Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,329 members, 7,971,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:42 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (277618 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 9:47am On Aug 22, 2013
olenyi:

What is the % of ur signal signal strength and quality on this freq 11881 V 27500? Also on the freq 11007 v 30000? Try and see if u could bring up the signal percentage to a higher value. Say above 70 - 80%. Then blindscan.

Hope u're not using 60cm?

Regards.
tanx for the prompt response,my signal strenght is exactly 70%,yeah! I'm using a 60cm dish.though i have gotten infinity package but not even one of the channel is showing just showing no video/audio .i'm yet to get waptv, E and CO,Tanx once again.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Aterke: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pls i need sum1 to tell hw to track mbc action, thx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dinobenson: tanx for the prompt response,my signal strenght is exactly 70%,yeah! I'm using a 60cm dish.though i have gotten infinity package but not even one of the channel is showing just showing no video/audio .i'm yet to get waptv, E and CO,Tanx once again.

If ur rx is not yet upgraded, try doing so. Also the no audio/no video is from the broadcaster.

Is always advisable to use 90cm for better reception. But just upgrade and blindscan.

Besides that, their's nothing more u can do in the present situation.

Get more freq's here just incase u don't already have them. Use the two links.

http://www.flysat.com/amos5.php

http://www.flysat.com/e16a.php

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
olenyi:

If ur rx is not yet upgraded, try doing so. Also the no audio/no video is from the broadcaster.

Is always advisable to use 90cm for better reception. But just upgrade and blindscan.

Besides that, their's nothing more u can do in the present situation.

Get more freq's here just incase u don't already have them. Use the two links.

http://www.flysat.com/amos5.php

http://www.flysat.com/e16a.php

Regards.
tanx so much,pls what is rx? The fact is i have not done upgrading before and i dont know how to go about.i'm gonna try those tp's on that link.tanx so much and may the good lord continue to uplift you.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dinobenson: tanx so much,pls what is rx? The fact is i have not done upgrading before and i dont know how to go about.i'm gonna try those tp's on that link.tanx so much and may the good lord continue to uplift you.

Rx = Receiver.

If u have mytv channels, try scanning this freq 12522 H 30000 and I believe the OTA (over the air) download should be able to automatically initialize. Or switch it off and on it again after you scan to see if it will download.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
olenyi:

Rx = Receiver.

If u have mytv channels, try scanning this freq 12522 H 30000 and I believe the OTA (over the air) download should be able to automatically initialize. Or switch it off and on it again after you scan to see if it will download.

Regards.
tanx,in the absence of mytv @ point of installation, is it possible to take the decoder else where, download and bring it back? And pls how long long does it take to download? Tanx,more grease.....
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 10:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dinobenson: tanx,in the absence of mytv @ point of installation, is it possible to take the decoder else where, download and bring it back? And pls how long long does it take to download? Tanx,more grease.....

Of course. You can take it elsewhere and do ur download. Takes about 2 mins.

Do use generator so that PHCN doesn't cut off the light while u're downloading as ur rx would not be able to boot again.

By the way, hope ur rx is an original one. Don't ask how u should know the original. Can't tell u but just be sure u got the receiver from an authentic mytv dealer.

Regards.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by HABRUZZY(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2013
hi gurus in dish installation please help a new broom i want to split my dstv signal to my room please how do i go about it what do i need and the processes please.thanks y'all
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 7:26am On Aug 23, 2013
HABRUZZY: hi gurus in dish installation please help a new broom i want to split my dstv signal to my room please how do i go about it what do i need and the processes please.thanks y'all

Get the black antenna wire (coaxial cable) that is long enough to get to ur tv in the bedroom. Then get 2 nos F-connectors. Also get one ''male tv plug'' (iron one)

Now screw the 2 F-connectors on both ends of the cable. Screw one end to the port at the back of ur decoder labelled ''RF out''. String the cable to ur room and screw the tv plug to the other end on the F-connector. Then plug to ur ''antenna in'' port at the back of ur tv.

Manual scan ur tv like u do ur NTA and co and viola, ur decoder shows on your tv.

If the tv doesn't do it automatically, change the sound mode of ur tv from ''I'' to ''BG''. This is because Dstv decoders are factory set to ''I'' audio mode.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by HABRUZZY(m): 9:18am On Aug 23, 2013
olenyi:

Get the black antenna wire (coaxial cable) that is long enough to get to ur tv in the bedroom. Then get 2 nos F-connectors. Also get one ''male tv plug'' (iron one)

Now screw the 2 F-connectors on both ends of the cable. Screw one end to the port at the back of ur decoder labelled ''RF out''. String the cable to ur room and screw the tv plug to the other end on the F-connector. Then plug to ur ''antenna in'' port at the back of ur tv.

Manual scan ur tv like u do ur NTA and co and viola, ur decoder shows on your tv.

If the tv doesn't do it automatically, change the sound mode of ur tv from ''I'' to ''BG''. This is because Dstv decoders are factory set to ''I'' audio mode.

Regards.
thanks bruv
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Scorpiow(m): 9:27am On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=bobojoshua][/quote]
Thank you sir for the painstaking. I am loving it but can you please help me? I don't see any Amos 5 on Mr 4669x and likewise nta1, ait and almost all the channels on eutelsat w6 are scrambled. How do I view them?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
olenyi:

Of course. You can take it elsewhere and do ur download. Takes about 2 mins.

Do use generator so that PHCN doesn't cut off the light while u're downloading as ur rx would not be able to boot again.

By the way, hope ur rx is an original one. Don't ask how u should know the original. Can't tell u but just be sure u got the receiver from an authentic mytv dealer.

Regards.

Regards.
tanx so much for the info,i believe the rx is an original product,though i havent checked,not that i know how to check it sha ooh! Tanx and enjoy the remaining part of today my bro.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
Scorpiow:
Thank you sir for the painstaking. I am loving it but can you please help me? I don't see any Amos 5 on Mr 4669x and likewise nta1, ait and almost all the channels on eutelsat w6 are scrambled. How do I view them?

If u don't see any Amos 5 on ur receiver, Dats no problem. U can use Eutelsat 16. Or any other ku satellite on ur receiver.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brahem(m): 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
Gurus plz help me out. I hav a receiver SRT4653X, then i updated it software since then it signal did'nt knot green again. I off nd ON it bck nd restore it, it still do d same..what do i do it, plz help me with urgent reply
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
Brahem: Gurus plz help me out. I hav a receiver SRT4653X, then i updated it software since then it signal did'nt knot green again. I off nd ON it bck nd restore it, it still do d same..what do i do it, plz help me with urgent reply

Am wondering why u had need to upgrade a 4653x. But never mind. If u have two dishes, look at the ''menu, installation, ok, 4 zero's; Diseqc setting'', to make sure the Diseqc setting is still correct with ur Diseqc outside.

Also look at ur freq's to ascertain that the freq's are still dia. This is because if u did firmware transfer from another receiver (as 53x doesn't have a usb port), then u could have unknowingly transferred a firmware with a different freq, symbol rate, Diseqc setting, etc.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brahem(m): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thnx 4 replyin. I will try it nw nd giv bck a reply
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brahem(m): 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
olenyi:

Am wondering why u had need to upgrade a 4653x. But never mind. If u have two dishes, look at the ''menu, installation, ok, 4 zero's; Diseqc setting'', to make sure the Diseqc setting is still correct with ur Diseqc outside.

Also look at ur freq's to ascertain that the freq's are still dia. This is because if u did firmware transfer from another receiver (as 53x doesn't have a usb port), then u could have unknowingly transferred a firmware with a different freq, symbol rate, Diseqc setting, etc.

Regards.
thnx 4 replyin. I will try it nw
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by giembe: 9:07am On Aug 24, 2013
enitan2002: This is a thread for you guys that are new in the satellite world, come here with your questions and I can assure you they all will be attended to. With the help of fellow learned guys in this area we all will make you feel welcome.

Welcome one, Welcome all.

Questions Please and Lets start it rolling
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brahem(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
i av followed d proeedure, but it still dd d same.. Plz wot more can i do?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by andrewbeltran61: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
I am a newbie though. I have 60cm and 90cm dish with mytv strong srt 4822a and 4 lmb. I reside in GH.
Please tell me the satellites to track with my dish and the tp to track them. Thank you.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2013
andrewbeltran61: I am a newbie though. I have 60cm and 90cm dish with mytv strong srt 4822a and 4 lmb. I reside in GH.
Please tell me the satellites to track with my dish and the tp to track them. Thank you.

Start from here bro. Adapt the directions to ur peculiar situation. When u get stuck, come back and let us know and we will direct u aright.

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Brahem: i av followed d proeedure, but it still dd d same.. Plz wot more can i do?

But are u sure ur dishes are still aligned right? Dis could also be a possibility. Asides that, am afraid I don't know what else to say.

Check ur dish alignment and possibly, downgrade to ur former version.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ganex: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pls how do l restore option back after OTA upgrade @68e on my 69xii cos had pressed 6969 no option still..egbami ò everyone.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brahem(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2013
olenyi:

But are u sure ur dishes are still aligned right? Dis could also be a possibility. Asides that, am afraid I don't know what else to say.

Check ur dish alignment and possibly, downgrade to ur former version.

Regards.
i hav 90cm dish, it's well set because i used anoda receiver to test it
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by zungwe93: 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
My respect to every one here.
Pls, is there any way i can use one 60cm dish with 3 LNBF to view chanels like AITs, NTA, MBC, etc?
--Also, how effective is SRT 4940 in carrying out the process?
Thanks.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by zungwe93: 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
My respect to every one here.
Pls, is there any way i can use one 60cm dish with 3 LNBF to view chanels like AITs, NTA, MBC, etc?
Thanks.[b]My respect to every one here.
Thanks.[/b]My respect to every one here.
Thanks.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ikegodng(m): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dear all

Will a new frequency scan erase the channels that have been previously scanned on the decoder
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
Ikegodng: Dear all

Will a new frequency scan erase the channels that have been previously scanned on the decoder

No. It would just add the new channels if any. Although it could change any channel who's name has changed since the last time u scanned to itsss new name.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Scorpiow(m): 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2013
Pls house help me i uploaded the srt 4669x software on my decoder from a link somewhere here and it uploaded successfully but switched itself off. Since then it hasn't come up again. Pls what av i done and wats the solution. I need ur help plzzzzzzzzz!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by prest(m): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Plz house, where can I find the software for my fake 4669XII decorder
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jacksparow(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
How do i receive OSN channels, please
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by koonlay5: 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Good day house
Please i would like to know how i can optimise my decoder to get all channels possible.
I use two dish positioned towards MY TV and Multi TV. I also use SRT 4940.
Thank you for ur reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.