Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,890 members, 7,889,934 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:52 AM

My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. (1298 Views)

My Wish , Who Can Do This ??? / My Wish For Foluke Forming Hard To Get / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by chrishenzo: 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2009
A few days ago, I was watching a modeling program with my girlfriend, and all of a sudden, I told her that I would like to give that a trial. I will look for a modeling company and see what they can offer. I was looking for some encouragement from her but to my greatest surprise, she said that she is not in support of it.

When I asked her why, she said that she is afraid things might change if I happen to secure one. I tried to make her understand that it is just a trial, but she is strongly against it. We have always shear dreams together before we stick to it. I'm thinking of doing it secretly. Do you think it is a kind of betrayer?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2009
i understand why she's doing it. she loves you to the point that she doesn't want other
people being able to drool over you. she's obviously a good girl. you have to really look at it from
her view and ask yourself if things were the other way around, if you'd like her showing off everything?
but if this is something you've always wanted before even knowing her, i guess you can't let her stand in your way
and you have to do whats right for you and what will make you most happy in the end. maybe you two can think of a
compromise so both of you can be happy? come to a decision. but think real hard.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Shola2009(m): 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2009
I think every girl that wants the best for her man,would want him to follow his dreams and do what what makes him happy(even going to a strip bar with his buddies,once in a while grin).that being said,i think you should just go ahead and do it jorr!! afterall when the money comes,na two of you go chop am wink
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2009
Can we see photographic evidence please? tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Shola2009(m): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2009
^^ lol, cheesy grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by angel72(f): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2009
My fiancee has the same opportunity, even got contacted by a magazine to put his picture in it. Offcourse i am proud that they want to do that, but on the other side i am afraid that things might change between us. Thinking of other girls looking at him in a special way makes me shiver. Would even make me feel that i could loose him anytime to one of them. But if your in a serious relationship and it's a stable one you have to trust eachother. So i told him to go ahead with it, and now he is the one having doubts if he should/would do it, maybe i should call that reversed psychology? lol  grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by JCzAr(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2009
You just watched it on TV and loved it instantly? That sure can happen but you can't force it down her throat to like it because it was never one of your dreams before you both started the relationship, you just picked it on the way. Also, be honest with yourself, would you have supported her if she had said "Oh, I love Ini Edo, I'd love to try my hands on acting,"? If you will without doubts towards her, find a way to convince her, but if you won't, don't bother talking about it again. If you do it behind her back, she finds out, and she breaks up with you, don't blame it on her; you'll have been treacherous when you do that.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Seun(m): 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2009
It's not love, it's selfishness.  Aka possessiveness.  
Fear of losing you and having to deal with loneliness.

If her action was based on love, she would want the best for you.
Even if the best for you means she might not own you forever.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by baekdoosan(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2009
Male models are gay! Do something manly.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by sweetpie23: 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2009
you must be very sick in love to listen to her. tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by angel72(f): 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2009
very immature answers here, male models are gay and you must be very sick in love to listen to her, guess the first one hasn't got the skills to ever become a model and the second one can't even get a girlfriend, help the guy out with some usefull advice instead people,
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Hardeybolah: 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2009
Dis is ur relationship ur talking abt here,dnt make d worse mistake of ur life n later blame it on odas bcuz u askd 4it.since she is ur grlfrnd u knw her beta,y nt talk her into aceptin if u rily want 2do dis.u guys shud cum 2geda n tink abt it n cum 2a beta compromise wink
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by WarfyBoy(m): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2009
if the girl realy love u like she claims, then she will not oppose to your progress.

Wha if you get contract abroad, how will she take that?

mem, any girl that wants to tie u down in the name of love is obviosly an enemy of progress
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Kommentato(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Can we see photographic evidence please? tongue

grin grin grin Lol that's so funny, Ebonyeyessss jor ooooo.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by chika98: 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2009
baekdoosan:

Male models are gay! Do something manly.
Did you even bother to read the thread?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by tunyus(m): 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2009
na inferiority complex they worry the girl
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by mamagee6(f): 11:32pm On Oct 04, 2009
Modelling ko, Modelling ni. tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by koolchicco: 12:04am On Oct 05, 2009
chika98:

Did you even bother to read the thread?

I no even try'am at all. *sighing*
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by MUZBO(m): 2:41am On Oct 05, 2009
@poster, your gf sucks but I'm sure you already know that.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Nezan(m): 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2009
Try getting married the girl first. Staying with her is sin before God.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Shola2009(m): 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2009
^^^wtf speak english
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Shola2009(m): 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2009
^^^wtf speak english
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by desthan(m): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2009
not even yr wife but girlfriend, nawa for this kind dumbo, is that your definition of love?? i smell insecurity on her part. How about when you quit the modeling thing then she dumps you for another dumbo undecided, bera wake up and splash some realities on your face and make her realize that this is what you want, it's either she's in or out, meanwhile lets see your picture to really ascertain your looks wink
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 06, 2009
undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 06, 2009
But she'll ask 4 more monie. undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by IYANGBALI: 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2009
abeg go for what you want in life man and dont let the babe slow you down,how you dey sure say she go even marry you self abeg go model jo
Re: My Girlfriend Is Against My Wish To Apply For Modelling. by sweetpie23: 8:37am On Oct 15, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Help! Solution Is Needed / Red Cab Rates / The Best Girl I Ever Knew Just Walked Out Of My Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.