Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,892 members, 7,872,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (4672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6305451 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4669) (4670) (4671) (4672) (4673) (4674) (4675) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 8:42am On Jun 08, 2019
rvp20182:
IVM plant smiley - re-badging plant. Post for us a video.

I posted the plant and I got banned - which is now happening alot - because you morons cannot stand the truth - even as your regress deeper and deeper into shocking poverty.

Mobius plant is KVM Thika (now they are moving into their own plant) - Mobius is designed and built in kenya - only the Engine is imported.

nice, I've seen the mobius workshop, not yet a production line. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 8:45am On Jun 08, 2019
kikuyu1:

Thanks for that! I notice even intelligent exposed Kenyans are surprisingly susceptible to anti Chinese propaganda and fake news. Once it takes hold you can't tell them anything!
Case in point, the imminent Mombasa port repossession story.
Ur president and his cabinets are profound criminal...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 8:54am On Jun 08, 2019
samorobo:

Please do those guys are fire. I have seen them on other thread I literally went dormant. They are so insulting, but the worst is that OGBONTI DUDE. That one is bomb
They'll scatter this thread grin they I remember when they nearly kill these kiberans here with Jaycent, AngryNigerian, princecharming etc. That night was tough. Bro they're are many. I will soon invited them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 8:55am On Jun 08, 2019
68816419:

grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 8:57am On Jun 08, 2019
Land compensation,labour wages,sgr type classification all play part into the cost.For instance Kenya has fenced it's railway from Mombasa all the way to Naivasha.Such minor details increase up the cost.Also a ready power line runs parallel along the line ready for future electrification!
68816419:

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 8:57am On Jun 08, 2019
rvp20182:
You'll find such articles funded or written by Western as Chines eat their challenges. The true story about Kenya SGR is great success. The NBO-MSA railway was constructed in record 3yrs - and began passengers services in June 2017 - and cargo in jan 2018. For passengers - four trains - two trains each direction ply the route daily. For Cargo - we began with 1 train in Jan - and kept adding a train every year - and now we are doing 14 trains each direction - about 28 trains per days.

Here is the chinese ambassador to Kenya take.

We believe SGR is economically viable. Note that in first year of operations, Mombasa-Nairobi SGR has earned Sh10.33 billion, which is close to the operating cost of Sh12 billion. It’s never easy for a railway project to achieve nearly break-even in a year. Kenyan and Chinese operators deserve credit for that achievement. China has full confidence in Kenya’s ability to make profits from SGR.

Common get out.I will not stop believing a reputable source just so I can settle for your ginger constructed lie.
Your sgr is a joke and it will never see the light if the day.
No one will lend you anymore cos you are resourcesless
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2019
rvp20182:
Abuja-Airport - carries 400 passengers. That phase cost 800M dolars in construction. Enough said. Show me a more wasteful investment in the entire planet and that Abuja light train will be up there.

Abuja-Kaduna - has done 1.5M passengers and zero cargo - 3yrs (1,000 days). MSA-NBO has done 3M passenger in 2yrs. What MSA-NBO does in 350 days - Nigeria's Abuja-Kaduna - do in 1,000 years.

Annually Abuja-Kaduna - carries about 0.6M passengers - which daily translate about 2,000 passengers - or 1,000 passenger one-way - assuming it has two trains - one going either direction.

Let not talk about CARGO - the main job of SGR is transport cargo - otherwise it would be wasted investment if you made it a light rail.

I am not sure how your expect to recoup money from rail - doing such kind of insanity. Entire Lagos-Kano was to cost 12B dollars - and but nearly 15yrs later - only Abuja-Kaduna section is complete - as your federal gov struggle with funding issues.

Kenya is miles ahead of your wasteful and incompetent gov..

yOur sgr is a failure. Tell your government to learn to cut their coat according to their size. You are not yet economical capable for the kind of project and borrowing has already made the future of every kenyan citizen hopeless. Crawl before you walk

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2019
kikuyu1:

Yes, 30 kids go missing daily out of a 50 mn pop. There's things I've seen here about the fate of Naij kids I'D REALLY REALLY RATHER NOT MENTION.

You has better not just go and protect you kids on your supposed safer city so they don't fall victim of the cruel and barbaric act you guys engage in
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 9:03am On Jun 08, 2019
Problemkid1:
Who wants to travel to that dangerous country. I rather die here in Nigeria grin

No one. I personally can think of endangering my self

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 9:05am On Jun 08, 2019
For those saying that kenya's sgr is overpriced.Just look at the scope of works.Not all railways are the same!

Civil works

Build a single line Standard Gauge Railway line connecting Mombasa to Malaba.
Electrification of the infrastructure: to be installed in future.Install a line ready for future electrification
Build main freight exchange and passenger stations at Mombasa and Nairobi
Fence out the track throughout its length
Build Marshalling Yards at the Port of Mombasa and Nairobi hub

Phase 1 (Mombasa – Nairobi)

Route length = 472 kilometres
Total track length = 609 kilometres
Build intermediate freight exchange and passenger stations at Mariakani, Miasenyi, Voi, Mtito Andei, Kibwezi, Emali and Athi River
Build 23 crossing (passing) stations
Build 8 underpasses for animals within Tsavo National Park

Phase 2A (Nairobi – Naivasha)

Route length = 120 kilometres
Project incorporates construction of a 5.3 kilometres tunnel
Project will have a connection to proposed Industrial Parks planned for locations within Navaisha Sub-County and Narok County
Build intermediate freight exchange and passenger stations at Ongata Rongai, Ngong township, Mai Mahiu township, Suswa township Supply and Installation of Facilities, Locomotives and Rolling Stock
Supply and install signalling, communications and train controlling facility
Supply and install maintenance equipment at the maintenance depots
Supply and commission 56 locomotives
Supply and commission 40 passenger coaches
Supply and commission 1,620 freight wagons
Install water and electricity at every station

http://krc.co.ke/sgr-scope-of-works/

68816419:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 9:05am On Jun 08, 2019
theenchanter:
nice, I've seen the mobius workshop, not yet a production line. grin

He is a fool that wants to deceive himself not us.
Can't you see they are machinery or other cars constructed except empty spaces with an uncoupled car

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2019
Kenya's Railway is Earthquake Proof.Can sustain an 8 Richter scale Earthquake!

It's built like a bird nest,all units are tied together.We are talking of a formidable class 1 Chinese Railway!

Contractors have allayed fears earth tremors can destroy the standard gauge railway line.

China Communications Construction Company, the contractor working of the Nairobi-Naivasha line, said on Tuesday they have implemented new technology to ensure the lines are safe from earthquakes.

CCCC's spokesman Steve Zhao said many geologists were involved in the installation of the technology. He spoke to reporters in Naivasha.

There were fears the line could be damaged following tremors that shook several counties on Sunday.

On Monday, the Kenya National Highways Authority said a fault line on a critical bridge along the Naivasha-Mai Mahiu highway could be as a result of the tremors.

But CCCC said the sgr line is safe.

Zhao said all elements in the station buildings, such as walls and the roof, had been tied together like a giant nest.

“This will act as an integrated unit during earthquake shaking, transferring forces across connections and preventing separation,” Zhao said.

Zhao said other earthquake resistant measures incorporated in the line include building the railway track on a wider sub-grade - the foundation the track is built on.

“The sub-grade and slope in the sgr Phase 2A are relatively higher and wider in comparison to Phase 1 from Mombasa to Nairobi,” he said.

He said the contractor had determined the safest seismic fortification to be implemented for the line to meet an earthquake resistance intensity of 8, in the area between Embulbul – Ngong and Duka Moja – Narok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJcbRjqlfic

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 9:26am On Jun 08, 2019
We can talk about money ritual practices in Nigeria.Let me tell you,the pictures of your folks holding other people's freshly cut off heads are so so out of this world!
samorobo:

No one. I personally can think of endangering my self
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 9:29am On Jun 08, 2019
samorobo:

Common get out.I will not stop believing a reputable source just so I can settle for your ginger constructed lie.
Your sgr is a joke and it will never see the light if the day.
No one will lend you anymore cos you are resourcesless

Taahira arguing with emotions
Everyone is lending Kenya money because Kenya is able to repay we have never defaulted on loan payment and we have never borrowed to pay salaries like Nigeria

World bank has already approved a loan to Kenya
China is funding construction of superhighways in Nairobi
Chinese companies are investing in konza city
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2019
samorobo:

Ogbeni u be oponu grin grin grin
Why didn't you quote me directly when I posted it after all it was you I quote. You had to keep your coward ass aside an wait for your fellow Taahira to pull up that article so you can talk .
You knew were I was heading to Taahira,

I did quote you directly why are you confused
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 9:35am On Jun 08, 2019
samorobo:

Don't repeat my question taahira.
Tell me which new report or blog list things like this 1),2),3)

Why are you repeating my question samorobo
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2019
68816419:

That's because our topography is very different-we're a mountainous country which means grading and will tell in our civil works costs and also our land is expensive due to intensive farming you sneer at. Fyi,unlike communist nations like Tz or Ethio we don't compulsorily acquire private property and must pay market rates for private land.Only literate,moderately intelligent people will understand this chart-I know at least the Kenyans here will see the truth.

[img]http://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-eeb530247231cae386d429b4f0f7481f[/img]

Between,Tz,Ethiopia and Kenya who will spend more on bridges,viaducts and embankments?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2019
Jonraid:
For those saying that kenya's sgr is overpriced.Just look at the scope of works.Not all railways are the same!

Civil works

Build a single line Standard Gauge Railway line connecting Mombasa to Malaba.
Electrification of the infrastructure: to be installed in future.Install a line ready for future electrification
Build main freight exchange and passenger stations at Mombasa and Nairobi
Fence out the track throughout its length
Build Marshalling Yards at the Port of Mombasa and Nairobi hub

Phase 1 (Mombasa – Nairobi)

Route length = 472 kilometres
Total track length = 609 kilometres
Build intermediate freight exchange and passenger stations at Mariakani, Miasenyi, Voi, Mtito Andei, Kibwezi, Emali and Athi River
Build 23 crossing (passing) stations
Build 8 underpasses for animals within Tsavo National Park

Phase 2A (Nairobi – Naivasha)

Route length = 120 kilometres
Project incorporates construction of a 5.3 kilometres tunnel
Project will have a connection to proposed Industrial Parks planned for locations within Navaisha Sub-County and Narok County
Build intermediate freight exchange and passenger stations at Ongata Rongai, Ngong township, Mai Mahiu township, Suswa township Supply and Installation of Facilities, Locomotives and Rolling Stock
Supply and install signalling, communications and train controlling facility
Supply and install maintenance equipment at the maintenance depots
Supply and commission 56 locomotives
Supply and commission 40 passenger coaches
Supply and commission 1,620 freight wagons
Install water and electricity at every station

http://krc.co.ke/sgr-scope-of-works/

I just tried to answer this but the chart isn't showing:our hilly topography and land acquisition costs are higher since land owners must be compensated at market rates. Unlike Tz and Ethiopia we're not communist. This chart shows railway construction breakdown-hopefully it'll show.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 9:57am On Jun 08, 2019
Jonraid:
Land compensation,labour wages,sgr type classification all play part into the cost.For instance Kenya has fenced it's railway from Mombasa all the way to Naivasha.Such minor details increase up the cost.Also a ready power line runs parallel along the line ready for future electrification!
keep quite u fool, and you think Nigeria and Ethiopia's SGR ain't fenced and never had same issues as yours (compensation, labour wages...) how much does fencing a 470km of "single line" rail costs, what types of Sgr classification is yours and was the first phase rail construction costs parts of Naivasha lines, if yes, what's the distance from Nairobi terminal to Naivasha .?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2019
Jonraid:
The Chinese aren't even our greatest lenders,the Bretton Woods institutions are.

All the noise about Chinese loans,I swear you'd think the IMF/WB and the West regularly begged us to accept multi billion dollar grants!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2019
Jonraid:
We can talk about money ritual practices in Nigeria.Let me tell you,the pictures of your folks holding other people's freshly cut off heads are so so out of this world!

https://maniagist.com/2019/06/07/cultists-on-the-loose-in-ikorodu-wipe-out-family-of-three/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 10:08am On Jun 08, 2019
kikuyu1:

I just tried to answer this but the chart isn't showing:our hilly topography and land acquisition costs are higher since land owners must be compensated at market rates. Unlike Tz and Ethiopia we're not communist. This chart shows railway construction breakdown-hopefully it'll show.
how much was the costs for the compensations ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 10:23am On Jun 08, 2019
kikuyu1:

That's because our topography is very different-we're a mountainous country which means grading and will tell in our civil works costs and also our land is expensive due to intensive farming you sneer at. Fyi,unlike communist nations like Tz or Ethio we don't compulsorily acquire private property and must pay market rates for private land.Only literate,moderately intelligent people will understand this chart-I know at least the Kenyans here will see the truth.

[img]http://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-eeb530247231cae386d429b4f0f7481f[/img]

Between,Tz,Ethiopia and Kenya who will spend more on bridges,viaducts and embankments?

Ethiopia will spend more on bridges than Kenya.

Ur country is not a mountainous country, Highlands is not synonymous with mountains.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2019
kikuyu1:

acquisition of lands is only 4% from ur chart.

Bridges, roads and construction is d highest at 60%, the rest is miniscule.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:38am On Jun 08, 2019
samorobo:

Omg .you stumbled upon these same disgrace sgr pictures that I got from the internet

They have no future, kenyatta made sure he jeopardised it.all thank to their idiot thuggish looking economic gangstar of a president
How did they even allow that to happen? This Tonyebarcanista's thread has seriously shown Kenya as arguably Africa's most corrupt country.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:41am On Jun 08, 2019
theenchanter:
acquisition of lands is only 4% from ur chart.

Bridges, roads and construction is d highest at 60%, the rest is miniscule.
Kikuyu1 thought he could fudge the figures by posting a chart that's not clear. cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2019
This sgr thing we brought up has really rubbished the Little Indians. Any of them that's a little sensible would keep quiet at this point.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2019
Costs will never be the same! That's the point!
68816419:

keep quite u fool, and you think Nigeria and Ethiopia's SGR ain't fenced and never had same issues as yours (compensation, labour wages...) how much does fencing a 470km of "single line" rail costs, what types of Sgr classification is yours and was the first phase rail construction costs parts of Naivasha lines, if yes, what's the distance from Nairobi terminal to Naivasha .?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:51am On Jun 08, 2019
tylann:

You are confused
Kenya has never negotiated any debt repayment with china
The disagreement is arising about the extension of the sgr to uganda
You are the confused one here. Point out where I said Kenya renegotiated debt repayment with China. I said they refused you loan extension on your sgr.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2019
Jonraid:
Costs will never be the same! That's the point!
Abeg, change the topic. We can see you are enjoying your China BRI. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:55am On Jun 08, 2019
Rvp,logging in with two accounts is unnecessary. Is that how serious this sgr thing is to you? Okay,you got a good deal from the Chinese. cheesy Can you rest now? cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2019
obaaderemi:
You are the confused one here. Point out where I said Kenya renegotiated debt repayment with China. I said they refused you loan extension on your sgr.

China and Kenya have disagreed on how to finance sgr extension
That is the problem .

(1) (2) (3) ... (4669) (4670) (4671) (4672) (4673) (4674) (4675) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.