Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,846 members, 7,872,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (273079 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Pidzo(m): 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
habib55: . Pls wot are d major factor dat makes one decide to upgrade a decoder or not.tnx in advance
There are many reasons why one would need to upgrade his/her decoder. Others upgrade because their receiver is misbehaving ie not functioning well. Others upgrade because they want to enjoy new features in the new software release that were not incorporated in the previous release. Others upgrade just for the fun of it. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
@pidzo weldone nice work from u, may GOD reward u.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by adelukman(m): 6:43am On Oct 06, 2012
adelukman: afternoon everyone, it has been months since my absence i av been facing some challenges now am ready to get back here to start afresh.i have a really technical problem i have a dream 500-s multimedia a multifrequency decoder and i have both dstv and nss7 frequency on it. i came home and i discovered that the dstv stations are not displaying visuals but the other is showing.am really confused i need help ASAp.thanks gurus.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by tupez(m): 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
where can i watch arradian channel.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
tupez: where can i watch arradian channel.
[b]track 21e[/b]
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
Pidzo:
Check for Astra 4A (close to W3a) in your dish setting. Usually this satellite doesnt appear as Sirius 4 in receivers. If there is no Astra 4A use any KU band satellite, input the details manually and it will work. wink wink

It means changing the software version in your receiver. Different software versions have different features and depending on your needs you may need to change.
thank you pidzo.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Oladat(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
Pls gurus,can someone pls take me through the tutorial on how to upgrade my 4663x decoder with another of the same model.I have got the cable to use but i don't know the procedure.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
The procedure is simple but 1st, why do u want 2 upgrade it? If u dont have a good reason then I will advice u not to. Connect ur cable and turn on the master(the one u want 2 copy from). Go to menu, then settings?, then data transfer, firmware master(I cant remember the exact name). It will prompt you 2 connect and turn on the slave decoder. The firmware will be transfered as the %age will b displaced on the front panel.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Oladat(m): 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
thanks@ameboperoo.Pls can i track badr 6 wit 1.8m dish?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
I wouldn't say no but even if you do, you may not get all the tps. Depending on ur location, lnb and ur tracking skills. But u're better off with 2.4m and above pan or fibre.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Gunp: 7:52am On Oct 11, 2012
Hi guyz i'm new here can u plz help me i stayed in malawi can u plz hlp me wth frequances and symbol rate of LCTV,MADAGASCARTV & MBC
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by akinsola118: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2012
Pls my people ,can i b able to track any of d C band satilites on my 1meter dish wit mpeg2 decoder? Tnx.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Xpset: 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
Xpset: honestly am having problem tracking w3c even after following the tracking fq giving here. even this morning i try to no success after tracking multi tv.

please is this fq currect 11024h03333 and 11800h30000 lnb at 4olock dish size 80cm dstv type
pls help us na
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by astanco(m): 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
[quote author=Xpset][/quote] the picture of w3c is at that place u asked abt it
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by twinskenny(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
dont upgrade for upgrading sake or else you are going to regret it..
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Oladat(m): 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2012
Pls gurus,this channels have audio but no video signal on my decoder:wassaman,hola,tenere,net2 and hossana tv,all on amos 5.I am using 4663x decoder.Pls what could be the problem
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ibaku(m): 3:16am On Oct 16, 2012
Oladat: Pls gurus,this channels have audio but no video signal on my decoder:wassaman,hola,tenere,net2 and hossana tv,all on amos 5.I am using 4663x decoder.Pls what could be the problem
Oladat, those channels u listed I believe are being broadcasted in mpeg4 format and your 4663 happens to be an mpeg 2 reciever, so get an mpeg 4 or hd reciever n u will be good to go. I hope u understand these.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2012
Ibaku: Oladat, those channels u listed I believe are being broadcasted in mpeg4 format and your 4663 happens to be an mpeg 2 reciever, so get an mpeg 4 or hd reciever n u will be good to go. I hope u understand these.
pls wot are the frequency and elevation for amos5
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 16, 2012
gudmrning nairalander,pls i
really details info abt certain
birds.with the help i got here
i've been able to track
Astra2b,W6,sirius4,mytv and
W3a@7e.nw i wnt to move to other bird with ma 90cm
dish.pls help me with d name
and tp of oda Fta sat i can
recieve wit my 90cm dish,tnx
in advance
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Oladat(m): 9:38am On Oct 16, 2012
habib55: pls wot are the frequency and elevation for amos5
Amos5 is very easy to track,use 11805 v 27500,the elevation is around 72.4 degree
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ibaku(m): 9:38am On Oct 16, 2012
[quote author=habib55] pls wot are the frequency and elevation for amos5[/quote@ habib, there u go, 17 degrees east, freq. 11800 v 27500, 12216 v 27500, 11884 v 27500, 12335 v 27500.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 16, 2012
[quote author=Ibaku][/quote].tnx i really apriciate
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 16, 2012
habib55: .tnx i really apriciate
pls wot abt my previous post abt da lst of bird nd tp i can get wit my 90cm dish
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ibaku(m): 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2012
@habib55, why not start by going through †ђε̲ thread called nairaland fta reference library, u might find some great work done by sammu. remember to say Τ⌣h⌣ã⌣ñ⌣k⌣s.. to him though if u find it useful.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by scampy(m): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2012
Thanks guys for d great work ya'll doin on here... Am a newbie, i jst bought dis nu strong 4940 i wnt 2use it to track fta dat shows mbc and sport station,pls i nid d frequencies and where to scan if its astra or intelsat, whateva i dnt knw d terms used
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Rextab(m): 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2012
scampy: Thanks guys for d great work ya'll doin on here... Am a newbie, i jst bought dis nu strong 4940 i wnt 2use it to track fta dat shows mbc and sport station,pls i nid d frequencies and where to scan if its astra or intelsat, whateva i dnt knw d terms used
mbc is @7deg 11190v3210
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by scampy(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
@Rextab.. Which sat do i search, is it astra or what? Thanks though.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Talenty(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
Pls is astra 2a (sky uk channels) receivable in Nigeria? If yes with which dish size?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Rextab(m): 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
scampy: @Rextab.. Which sat do i search, is it astra or what? Thanks though.
w3a @7eg East
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by scampy(m): 6:14am On Oct 19, 2012
Rextab:
w3a @7eg East
thanks a bunch... Can i track it wit normal dstv dish size cos i dnt knw d measurement in cm?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Rextab(m): 7:20am On Oct 19, 2012
scampy: thanks a bunch... Can i track it wit normal dstv dish size cos i dnt knw d measurement in cm?
Dstv has both 6ocm and 90cm dishes,so i dnt know wic one u have.
w3a can be tracked with a 60cm dish(dependin on ur location) but for better signal strength i recommend 90cm dish bcoz the mbc signal is elusive on 60cm.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ibaku(m): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2012
Talenty: Pls is astra 2a (sky uk channels) receivable in Nigeria? If yes with which dish size?
Based on location, from 3m.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.