Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,743 members, 7,875,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6309138 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:26am On Nov 24, 2016
naijalander:

Only implemented quite recently oga.

That was not the point in my comment
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by highheybee: 8:30am On Nov 24, 2016
Lol about you posting pictures of your universities when we all know beauty doesn't translate...come oau,convenant and you know we also got beautiful ones...buh we all know 3kenya universities are in top 100 while 13 in too 200 while Nigeria the other way round have 13 per 100 and 31 per 200

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:30am On Nov 24, 2016
That nigeria has 350B or is it 500B usd GDP is one biggest lies out there. It just doesn't make any sense at all.I bet the Nigeria Statistics office probably counted all chickens and cassava harvested or whatever would be taken as informal economy. Certainly South Africa and Egypt GDP is believable..if you cross-check with pseudo-data like cement consumption/power consumption/oil consumption/infrastructure.As far as I can tell there is very few areas that Nigeria can beat Kenya. University education in kenya is subsidized with kids paying 160USd per annum and they are also eligible for higher education loans. Looking at the shitty pictures from Nigeria universities - it hard to imagine they could beat kenya.Kenya has the BEST education system beating even South Africa. In the last few PISA-like test done in Southern Africa countries - only Mauritus beat kenya.

The least said about kenya's retail sector the better for nigeria. Kenya formal retail is now 30%...only second to South Africa. You can bet number of folks shopping in malls and supermarket in Nigeria is less than 10%. There are mega malls and supermarkets in every little town in kenya.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by highheybee: 8:30am On Nov 24, 2016
Lol about you posting pictures of your universities when we all know beauty doesn't translate...come oau,convenant and you know we also got beautiful ones...buh we all know 3kenya universities are in top 100 while 13 in too 200 while Nigeria the other way round have 13 per 100 and 31 per 200

https://www.4icu.org/top-universities-africa/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2016
Admittedly your universities infrastructure are shitty looking just like the rest of the country; I bet any serious university ranking leave the webtronics when done in Africa - will show just how far Kenyan universities are from Nigeria. You cannot produce quality graduates from those shanty looking universities. What are they building when they come of universities that we cannot see in pictures
highheybee:

https://www.4icu.org/top-universities-africa/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by highheybee: 8:43am On Nov 24, 2016
rvp2017:
Admittedly your universities infrastructure are shitty looking just like the rest of the country; I bet any serious university ranking leave the webtronics when done in Africa - will show just how far Kenyan universities are from Nigeria. You cannot produce quality graduates from those shanty looking universities. What are they building when they come of universities that we cannot see in pictures

Pictures...is that what you want,i assume mosta those pictures you posted are Senate buildings....am not a posting picture guy,but if you really wanna know... funnab,oau,convenant,abuad,unilag,lasu and many south eats universities are very beautiful....check them dude.... Harvard,ozford and the rest still have those 3storey buildings dominating....it's not how or being made of glass...it's the quality and we know you lag in those are

Lol...three universities in top 100 grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:44am On Nov 24, 2016
No way nigeria gdp can 500b usd when it consumes 6000-8000MW of really unstable power ( wonder what ghw is like) or consume only 18-20m metric tonnes of cement or about 250-300K barrels of oil per day. Kenya with 70B usd economy consumes 2000mw, 6 m metric tonnes of cemment and 100-120k barrels of oil per day. Nigeria economy at best should be 200B USD GDP otherwise counting vodoo movies as GDP doesn't cut. That is why Nigeria despite Oil revenue has a budget that is nearly similar with Kenya. What taxes does that economy really generate..kenya collect 14BUSD per annum..for the national or federal gov.

South Africa and Egypt where Kenya ought to aim at are truly African giants in any serious metrics.South Africa consumes 500,000 plus barrels per day, 40,000mw of power and Egypt oil (700,000 barrels per day)/70-90m metric tonnes -cement consumption per annum is truly astounding.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2016
How many Nigeria universities are in Africa top 10 - any ranking. Zero.zero. Kenya 1. We can conclude that Kenya universities are the best?. Top 50? Top 500? Top 1000? Why stop at 100? I am pretty sure Kenyan universities are better than Nigeria if you look at it wholesomely.

Just shows us one picture of a beautiful university in Nigeria.

highheybee:

Pictures...is that what you want,i assume mosta those pictures you posted are Senate buildings....am not a posting picture guy,but if you really wanna know... funnab,oau,convenant,abuad,unilag,lasu and many south eats universities are very beautiful....check them dude.... Harvard,ozford and the rest still have those 3storey buildings dominating....it's not how or being made of glass...it's the quality and we know you lag in those are

Lol...three universities in top 100 grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2016
highheybee:

Have Nigerians like Nairalander told how many Nigerians are getting their education from Kenya? Can it be said of Kenyans in Nigeria?? Kenyan universities has a lot of students from every part of the world, S.A, USA,U.k... Mind you some of the Unis are not mentioned in the top 100.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AfroCircus: 9:19am On Nov 24, 2016
highheybee:

Hmmmm...much diversified industry...biggest lie l
Nigeria
Kenya

Like I once said excluding poverty rate and 24/7 electricity,you are still lagging in other sectors
Building the biggest mall doesn't make you better
...as the second largest mall in the world is referred to as a dead mall due to being vacant...you can build but... Things like mall doesn't translate into you being better...build one biggest and someone can build for equivalent to that size....
Your economy is not near as diversified as ours

You guys really don't understand how population plays...you really think it's easy to develop a 21m state compared to 3.5m...are you guys for real...you can't compare any state to Lagos in your country...with a gdp and per capita higher than that of Nairobi as a whole...take for example if the size in meters of land in Nairobi and Lagos is equal...it translates into Nairobi having many Virgin lands...Lagos is so filled up that land had to be reclaimed from the sea to build the eko Atlantic city...we were both given independence in the 60s and Lagos has grown way beyond you...maybe you should compare those cities with their mates regarding population like Abuja which us even more organised and better

And about ports ,those Ports are used by at least four countries so it's reasonable if it's bigger than ours

And please about education,how much are the paying in Nairobi,kenyatta,moi universities...coz mist of our federal universities are paying less than $100,with a state university saying $80

Hmm, a bit of research before denying is usually helpful to both we who are discussing and those just passing through.

I'll begin with diversification

Nigerian export chart
[img] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/02/Nigeria_Export_Treemap_(2011).png/450px-Nigeria_Export_Treemap_(2011).png[/img]
http://blogs.worldbank.org/opendata/which-countries-could-be-affected-plunging-oil-prices-data-perspective

Kenyan export chart
[img] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Kenya_Export_Treemap.jpg/qlow-350px-Kenya_Export_Treemap.jpg[/img]
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1885256
You can see from the above the level of diversification of each country's exports. And exports are from surplus production so...

Then to retail. At 30% formalization, kenya has a much more developed retail sector, dominated by Kenyan companies. The more formal a retail sector, the more diversity a consumer is able to get. And if these diverse products are mostly local as is in Kenya, then the more market for its processed goods. That's why the most developed countries have the most formalized retail sectors in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by highheybee: 9:23am On Nov 24, 2016
Jay254:

Have Nigerians like Nairalander told how many Nigerians are getting their education from Kenya? Can it be said of Kenyans in Nigeria?? Kenyan universities has a lot of students from every part of the world, S.A, USA,U.k... Mind you some of the Unis are not mentioned in the top 100.

Lol...that's because they aunt there...if am to study else where in Africa it Will be at the top 3universities in South Africa...and for Nigerians studying in Kenya maybe it's because Nigeria universities really scrutinize alot...why will me,my brothers,brainy friends I know of think about schooling in Kenya.... it's either Capetown,pretoria or the likes of MIT's not some Kenya universities....Nairobi is good though buh it's teaching to student ratio,teaching and research is not even as good as university of Ibadan..so nothing spectacular about it....and mind you university of Ibadan still has one of the lowest teacger to student ratio behind Capetown
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 9:29am On Nov 24, 2016
It more to do with lack of 1) quality universities in nigeria - their best-ibadan is Africa's now 15th - and world maybe 2000 2) There are very few universities branches of top universities in Nigeria - and this is probably what is attracting Nigeria student to Nairobi or South Africa - coz you'll find campus of many British, Australian and even US universities in Nairobi but not Nigeria

Nigeria has long way to go when it come to higher education...which is probably the only sector they are mildy competitive in Africa -apart from extracting billions of barrels of oil with absolutely little to show for it!!

Nigeria are sending all the billions from oil to build South Africa, UK, Australia and US universities. This is something they need to reverse. Kenya was similarly doing that...but for the last decade or so...Kenyan universities have pulled their socks and have expanded crazily...and now parents would rather send them to local affordable universities than spend a fortune paying fees abroad. That will develop local universities. This is why Nigeria remain a big paradox.

highheybee:

Lol...that's because they aunt there...if am to study else where in Africa it Will be at the top 3universities in South Africa...and for Nigerians studying in Kenya maybe it's because Nigeria universities really scrutinize alot...why will me,my brothers,brainy friends I know of think about schooling in Kenya.... it's either Capetown,pretoria or the likes of MIT's not some Kenya universities....Nairobi is good though buh it's teaching to student ratio,teaching and research is not even as good as university of Ibadan..so nothing spectacular about it....and mind you university of Ibadan still has one of the lowest teacger to student ratio behind Capetown

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:34am On Nov 24, 2016
I cannot finish posting photos of large Malls and supermarket in Top ten Kenyan cities so I will post photos of small Kenyan urban centers

Towns with less than 50k population

Naivasha Bufallo mall and Ananas mall Makongeni

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2016
highheybee:

Nigerians plenty whey dey school for Kenya o, person dey collect first degree in 2yrs 8months if your head fit carry am and most importantly there is a "coded" grin reason why Kenya is a good destination to study.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:39am On Nov 24, 2016
Buffalo mall render and final product

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 9:42am On Nov 24, 2016
Cida mall Nanyuki and Nakumatt Diani

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 24, 2016
kisscovenant uni.landmark.yaba tech.covenant

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2016
;Dfunaab.uni ibadan

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 24, 2016
kissnorthwest uni.Abu Zaria.futo senate buildings

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 24, 2016
;Dafe babalola.american uni of nig.northwest.uni lag

winkuniilorin.au.Abu Zaria.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2016
;Dunn.oduduwa.oau

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ajnomex: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2016
please anyone with abu zaria interfaculty transfer admission idea? is the admission out....thanks greatly in anticipation for your reply
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2016
This thread will hit 100 pages before Christmas! cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by highheybee: 9:51am On Nov 24, 2016
rvp2017:
It more to do with lack of 1) quality universities in nigeria - their best-ibadan is Africa's now 15th - and world maybe 2000 2) There are very few universities branches of top universities in Nigeria - and this is probably what is attracting Nigeria student to Nairobi or South Africa - coz you'll find campus of many British, Australian and even US universities in Nairobi but not Nigeria

Nigeria has long way to go when it come to higher education...which is probably the only sector they are mildy competitive in Africa -apart from extracting billions of barrels of oil with absolutely little to show for it!!

Nigeria are sending all the billions from oil to build South Africa, UK, Australia and US universities. This is something they need to reverse. Kenya was similarly doing that...but for the last decade or so...Kenyan universities have pulled their socks and have expanded crazily...and now parents would rather send them to local affordable universities than spend a fortune paying fees abroad. That will develop local universities. This is why Nigeria remain a big paradox.

Yeah,i give you that one...money spent overseas on education in Nigeria is cumbersome...and there's also not ease to establishing foreign universities in Nigeria

Pls let me on the amount paid in those foreign established universities in Kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2016
I don't know that much about nigeria university education but I suspect it similar to kenya in 90s. They have this very difficult to pass entrance exams for gov sponsored kids locking out thousands or millions in nigeria who have to go abroad. The federal universities then depend on gov or states for funding...leading to all sort of problems from delayed funds - etc.

The solution in kenya was to allow public or federal universities to admit privately sponsored students and to lower the pass mark for entry universities.

All over sudden kenya has more than 0.5M kids in universities locally and universities have so much money they are building 20 storey buildings, buying hotels, building hospitals and name it.

Now kenya gov has started funding student in private universities....so private universities are going to expand seriously.

highheybee:

Yeah,i give you that one...money spent overseas on education in Nigeria is cumbersome...and there's also not ease to establishing foreign universities in Nigeria

Pls let me on the amount paid in those foreign established universities in Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 10:17am On Nov 24, 2016
Please show the shitty pictures of Nigerian universities please.

rvp2017:
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 10:19am On Nov 24, 2016
what exactly makes you think there are more Nigerians studying abroad than at home? you are such a joker!

is it not dumb to assume that people prefer to study abroad than home?

rvp2017:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 24, 2016
Location Number of employees in offices of the United Nations
New York City 10,000
Geneva 9,800
Nairobi 4,000
Vienna 4,000
Rome 3,200
Copenhagen 1,500

Will just leave that there

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2016
Green square mall Kericho render and final building

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2016
Read somewhere Kenya has more malls per capita than Nigeria.
http://mgafrica.com/article/2016-04-15-shopping-in-africa

The following major companies have their African hq in Kenya
Google, IBM, Coca Cola, Toyota, World Bank and some more big international companies

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 10:41am On Nov 24, 2016
Oltalet mall Narok

Don't forget this are very small towns in Kenya

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.