Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,371 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:45 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1159385 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (2507) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
This is too much for their brains. It the same way they think they are more cultural for wearing ugly chinese prints.
They generally think that they have been wearing those prints for centuries.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Vlain: 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
kikuyu1:

These guys are human crash test dummies! No sense whatsoever hurling themselves into reality full speed repeatedly!

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/463791-how-fct-plans-to-curb-open-defecation-official.html

It was always like that: the systemic fkups you only see in a place like Naij.

[url]Using the loo in Abuja costs N400
January 22, 2011[/url]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/using-the-loo-in-abuja-costs-n400/

That was a decade ago-ishyt is literally worse and they point fingers! Its like open defecation in the Uhuru Highway ditches outside Parliament! Its not in my nature to post such pix but the evidence is OVERWHELMING!

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-investigations/282346-special-report-why-open-defecation-is-prevalent-across-nigeria.html

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/283933-five-notorious-spots-where-people-defecate-openly-in-abuja.html

Just wait. An hour from now one of these dummies will come post the glories of Abuja!?

U are damn right we will. U will have to learn to accept the raw undeniable beauty of Abuja in peace .there is nothing ur articles or blogs can do to ever stop me from posting this beautiful advance city that puts anything in Kenya to dust-just know this and know peace.now open ur eyes and enjoy what a Potemkin city looks like..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT0C7URG6-Q

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Vlain: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
Long story short - show us the progress of Illubrin - anybody can dream a vision - it's been more than 5yrs since this thread started - not a single Nigerian project has come to fruition.

Surely you have a short lived memory-guess it’s old age.I have showed u this once idiot.
@ bolded that must be Kenya- so now u do agree u lied about the size right.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Vlain: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
NTSA:

Kenya is a free-market economy, every developer has a target market for their projects, I can post projects for low-income housing, luxury apartments, etc. Remember Nairobi has the highest concentration of UN offices outside Newyork and Geneva. furthermore, I don't see anything wrong with a developer wanting to tap into the expatriat market.

We have projects for all strata as well but it’s the citizens that most occupy this things.foreigner hop into any strata they can afford. Get my point now cos they don’t have any project in the western world to target the Kenyan market.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
He is comparing apples with oranges - just raging like angry bull because he knows their zoo is dysfunctional
Right now the Lamu operation is in the last stages. That is civil-military cooperation.
generally, most professional military operations follow this order
Preparation

Intelligence gathering phase[1]
Operations planning phase
Logistics management phase
Deception and counterintelligence phase
Assembly phase
Conduct

Initial (combat assault) phase
Breakthrough phase
Exploitation

Follow-on (support) phase
Pursuit phase
Objective security phase
Position consolidation phase
Defensive phase
Reorganisation phase
A lull in combat (usually unplanned)
Stability

Enable civil authorities
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Vlain: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
Yes Abuja is a failed city of gov offices - and it now drowing in slums.

Mpape - Mpape is close to maitama and also the largest slum settlement in Abuja Nigeria. Over 1 million people live here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5xr_68Uxg4

Nairobi Kibera - has only 0.17M people

Yet kibera is the most famous populated slum coming out of Africa.could it be the world hate Kenya so much but too scared of Nigeria to mention Abuja- so ret@rded as the idiot ruling over u.

Worry about kibera that is a stone throw from upper hill. Heck upper hill and kibera share the same fvcking ruaka town. Mpape is not within the city limit of Abuja and its a fact. And comparing mpape to any slum in Kenya is like comparing day and night- thats just madness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
Im an ECOWAS citizen... that makes me Nigerian as well...

Why do you feel oppressed? grin grin grin

My country is the kind of country you want Kenya to be... unfortunately Kenya is not on that level to compete #insignificant
Saddamochieng00:

Who asked you? Are you Nigerian? Can't you speak for your own village.

I won't even waste my time on you. You country is just too insignificant, not even on Uganda's level.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2021
Vlain:

He so stupid.they are destined to view places like that from the slum but never,ever set foot there,except maybe as a househelp or Gardner. Shame! Shame!! Shame!!
slaves mentality is their bane grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
NTSA:

standard bank S.A assets are at around $2.5 billion while Equity bank kenya has assets worth $2.3 billion. kenya is catching up fast

Standard bank has assets worth $131 billion

Not 2.5 billion
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
NTSA:

Kenya is a free-market economy, every developer has a target market for their projects, I can post projects for low-income housing, luxury apartments, etc. Remember Nairobi has the highest concentration of UN offices outside Newyork and Geneva. furthermore, I don't see anything wrong with a developer wanting to tap into the expatriat market.
Kenya, free market?

Funny grin grin grin

The question is, is it because kenyans are poor hence why they can only target tourist and UN workers?

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
kikuyu1:

I think they're STILL in shock. Since mid 2000s they've been TOTALLY edged out of the top tier.
Now Standard and Barclays (Absa) are middle tier! Considering they were so confident of their position in the late 90s they ACTUALLY closed down many real branches like Kiambu town. I SPECIFICALLY rmbr a convo at the time where a pal told the Barclays Kiambu manager in 99 he'd regret the move sooner rather than later.....
The rise of our indig banks and SACCOS will be studied by Harvard,(I KNOW Equity Bank is). Award winning documentaries will be made of this development.

Standard bank is no longer a subsidiary, same goes for Absa
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
Now it's about popularity. Nairobi is HQ of global media houses. BBC, CNN, name them. I think Nairobi beats Joburg in that respect. Also Nairobi is social capital HQ - NGOS/UN - work from Nairobi. Kenya warts and all will be aired. But Nigeria how do you even begin - a country where terrorists kill more than 1000 people daily.
Vlain:

Yet kibera is the most famous populated slum coming out of Africa.could it be the world hate Kenya so much but too scared of Nigeria to mention Abuja- so ret@rded as the idiot ruling over u.

Worry about kibera that is a stone throw from upper hill. Heck upper hill and kibera share the same fvcking ruaka town. Mpape is not within the city limit of Abuja and its a fact. And comparing mpape to any slum in Kenya is like comparing day and night- thats just madness

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
Enaki city is not only action in Nairobi. This not the barren Accra. This world 4th most dynamic city - and everywhere in Nairobi is a construction site.
Just30:
Kenya, free market?

Funny grin grin grin

The question is, visit because kenyans are poor hence why they can only target tourist and UN workers?

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2021
ABSA - South Africans only own 40% - the rest of Shareholding is outside the country. That is foreign bank to me. The same with Standard Bank

ABSA
Geographical holding (by owner) 31 Dec 2018 (%)
United Kingdom 27.27
South Africa 40.47
United States and Canada 17.64
Other countries 14.62

AfriqueDuZuid:

Standard bank is no longer a subsidiary, same goes for Absa

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
NTSA:

I don't know if you understand what subsidiary means, Safaricom is not a subsidiary of any company at the moment. it's a Kenyan company. By Kenyan, I mean Kenyans are the majority shareholders

Vodafone has 5% of safaricom
Vocacom has 35% of safaricom
Kenya government has 35%

The rest are shares owned by private investors
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
NTSA:

Right now the Lamu operation is in the last stages. That is civil-military cooperation.
generally, most professional military operations follow this order
Preparation

Intelligence gathering phase[1]
Operations planning phase
Logistics management phase
Deception and counterintelligence phase
Assembly phase
Conduct

Initial (combat assault) phase
Breakthrough phase
Exploitation

Follow-on (support) phase
Pursuit phase
Objective security phase
Position consolidation phase
Defensive phase
Reorganisation phase
A lull in combat (usually unplanned)
Stability

Enable civil authorities
it started with operation ,"linda boni" now it has morphed to "amani boni" the guys generally patrol the area in partnership with the police units while engaging in civil military engagements with the locals.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
And what is point - a company is subsidiary only if shareholding of the parent company is greater than 50% shackman. Safaricom was Telkom subsidiary - never a Vodafone - and present day owners. The substantial owner of Safaricom right now is Kenya gov - because not only does it owns 35 percent -but can also represent the public who own 25 percent - as most of those are also public - like pension funds
AfriqueDuZuid:

Kenya government has 35%

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2021
Just30:
Im an ECOWAS citizen... that makes me Nigerian as well...

Why do you feel oppressed? grin grin grin

My country is the kind of country you want Kenya to be... unfortunately Kenya is not on that level to compete #insignificant

Speak for your country EOD.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

Kenya government has 35%

You have proved nothing.

Reread the previous submission and answer the question.

Do you know what subsidiary stands for?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
ABSA - South Africans only own 40% - the rest of Shareholding is outside the country. That is foreign bank to me. The same with Standard Bank

ABSA
United Kingdom 27.27
South Africa 40.47
Other countries 14.62

I guess you don't understand how public companies work, it has different shareholders accros the world

Even if major shareholders are outside the company remains...

For instance when Coca-Cola lists in south Africa its an American company listed in south Africa

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:

ABSA
United Kingdom 27.27
South Africa 40.47
Other countries 14.62

I guess you don't understand how public companies work, it has different shareholders accros the world

For instance when Coca-Cola lists in south Africa its an American company listed in south Africa

Irrespective of origin of shareholder
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
ABSA and Standard Bank are not PUBLIC companies. They are publicly listed companies. They are not South African companies per see because they are majority foriegn owned.
AfriqueDuZuid:

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Vlain: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
Now it's about popularity. Nairobi is HQ of global media houses. BBC, CNN, name them. I think Nairobi beats Joburg in that respect. Also Nairobi is social capital HQ - NGOS/UN - work from Nairobi. Kenya warts and all will be aired. But Nigeria how do you even begin - a country where terrorists kill more than 1000 people daily.

U are splitting hairs idiot- the title of this thread boldly screams facts not emotions or speculations.Nairobi hosts UN and UN-Habitat(in charge of habitatable living for all strata). It will be a slap on their face to allow figure to be inflated- it’s goes against what UN-HABITATA standards for. Mpape is so unpopular even in Nigeria- it’s has never made international headlines because it’s so insignificant and irrelevantly tiny. When they want serious slum they go Kenya or go India. Both zoos are leaders in such- this shouldn’t e Ben hit u as a surprise.95% Nairobi living in slum save for the few expatriate and elite that makes 5% -so where is this surprise coming from like this ain’t ur everyday life

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
Enaki city is not only action in Nairobi. This not the barren Accra. This world 4th most dynamic city - and everywhere in Nairobi is a construction site.
kid

If everywhere in Kenya is a construction site, barren Kenya wont have less cement consumption than Ghana....

SHHHH grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
There stages of solving a problem - but it starts with knowing and highlighting the problem. Nigeria is total zoo where the problems are so overwhelming you do not even care to talk about them.

Nairobi slums and people there receive attention. In fact Kibera has more NGOS per capita than any other slum in the world. That is great progress.

Our problems are highlighted because we have robust local and international media that are free to air anything including exaggerated figures.

Now Mpabbe - if not for that brave Youtuber smiley - we would never have known it - we would have thought Abuja had no slums - turn out there are so many slums - and majority of Abuja live there

Mpabe SIT next to Maitama - how can it not be center of Abuja?

Vlain:

U are splitting hairs idiot- the title of this thread boldly screams facts not emotions or speculations.Nairobi hosts UN and UN-Habitat(in charge of habitatable living for all strata). It will be a slap on their face to allow figure to be inflated- it’s goes against what UN-HABITATA standards for. Mpape is so unpopular even in Nigeria- it’s has never made international headlines because it’s so insignificant and irrelevantly tiny. When they want serious slum they go Kenya or go India. Both zoos are leaders in such- this shouldn’t e Ben hit u as a surprise.95% Nairobi living in slum save for the few expatriate and elite that makes 5% -so where is this surprise coming from like this ain’t ur everyday life

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
Saddamochieng00:

Speak for your country EOD.
I have

dont be depressed because you country doesn't match up grin grin grin

The rest is mere tantrums from a kid

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
And what is point - a company is subsidiary only if shareholding of the parent company is greater than 50% shackman. Safaricom was Telkom subsidiary - never a Vodafone - and present day owners. The substantial owner of Safaricom right now is Kenya gov - because not only does it owns 35 percent -but can also represent the public who own 25 percent - as most of those are also public - like pension funds

The unknown can be of any origin

VODACOM and kenyan government own equal amount of shares
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
VODACOM is owned by Vodafone - a subsidiary - 65% it's shareholding. Safaricom is NOT a subsdiary of anybody. Vodafone through itself and vodacom own 40% - against Kenya gov and public (mostly kenyans) own 60 percent.
AfriqueDuZuid:

The unknown can be of any origin

VODACOM and kenyan government own equal amount of shares
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
ABSA and Standard Bank are not PUBLIC companies. They are publicly listed companies. They are not South African companies per see because they are majority foriegn owned.

Did you know Wechat, one of China biggest company is majorly owned be NASPERS that's is owned by PIC

Does it make Wechat foreign to China in your mind?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
That is why I used the word per see. Yes obviously if Nasper own more than 50 percent - then that company is South African. The same way Multichoice DSTV or Shoprite wherever it operate is seen as South African company.
AfriqueDuZuid:

Did you know Wechat, one of China biggest company is majorly owned be NASPERS that's is owned by PIC

Does it make Wechat foreign to China in your mind?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
rvp2018:
VODACOM is owned by Vodafone - a subsidiary - 65% it's shareholding. Safaricom is NOT a subsdiary of anybody. Vodafone through itself and vodacom own 40% - against Kenya gov and public (mostly kenyans) own 60 percent.

I would suggest you go learn economics and business again
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
This actually has nothing to do with economics - it Law 101. Company or Corporate Laws.

Foreign Ownership 101

Foreign ownership or control of a business or natural resource in a country by individuals who are not citizens of that country or by companies whose headquarters outside that country.In general, foreign ownership occurs when multinational corporations, which do business in more than one country, inject long-term investments in a foreign country, usually in the form of foreign direct investment or acquisition.If a multinational corporation acquires at least half of a company, the multinational corporation becomes a holding company, and the company receiving the foreign investment becomes a subsidiary. Also, foreign ownership can occur when a domestic property is acquired by a foreign individual. An example is an Indian businessman buying a house in Hong Kong.

AfriqueDuZuid:

I would suggest you go learn economics and business again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (2507) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.