Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,872 members, 7,942,185 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:12 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (275550 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
koonlay5: Good day house
Please i would like to know how i can optimise my decoder to get all channels possible.
I use two dish positioned towards MY TV and Multi TV. I also use SRT 4940.
Thank you for ur reply.

Check out this link. Go through it slowly and follow the instructions. U can always come here for clarification on any gray areas.

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hazard1759(m): 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
pls gurus i trackd Amos5@ 17
degrees on a 90cm dish n d best i
can get is 70% because of
trees...wen i blindscan,16 degrees
doesnt pop..is it normal?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Emmaculate20(m): 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
hazard1759: pls gurus i trackd Amos5@ 17
degrees on a 90cm dish n d best i
can get is 70% because of
trees...wen i blindscan,16 degrees
doesnt pop..is it normal?
Yeah! Just flow on...
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hazard1759(m): 6:43am On Aug 28, 2013
Emmaculate20:
Yeah! Just flow on...
flow on asin i shld scan n it'll pop or wot?...my LNB is @ 8 oclock,i donno if dats were its supposed 2 be
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ballakk(m): 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
guys can i track irib tv3( badr 5(26E) with 90cm dish in kwara state
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Sexynick: 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pls house,is the use of biss key legal?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
Sexynick: Pls house,i the use of biss key legal?

I should think so.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Sexynick: 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thanks bro
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by osagiemma: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
pls does any 1 in the house has badr5 pls whc frequency do i use to track it thx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Trendy247: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
pls gurus do i need to buy smartcard b4 installing mytv, i only need the free channels for now. Av scanned without smartcard but no way
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rapthugx(m): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
Trendy247: pls gurus do i need to buy smartcard b4 installing mytv, i only need the free channels for now. Av scanned without smartcard but no way
U don't need d smart card align ur dish properly with the right TP and decoder u r good to go. Good luck.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Trendy247: 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
rapthugx: U don't need d smart card align ur dish properly with the right TP and decoder u r good to go. Good luck.
tnx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Luv4tv(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
Good-evening 2 d house. Pls I need info on how use either Avatar or A1sky 2watch some channels on Amos apart 4m Daarsat channels&Eutesat apart 4m DSTV channels especial Dubai sport,Al-jazzera sport etc
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by good188(m): 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
i know much about avatar and alsky because i have been using avatar over 2yrs now,its break all dstv station for free,i can tell you more and how to get it ,email me on lovecare17@yahoo.com

Luv4tv: Good-evening 2 d house. Pls I need info on how use either Avatar or A1sky 2watch some channels on Amos apart 4m Daarsat channels&Eutesat apart 4m DSTV channels especial Dubia sport,Al-jazzera sport etc
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Trendy247: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2013
rapthugx: U don't need d smart card align ur dish properly with the right TP and decoder u r good to go. Good luck.
I connected my 4653x decoder to my neighbour's dish n it was showing but wen i tried installing mine the signal was only showing red. My dish is facing d same direction as my neighbours own. And here are my settings. The green showed wen i connected it to my neighbour's dish.

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rapthugx(m): 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
Trendy247:
I connected my 4653x decoder to my neighbour's dish n it was showing but wen i tried installing mine the signal was only showing red. My dish is facing d same direction as my neighbours own. And here are my settings. The green showed wen i connected it to my neighbour's dish.
Are u using it b4 and it stopped suddenly or u want to track it? If it is d former, then u have not gotten it. If it is d later, u shld check ur lnb, it may have gone bad. Check ur connections and if possible re-align ur dish u will get it. Track with 12722H 26.657 then blind scan u will get wht u want. Good luck.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ganex: 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
2 u all, what does it mean 2 re-align a dish.Abeg, l remain humble.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hazard1759(m): 7:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
ganex: 2 u all, what does it mean 2 re-align a dish.Abeg, l remain humble.
re-align d dish is to retrack d satlite
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 04, 2013
Hello guys please it is possible to have both ku band dish and C-band in the same installation and connected to one decoder and please is it also possible to track 2 close satellite by a number example 1.0E and 2.0E is it possible to track them together using one LNBF... And lastly can all the satellite be connected to by KU band and C Band or some support one and will not support the other... Please I would so much appreciate a detailed explanation...
Many thanks...

Regards...
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 04, 2013
[b]
Hi guys you are doing a very wonderful job honestly I am more than impressed please here is my question
16.0°E Eutelsat 16A = 10804H/30000
17.0°E Amos 5 = 11884V/27500
28.2°E Astra 2F = 12522V/19531
36.0°E Eutelsat 36A = 12275V/11200
1. The above listed satellites can they be tracked using C- band dish of 1.8M and LNBF or it is strictly for KU band, kindly help me to indicate which one can serve both KU band and c-band together and which serve KU band only and C- band only and if yes will they be at the same frequency for C-band and KU band...
2. Also please are there universal LNBF that can track both C-band frequency and at the same time track Ku band frequency and how much does it cost any idea.
3. And will it equally work anywhere in Nigeria because I am based in Yola Adamawa state and that is North east so please kindly advice...
4. And please does anyone have the idea of motorized installation that drives the dish to the required direction without manual repositioning at all times...
Comments from the whole house will be highly appreciated... Many thanks...

Regards...

[/b]
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ganex: 4:37am On Sep 04, 2013
z.anthony:
[b]
Hi guys you are doing a very wonderful job honestly I am more than impressed please here is my question
1. The above listed satellites can they be tracked using C- band dish of 1.8M and LNBF or it is strictly for KU band, kindly help me to indicate which one can serve both KU band and c-band together and which serve KU band only and C- band only and if yes will they be at the same frequency for C-band and KU band...
2. Also please are there universal LNBF that can track both C-band frequency and at the same time track Ku band frequency and how much does it cost any idea.
3. And will it equally work anywhere in Nigeria because I am based in Yola Adamawa state and that is North east so please kindly advice...
4. And please does anyone have the idea of motorized installation that drives the dish to the required direction without manual repositioning at all times...

Regards...

[/b]
All the satellites listed above are ku band trackable.get a 90cm dish & track them all togeda on same dish wit 3 lnb.16e and 17e can b tracked on one lnb.ur 1.8m shud best be motorised.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ezo4fta(m): 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
ballakk: guys can i track irib tv3( badr 5(26E) with 90cm dish in kwara state
capital NO.. U need 1.8M dish for better performance. Thanks.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ezo4fta(m): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
Luv4tv: Good-evening 2 d house. Pls I need info on how use either Avatar or A1sky 2watch some channels on Amos apart 4m Daarsat channels&Eutesat apart 4m DSTV channels especial Dubai sport,Al-jazzera sport etc
the topic is not an open discussion..pls note
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ezo4fta(m): 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Trendy247:
mind u,installation is not all about facing ur dish to d same direction as ur neighbour but goes beyond dat. Ist u must track the satellite wit the exact frequency and symbol rate.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ezo4fta(m): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
z.anthony:
[b]

Regards...

[/b]
the following ar the answer to ur questions (1) all d satellite listed ar ku band. (2) no lnbf dat can track both c band and ku band together. (3) ku-band lnbf and c-band lnbf can work in any part of d world.(4)I don't hv idea.Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 3:01am On Sep 05, 2013
ezo4fta: capital NO.. U need 1.8M dish for better performance. Thanks.
. Thanks so if I use a 1.8m dish I W̶̲̥̅̊ill use 3 Ku band lnb right .
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 5:33am On Sep 05, 2013
z.anthony:

The satellites u named are all ku bands and as such, can only be gotten with ku band lnbf. When looking at a satellite name, u normally see a ''ku'' or ''c'' suffix. This helps to tell u at a glance if a satellite is ku or c band.

Also, when a freq is 5 in number, eg 11900, u know its a ku. But if its 4 eg 3890 or 03890, its a c band freq.

z.anthony:

Yes there are. But the down side is that because most c band freq's require the insertion of the dielectric plate inside the c band lnb throat, the dielectric will now act as an obstruction for the ku band signals. It's normally used when one is tracking C-Band satellites that don't require dialect like intelsat 20c.

z.anthony:

Yea works anywhere in the world. grin

z.anthony:

Regards...

We have what is called a jack and Positioner. These are the two equipment needed that can drive ur dish to ur desired satellite/Position from the comfort of ur sitting/living room with the press of a button.

Though ur dish needs to be a ''pole mount'' designed dish and not a ''ground mount''. Except the ''neck'' design of the ground mount is modified to accept a jack.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rapthugx(m): 5:54am On Sep 05, 2013
olenyi:
We have what is called a jack and Positioner. These are the two equipment needed that can drive ur dish to ur desired satellite/Position from the comfort of ur sitting/living room with the press of a button.

Though ur dish needs to be a ''pole mount'' designed dish and not a ''ground mount''. Except the ''neck'' design of the ground mount is modified to accept a jack.

Regards.
. Nice one Oga Olenyi, pls how much is d cost of this equipment to motorise a 1.8M or 2.4M pan? Thank you.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 6:57am On Sep 05, 2013
rapthugx: . Nice one Oga Olenyi, pls how much is d cost of this equipment to motorise a 1.8M or 2.4M pan? Thank you.

Jack = 2700
Positioner = 2700

Price is location dependent.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Smilelo(m): 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
I was watching metro digital cable when I saw this advertisement about HUMAX FOXSAT HD FREE AND ICORD +. and I also check for it in the internet. I like it very well, and I will like to buy it. but I don't know where I can get it in Nigeria. please I will like my fellow members here to give me the information where I can buy the HUMAX FOXSAT HD FREE in Nigeria. why I like it is because of the picture quality and also the more HD channels that it has. What is the difference between the HUMAX HD ICORD + AND THE HUMAX HD FOXSAT FREE. I will like you to put more light to IT so that I can understand what it means.HUMAX FOXSAT HD FREE does this humax foxsat hd free means that you will have access to all HD movies and channel or tv show when I say free I mean bout HD and free to air HD channels and also the ADSPORT PACKAGE. and ICORD HD + 500 GB RECORDABLE HARD DISK. and also ICORD HD WITH ADSPORTS PACKAGE. so let me know what its means so that I will understand the one I will buy. what I want is only the HUMAX HD receiver that will show HD CHANNELS because the picture are very clear then an ordinary channel . and I believe the HUMAX HD will work in Nigeria. I Want to know where I can buy it in Nigeria and what it will cost me in Nigerian currency. thanks as I look forward for your reply . my facebook ID is; D Boss Smile. u can send me a friend request so that it will be easy for communication. thanks as I look forward to hear 4r u. I NEED THIS HUMAX HD BAD BAD.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by deleuche(m): 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
Good day all. I have been following this section for some time and am really impressed infact I am now moved and ready to put some of what I have learnt
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by deleuche(m): 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
^^ to practice
I have a strong decoder 4653x and a 6Ocm dish.the dish is with lnb and is set up in position for Dstv. Please I need info from gurus in the house on:
1. what stations can I get with these equipment
2. Do I need any additional equipment to start.

Thanks I will appreciate your comments and help

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.