Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,868 members, 7,876,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:20 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6310666 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Stop your charade oga, kiswahili is an African tongue. Show me a language with 100% pure words. Have you ever opened a dictionary on Australian English and seen words like boomerang, dingo and the different meaning of the word "station ". The birth place of kiswahili is the East African coast stretching from Lamu in Kenya to Sofala in Mozambique, with all the islands in between included. Does this answer you?

The analogical difference here is that English never evolved due to intterracial mixing and contact but swahili did. It's not like swahili was already existing before the contact of the Bantus with the arabs & persians. No, it wasn't!

Nobody is arguing the location of the birthplace of swahili, what we are saying is that swahili would never have come to exists if not for arab, persian & indian contact (foreigners) with the Bantu locals.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hati13:
Kenya, my beautiful neighbor. cheesy
Kenyans, keep the pics coming. I'm mesmerized by Kenya beauty.

Question - natural beauty wise, who would win between Ethiopia vs Kenya for you?

Mine is Ethiopia cool
Ethiopia is the most beautiful country in Africa and among the most beautiful in the world. cool
Ethiopia wins on that bro but don't brag too much about it grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
mtis:

Is the land soo poor coz 400 m is a lot of money
That is the problem, Nigeria is not poor, it should be a super power, but it's thesame cluelessness, corruption, mismanagement, and religious fanaticism that makes her punch far below her weight. So to answer your question, yes the land is poor but there is money to spend, that's the irony.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
freshest4live:

It's thesame with the Indians, the official language is English, you do not expect us to have a single indigenous language, given the fact that we speak over 500 languages. But l agree, it is crazy fighting over religion especially foreign ones.

Hindi is now a co-official language is India and the central govt is working fervently to establish Hindi as the unifying tongue of all Indians. This has worked to an extent and the language is now penetrating Southern India, West Bengal & Punjab (which were the major obstacle areas to the complete linguistic Hindinization of India). However, Hindi may never penetrate states like Tamil Nadu. So u are right in your explanation to TayserMahiri. English holds India together, just like Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kaylinda: 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
freshest4live:

The traditional is even more exciting and colorful to me.

Yes it is
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
freshest4live:

You are wrong, some of the women we admire the most are dark skinned, such as ... Genievive Nnaji(arguably Nigeria's most celebrated actress), Jackie Appiah from Ghana ( most beloved Ghanian actress by Nigerians even in the midst of beautiful light skinned Nadia Buhari of Ghana), The black lady in 2face's hit song African queen(she is dark with low hair cut), the list goes on and on.
The dark skin girl is called vyonne jegede
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
TayserMahiri:

See, it was about Africa I dont know why you went to India to justify your case. We Kenyans boast of Swahili as both a national and official language. More people speak Swahili than English. In the language aspect alone, we are more African than you are, considering those of you from different tribes have to converse in English (or pidgin, its corrupted version).

Africa and India had similar colonial histories. So, nothing wrong in juxtaposing them for comparisons
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
freshest4live:

That is the problem, Nigeria is not poor, it should be a super power, but it's thesame cluelessness, corruption, mismanagement, and religious fanaticism that makes her punch far below her weight. So to answer your question, yes the land is poor but thebre is money to spend, that's the irony.
That's like 1m $ ..can build a school or an hospital some where..is it genetics or curse or just bad luck that weird stuff happens in Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kaylinda: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
Kenyans here are being very hypocritical from what i am observing

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
kaylinda:
Kenyans here are being very hypocritical from what i am observing
In which way Sir
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Oxtonguy: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
mtis:

In which way Sir
In all sense.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
mtis:

Ethiopia wins on that bro but don't brag too much about it grin grin
I will not wenedem.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
More Nigerian actors (best n most handsome in Africa) cheesy

Benjamin Lugo
Enyinna Nwigwe
Richard Mofe Damijo
Ifeanyi Kalu (left)

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nigerian actors/entertainers (movie premiere) smiley

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
TayserMahiri:

In Kenya, with two English names you would find it hard to ascend to presidency. Goodluck would never have been president in Kenya unless he promoted his other african names and discarded the european ones. Corazon is just one name, she has other two African.

****So are you saying Kenyans promote discrimination against one another based on names? shocked
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Even untill recently, Swahili was still more widely spoken than English. You are trying to make it sound like Kenya is a homogenous society. We have all major groups in kenya and were it not for authorities promoting Swahili, we would not be as simple as you make it sound. As someone told you, even if the whole of the east africa and the horn was Kenya, we would still speak swahili

Stop telling lies and making yourself look stupid. Do you think Swahili could have ever displaced or affected large languages/ethnic groups like Somalis, Amharas & Oromos who have always had completely different kingdoms, histories, ways of writing e.t.c if you guys were in one country?
Why did swahili fail in southern Uganda? As much as Idi Amin tried to enforce swahili on all Ugandans, it backfired, till today Luganda remains the lingua franca of southern Uganda and the capital city Kampala and most southern ugandas view swahili speakers stereotypically, seeing swahili as a military language of opression.

Let swahili work in the entire Uganda first and then you can bluff about Horn africans. Do u think u are talking to fools and illiterates here?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
genieluv:

****So are you saying Kenyans promote discrimination against one another based on names? shocked

Not at all but when it comes to the institution of presidency thats a different matter. Peter Kenneth is a very popular politician who stood during the last general election. He was asked about his names during the presidential debate because there was a feeling of doubt about him. Do you guys even have a presidential debate?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nowenuse:

Stop telling lies and making yourself look stupid. Do you think Swahili could have ever displaced or affected large languages/ethnic groups like Somalis, Amharas & Oromos who have always had completely different kingdoms, histories, ways of writing e.t.c if you guys were in one country?
Why did swahili fail in southern Uganda? As much as Idi Amin tried to enforce swahili on all Ugandans, it backfired, till today Luganda remains the lingua franca of southern Uganda and the capital city Kampala and most southern ugandas view swahili speakers stereotypically, seeing swahili as a military language of opression.

Let swahili work in the entire Uganda first and then you can bluff about Horn africans. Do u think u are talking to fools and illiterates here?

Why do you always sound worked up? I am saying if those regions were under Kenya, not under whatever jurisdictions they are now. Were you expecting people to accept a language imposed on them by a terrible dictator like Idi Amin? You gotta have strategy and a good approach. Uganda is still under dictatorship. If Uganda was in kenya they would have spoken swahili long ago all of them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nowenuse:

is that your wish coz the opposite is happening dude..Swahili is taking over
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
genieluv:

lol, same thing we all said. Alas, the kenyans couldn't argue any further on beauty n we won. lol.

****Good idea (Nigerian men) cheesy. Since this thread is already getting boring, let me make it colourful with famous Nigerian men. I bet the ladies will love it. Cc fanficgirl
Let me also tease some guys cheesy Nairobiwalker n TayserMahiri

~~Meet the most handsome n hottest movie actors in Africa~~

Alex Ekubo
Michael Godson
Gbenro Ajibade
Yul Edochie

Back, wait are really back on beauty? Hahaha you won't let this matter rest. I admire your patriotism thoughts. Gbenro Ajibade is the best
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Why do you always sound worked up? I am saying if those regions were under Kenya, not under whatever jurisdictions they are now. Were you expecting people to accept a language imposed on them by a terrible dictator like Idi Amin? You gotta have strategy and a good approach. Uganda is still under dictatorship. If Uganda was in kenya they would have spoken swahili long ago all of them
Somalis from somalia are learning Swahili of late.you need to know Swahili to handle business well in East Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Not at all but when it comes to the institution of presidency thats a different matter. Peter Kenneth is a very popular politician who stood during the last general election. He was asked about his names during the presidential debate because there was a feeling of doubt about him. Do you guys even have a presidential debate?
Nop they don't..its a western thingy so its bad grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
mtis:

Somalis from somalia are learning Swahili of late.you need to know Swahili to handle business well in East Africa

As soon as our colonial escapades are done, they will be speaking Swahili. Most Somalis have actually loved kenyans and how they handle matters since our forces went there. Is Jubaland speaking swahili?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
fanficgirl:

Back, wait are really back on beauty? Hahaha you won't let this matter rest. I admire your patriotism thoughts. Gbenro Ajibade is the best
Fanfic gal how's trump ?? grin grin
mtis:

Nop they don't..its a western thingy so its bad grin

I forgot
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
TayserMahiri:

As soon as our colonial escapades are done, they will be speaking Swahili. Most Somalis have actually loved kenyans and how they handle matters since our forces went there. Is Jubaland speaking swahili?
Swahili in a way is like English language..to survive in the world today ya got know English.same applies to Swahili.ya got know it to survive in East Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kaylinda: 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2017
mtis:

In which way Sir

I am a lady please. You guys were trying to degrade genieluv's postings and exhalt yours as a standard and you were also degrading Nigerian pidgin english and exhalting swahili which also evolved like a pidgin.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
TayserMahiri:

So now tell us how kenyans have copied everything from the west and abandoned all our ways. You were so firery on the kind of events we hold.

Holly you guys do not promote cultural events, occasions, exhibitions, arts, dance & cultural displays, cultural festivals & carnivals and even cultural sports.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
mtis:

Fanfic gal how's trump ?? grin grin
He's looking sad these days grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
kaylinda:

I am a lady please. You guys were trying to degrade genieluv's postings and exhalt yours as a standard and you were also degrading Nigerian pidgin english and exhalting swahili which also evolved like a pidgin.
Sorry about that Madam..we not degrading pidgin..naija pidgin is to English what sheng is to Swahili..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
fanficgirl:

He's looking sad these days grin
He is an old guy go slow on him grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
genieluv:

Kk, bring your own list. This is the one i have acess to and it covered the demographics for 2010-15 (5 years).
There is no basis of comparison please. Look at Jigawa, Zamfara, Kebbi, Sokoto, Yobe, Borno e.t.c

*****Running away from the truth will not help you n just as nowenuse said, you are an enlightened person and you need to help your people cos they seem to be missing it.

Lolz! But r these only d core northern states? See, am not arguing abt Jigawa, yobe, kebbi etc comparable to Benue or Jos with u guys... You r d one who brought d Kano ND Jos stuff. Your is dat, u like jumping from d initial argument to something else entirelygrin

In life, everytin is abt interest just away u have interest on guys with muscular statue.

The are many core north Muslims who r more enlighten than you and I respectively.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.