Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,906 members, 7,872,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (4673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6305474 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4670) (4671) (4672) (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 11:02am On Jun 08, 2019
I know you're actively banning me because you cannot stand the truth. But banning divergent opinion will not change the dire situation that your country face. Only revolution akin to what is going on in Sudan can get you out of the morass.
obaaderemi:
Rvp,logging in with two accounts is unnecessary. Is that how serious this sgr thing is to you? Okay,you got a good deal from the Chinese. cheesy Can you rest now? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2019
What is wrong with Kenya SGR. The SGR that is already voted amongst the MOST MAGNIFICENT TRAINS Ride worldwide.Kenya SGR is more expensive that TZ & Ethiopia - because we built long animal corridors - MSA -NBO - has 28Kms of long animal bridge - we have done the same through Nairobi National Park - including sound proofing - and we had to dig 5Km tunnel through the great rift valley.

Secondly Kenya SGR is Chinese Class 1 - that can carry about twice what TZ & Ethiopia can do (Class 2 China/AREMA -US).

obaaderemi:
This sgr thing we brought up has really rubbished the Little Indians. Any of them that's a little sensible would keep quiet at this point.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2019
samorobo:

No one. I personally can think of endangering my self
grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 11:10am On Jun 08, 2019
tylann:

Taahira arguing with emotions
Everyone is lending Kenya money because Kenya is able to repay we have never defaulted on loan payment and we have never borrowed to pay salaries like Nigeria

World bank has already approved a loan to Kenya
China is funding construction of superhighways in Nairobi
Chinese companies are investing in konza city
I don't know when you will get sense. Ok we borrowed money to pay salaries. But at least we're not owning Dept? But you that borrow money to build infrastructure in your country, but you're owning a huge Dept? Use your head Mr Tylann wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2019
Mkenya2019:
I know you're actively banning me because you cannot stand the truth. But banning divergent opinion will not change the dire situation that your country face. Only revolution akin to what is going on in Sudan can get you out of the morass.
You shouldn't worry about getting banned. cheesy You have so many accounts it's so ridiculous. Rvp,rvp2018,rvo20182,mkenya2018,mkenya2019.
Five accounts only you. shocked.

Wasting your time on nairaland can not help the sad conditions of your country. You should be organizing your people into mobs to revolt against your politicians like what's going on in Sudan. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:13am On Jun 08, 2019
Problemkid1:
I don't know when you will get sense. Ok we borrowed money to pay salaries. But at least we're not owning Dept? But you that borrow money to build infrastructure in your country, but you're owning a huge Dept? Use your head Mr Tylann wink
Kenya always borrow money to pay salaries.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 11:15am On Jun 08, 2019
Nobody can lend you serious money with your revenues. Kenya in last two weeks - got 2B dollars from Eurobond - and WB gave us another 1B dollars - we just ask and we get - because we have total revenues of 21B dollars annual.

Your revenue to debt servicing is 70%. Kenya is around 30%. Fake GDP cannot be banked in gov coffers and used to pay debts. What pay debt is taxes collected by FIRS. Your federal gov total budget is less than kenya. Lets not talk about Nigeria 36 states that are eye-balled with debts - those are already choked death - and paying salaries and pensions - is a monthly struggle.

Kenya debt management is robust. Our macro-economics solid. Save for few years in 90s - our public financial management is PRUDENT.

And we have never had a debt crisis - like you had - when you had to seek forgiveness of many loans.

Focus on DEBT SERVICING TO REVENUE. Not DEBT TO COOKED GDP.

Problemkid1:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 11:18am On Jun 08, 2019
Ohoo I see you're keeping close tab on my personal affairs. Did Ghanian Vax die already. I think I am adult enough to know how to spend my time.

Just stop banning people. It's prove the Nigerian stereotype right. You lack integrity. You lack the brains. You are getting intimidated by countries that naturally would wash your feet - because you're as incorrigible as your country leadership, has wasted trillion dollars of oil and now lead in poverty.

It's either you or the other 64-bla-bla - who are actively banning me - without any justification. I know when I see either of you online and I give you my hard doses of reality - it won't be a few minutes - before I am banned.

But it's expected - I am wadding in a pig sty or is it zoo - and I have to swatch dung flies loking for fresh dung as Nigerians here openly defecate as they won't.

obaaderemi:
You shouldn't worry about getting banned. cheesy You have so many accounts it's so ridiculous. Rvp,rvp2018,rvo20182,mkenya2018,mkenya2019.
Five accounts only you. shocked.

Wasting your time on nairaland can not help the sad conditions of your country. You should be organizing your people into mobs to revolt against your politicians like what's going on in Sudan. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2019
Mkenya2019:
Ohoo I see you're keeping close tab on my personal affairs. Did Ghanian Vax die already. I think I am adult enough to know how to spend my time.
Nobody needs to keep tab on you. Your tomfoolery is everywhere for all to see. cheesy How many Nigerians do you see desperate to the point of commenting here with multiple accounts?
The Ghanaian vulcanizer is dead already. He has been shamed into embarrassing silence. cheesy You just reminded. me of him. Desperate birds of a feather.

Mkenya2019:

Just stop banning people. It's prove the Nigerian stereotype right. You lack integrity. You lack the brains.
I can ban you as much as I like and all you will do is cry all you can like you are doing now.That's power. cheesy

It's hilarious when someone who keeps saying nonsense thinks he has a functional brain. grin

Mkenya2019:

You are getting intimidated by countries that naturally would wash your feet - because you're as incorrigible as your country leadership, has wasted trillion dollars of oil and now lead in poverty.
If anyone is intimidated,it's clearly you.Everyone intimidates you. Heck,even Somalians of all people intimidate you and just stroll into your country's CBD to mess you up randomly. grin And what's worse? You continually allow your politicians to lead you by the nose while lying to you. How can a small country like you owe so much and be so poor to the point of being the poster child for starvation in the 21st century? It got so bad even china is rejecting your loan bids. grin

Mkenya2019:

It's either you or the other 64-bla-bla - who are actively banning me - without any justification. I know when I see either of you online and I give you my hard doses of reality - it won't be a few minutes - before I am banned.

But it's expected - I am wadding in a pig sty or is it zoo - and I have to swatch dung flies loking for fresh dung as Nigerians here openly defecate as they won't.

Of course,we know you live in a pigsty. grin How else would one describe Kibera?
We know the genesis of this unbridled frustration and anger of yours,rvp2018. It's all because we pointed out how the Chinese are ripping you off. But the facts are there and all sensible Kenyans have been warning for years.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 11:56am On Jun 08, 2019
Typical. You'll still remain the scum of earth just like your country. Now slowpoke - move on - I got better things to do with my time. I only deal with Issues..not personalities and adhominem.
obaaderemi:

Nobody needs to keep tab on you. Your tomfoolery is everywhere for all to see. cheesy How many Nigerians do you see desperate to the point of commenting here with multiple accounts?
The Ghanaian vulcanizer is dead already. He has been shamed into embarrassing silence. cheesy You just reminded. me of him. Desperate birds of a feather.

I can ban you as much as I like and all you will do is cry all you can like you are doing now.That's power. cheesy

It's hilarious when someone who keeps saying nonsense thinks he has a functional brain. grin

If anyone is intimidated,it's clearly you.Everyone intimidates you. Heck,even Somalians of all people intimidate you and just stroll into your country's CBD to mess you up randomly. grin And what's worse? You continually allow your politicians to lead you by the nose while lying to you. How can a small country like you owe so much and be so poor to the point of being the poster child for starvation in the 21st century? It got so bad even china is rejecting your loan bids. grin

Of course,we know you live in a pigsty. grin How else would one describe Kibera?
We know the genesis of this unbridled frustration and anger of yours,rvp2018. It's all because we pointed out how the Chinese are ripping you off. But the facts are there and all sensible Kenyans have been warning for years.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
samorobo:

Common shut your taahira mouth.don't mistake my insult for emotions.look around most Nigerians here can barely go a word without atleast one insult , it's just too much for you that I give you at least five grin grin before I hot the submit button. Insulting idiots like yourself is like a culture to a nigerian.
Insult will always be part of my necessary tools to reveal the truth
Ogbeni kill the idiot I go bury am for u. Ride on!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
tylann:

You spewed nothing but emotions and feelings

You need to see a doctor or a therapist
You emotions are always clouding your thinking and reasoning

You get worked over nothing
mumu no go work na hunger go kill u if u want die ontop nairaland
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
mumu no go work na hunger go kill u if u want die ontop nairaland

Are you a mumu
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mkenya2019:
Typical. You'll still remain the scum of earth just like your country. Now slowpoke - move on - I got better things to do with my time. I only deal with Issues..not personalities and adhominem.
This nigger don vex finish. grin You got banned for logging in with multiple accounts. That should knock some sense into your empty head. Ask your silly Ghanaian friend, he knows the feeling.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
tylann:

Are you a mumu
dey here dey starve while seun dey make millions ontop ur appearance on nairaland. Olodo
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mkenya2019:
What is wrong with Kenya SGR. The SGR that is already voted amongst the MOST MAGNIFICENT TRAINS Ride worldwide.Kenya SGR is more expensive that TZ & Ethiopia - because we built long animal corridors - MSA -NBO - has 28Kms of long animal bridge - we have done the same through Nairobi National Park - including sound proofing - and we had to dig 5Km tunnel through the great rift valley.

Secondly Kenya SGR is Chinese Class 1 - that can carry about twice what TZ & Ethiopia can do (Class 2 China/AREMA -US).

This is what is wrong with Kenya's SGR grin :

And before Kenya could finish bragging about its
fete in building the best railway in the region since
the last century, Tanzania signed a second contract
that will see it build an electric railway line that will
move nearly twice as fast as the Kenyan line but at
a fraction of the cost.
cheesy Honest Kenyans know the Chinese not only ripped you off,they ripped you apart.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
Comparing kenya and TZ - is like comparing Kenya and Nigeria. It's like day and night.

TZ went Ethiopia way - they went for Class 2 - electrified railway. Ethiopia have been in operation for 3-4yrs and it's huge mess. Their electric trains stall mid-way every often because of erratic power supply. They are still one one or two trains from Addis to Djiboutti. It has no hope of repaying the loan...and they already asked Chinese for debt relief..they were given more time to repay.

Now Kenya has - again - some of the most QUALIFIED engineers, architect and designers - and policy wonks - you can think about.

We thought about all those issues. And we settled for Class 1 (heavy load) railway that is diesel-run - but with an option to electrify in the future - and the results - Kenya SGR is about to break even. We are doing 4 passengers trains and 28 cargo trains - 1 year in operations. In exactly 2yrs operations - Kenya has already surpassed it's 5th year projection.

Now Ethiopia is generally better in decision making than Tanzania and Nigeria.

Nigeria SGR of course is very sad story. Enough said of that.

Let try Tanzania. They are building brown-field (kenya is green-field - entirely new) electrified SGR from Dar to it's hinterland. It financed 50% by internal fund and 50% by commercial loan (CRAZY smiley from South Africa's Stanchart bank. TZ main city is Dar - just like Nigeria - Lagos - nearly 60% of all cargo terminate at Dar. The railway will be just for transporting passengers and has no chance of in hell of breaking even in 30yrs. Unless they some minerals to ferry from the hinterland....there is little cargo that Rwanda or Burundi can do.

Tanzania is basically building the railway as competition against Kenya. They never thought through and they will of course be asking for debt forgiveness when StanChart squeeze their balls.

Kenya as always makes smart decisions. We have refused to extend the railway at China terms because it's doesn't make economic sense - China wants the railway to get to Congo - and they should fund it.

The cost variable - has been explained severally - Kenya is class 1, it's also green-field, it also include rolling stock, has several animal corridors - and when all that is factored it's competitively priced

Ugandans did comparison of the 3 - and choose the kenyan one.

Here is Uganda comparison...Kenya vs Tanzania vs Ethiopa.

https://www.sgr.go.ug/sites/default/files/downloads/SGR_comparison_of_Kenya_Tanzania_Ethiopia_Uganda.pdf

https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/business/Kampala-Addis-Ababa-rail-lines-costs/2560-3815786-rbewuez/index.html

obaaderemi:
This is what is wrong with Kenya's SGR grin :
cheesy Honest Kenyans know the Chinese not only ripped you off,they ripped you apart.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2019
rvp20182:
Abuja-Airport - carries 400 passengers. That phase cost 800M dolars in construction. Enough said. Show me a more wasteful investment in the entire planet and that Abuja light train will be up there.

Abuja-Kaduna - has done 1.5M passengers and zero cargo - 3yrs (1,000 days). MSA-NBO has done 3M passenger in 2yrs. What MSA-NBO does in 350 days - Nigeria's Abuja-Kaduna - do in 1,000 years.

Annually Abuja-Kaduna - carries about 0.6M passengers - which daily translate about 2,000 passengers - or 1,000 passenger one-way - assuming it has two trains - one going either direction.

Let not talk about CARGO - the main job of SGR is transport cargo - otherwise it would be wasted investment if you made it a light rail.

I am not sure how your expect to recoup money from rail - doing such kind of insanity. Entire Lagos-Kano was to cost 12B dollars - and but nearly 15yrs later - only Abuja-Kaduna section is complete - as your federal gov struggle with funding issues.

Kenya is miles ahead of your wasteful and incompetent gov..

Out of the entire Nairobi - Malaba sgr project, which section has been completed? None

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
Just when we thought we had seen the dumbest of them all - here he re-appears. As far as we know Nairobi-MSA has been operational for 2yrs now. Nairobi - Naivasha is 95% complete and will be operational before end of the year. I think what is pending is Dry Port in Naivasha - where Uganda and others will pick their cargo.
forgiveness:

Out of the entire Nairobi - Malaba sgr project, which section has been completed? None

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
More on Kenya world class SGR - voted among st the magnificent rides already

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
Kenya SGR - not crappy looking Nigeria SGR

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2019
More on Kenya SGR

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
Kenya SGR

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mkenya2019:
Just when we thought we had seen the dumbest of them all - here he re-appears. As far as we know Nairobi-MSA has been operational for 2yrs now. Nairobi - Naivasha is 95% complete and will be operational before end of the year. I think what is pending is Dry Port in Naivasha - where Uganda and others will pick their cargo.

So, afterer 18 years of Nairobi- Malaba sgr project only one section is completed. Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
Class A - Railway - has to be as straigh and level as possible - you get what you pay for.

Kenya’s $3.2 bn Chinese built Standard-Gauge Railway (SGR) ranked as the only remarkable railway line in Africa and seventh globally

Nairobi Terminus

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
18yrs - SGR began construction in 2014 - and phase 1 (MSA-NBO) - was complete by 2017 June. That is a record for such a huge project.

And it already been voted the most remarkable train ride in Africa.

forgiveness:

So, afterer 18 years of Nairobi- Malaba sgr project only one section is completed. Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mkenya2019:
18yrs - SGR began construction in 2014 - and phase 1 (MSA-NBO) - was complete by 2017 June. That is a record for such a huge project.

And it already been voted the most remarkable train ride in Africa.

So, Nairobi - Malaba sgr project was in phases afterall. Next time don't lie.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Acadavah: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
forgiveness:

The Ugandans do not want to enter in Chinese debt trap.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:12pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mkenya2019:
Comparing kenya and TZ - is like comparing Kenya and Nigeria. It's like day and night.

TZ went Ethiopia way - they went for Class 2 - electrified railway. Ethiopia have been in operation for 3-4yrs and it's huge mess. Their electric trains stall mid-way every often because of erratic power supply. They are still one one or two trains from Addis to Djiboutti. It has no hope of repaying the loan...and they already asked Chinese for debt relief..they were given more time to repay.

Now Kenya has - again - some of the most QUALIFIED engineers, architect and designers - and policy wonks - you can think about.

We thought about all those issues. And we settled for Class 1 (heavy load) railway that is diesel-run - but with an option to electrify in the future - and the results - Kenya SGR is about to break even. We are doing 4 passengers trains and 28 cargo trains - 1 year in operations. In exactly 2yrs operations - Kenya has already surpassed it's 5th year projection.

Now Ethiopia is generally better in decision making than Tanzania and Nigeria.

Nigeria SGR of course is very sad story. Enough said of that.

Let try Tanzania. They are building brown-field (kenya is green-field - entirely new) electrified SGR from Dar to it's hinterland. It financed 50% by internal fund and 50% by commercial loan (CRAZY smiley from South Africa's Stanchart bank. TZ main city is Dar - just like Nigeria - Lagos - nearly 60% of all cargo terminate at Dar. The railway will be just for transporting passengers and has no chance of in hell of breaking even in 30yrs. Unless they some minerals to ferry from the hinterland....there is little cargo that Rwanda or Burundi can do.

Tanzania is basically building the railway as competition against Kenya. They never thought through and they will of course be asking for debt forgiveness when StanChart squeeze their balls.

Kenya as always makes smart decisions. We have refused to extend the railway at China terms because it's doesn't make economic sense - China wants the railway to get to Congo - and they should fund it.

The cost variable - has been explained severally - Kenya is class 1, it's also green-field, it also include rolling stock, has several animal corridors - and when all that is factored it's competitively priced

Ugandans did comparison of the 3 - and choose the kenyan one.

Here is Uganda comparison...Kenya vs Tanzania vs Ethiopa.

https://www.sgr.go.ug/sites/default/files/downloads/SGR_comparison_of_Kenya_Tanzania_Ethiopia_Uganda.pdf

https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/business/Kampala-Addis-Ababa-rail-lines-costs/2560-3815786-rbewuez/index.html

Too much empty talk. grin I like your patriotism but it can't save your country. I understand you are just fighting for pride. It's allowed. But I will continue to expose you with facts:

It was billed as the saviour of the
choking Mombasa port traffic.
Eighteen months down the line, with a
string of lost business and livelihoods,
the standard gauge railway (SGR)
cargo haulage continues to traverse
the over 400-kilometre Nairobi-
Mombasa stretch with each trip raking
up losses.
tongue Tanzanians and Nigerians ,are far smarter than Kenyans.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
forgiveness:

In case you've not noticed, Bro, that mkenya is the same person as rvp2018. So know it, he CAN NEVER STOP LYING.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
Strawman arguments. When did I lie. SGR was always in phases. The total cost of MSA-Malaba was around 10B in 2014 when our GDP was around 50B. We began collecting Railway Dev Levy - a little early - which takes care of 15% of SGR development.

Now tell us about Nigeria - and how you plan to get to KANO smiley

forgiveness:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4670) (4671) (4672) (4673) (4674) (4675) (4676) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.