Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:25 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6309323 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArtanK(m): 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
PissedYagami:

I am just a realist mate. I wish Somalia well but I dont see that happening anytime soon, sorry bruh

Naah mate, you'd get your panties in a twist if someone was that negative about your country of origin.

Luckily for the Somali people, your ill wishes won't change their promising future.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
Marcelo290:
400 million? dafuk.! Why don't these people borrow a leaf from their fellow Muslim counterparts in Places like Dubai and other developing Islam nations? they are extremists more than those who even brought the religion to them... Education! Education! what this people really need, those who grew up in the South don't have this wack mindset, my major problem with them is that they are drawing other progressing regions back!

Only stupidity would make someone to waste his life with a bomb, their elites wouldn't go unpunished for this wicked acts..

Southern and middlebelt elites are equally very corrupt but the masses chose to take their destinies in their own hands to a large extent and develop themselves.
Core-northerners are just naturally dumb religious extremists with a very destructive culture.

Let them continue with their stupidity. A time will come when all other Nigerians will be equally fed up with them and then some decisions will have to be made.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
ArtanK:

Naah mate, you'd get your panties in a twist if someone was that negative about your country of origin.

Luckily for the Somali people, your ill wishes won't change their promising future.

As much optimistic as you want to be for your people, be realistic. Somalia does not have a future the way things are.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
9jakool:

So Fulanis are native to Nafada? The other ethnic group in Nafada-Bajoga are Ngamo.

Yes they are and i think they are the majority.
Yes, Ngamo and some others i think.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Oxtonguy: 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
See what this Ukrainian got to say about Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QufyC5aS24Q
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArtanK(m): 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nowenuse:

As much optimistic as you want to be for your people, be realistic. Somalia does not have a future the way things are.

And why is that? I just came from there almost 2 months ago and I'm going back in 2 weeks time.

These are the reasons for the optimism

- new government that has public support
- over 50 high ranking Al Shabaab leaders have given themselves in after Farmaajo became prez
- there has been a pledge to support the SNA so we can finally move past the Amisom era.
- the new government had pledged to revive the fishing agriculture sectors in recently liberated regions who are the breadbasket of Somalia.
- newly established local admins in South-west, Hiran-Shabella and Benadir regions and thus completing the federalisation process.
- 40,000 new jobs created for the youth and the government has pledged to create 100,000 more to stop the youngsters from leaving the country.
- holistic revamp of the armed forces with the help of the Turkish government and the EU.
- Mogadishu regaining some of its beauty as the diaspora (like myself) are returning to the country and taking part in rebuilding it. Even Kenyan Somali companies are on course to expand, if not fully relocate to Somalia.

That plus a whole lot more..

Remember 5 years ago, the capital was a no-go zone and the country was a failed state. Well it is no longer a failed state, it is recovering gradually. You can't fix problems that have accumulated for 25 years in a split second. The signs of improvement that we have seen so far is the reason for so much optimism and hope.

It's super easy to ignore all of that and say there is no hope or it will never recover from your house in wherever... You don't see the struggle people are going through to revive this once great nation. It will prove doubters wrong and they'll be forced to eat their words.

Dhulka iyo dadka Somaliyeed ha noladaan.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2017
nemesis2u:

no offense but i beg to differ ,

India is one of the very few civilizations to have a continuous civilizational and cultural existence in one form or the other since prehistoric times , 200 years colonial rule was just a small factor in India's 10000+ years existence.

it is very selfish and biased to compare a country only for its 200 years under colonial rule and ignore the rest,

why nit pick , isnt it a case of being prejudice and obfuscation of facts to suits ones point of view ?

i don't think there is any similarities between Africa and India at any point. Indian history is totally different from African history.

reason being both r unique and different totally when compared to each other.

my generalized perspective (not country specific) below

one reason which i find very sad to note is Africa (post colonial rule) never seriously charted and pursued it own cultural identify, inspite of ample opportunities, without the pride of ownership in ones own African centric religion, way of life , culture , script , literature etc it is difficult to inspire future generations of Africans.

no offense but Africans left their own way of life, culture and their religion and adopted others culture and religion more or less.

why do u think china India japan Korea etc r in a better position ?

"When the missionaries arrived, the Africans had the land and the missionaries had the Bible. They taught us how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land." Jomo Kenyatta president of Kenya.

this follow got the issue right by the balls.

Africa had everything from resources to manpower etc to claim its rightful place in the world but unfortunately squandered it away.

much of the blame lies on the African themselves , look at the discussions here on this thread people r busy shitting on each other rather than find common grounds of mutual interest and welfare.

and u all want to become giants in the world SMH . people divided among themselves can never provide the foundation for a strong culture/country/continent/race etc .

lack of common ground / mutual interest in terms of religion / culture / language / way of life etc and importantly solidarity brotherhood and pride of ownership r the biggest hurdles that faces present and future generations of africa.

it is kind of sad really lots of potential wasted and squandered away.

Whoaaaaa shocked . I never knew there was an Indian on nairaland. ..... Namaste smiley

Thanks for your contribution here. More will be appreciated.

We cannot really compare India historically with Africa of cos. India had united kingdoms and empires in the past giving the people a similar, shared history, culture and traditions. Africans on the other hand never did.

Africa is also bigger and far more diverse than India.

And pls, you seem to be ranting in your words condeming Africa as if India is a first world country. How progressive is India today? Can't you see your mates like China?

You are also talking about religion as if half of your own people were not islamized and abandoned their cultures for Islam. You guys even fought religious wars with each other and had to divide (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh).
And please, Africans have not forgotten or abandoned their cultures or languages, that is very false/wrong. We still practice ours well.
We never really developed our own writing scripts (except for the Horn africans, Ethiopians especially) and they still use theirs till date as their official script of writing.

Indians were just luckier than Africans that the British chose to administrate them as one entity unlike Africans that were divided among the European colonialists.

India is a 3rd world country and is almost no different from Africa other than the fact that it enjoys more political stability.

You also have no rights to castigate Africans from comparing each other. Southern and Northern Indians do compare themselves. What about Pakistan, Bangladesh, India & Sri lanka? How united are you guys?? An Indian has no right to lecture africans on anything please.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
nemesis2u:

wrong

English does not hold India, Indian languages holds India which have their place of origin in India/places of Indian influence.

There is no national language as declared by the Constitution of India.

Hindi and English are used for official purposes such as parliamentary proceedings, judiciary, communications between the Central Government and a State Government.

State governments within India have the liberty and powers to specify their own official languages through legislation and therefore there are 22 officially recognized languages in India.

English is used as a secondary/tertiary language if no other option exists.

one day hopefully Sanskrit will take its rightful place in India

Why don't you tell us about the riots which ensued when northern Indians tried forcing Hindi as the sole official language of India?

Tell us how the Southern Indians, Bengalis and Punjabis rejected Hindi as an official language and why till date Tamilians forbid speaking Hindi in Tamil Nadu?

Most Southern Indians prefer to use English as their lingua franca and inter-ethnic language, do you wish to deny this?

Don't think that because we are Africans hence most of us don't know what happens in India.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
ArtanK:

And why is that? I just came from there almost 2 months ago and I'm going back in 2 weeks time.

These are the reasons for the optimism

- new government that has public support
- over 50 high ranking Al Shabaab leaders have given themselves in after Farmaajo became prez
- there has been a pledge to support the SNA so we can finally move past the Amisom era.
- the new government had pledged to revive the fishing agriculture sectors in recently liberated regions who are the breadbasket of Somalia.
- newly established local admins in South-west, Hiran-Shabella and Benadir regions and thus completing the federalisation process.
- 40,000 new jobs created for the youth and the government has pledged to create 100,000 more to stop the youngsters from leaving the country.
- holistic revamp of the armed forces with the help of the Turkish government and the EU.
- Mogadishu regaining some of its beauty as the diaspora (like myself) are returning to the country and taking part in rebuilding it. Even Kenyan Somali companies are on course to expand, if not fully relocate to Somalia.

That plus a whole lot more..

Remember 5 years ago, the capital was a no-go zone and the country was a failed state. Well it is no longer a failed state, it is recovering gradually. You can't fix problems that have accumulated for 25 years in a split second. The signs of improvement that we have seen so far is the reason for so much optimism and hope.

It's super easy to ignore all of that and say there is no hope or it will never recover from your house in wherever... You don't see the struggle people are going through to revive this once great nation. It will prove doubters wrong and they'll be forced to eat their words.

Dhulka iyo dadka Somaliyeed ha noladaan.

Okay, this is good news. Let's hope something positive will come out.

What about Somaliland? Most people will never see any recovery of Somalia until Somaliland merges with Somalia-Mogadishu as one country. Will there be any re-merging anytime soon?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
mtis:

Huh !! Bobrisky before and after bleaching
You can't bleach away ugliness grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArtanK(m): 12:09am On Jun 18, 2017
Nowenuse:

What about Somaliland? Most people will never see any recovery of Somalia until Somaliland merges with Somalia-Mogadishu as one country. Will there be any re-merging anytime soon?

I've got close family from Somaliland and they've repeatedly said that a proper reconciliation between all parties is enough for them to abandon their quest for secession. All it takes is the right approach and this current regime looks like it will kick-start the initiative.

Even if the talks reveal that they're adamant and won't budge on seceding from Somalia, it would be nice to see another stable Somali country in the horn, aside from Djibouti, Ethiopia and Kenya.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArtanK(m): 12:13am On Jun 18, 2017
fanficgirl:

What a lie IMO. Some Southern Somalians speak it because they are actually bantu. What Somalis are speaking it? Believing Swahali will be the lingua in all of East Africa is a pipe dream. And what arrogance to expect Ethiopians to adopt Swahali when Ahmaric has been with them for centuries undecided.

Only a small fraction of southern Somalis are Bantu and they speak either the May dialect of the Somali language or their own Bantu language that they've held onto ever since their ancestors were kidnapped from Tanzania/Mozambique.

The only Somalis that actually speak Swahili are the Kenyan Somalis and the Barawani/Bajuni people with their own dialects.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArtanK(m): 12:25am On Jun 18, 2017
Nowenuse:

Stop telling lies and making yourself look stupid. Do you think Swahili could have ever displaced or affected large languages/ethnic groups like Somalis, Amharas & Oromos who have always had completely different kingdoms, histories, ways of writing e.t.c if you guys were in one country?

I would love to learn Swahili for personal gains, but only after learning Amharic fully. I already speak Somali, Arabic, German, French and English. Speaking these languages has helped me enormously, especially in my organisation where it has enabled me to communicate and deal with a wide range of people. Adding Amharic and Swahili to it would be the icing on the cake. I'm already in the process of learning basic Amharic as I'm in Ethiopia a lot.

Believe it or not, Ethiopia is actually our biggest business partner and will continue to be so. While we have the ports and oil, they have the raw materials and a robust agricultural system. Anyone who says that Swahili would benefit Somalis more than Amharic or even Arabic while we're at it, is basically lying to themselves and to you.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 18, 2017
x
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 18, 2017
this is a interesting story from ancient Rig Veda

the tale later became well known in Europe, with 19th century American poet John Godfrey Saxe creating his own version as a poem

Blind Men and the Elephant – A Poem by John Godfrey Saxe

It was six men of Indostan,
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, -"Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear,
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!"

The Third approach'd the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," -quoth he- "the Elephant
Is very like a snake!"

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,
And felt about the knee:
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," -quoth he,-
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said- "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
"I see," -quoth he,- "the Elephant
Is very like a rope!"
And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

MORAL,

So, oft in theologic wars
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean;
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

i will just leave it here grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 18, 2017
ednited:

Why are terrorists called muslim extremists?? ?? ?? It means they are saying the T are muslims undecided
Aren't they?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:24am On Jun 18, 2017
Hati13:

How are you? smiley

I agree with you, it's unrealistic for Swahili to be the de facto language of the future East African state when the likes of Amharic with it alphabet is present.

Wenedem TayserMahiri, mtis and NairobiWalker, at least let there be an election for this. Please please please........please cry
Hahahaha I'm great cheesy. I agree what he said kind of annoyed me lol. Isn't Amharic older tham Swahali?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 5:40am On Jun 18, 2017
nemesis2u:
this is a interesting story from ancient Rig Veda

the tale later became well known in Europe, with 19th century American poet John Godfrey Saxe creating his own version as a poem

Blind Men and the Elephant – A Poem by John Godfrey Saxe

It was six men of Indostan,
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, -"Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear,
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!"

The Third approach'd the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," -quoth he- "the Elephant
Is very like a snake!"

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,
And felt about the knee:
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," -quoth he,-
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said- "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
"I see," -quoth he,- "the Elephant
Is very like a rope!"
And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

MORAL,

So, oft in theologic wars
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean;
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

i will just leave it here grin grin grin grin

X
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:59am On Jun 18, 2017
fanficgirl:

Hahahaha I'm great cheesy. I agree what he said kind of annoyed me lol. Isn't Amharic older tham Swahali?

Swahili is the youngest language on the African continent yet the most widely spoken African language. It's not about age dear. Even English is the youngest language in Europe.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 6:47am On Jun 18, 2017
Nowenuse:

The analogical difference here is that English never evolved due to intterracial mixing and contact but swahili did. It's not like swahili was already existing before the contact of the Bantus with the arabs & persians. No, it wasn't!

Nobody is arguing the location of the birthplace of swahili, what we are saying is that swahili would never have come to exists if not for arab, persian & indian contact (foreigners) with the Bantu locals.
Wrong on both counts. English was and is a very complex language that has undergone immense grammatical mutation from French, Danish,Old Norse and Latin . Words for personal pronouns like them, theirs are from Danish and common conjugation vary very much from the original language of the tribes that invaded England.This is why English is so difficult to master, there is no general trends, you just have to master it as you go. Its grammar is incredibly difficult and the verb conjugation is crazy. Kiswahili in its structure and syntax is Bantu. And it's been standardized and has few deviations from the established nirm in forming verb forms .Period. It has a lot of borrowed words esp those pertaining to religion and objects not found in Africa.

The native tribes who wandered into the East African coast during the migration periods were a group whose languages were so closely related they had no difficulty understanding each other. In fact they had begun a process of banding together to form a larger group and began to call themselves waNgozi and their language kiNgozi. As a mater of fact, the more old school folks among native waSwahili call the language kiNgozi. Some others preferred to band together under a different banner and called themselves the MijiKenda. In fact the mijikenda dialects are so close to kiswahili, most foreigners can't tell them apart. The middle east traders who came had to adapt and spoke kiNgozi. They brought new words and ideas(Islam).

Before the middle eastern traders landed on the shores of East Africa the people they found were itinerant and in the process of ethnogenesis. They just jumped into the mix. As time went on their trade caravans spread throughout the East African interior and since Swahili traders were the main source of foreign goods, many interior peoples interracted with them in their language. That's how Swahili grew, as a language of trade, much like Malay was the language of trade in the East Indies. Long before the colonial era.
Fact check.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 7:06am On Jun 18, 2017
embarassed
ArtanK:

I've got close family from Somaliland and they've repeatedly said that a proper reconciliation between all parties is enough for them to abandon their quest for secession. All it takes is the right approach and this current regime looks like it will kick-start the initiative.

Even if the talks reveal that they're adamant and won't budge on seceding from Somalia, it would be nice to see another stable Somali country in the horn, aside from Djibouti, Ethiopia and Kenya.
I wish the day will come when we have a stable Somalia where progress is the norm. But let's face it : as presently constituted it cannot be considered a functional entity. Alot of work goes into creating a nation state that isn't present in Somalia as i write this. Think of creating a civil service, an education system, utilities, a banking sector, an administrative superstructure, a judiciary, disciplined forces, transportation and communication network, and a unified and recognised authority throughput the entire geography of the country. Just to mention a few. All these sorely lacking in today's Somalia.
Wishing you the best because a stable and prosperous somalia is a boost to all its neighbours.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 18, 2017
Only a person who has no understanding of language structure and specifically Bantu languages can equate Swahili to pidgin.

I once attended a meeting with some Pokomo in Tsna River who preferred to express themselves in their tongue. We did not even need an interpreter because it just sounded like a version of Kiswahili with just afew changes on the prefixes.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 18, 2017
Nowenuse:

EAC federation will forever be a pipe dream. You guys cannot even develop a common/united entertainment industry, let alone a merged economy/federation and you want people to take you serious.

Wakenya Wajanja (in tanzanian accent). cheesy

Lol, wakenya wajanja means Kenyans are clever people. Thats what Tanzanians say
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:26am On Jun 18, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2017
ArtanK:

Yes I would. Are you from Somalia?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2017
Oxtonguy:
See what this Ukrainian got to say about Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QufyC5aS24Q
He is just saying those things so that he can get into her panties man, People only know about scams and football when they talk about Nigiera

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2017
Nowenuse:

there is a higher chance of Ethiopia annexing that part than Somalia merging mate,

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 9:35am On Jun 18, 2017
ArtanK:

Only a small fraction of southern Somalis are Bantu and they speak either the May dialect of the Somali language or their own Bantu language that they've held onto ever since their ancestors were kidnapped from Tanzania/Mozambique.

The only Somalis that actually speak Swahili are the Kenyan Somalis and the Barawani/Bajuni people with their own dialects.
Some Somalis understand Swahili too, they come to Kenya once in a while. Kenya is like the leading power in East Africa, with a lot of economical interaction happening, Swahili will somehow grow in other East African countries, I know some Southern Ethiopians can speak and understand it
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2017
Hati13:

How are you? smiley

I agree with you, it's unrealistic for Swahili to be the de facto language of the future East African state when the likes of Amharic with it alphabet is present.

Wenedem TayserMahiri, mtis and NairobiWalker, at least let there be an election for this. Please please please........please cry
Swahili: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Comoros, DRC, some parts of Somalia, South Sudan, Mozambique etc
Amharic: Ethiopia
Its easier for Swahili to be de facto than Amharic. Plus there are more Ethiopians(mostly Oromos and Somalis) who come to Kenya than Kenyans who go to Ethiopia.
BTW this is a beautiful Swahili song from Rwanda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYZRVpk9uck
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 9:48am On Jun 18, 2017
Nowenuse:

Taking over Kenya & Tanzania. Let it become the lingua franca in Kampala first and displace Luganda and then we can talk.

Your swahili is even a useless language if you ask me. Why has it not united Kenyans? let alone East africans? Tribalism is still on rampage in Kenya. The distrust and despise between Tanzanians & Kenyans is still very much alive. The EAC has not worked.
Even Museveni speaks the language. A good number of Ugandans can speak it, some cannot speak it but can understand.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 10:05am On Jun 18, 2017
freshest4live:

But your Swahili is from the Arabs na,why not spread one of your Kenyan indigenous language? It's same scenario with pidgin and English, can't you see?
Swahili is Bantu, Bantu is African. It just has borrowed words. Same way English has french words. Languages borrow all the time
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by sHOTdownHawk: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2017
East Africa is not Eastern Africa.
Ethiopia is not in East Africa but in Eastern Africa.
EAC has five countries and Somalia, Ethiopia, South Sudan are not part of it. Ethiopia will never join EAC for obvious reason. So Swahili is pretty much on the rise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.