Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,165 members, 7,887,394 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:10 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (273517 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by okolie1(m): 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
@Pidzo
@all guru in d house

You guys re not helpin us atall we ask question, nobody ll reply, you guys should plz help us, thx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by satmaniac(m): 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2012
okolie1: @PIDZO
Plz am beggin u to help me out, its there a way i can use my strng STR4663X to track anyoda netwok apart frm mytv, plz i ll need ur numba nd email if posible, plz
@okolie using your strong decoder to track other satellite network,is possible.to do that there are some steps you need to follow.
1Determine the network u want to hook up to.
2.Get the network transponder i.e the satellite and the tracking frequency.
3.Go to menu on ur strong decoder.
4.Go to installation press ok on your remote control,the write up'enter pin'will be displayed,enter zero four times i.e 0000.
5.Go to manual scan,select the right satellite and enter your tracking tp i.e frequency and symbol rate.
6.Your dish must be properly connected and mounted in the right position i.e if the network you want is at east your dish must face east also.
NOTE: Not all the time the gurus are online,so dont take the lack of response to your post as if ppl here dont want to help you.
I will like to add that whatever it is you are looking for might have already been discussed in other threads, so next time you are looking for help, take your time,search through the threads and discover the wonder in satrakand of nairaland,trust us it has help a lot of ppl even the gurus,yes even the gurus!

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by okolie1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2012
@PIDZO

Thanks for the advice, but i ll like to have your numba, dont worry i ll call you, cos i ll love to ask you oda question plz. Mine is 07031660243
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Pidzo(m): 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2012
satmaniac:
@okolie using your strong decoder to track other satellite network,is possible.to do that there are some steps you need to follow.
1Determine the network u want to hook up to.
2.Get the network transponder i.e the satellite and the tracking frequency.
3.Go to menu on ur strong decoder.
4.Go to installation press ok on your remote control,the write up'enter pin'will be displayed,enter zero four times i.e 0000.
5.Go to manual scan,select the right satellite and enter your tracking tp i.e frequency and symbol rate.
6.Your dish must be properly connected and mounted in the right position i.e if the network you want is at east your dish must face east also.
NOTE: Not all the time the gurus are online,so dont take the lack of response to your post as if ppl here dont want to help you.
I will like to add that whatever it is you are looking for might have already been discussed in other threads, so next time you are looking for help, take your time,search through the threads and discover the wonder in satrakand of nairaland,trust us it has help a lot of ppl even the gurus,yes even the gurus!

Thanks for coming to the rescue bro. You know, members here were about to skin us alive. They are not happy because Gurus are not responding to the questions. cool cool
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Pidzo(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2012
okolie1: @PIDZO

Thanks for the advice, but i ll like to have your numba, dont worry i ll call you, cos i ll love to ask you oda question plz. Mine is 07031660243

Contact me, I will be waiting. hamazduk@trashmail.net grin grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by okolie1(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2012
@pIDZO thanks bro, i ll do dat right away
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kanyesteve1(m): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2012
Gud day gurus. Pls did any1 know about a decoder called avatar? If yes, wia can I get one and 4 how much
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by khattab008: 8:06am On Jun 24, 2012
I beg gurus my decoder is showing LNBF plus it's not showing again wat should i do
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 8:53am On Jun 24, 2012
khattab008: I beg gurus my decoder is showing LNBF plus it's not showing again wat should i do
it could be a bridge in the connection of your cables(negative touching positive)
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 8:56am On Jun 24, 2012
Kanyesteve1: Gud day gurus. Pls did any1 know about a decoder called avatar? If yes, wia can I get one and 4 how much
sorry friend, this is f.t.a forum, we dnt discuss stuff like that. Google is your friend use it!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by khattab008: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2012
@Brite02 ok thanks i check d cables
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by gimba24: 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
gud evening guru i need ur urgent advice,am using srt 9xii and wnt 2 sale it out 2 go 4 srt 4940 hd pls which 1 is beta nd what is specia about 4940HD TNX.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 9:01am On Jun 25, 2012
gimba 24 better purchase SRT 4930HD it is better
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 9:24am On Jun 25, 2012
Hi, for newbies
when you read azimuth or
rotate left/right or
turn your dish left/right
this is what you are being instructed to do.

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 9:30am On Jun 25, 2012
When you read
change the elevation up/down or
lift the dish up or
bring it down
most dishes have figures/numbers where the nuts/screws are that enables you to adjust

It means you should

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 9:34am On Jun 25, 2012
Last but not least,
When you read
change polarization
It's normally in degrees
but over here we commonly use 1 O'clock, 3 O'clock, 6 O'clock, 9 O'clock, etc
you are required to do turn the LNB, use the point were the wire gets in as your indicator.
hope these help

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by gimba24: 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2012
tnx microgiant.i wil do as u say.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by osagiemma: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2012
Gurus in da huz my dstv decoder (DSD 990) is showing bel on the screen i switched off nd on the same tin pls wat do i do thx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Pidzo(m): 9:11am On Jun 26, 2012
osagiemma: Gurus in da huz my dstv decoder (DSD 990) is showing bel on the screen i switched off nd on the same tin pls wat do i do thx
Have you tried force upgrading it?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by osagiemma: 6:47am On Jun 28, 2012
@pidzo pls how do i force upgrade it
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Pidzo(m): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2012
osagiemma: @pidzo pls how do i force upgrade it

Here is the procedure as I can remember it;
1- Switch ON the decoder (make sure it is connected to Dstv satellite)
2- Reset the decoder by pressing MENU & DOWN ARROW buttons simultaneously
3- Decoder will flash dL
4- While dL is flashing press STANDBY button
5- Then press UP ARROW
6- Then press DOWN ARROW
7- Then press STANDBY button again
8- The decoder will show dL and start the download process.
NOTE: These are decoder buttons and NOT Remote Control buttons.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by osagiemma: 8:08am On Jun 28, 2012
@pidzo thx let me give it a try
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by verwegsateliet(m): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
eutelsat w3a problem
sometimes the rod signal (is it the same as mbc1 and 2 as it is on vertical 1189 and the mozamb everything on my decoder is vertical)disapear is that a normal problem and will this be fixed?
i have a pf infosat lnb ku and cu is this a problem and would any other pfcous lnb be better as mixed results on the infosat lnb on ku perforemance
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Toneyo(m): 12:56am On Jul 01, 2012
I am an infant newbee here. I know nothing about tele communication. I want to buy a strong decoder(4663x), and dish (90cm) and every other things that are necessary. At least if i can get FTA good stations like movies, sports, news and discoveries not boring stations. I want to know how much it will cost me for the decoder and dish.
Pls Gurus, I need ur help.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 6:44am On Jul 01, 2012
@Toneyo
you will be better off with a 69Xii or 69z. Do not go for a 63x thats rather old a device by now.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Toneyo(m): 7:22am On Jul 01, 2012
@Freshp. Whats the prices for 69x 69z. And their differences.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by verwegsateliet(m): 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2012
i have a laptop and dreambox cant remember my nulmoderm configaration
i use an usb to serial conbverter used before with dreamup no not working
maybe some pins disconected anyone help me iwth a pic or diagram and instructions as a normal nul modem cable will not work with an usb conection i believe.
who can help with the eutelsat w3a problemn loose mbc1 2 and mozamb in evenings is it normal also is rodr 1 and 2 the same as mbc just new name thx.
will it fix problem if i use normal ku band pf lnb and not infosat c/ku lnb thx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2012
Toneyo: @Freshp. Whats the prices for 69x 69z. And their differences.
since you are in lagos(got that from your profile. . . grin ) the i think the price range of 69x,xii,and z will be in the range of 12,500 to 15,00 naira, the ones i have mentioned are all Mpeg-4 compliant while the 63x is mpeg-2. hope that helps.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Toneyo(m): 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
@Freshp. Yes. It helps. I live close to Alaba Int'l market, Ojo. I will go for it. One for thing. What FTA channels can i get on one of the decoders with 90cm dish?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jakigaga(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2012
guys just moved to portharcourt ,what size of dish do i need for nilesat,am coming from kano and i use the 90cm dstv dish.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
jakigaga: guys just moved to portharcourt ,what size of dish do i need for nilesat,am coming from kano and i use the 90cm dstv dish.
for nilesat u need @least 3m dish upwards
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by BUGS12: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
@all, get the best satellite informations in africa, for africans in my websyt, it is loaded with gurus from all parts of africa in satellite technology. The name of my websyt is in my signatur, hurri!

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.