Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,155 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:39 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6337785 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
vivvianne:
Its bad enough that we have a few brainless ipob idiots and their mini-god (the Abia state lunatic named nnamdi) bringing shame on themselves, but outsiders doing it to us is very disheartening.

How would you feel if a Tigrayan Ethiopian went on a Kenyan forum and started unnecessarily insulting and denigrating Kenyans? We all want our countries to grow. I'm proud of Kenya, I'm happy Nairobi can give Joburg a run for its money. I'm thrilled that Muslims & Christians coexist peacefully in Sierra Leone.

I'm stunned that Sudan has an indigenous high-tech weapons manufacturing industry despite facing sanctions. I'm ecstatic that Zimbabwe has a higher literacy rate than many South American countries. In the same way, even while u guys find faults with us, also find positives. My own view.

Kenyans only cams here to set things straight. The insults were started by Nigerians.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
Muafrika2:

Conveniently, a Nigerian blog
Your male prostitutes are doing great BTW,
They have chapters! Chai shocked !!!

Obaboon must be one of those. His anus is always itchy.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by alexxo11(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
Who are those speaking swahili undecided enlighten me please.
even when you go to spain you will stil speak little bit of spanish....infact their swahili is too down....believe me..plus are they speaking or writingi can tell they are learning swahilil...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
rvp2017:
Lets take a breather from the insults and once again compare the budgets

2017 - Kenya budget is 26B USD - with about 15B usd collected from taxes and more from appropriation in aid(AID).
2017 - Nigeria budget is 24B USD.
2017 - South Africa budget around 90B USD

Based on Nigeria cooked GDP - it's budget should be around 120-150B - mostly collected from the economy.

How Nigeria pay teachers, doctors, civil servants,roads, all the gov services and still get some steal is one of world wonders.

What is 24BUSD for a country of nearly 200M peeps?

Naija need to wake up - next year if this slumber continues their federal budget will be 20B - while Kenya definitely will be 30BUSD.

You cannot eat cooked GDP figures. It cannot fill country vaults. It cannot help your treasury. It cannot help you state or federal gok pay for salaries for the army - you know Nigeria Major earn less than Kenyan private! Nigerian teacher probably earn 30-50 dollars a month while kenyan teachers earn 10 times that - 300 -400dollars.

Thank you. I have been trying to educate them all through but what do you expect from someone who calls himself obafool and another whose greatest point is 'Buhahaha!'.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
alexxo11:
even when you go to spain you will stil speak little bit of spanish....infact their swahili is too down....believe me..plus are they speaking or writingi can tell they are learning swahilil...
what are you saying? but na kenyan you be.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
TayserMahiri Habari za jiona?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
alexxo11:
its reallly wrong for that gerald to say that about nigerians....we dont consider you as inferior beings....that gerald is a nigerian ,i can bet you....he is just ashamed to be part of you....these people who pose as kenyans but are on nairaland on a daily basis are your people....please understand that
HMMMM!You might have a point there.One of them bi.fwoli was exposed as an igbo woman on another thread.But a number of the ones here are actually kenyans.I know you are irritated by the facts that they are wasting away on a Nigerian site but you know many kenyan youths are unemployed and bored.I think the jobless kenyans are the ones who have made nairaland their second home.Take yourself,for instance,you show up only once in a blue moon.I'm coming here for the first time today but your brothers woke up here.Anyway,we have them where we want them.We influence their thoughts.Even if they were nigerians,we wash our hands off them.We are ashamed of them.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
@rvp2017...you are mistaken.The 200m nigerians are not catered for by only the $24bn federal budget.Each of our 36 states generate its own revenue and fund projects.Even without federal allocation to lagos for 3years it weathered the storm.Lagos budget for this year is over $2billion.States on their own access international loan and aid.Oyo state has a budget of over $500m despite being one of our less viable states and having a smaller population than nairobi.We practice different types of systems.So basing your argument on our federal budget of $24bn for 200m people is flawed.America has a foreign reserve in excess of maybe a trillion dollars,why is it still indebted.The same reason why Nigeria has to borrow despite having a $34BN reserve.Government revenue in Nigeria is over $50bn despite a weak tax net,and in kenya is less than $10bn,still less than 1/4 of ours.Besides,corruption in Africa makes nonsense of budgets.How come ur gdp is just $65b?Btw,what are Nairobi and Mombasa's budgets?Tell us.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Lagos my city

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 6:41am On Oct 03, 2017
It not any different - Kenya has Counties and south Africa has provinces -with their own budgets - but all of them significantly depend on federal or national budget to survive. I know Nigeria system is federal while Kenya is devolved - so only 35% now get remitted to counties while national or federal gov remain with 65%. I wish you could get us state budges minus the federal allocation so we can know just how miniscule this giant is. As for foreign reserves - this is just the money you need to cover your import bill - kenya has 8B foreign reserves - Nigeria with all the oil has 30B usd?
obaaderemi:
@rvp2017...you are mistaken.The 200m nigerians are not catered for by only the $24bn federal budget.Each of our 36 states generate its own revenue and fund projects.Even without federal allocation to lagos for 3years it weathered the storm.Lagos budget for this year is over $2billion.States on their own access international loan and aid.Oyo state has a budget of over $500m despite being one of our less viable states and having a smaller population than nairobi.We practice different types of systems.So basing your argument on our federal budget of $24bn for 200m people is flawed.America has a foreign reserve in excess of maybe a trillion dollars,why is it still indebted.The same reason why Nigeria has to borrow despite having a $34BN reserve.Government revenue in Nigeria is over $50bn despite a weak tax net,and in kenya is less than $10bn,still less than 1/4 of ours.Besides,corruption in Africa makes nonsense of budgets.How come ur gdp is just $65b?Btw,what are Nairobi and Mombasa's budgets?Tell us.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:28am On Oct 03, 2017
rvp2017:
It not any different - Kenya has Counties and south Africa has provinces -with their own budgets - but all of them significantly depend on federal or national budget to survive. I know Nigeria system is federal while Kenya is devolved - so only 35% now get remitted to counties while national or federal gov remain with 65%. I wish you could get us state budges minus the federal allocation so we can know just how miniscule this giant is. As for foreign reserves - this is just the money you need to cover your import bill - kenya has 8B foreign reserves - Nigeria with all the oil has 30B usd?
Do you think recession is a child's play,our external reserve is now increasing.Let us recover fully from the recession and with our effort in investment in critical infrastructure like Rails,power, roads and aviation, Watch as Nigeria will Grow 5 times any country.
Our external reserves is now $33 billion,it's growing at a fast pace
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:28am On Oct 03, 2017
rvp2017:
Do you think recession is a child's play,our external reserve is now increasing.Let us recover fully from the recession and with our effort in investment in critical infrastructure like Rails,power, roads and aviation, Watch as Nigeria will Grow 5 times any country.

http://sunnewsonline.com/nigerias-external-reserves-hit-33bn-cbn/

You talked about import duty,Nigeria is really cutting down important.Example cars,agric products,etc.
We are already exporting more agric products,more mineral resources, cars,electric products,etc.
We already have plans to start exporting technology, to make the World know Nigeria is a Talented country.
We have learnt from the recession, states are now growing their IGR,Generating their own power like Calabar,Lagos, Edo,states from the North and many more
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:44am On Oct 03, 2017
rvp2017:
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:49am On Oct 03, 2017
@rvp
I didn't even know you are trying to molest Nigeria.Lagos Economy is bigger than the whole Kenya,at least Lagos is not the FCT again
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:58am On Oct 03, 2017
rvp2017:
You are always on about the 'giant' thing and our large GDP.I will oblige u & give you oyo state budget without federal input then you also give me nairobi budget with or without fed input.From federal govt,Oyo gets yearly about N72bn:$250M.Oyo budget is N200BN: about$600M.That's $350m without fed input.Give me Nairobi's.Remember I am using oyo and not lagos or Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 03, 2017
Friend of mine wanted to buy a laptop. We checked kilimall,jumia and other sites but not satisfied. We tried olx just in case an there we got something…A business in Nairobi was selling i7 for 28000...thats like 1/3 of the price...Hah we just wanted to confirm so we visited their office (downtown Nairobi)…surprise its owned by a Nigerian an the naija dude is the one who handles the selling (surprise again)..so I pulled little of naija stuff have learned in this forum (thanks guys grin) an we were buddies cool…so the guy was willing to sell the laptop at that price but also upgrade to 1tera storage capacity. Dude that is a direct show that it was stolen…my issues is that is really stupid. The guy was attracting unnecessary attention…we didn’t buy any coz that’s definitely stolen goods an also maybe cops are just waiting to pounce…anyway naijas be smart sometimes when handling your business in the land of champions…. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:33am On Oct 03, 2017
samsobo24:
@rvp
I didn't even know you are trying to molest Nigeria.Lagos Economy is bigger than the whole Kenya,at least Lagos is not the FCT again
They can't wrap their heads around simple things.Nigeria suffered a debilitating recession and multiple aftershocks and yet foreign reserve remains times 4 kenya's despite the massive looting of the previous government.What pains them is the fact that kenya's gdp is smaller than lagos gdp.And each time they come to Nairaland,they see this legend:OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA IS THE GIANT OF AFRICA.They go mad when they see it but they can't help coming to nairaland.Seun Osewa really knows how to rub it in.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2017
Nairobi

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 03, 2017

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 03, 2017
Make we see danfo with hydraulic lift kits like these code 254 nganyas.

See at 1:29 what danfos cannot even hope for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIIPW9FQ1CE
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 03, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Make we see danfo with hydraulic lift kits like these code 254 nganyas.

See at 1:29 what danfos cannot even hope for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIIPW9FQ1CE
You back ba? Nzuri sana. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:53am On Oct 03, 2017
Manufacturing PMI in Kenya fell to 42.00 from 48.10 and Mni Business Sentiment went down to 59.60 from 62.40 in Dec 2016.

Manufacturing PMI in Kenya all-time average stands at 52.58 and it's projection for Sep 2017 is 43.64. Mni Business Sentiment averaged 59.47 and is projected to be 58.7 in Feb 2017.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:55am On Oct 03, 2017
The Central Bank of Nigeria Manufacturing PMI rose to 55.3 in September 2017 from 53.6 in the previous month. The reading pointed to the fastest pace of expansion in the manufacturing sector since the series began in July 2014, boosted by stronger growth in production (up 1.4 points to 58.cool, new orders (up 1.2 points to 53.5) and employment (up 1.3 points to 52.cool. On the price front, input inflation accelerated while output prices rose at softer pace. Manufacturing Pmi in Nigeria averaged 49.01 from 2014 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 55.30 in September of 2017 and a record low of 41.90 in June of 2016.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
obaaderemi:
They can't wrap their heads around simple things.Nigeria suffered a debilitating recession and multiple aftershocks and yet foreign reserve remains times 4 kenya's despite the massive looting of the previous government.What pains them is the fact that kenya's gdp is smaller than lagos gdp.And each time they come to Nairaland,they see this legend:OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA IS THE GIANT OF AFRICA.They go mad when they see it but they can't help coming to nairaland.Seun Osewa really knows how to rub it in.
Mr man, i see that things haven't changed much. I just want to say, i lost the stamina for mindless sustained bullshitting and empty chest thumping long ago. A large paper GDP, yes. A real and booming economy, NO. A better life quality, NO. Stronger democratic institutions, NO. When ,or for what reason, will you find kenyans flocking to 9ja en masse? Certainly not now, or ever. Oga, visit the BBC website and look for a link to a podcast where Nigerians are crossing the Sahara to reach Libya in order to get on a deathtrap masquerading as a boat, all in order to get TO Europe and AWAY from big GDP Nigeria. Very very heart rending tales of those migrants and a bombshell indictment of the TRUE state of big GDP Nigeria. In the year of our lord 2017 there are even buying slaves in Libya. Nigerians being bought and sold by those heartless desert dwellers like goats and sheep. It seems like you guys don't value a human life, what kind of GIant allows such BS in 2017 ? They will go anywhere as long as they are as far away from Nigeria as possible. Every time I read on the travel section people asking each other how to go" hustle" in places as strange as Faroe islands and even PNG. My God! 9ja peeps are all over Nairobi and Mombasa acting like this is their grandma's cattle kraal. Some are even in the smaller towns like Ruai where they are busy stabbing each other at point blank range because of money. I mean if someone owes you cash, will killing him solve the problem? Our people aren't used to this kind of crazy, please coman take your brothers away, let us be mumu, but not crazy. I went to donholm last week and my sister and her husband were complaining about the noisy and rude nigerians all over the place and how they are preying or being preyed upon by women of easy virtue, thereby lowering the moral standards of the area. Ask yourself, can people from a big GDP country be flying 2,000 miles across Africa to do small time hustles? Is that a country to admire?
Large GDP my blue arse! Create a functional and functioning entity that is the envy of all, then we can talk GIant. Remember the words of Leopold Senghor who said a tiger does not proclaim its tigritude, it just roars.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
I see. Nairobi budget is around 300m usd - most of Kenya's 47 counties operate on around 100-200M USD budget. And as you well know unlike Nigeria states - our counties have limited functions - they can't even borrow or have deficit budget. The central GOK shares out 35% of collected taxes (about 15B Usd) - so in total counties shares 3-4B usd; so the National Gov of Kenya remain with 22B for paying teachers, army and building roads.Nigeria has federal budget of 20B - with majority being allocation to the states - so at end of the day - the federal GoK of Nigeria is left with very little to do anything serious.

As for federal reserves...with all the oil...earning you forex...you 30B usd is a joke. Kenya has no oil...but it boast of 8B forex reserves...enough to cover 4-5 months of imports. Is Nigeria 30B enough to cover imports - considering Nigeria basically import everything. If the answer is yes - why is USD dollar on black market selling for 400 nairas? Why is naira so unstable against foreign currency. KSHS is very stable.

obaaderemi:
You are always on about the 'giant' thing and our large GDP.I will oblige u & give you oyo state budget without federal input then you also give me nairobi budget with or without fed input.From federal govt,Oyo gets yearly about N72bn:$250M.Oyo budget is N200BN: about$600M.That's $350m without fed input.Give me Nairobi's.Remember I am using oyo and not lagos or Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
What recession. You have dummy economy that depend entirely on OIL and swings with oil prices? Kenya has very well diversified economy - why can't Nigeria build an economy that doesn't sway with global oil prices? How can you invest in infrastructure with 20B USD budget smiley smiley is that even enough to pay decent salaries?
samsobo24:

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Mr man, i see that things haven't changed much. I just want to say, i lost the stamina for mindless sustained bullshitting and empty chest thumping long ago. A large paper GDP, yes. A real and booming economy, NO. A better life quality, NO. Stronger democratic institutions, NO. When ,or for what reason, will you find kenyans flocking to 9ja en masse? Certainly not now, or ever. Oga, visit the BBC website and look for a link to a podcast where Nigerians are crossing the Sahara to reach Libya in order to get on a deathtrap masquerading as a boat, all in order to get TO Europe and AWAY from big GDP Nigeria. Very very heart rending tales of those migrants and a bombshell indictment of the TRUE state of big GDP Nigeria. In the year of our lord 2017 there are even buying slaves in Libya. Nigerians being bought and sold by those heartless desert dwellers like goats and sheep. It seems like you guys don't value a human life, what kind of GIant allows such BS in 2017 ? They will go anywhere as long as they are as far away from Nigeria as possible. Every time I read on the travel section people asking each other how to go" hustle" in places as strange as Faroe islands and even PNG. My God! 9ja peeps are all over Nairobi and Mombasa acting like this is their grandma's cattle kraal. Some are even in the smaller towns like Ruai where they are busy stabbing each other at point blank range because of money. I mean if someone owes you cash, will killing him solve the problem? Our people aren't used to this kind of crazy, please coman take your brothers away, let us be mumu, but not crazy. I went to donholm last week and my sister and her husband were complaining about the noisy and rude nigerians all over the place and how they are preying or being preyed upon by women of easy virtue, thereby lowering the moral standards of the area. Ask yourself, can people from a big GDP country be flying 2,000 miles across Africa to do small time hustles? Is that a country to admire?
Large GDP my blue arse! Create a functional and functioning entity that is the envy of all, then we can talk GIant. Remember the words of Leopold Senghor who said a tiger does not proclaim its tigritude, it just roars.
Thanks man ..wanted to shout that to my fellow nigerians...those punks have selected donholm as their base of late but cops know that..The cops dont give a butt coz mpesa ndio imekua mambo yote..They say the dudes are criminal so parting with 50 to 80 k is normal
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
rvp2017:
What recession. You have dummy economy that depend entirely on OIL and swings with oil prices? Kenya has very well diversified economy - why can't Nigeria build an economy that doesn't sway with global oil prices? How can you invest in infrastructure with 20B USD budget smiley smiley is that even enough to pay decent salaries?
I will say this lastly,because of the oil popular oil that you people hear on the media has blindfolded you that we have non oil sectors.
Take this
Entertainment, one of the largest or if not the largest.
Banking, one of the biggest
Telecomms
Minerals
Agric
Manufacturing, despite not having 24hrs light.

Nigeria is not where it should be because of our leaders,despite that Kenya should stop trying to flex muscles beside the country that has handled and managed many issues.
Pls ask anybody about Kenya,they I'll be like,kenyaaaaaaa.
Kenya does not come near to Nigeria, full stop.
Kenya's have really been working so hard on this forum to make the world feel they are better than Nigeria.Any we talk about GDP you shout oil, if we say Lagos,you say ............
Compare:
1.Telecommunications
2.Banking
3.Manufacturing
4.and other non oil sectors and stop shouting

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
samsobo24:
I will say this lastly,because of the oil popular oil that you people hear on the media has blindfolded you that we have non oil sectors.
Take this
Entertainment, one of the largest or if not the largest.
Banking, one of the biggest
Telecomms
Minerals
Agric
Manufacturing, despite not having 24hrs light.

Nigeria is not where it should be because of our leaders,despite that Kenya should stop trying to flex muscles beside the country that has handled and managed many issues.
Pls ask anybody about Kenya,they I'll be like,kenyaaaaaaa.
Kenya does not come near to Nigeria, full stop.
Kenya's have really been working so hard on this forum to make the world feel they are better than Nigeria.Any we talk about GDP you shout oil, if we say Lagos,you say ............
Compare:
1.Telecommunications
2.Banking
3.Manufacturing
4.and other non oil sectors and stop shouting

Nigeria is thelargest telecommunications market in Africa and the Middle East.

http://streamafrica.com/news/nigerias-telecommunications-industry-largest-in-africa/
telecommunications gave us a boost and not oil
http://www.itwebafrica.com/m/news/rBGW2JNPJWpX

Even the lane man on the street of Kenya knows that Nigeria 's entertainment is one of the largest in the world and second largest film industry in the world.

Manufacturing, fastest growing sector

https://www.cnbcafrica.com/news/2014/09/08/nigeria-gdp-q2-growth/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4546158397
Should we talk about religious tourism

ICT
http://punchng.com/nigeria-is-now-africas-largest-ict-market-tickoo/

(1) (2) (3) ... (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.