Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,872 members, 7,942,185 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:16 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (275551 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by iykmora(m): 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
hazard1759: Dstv=11900 v 27500 Multi tv=12523 v 19531 Amos 5=11881 v 27500

sorry to disturb, but what is d lnb skew for
28.2deg?
For others,
36deg= 9 o' clock
16/17 deg= 6 o' clock
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
iykmora:
sorry to disturb, but what is d lnb skew for
28.2deg?
For others,
36deg= 9 o' clock
16/17 deg= 6 o' clock

really? at the bolded? thought it was 9 o clock

hmnnn. this skew thing i tink it varies slightly sha per location. my 36deg skew is at 3/4 o clock.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by iykmora(m): 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
4llerbuntu:

really? at the bolded? thought it was 9 o clock

hmnnn. this skew thing i tink it varies slightly sha per location. my 36deg skew is at 3/4 o clock.

hey, arsene wenger lolz...don't mind d jab jawe....my amos5 is skewed @6 o'clock, while dstv has same effect on 9 nd 3 o' clock. So answer d 1st one, what is multi tv skew b4 i wish bad tin for ôzil!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
iykmora: hey, arsene wenger lolz...don't mind d jab jawe....my amos5 is skewed @6 o'clock, while dstv has same effect on 9 nd 3 o' clock. So answer d 1st one, what is multi tv skew b4 i wish bad tin for ôzil!

kai. stop eeet!! stop rough play o. Ozil ke? leave am oo.

Multi tv skew na d same with DSTV. shebi u see that 2-in-1 LNb dem dey market for am.....
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
4llerbuntu:

did u even read the thr3ad at all? I just asked this and someone posted the TPs on this very page.

please try not to be lazy.

Dstv=11900 v 27500

Multi tv=12523 v 19531

Amos 5=11881 v 27500

well u have to be inventive. think outside the box. or get some aluminum maker or welder to fabricate stuff for u.

my example in the picture is actually copper wire cables twisted together and covered with black tape. I'm considering visiting some aluminum guy to make a holder but I need to make up my mind on what it will look like with the measurements.

just be creative. who knows u could show us the way. I tried creating a thread for this purpose but received no response.

i'm think i should fabricate a more stable clamp to hold d lnb in place.d koko is d point at which i can attach d lnb.i think i need to adopt ur method first,then improve on it.pls tell me if i'm wrong,i should track multi tv first,then place another lnb 5cm above multi tv for dstv,lastly attack an lnb by the handle for amos.tanx for ur patience.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dinobenson: i'm think i should fabricate a more stable clamp to hold d lnb in place.d koko is d point at which i can attach d lnb.i think i need to adopt ur method first,then improve on it.pls tell me if i'm wrong,i should track multi tv first,then place another lnb 5cm above multi tv for dstv,lastly attack an lnb by the handle for amos.tanx for ur patience.

yes that's the idea. u have it right. u could also easily just buy the 2 in 1 lnb......m

but for amos, its not guaranteed that attaching to the handle will work automatically. u have to locate where it is first by manipulating the lnb gently to then be sure which point to attach it .

for me beside the handle has not had any success......... yet. may retry with a new lnb skew ........ but I have made up my mind to try get a fabricated holder..... makes life easier
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
4llerbuntu:

yes that's the idea. u have it right. u could also easily just buy the 2 in 1 lnb......m

but for amos, its not guaranteed that attaching to the handle will work automatically. u have to locate where it is first by manipulating the lnb gently to then be sure which point to attach it .

for me beside the handle has not had any success......... yet. may retry with a new lnb skew ........ but I have made up my mind to try get a fabricated holder..... makes life easier
tanx u d boss! Any idea on how to get daarsat encrypted stations (nta,ait news,ait parliament,kennis music,quest and d rest) back? These channels went off air 16th of september.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
Dinobenson: tanx u d boss! Any idea on how to get daarsat encrypted stations (nta,ait news,ait parliament,kennis music,quest and d rest) back? These channels went off air 16th of september.

You may need to subscribe to there package
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kizzylicious: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
thank you so much 4llerbuntu...with your help and that of olenyi i was able to install dstv and multi tv although i only did that ion seperate dishes...am really greateful pals...wish i could learn more here....the only problem am facing now is that my dstv only shows cctv4 and few other channels...what could be wrong? embarassed
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rapthugx(m): 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kizzylicious: thank you so much 4llerbuntu...with your help and that of olenyi i was able to install dstv and multi tv although i only did that ion seperate dishes...am really greateful pals...wish i could learn more here....the only problem am facing now is that my dstv only shows cctv4 and few other channels...what could be wrong? embarassed
Congrats on ur effort, tht is d spirit bro! When u say others don't 'show' do u mean they are scrambled or they are red (bad or no signal)? If it is d former, tht simply means they are not FTA, if it is the later then u need to work on ur set up. Cheers.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kizzylicious: 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
rapthugx: Congrats on ur effort, tht is d spirit bro! When u say others don't 'show' do u mean they are scrambled or they are red (bad or no signal)? If it is d former, tht simply means they are not FTA, if it is the later then u need to work on ur set up. Cheers.

they show scrambled channels....i actually taught i coukd get to watch super sports just like my friend embarassed
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kizzylicious: thank you so much 4llerbuntu...with your help and that of olenyi i was able to install dstv and multi tv although i only did that ion seperate dishes...am really greateful pals...wish i could learn more here....the only problem am facing now is that my dstv only shows cctv4 and few other channels...what could be wrong? embarassed
input this tp12245h11200, and then scan it to receive eutelsat36B.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kizzylicious: 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
SULIEMAN3: input this tp12245h11200, and then scan it to receive eutelsat36B.

Sorry to ask bro...at the same dstv position?.....or do I need to also search for this other network
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 12:19am On Oct 13, 2013
Kizzylicious:

Sorry to ask bro...at the same dstv position?.....or do I need to also search for this other network

Same Dstv position. Just make sure your cctv signal is at least 70% or above.

Hope you are using an mpeg 4/HD complaint decoder.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rapthugx(m): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2013
SULIEMAN3: input this tp12245h11200,
and then scan it to receive eutelsat36B.

Kizzylicious:
Sorry to ask bro...at the same dstv
position?.....or do I need to also search for this
other network

olenyi:

Regards.
Welldone My Ogas Sulieman and Olenyi, I have searched lyngsat and flysat repeatedly to check if the channels there will interest me, but came out blank. Could the channels be the TING package with tp 12275H 11200? Pls sirs help.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Emmaculate20(m): 8:36am On Oct 13, 2013
rapthugx:

Welldone My Ogas Sulieman and Olenyi, I have searched lyngsat and flysat repeatedly to check if the channels there will interest me, but came out blank. Could the channels be the TING package with tp 12275H 11200? Pls sirs help.
Yeah!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by adewex(m): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2013
pls help a friend tols me i can get dstv stations using strong decoder and a sim. i have a strong decoder but my problem is there is no place for sim. help
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:44am On Oct 13, 2013
rapthugx:

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kizzylicious: 9:47am On Oct 13, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.

Thanks once again...am sorry if am disturbing but what channels am I expecting in this new network?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
Kizzylicious:

Kizzylicious:

Thanks once again...am sorry if am disturbing but what channels am I expecting in this new network?

Seeing that you already can access 36'e/cctv, why not try the tp's given to you and see for yourself.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 12:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
adewex: pls help a friend tols me i can get dstv stations using strong decoder and a sim. i have a strong decoder but my problem is there is no place for sim. help

A friend already told you something, ask him to finish what he started.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by adewex(m): 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
olenyi:

A friend already told you something, ask him to finish what he started.

Regards.

He couldnt, Thats why im here.. Im lost
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 4:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
adewex:

That is the NEMESIS patent to illegalities.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
adewex:

@adewex.

With your strong receiver, why don't you allow us to put you through on clean FTA. You will be the better for it.

Whats your receiver model by the way?

My regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Sexynick: 7:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
gudevein@sulieman, pls can i nail irib package with 1m or 1.2m dish in akwa ibom,south-south nigeria.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Sexynick: gudevein@sulieman, pls can i nail irib package with 1m or 1.2m dish in akwa ibom,south-south nigeria.
Arabsat at 20degree east has great coverage over africa but why don't you try with 1.8m for better signal reception.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Sexynick: 7:55am On Oct 15, 2013
sulieman,thanks for always responding to my post,have been able to nail intelsat20,eutelsatw4,astra2f and amos5/w3c with help from dis forum.i want to complete my fta setup with eutelsatw3a&astra4A and also with irib package may be with eri tv on arabsat 5A but my main problem Is space to mount the 1.8m dish,dats why i asked de previous question.once again am grtfull for everytin. Fta for life!!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 5:40am On Oct 16, 2013
SULIEMAN3: input this tp12245h11200, and then scan it to receive eutelsat36B.
good morning bro,pls what happened to channels on this tp sir? I notice apart from ALJAZERA,MBC2,EATV,STAR ......the rest channels like CNN,SETANTA AFRICA,COLOUR,ZEE CINEMA,BREKETE are no longer showing.looking forward to ur expert opinion,tanx.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Dinobenson: good morning bro,pls what happened to channels on this tp sir? I notice apart from ALJAZERA,MBC2,EATV,STAR ......the rest channels like CNN,SETANTA AFRICA,COLOUR,ZEE CINEMA,BREKETE are no longer showing.looking forward to ur expert opinion,tanx.
If the above mentioned channels are working, that means the non-working ones are currently out of transmiting. Because they are all on the same tp.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Joliba: 9:35am On Oct 16, 2013
I have done everything ala sirius4 from multitv
. what are my doing wrong. can anyone upload sirus 4 pics
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Joliba: 9:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Joliba: I have done everything ala sirius4 from multitv
. what are my doing wrong. can anyone upload sirus 4 pics
urgent reply needed, this sun don fry my brain finish
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ganex: 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Joliba: urgent reply needed, this sun don fry my brain finish
Use 90cm dish & track multi tv upto 90% plus, then while standing in front of ur dish move it skyward to ur left.Use a sound Lnb & mpeg4 or HD receiver..gudluck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.