Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,975 members, 7,946,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" (56494 Views)

"Chinedu My Son Was Killed" - Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi / Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by OMAR12: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
freshvine:
Stella Oduah and her father are shameful for indulging in this kind of attitude. Burying another man child who's alive in his compound.

We know how we women brainwash our children against their fathers when we divorce them and the man here might even have let Stella Oduah enjoy the company of the young man while alive. It is imperative she send the dead boy back to his biological fathers house.
don't mind all those people that feel, because the are educated and exposed, they can sideline traditions,even the igwe should be ashamed of himself, without consulting properly to know if the father of the man is aware.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by eyinjuege: 12:00am On Sep 01, 2016
freshvine:
Stella Oduah and her father are shameful for indulging in this kind of attitude. Burying another man child who's alive in his compound.

We know how we women brainwash our children against their fathers when we divorce them and the man here might even have let Stella Oduah enjoy the company of the young man while alive. It is imperative she send the dead boy back to his biological fathers house.

Mr man, what are you talking about? It's unfortunate that the divorced women you know brainwash their children against their fathers.
But know this, a child always knows a responsible father. One who always comes to visit them, provides their basic needs such as buying clothes, bringing provisions etc for them, taking them out when they were younger, and paying their school fees.
Children need love and basic things like food, clothes, shelter, education to survive . Any parent that refuses to provide these for any flimsy reason (as a divorce from their spouse) is deadbeat. This includes women who abandon their kids.
Children who are told bad things about their fathers but see the man showing them love, and providing for them always grow up to hate their mothers, and would rather associate with their dads when they are grown. It's the law of nature. You reap what you sow.

Everyone wants and needs a father and mother in their lives, but if a father/mother has decided not to be a positive part of a child's life, life still has to go on.

No one knows the true story behind Stella Oduah and this man.

It sounds too hard to believe though that no one remembered to inform the father of the son's death. That was irresponsible on the part of her family.

The father says he heard on social media about the death of his son, why couldn't he also send his people and his younger ones to the Oduah's place? If not for anything, but to confirm if it's a true story?
He should have done that and his people discussed with those who have been raising the boy till he became a man on the burial arrangements and where they would like him buried.
If the boy has truly been buried, I don't see any point exhuming his body. It's kinda disrespectful to the corpse.

4 Likes

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by cococandy(f): 12:01am On Sep 01, 2016
BABANGBALI:
you are neither here nor there.
I can see why you say that.

Well saying she should have informed him of the boy's death is just because I believe in being fair. Just inform him. Doesn't mean he should be the one to decide where the boy will be buried. (For all we know the dude himself may not have wanted to be buried in the father's place.)

That's doesn't mean I can't acknowledge the father didn't do right by not knowing what's up with his kid/s. And that's because I see people condemning the woman as a bad mother. When they don't know what the true story is.

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by OMAR12: 12:05am On Sep 01, 2016
Businessideas:

That's what you are getting wrong. Fatherhood comes with responsibilities,if you don't live up to it, you are just a sperm donor .That man will hear am, infact, the demands that would be made from him as atonement before the corpse is given to him,will force him to beat a retreat. He never knew that this day would come.
Some men and even some women too don't know where to draw the line when they have bitter separation from their spouses.
This would teach them sense. The joke is on him.From what I know of things like this,he would be given very tall conditions and once a runaway father, always a runaway father
Mr.man weather he was there ooo or not, tradition is tradition, respect the tradition and ignore the personality, the man is not talking about weather he was there or not.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by AlwaysUltraPad: 12:05am On Sep 01, 2016
She no bury am for him papa place? This woman don carry de boy do ritual.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by cococandy(f): 12:06am On Sep 01, 2016
This should be a lesson to deadbeat fathers. You can't reap what didn't show. If this man had been in his children's lives, would this discussion be coming up now? What do you even want with a corpse that you didn't care about when it was alive? To satisfy your ego? Tssk. Tssk. I hope this issue is resolved peacefully so they can do right by the remaining living children (if they have more).

2 Likes

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by cococandy(f): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2016
OMAR12:
Mr.man weather he was there ooo or not, tradition is tradition, respect the tradition and ignore the personality, the man is not talking about weather he was there or not.
it is also traditon to care about and provide for your children.

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by manny4life(m): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2016
cococandy:
I can see why you say that.

Well saying she should have informed him of the boy's death is just because I believe in being fair. Just inform him. Doesn't mean he should be the one to decide where the boy will be buried. (For all we know the dude himself may not have wanted to be buried in the father's place.)

That's doesn't mean I can't acknowledge the father didn't do right by not knowing what's up with his kid/s. And that's because I see people condemning the woman as a bad mother. When they don't know what the true story is.

Exactly!!!

This is why I said people shouldn't just judge without knowing the full story. The are divorced, what if the money was returned back to the ex-husbands's family, that's ground for the mother to bury her son without the father. Like you rightly said, what if the man (who's of age) decided not to be buried in his father's place? No one knows the whole story yet people are so quick to condemn her.

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by cococandy(f): 12:13am On Sep 01, 2016
I do know that if a father didn't care about me when I was alive, the last thing I'd want is for my body to be buried in his place. I'd rather rest where I'm loved and wanted not where I'll be buried to fulfill traditon. Tradition ko. Isn't it man-made? I wonder if the father is even in grief as per someone who just lost a child or if he is more concerned about them honoring him as the father of the dead boy.

May god console them all.
manny4life:

Exactly!!!

This is why I said people shouldn't just judge without knowing the full story. The parents were divorced, what if the money was returned back to the ex-husbands's family, that's ground for the mother to bury her son without the father. Like you rightly said, what if the man (who's of age) decided not to be buried in his father's place? No one knows the whole story yet people are so quick to condemn her.

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by OMAR12: 12:14am On Sep 01, 2016
eyinjuege:

Mr man, what are you talking about? It's unfortunate that the divorced women you know brainwash their children against their fathers.
But know this, a child always knows a responsible father. One who always comes to visit them, provides their basic needs such as buying clothes, bringing provisions etc for them, taking them out when they were younger, and paying their school fees.
Children need love and basic things like food, clothes, shelter, education to survive . Any parent that refuses to provide these for any flimsy reason (as a divorce from their spouse) is deadbeat. This includes women who abandon their kids.
Children who are told bad things about their fathers but see the man showing them love, and providing for them always grow up to hate their mothers, and would rather associate with their dads when they are grown. It's the law of nature. You reap what you sow.

Everyone wants and needs a father and mother in their lives, but if a father/mother has decided not to be a positive part of a child's life, life still has to go on.

No one knows the true story behind Stella Oduah and this man.

It sounds too hard to believe though that no one remembered to inform the father of the son's death. That was irresponsible on the part of her family.

The father says he heard on social media about the death of his son, why couldn't he also send his people and his younger ones to the Oduah's place? If not for anything, but to confirm if it's a true story?
He should have done that and his people discussed with those who have been raising the boy till he became a man on the burial arrangements and where they would like him buried.
If the boy has truly been buried, I don't see any point exhuming his body. It's kinda disrespectful to the corpse.
yea BT look at it this way, do u know if there was any restrictions against the man's visit, do u know if he and his son had spoken and the boy may or may not have asked about why he doesn't come around as he should, and the man quietly wave it aside in other not to cause friction BTW the boy and his mom. all these are all assumption. bt no matter what the man is traditional married to the lady and during the course of that marriage she bore him a son. tradition is tradition. she Stella made this stuff a mess by not revealing the death of the boy to his father.the father is the head weather home or away.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by ogorwyne(f): 12:22am On Sep 01, 2016
Chinaimporter:
this is a not a matter of burial in fathers house....it is better for the boy to be buried in anambra...an inferior culture cannot and should not be allowed to dictate for a superior one. No man with even a quarter of an igbo blood should be buried outside igboland for any reason

Should I call this thrash racism or what in Nigeria? Superior what Please Ibo people should stick to marrying themselves if their superiority complex have made them blind to tradition going by this your comment. You are jst an e-user if you ask me. You still have a lot to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by aalangel(f): 12:27am On Sep 01, 2016
So they should exhume the body? Mtcheww...moving on!!

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by OMAR12: 12:27am On Sep 01, 2016
cococandy:
it is also traditon to care about and provide for your children.
assumption and assumption, we have seen It in movies and the likes, where there is restrictions and court orders and injunctions prohibiting a fellow to keep a certain distance from another fellow, we have heard of child custody battle, we don't even know how long they has been apart. how influencing Stella was during and after their marriage, politically. BT I don't give a damn who is at fault,am Igboman and as a man from that ethnicity, it sacrilege for me to be buried outside igboland. the boy in question is an itshekiri man if the itshekiri tradition permits their children to be buried outside, it is TRADITION.if not!. then the needful should be done. consult all parties before u act when it Comes to a big decision like this.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by ejilife: 12:29am On Sep 01, 2016
...But seriously, the man should have been asked: When last he saw his son while he lived? That question would have determined if truly he was truly a father to the family.

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 01, 2016
I believe his father and mother loved him dearly. He is dead. He should have peace. All this troubles of custom over where one must be buried......if he had died in a fire and charred beyond recognition or at sea and eaten by fishes,no one would raise dust over where he is to be buried. Where is custom then? Bleep custom! Rest in peace young fellow.

5 Likes

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by chigoizie7(m): 12:44am On Sep 01, 2016
This is wrong.

As a royal father, u should know that it is very wrong to do such a thing. Igwe odua, please advice your daughter.

As for waiting for the estranged wife to call him 1st and tell him about the demise of the boy is what I don't subscribe to.

As the father of the house, u should maintain steady communications with your children.

2ndly, since u heard about it in the pages of news paper, did u in any way call that your estranged wife on the phone to ascertain if what u heard is actually the truth?

2 Likes

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 01, 2016
Kollyman:
Controversial Stella Oduah!

Someone said "give a woman power and wealth and see how elders would be disgraced in the market".

After analysing the adage, I realised that its not all women but over 99% of them are culpable.

Guy na all of dem
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by cococandy(f): 1:18am On Sep 01, 2016
That's right. Everyone is assuming. Including you . No one knows the real deal.
OMAR12:
assumption and assumption , we have seen It in movies and the likes, where there is restrictions and court orders and injunctions prohibiting a fellow to keep a certain distance from another fellow, we have heard of child custody battle, we don't even know how long they has been apart. how influencing Stella was during and after their marriage, politically. BT I don't give a damn who is at fault,am Igboman and as a man from that ethnicity, it sacrilege for me to be buried outside igboland. the boy in question is an itshekiri man if the itshekiri tradition permits their children to be buried outside, it is TRADITION.if not!. then the needful should be done. consult all parties before u act when it Comes to a big decision like this.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by kov624665(m): 1:58am On Sep 01, 2016
some will say its Witch-hunt cheesy from Buhari
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 01, 2016
Hahahah must be nice to be chilling in paradise. Those angels/aliens smell NICE!!!! They do. I have smelt them. Some of them sing, some of them love to LAUGH!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahah that's why I laugh when people die...
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by KanwuliaExtra: 2:33am On Sep 01, 2016
Na how many MANSSSS this woman BORN FOR? shocked

Maxwell Chinedu Obiechina Wereyesigha Toritseju Etoromi

Na only ONE MAN born this pikin with all these names?

Sweeeet SATAN!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by madjune(m): 3:14am On Sep 01, 2016
[quote author=Kollyman post=48963573]Controversial Stella Oduah!

Someone said "give a woman power and wealth and see how elders would be disgraced in the market".

After analysing the adage, I realised that its not all women but over 99% of them are culpable.[/quote

What of giving a powerful office to a Calabar girl?

Don't even imagine it.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by madjune(m): 3:16am On Sep 01, 2016
Kollyman:
Controversial Stella Oduah!

After analysing the adage, I realised that its not all women but over 99% of them are culpable.

What about giving a powerful office to a Calabar girl?

Don't even imagine it.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by Abiagirl777(f): 3:33am On Sep 01, 2016
Chinaimporter:
this is a not a matter of burial in fathers house....it is better for the boy to be buried in anambra...an inferior culture cannot and should not be allowed to dictate for a superior one. No man with even a quarter of an igbo blood should be buried outside igboland for any reason

Enyi aru odikwa GI?
where were you and silly superior culture when she married non Igbo's twice or more?

2 Likes

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by Ayatullah(m): 3:54am On Sep 01, 2016
Retired Colonel, this should not be the time to raise dust. Wherever your son is buried does not really matter. He will be resurrected on the last day for judgement, even if he were buried in Nineveh!

2 Likes

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by back2sender: 5:23am On Sep 01, 2016
NwaNimo1:
I thought it was fishy the speed in which she buried the boy - at her place of birth.

And she didn't even notify the boys father of his death or burial? Wow, that tells a lot about the woman and her character.

She should have known better........this is an abomination however you look at it.

It's like scandal follows the woman because of her decisions?
Ibo people will support her as usual. This is what an ibo will not accept with other tribes.
This is unacceptable, when dowry was paid in her head before she gave birth to the guy.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by back2sender: 5:29am On Sep 01, 2016
cococandy:
I do know that if a father didn't care about me when I was alive, the last thing I'd want is for my body to be buried in his place. I'd rather rest where I'm loved and wanted not where I'll be buried to fulfill traditon. Tradition ko. Isn't it man-made? I wonder if the father is even in grief as per someone who just lost a child or if he is more concerned about them honoring him as the father of the dead boy.

May god console them all.
What you wrote does not hold water. There is a father and he has asked the son be buried in his place.
People coming to speak for the woman should look at her history and see the kind of person she was. Then you can decide to join against or for. Just google about her and see.
No ibo man will accept what she is doing
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by eyinjuege: 5:36am On Sep 01, 2016
OMAR12:
yea BT look at it this way, do u know if there was any restrictions against the man's visit, do u know if he and his son had spoken and the boy may or may not have asked about why he doesn't come around as he should, and the man quietly wave it aside in other not to cause friction BTW the boy and his mom. all these are all assumption. bt no matter what the man is traditional married to the lady and during the course of that marriage she bore him a son. tradition is tradition. she Stella made this stuff a mess by not revealing the death of the boy to his father.the father is the head weather home or away.

When I first read the story that she didn't tell the boy's father of his death, I felt outraged.
But on deeper thought, she has just lost a grown child who was apparently well unexpectedly.
I'm sure she is still in shock, and probably might not even know what's happening around her. You can bet she's not in charge of the funeral, but probably the boy's younger ones/cousins and the youths around them.
However, even if she's excused because of the fresh tragedy and grief, those around her should have thought of the boy's father, and given him a call.
But, let's even assume the Oduahs were useless with no regard for anyone,
Again, if one hears such a news in the media, which initially sounded like a rumour, the initial thing the father should have done was to call Stella, or anybody in her family. I would have expected him to send his people, younger than him to go to Stella's people and find out the truth if he was truly dead, and what caused his death. They would have talked about the burial and the arrangements to be made from their side even if it means transporting the dead body back to his father by themselves. The father shouldn't have waited, and left them to probably send the corpse to him. His people should have done that.
If however they went and were turned back by Stella's people, that's another story entirely.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by eyinjuege: 5:58am On Sep 01, 2016
OMAR12:

Secondly, I forgot to add earlier. One should always fight for one's child. This has nothing to do with the case in question btw. Even if you don't have full custody of your child, you should always try and see them, send money regularly . It will be on record. Don't assume the mother is rich, and should be able to singlehandedly provide for the child's needs. Buy clothes regularly, and send. Send money regularly like a clockwork for feeding and school fees e.g like in this case directly to the grandfather to give his daughter, if you don't want to see the mother. Equally, try and see the child even if it's for a couple of days when you're on leave. I understand this man was a military man, and are usually posted about the country

Every child especially boys need their fathers.

It's always important for divorced parents to be civil to one another, because of the well being of their children. Nobody should deprive a child access to either of their parent except the parent in question is a paedophile, or a junkie or a violent person that can harm the child.

Even if their parents are not together anymore. It's not good enough that because a parent moves on from a previous relationship and forms another family, he or she should then forget about their children from a previous marriage.
This is not about the Oduahs by the way, just a general comment.

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by zayyadoski(m): 6:02am On Sep 01, 2016
see the guy is already dead you guys should pray for him as his parents and forget unnecessary publicity. wic one come be proper burial again?.....to me this is just a stupid excuse from d father
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by justmenoni: 6:06am On Sep 01, 2016
Cases like these are one of the reason why divorce is very bad.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 01, 2016
wagazala:

Imagine your download stopping at 99%. Na then you go sabi say 1% get power. grin

o boy!!! ur quote na bomb.....it happened to me like that, imagine after 299mb out of 300 just 1% left and I lost everything .
no second chance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Sharing Food To Physically Challenged People In Aso Rock / FG Orders Immediate Closure Of Enrolment Activities At NIMC Headquarters / Governor Yahaya Bello Divorces Hafiza, His 3rd Wife. Honoured By Women Group

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.