 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
@olofofo , i have space for a 4meter dish. tell me how to go about it, the right decoder to use and how much i can get a 3meter dish that is motorized.
thanks for the kindness
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by miju(m): 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2010
@pfololo thanks for regarding me as a newbee. i've been on board for a while, i was just offline and i missed that season. no offence taken sha. i'll seek help elsewhere.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by miju(m): 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
@olofofo , most of yhe channels on nilesat are in arabic language. do you know of another interesting frequency.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ALL, Nash-fta. I still have my HITV 60cm on eutelsat w4 (36*). Hope i can pick this w7 with it. i am not at home will try it later in the day. my second 1m dish has finally arrive, nss 7 here i come.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ miju,
dnt take offence my broda, u dnt av 2 seek help elsewere. Just read d posts frm mid december to date, u'l get ur answers.

@ nash-fta,
@all,
my 4653x no get w7. All i did was using blank sat name, i input 11880v27490,then blindscan.
Only saw 2 fta, c***f & a*k,others have $-sign. Also noticed some w3a channels, tho encrypted.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
@george D, well I envy you, thanks for the kind of space you have in your compound that can take 3.0m dish as for me, i cant even dream it my landlord will definitely increase my rent lol.

meanwhile can u send that freegate setup to my email address please? (email2kenny@gmail.com)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by NashFTA(m): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
@Pofolo,
I hope your dish is facing the correct satellite. From the way you have described it, seems you are tuned to W3A. If in your dish is facing W4 (36 east) and in your receiver you already have that satellite, that’s what you should use. Just no need to input another satellite name. Also, depending on the skew of your LNB, try V or H, whichever works for you. I hope you succeed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
@miju
where are you? if you are in lagos give me a call 08033401080, regarding motorizing, no dish comes pre-tomorized, you need to do it yourself.

the nilesat channels are mostly in arabic because it is mainly fot the middle east.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 2:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
@all, there is a decoder that my office brought from the US that weve been trying to crack to get signa no luck yet as soon as anything pop up i will notify the house, it look to me like a FTA decoder.

for the main time has the price of Srt 4900 or 4669x come down? who know the current rate

thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fopros: 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
George,
Happy new year to all. Please could U help me with the freegate software. Here is my email: fopros@yahoo.fr
stay all blessed
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ nash-fta,
my dish is @ 36 east.

y i did dat was to b sure of d new tp's dat will b added afta blindscanin.
Afta blindscanin, i got hitv & dstv channels, and 2 fta channels i.e c**v f (showin) & a**s(green but no video) alone.
Tpa1 & 2, tvm, zimbo etc were there but irdeto encrypted.
Kindly pls check other fta chanels u r getin & pls post their tp.

@ george_d,
stil waitin 4 freegate settings.
deleyekhadaf@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2010
twinstaiye:

@expert in the house
I have tampered with my starsat receiver. I first noticed that the abra card had been disabled, on my effort to have it enabled, i have tampered with its boot loader. Now, i cant load any upgrade on it anymore. The only thing appearing on it is the 'ON' light. If there is anything anyone can do about it, let me know so I can send it to you for revival. Or perhaps, I should forget about reviving it.
@ twinstaiye,

u can check ur mail box for the necessary materials for the repair.its just like the normal upgrade process but it has the repair loader attached in the repair file i sent to ur box .

regards.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by babaegun(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
@All

Thanks for the goodwill messages on the birth of my daughter.  I appreciate all the comments. I've actually been busy changing pampers and helping my wife tend to our kids.  i've not been able to follow the thread much but i will be back soon.

Anybody who has the time can visit my house on Sunday for the 'chopping' of rice.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
@baba_egun we need the address please grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
@baba egun

send plane ticket oooooo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
oh no be niger self, abeg we need a charter flight!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ alhaji-butoneday,
dont forget to call me tomorrow once you are at the terminal, looking forward to meeting you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
@pofolo,
@twinskenny,

You guys should check your mailbox.

@fopros,
Freegate v6.8 is freely available on the internet. Just google it and download. CHEERS!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ George D.

Thanks for the info
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2010
blexxonmak:

@ all. Happy (belated) new year! Been away for quite a long time now.Work! It is good to see loads of info on this forum.My greetings to the moderator,olofofo,adewest,enitan,butoneday,badaru,etc.I am proud of you guys.George D ,pls keep up with the good work.You are my man.
On a sad note,I lost my father on 4th January.Buben is my younger brother.Its well.
I wish you guys all the best.THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

@blexxonmak,
Happy new year to you. Accept my condolences on the loss of your father. What a way to start a new year. So many members losing loved ones on this forum, what is really happening? This is getting too much oooo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread