Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,060 members, 7,883,680 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:21 PM

Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? (20539 Views)

Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Krismart(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Dinhodinho(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
Its Possible

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by MVLOX(m): 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
I will ooo cuz Its said dat u can't look for a job wen u are jobless..... all I nid do is take it to keep myself going and keep my eyes open for oda opportunities

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by joseph1832(m): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hell No!. God forbid bad thing. I'd rather be a labourer than accept that nonsense sum.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Bonjelomo: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lols...I know a number of people who earn 15k as teachers in my Abule Egba neighbord...and they are happily living withing their means

6 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Malakh: 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
dis una paper certificate don deceive una, who send you make you spend thousands on what is not guaranteed, u know your worth u say, yr worth that is based on what?
Sezua:
I can't and would never ever. I say this because I know my worth, now op- do you know what you are worth? Don't be deceived to think it's a small business, the business owners would never let you know their profits.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by beautiful232(f): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
half bread is better then none
if I wasn't working, would have accepted it while I look out for something better

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by idris4r83(m): 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
martinz1:
Half bread is better than fried yam
half bread better than my best food? You must be joking.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
when my head is not drinking engine oil. Na work and die be that nah. Buhari and osinbade sef dey laugh the OP.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Lighthouseman: 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
It's not enough to be a graduate! Graduate na name jareh... What can u offer?
Have u improved yourself?
What skill do u have?
Can u drive?
Abi Na certificate u had dey call ur self graduate?
Graduate us overrated in Nigeria.
For them to offer u 18k is what the employer feels you are worth.. Meanwhile, u could pick it up while u improve your self and have a higher offer once the economy bounces back...

4 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Teespice(f): 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
kettle84:
I rebuke the foolishness of receiving 18k after 31 days of hard labour.

pray this in a loud voice:

I reject to work like an elephant and eat like an ant!

AMEN.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by abduolaye(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
It is quite unfortunate, but then i will advise you to accept provided you will hv spare time to go for other little business to supplement ur basic salary

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by BoboFashion(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
Which kind question be dis? embarassed
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by BoboFashion(m): 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Which kind question be dis? embarassed
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by ClitRaider: 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:

Bros no be fight ooo, the topic itself is a question for you to answer or contribute, if you think I ain't right you can correct me biko, coz nobody is perfect except GOD Almighty, I only asked for you guys opinions not u telling me I am asking useless questions, please and please, I don't like it, thanks anyways.
If you can't take banters, you don't come here.
You take the good and the bad, you can't sift em, else you'll never go far.
Grow up, be a man.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Sezua(m): 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Malakh:
dis una paper certificate don deceive una, who send you make you spend thousands on what is not guaranteed, u know your worth u say, yr worth that is based on what?
what da fuq are you saying? It's not my fault that you can't do the things I can do. I have only a BSc in accounting, but I had to put my hands into learning a lot of other things. I av been a tailor, electrician, personal Assistant, cyber cafe operator at different points in my life. So please don't be stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by LOVEGINO(m): 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
Even if na 5k. Dey there

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Sezua(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lighthouseman:
It's not enough to be a graduate! Graduate na name jareh... What can u offer?
Have u improved yourself?
What skill do u have?
Can u drive?
Abi Na certificate u had dey call ur self graduate?
Graduate us overrated in Nigeria.
For them to offer u 18k is what the employer feels you are worth.. Meanwhile, u could pick it up while u improve your self and have a higher offer once the economy bounces back...
a graduate once came to our office for an interview and she couldn't use MSword. I couldn't believe myself that day.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by val4sure(m): 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
18k small,but brother just manage am if you don't have anything doing that yield you money.
Anyway for your relationship tips and counselling visit www.datingcomrade.com

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
eay:
Well the goodnews is...MMM is changing lifes and bridging d gap btw the rich and d poor.
I have alot of job seekers in my team that actually donated their 'little money' Whc yield 30% increase after 30days.
I'm a living testimony!
If you are REALLY INTERESTED, I will tell u everytin abt MMM + guide u tru your registration + add you to our MMM whatsapp grp.
[/b]U can quote me and drop your whatsapp number[b]
Pls ooo...it's not for everybody ooo
Only if you are interested.
I have a lot of ppl being grateful everyday for this MMM platform.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Malakh: 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
seriously lol, you think everybody is struggling, if i were to exchange my foreign currency with naija's exchange rate, I would be in the millions in naija not everybody is struggling,I might even set a biz up for you to take care of yrself for years, we just come here to keep ourselves abreast about naija..
Sezua:

what da fuq are you saying? It's not my fault that you can't do the things I can do. I have only a BSc in accounting, but I had to put my hands into learning a lot of other things. I av been a tailor, electrician, personal Assistant, cyber cafe operator at different points in my life. So please don't be stupid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by ifenes(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
Why would anyone take that. That's slavery

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kolaish(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
ACCEPT IT. START FROM SOMEWHERE. IF YOU ARE REALLY HARDWORKING IT WILL BE A STEPPING STONE TO A BIGGER JOB FOR U AND A PART OF YOUR EXPERIENCE IN LIFE. IT IS ONLY A LAZY MAN THAT SITS IN THE HOUSE WAITING FOR A BIGGER OFFER FROM NOWHERE. MY FIRST SALARY WAS N70 IN 1986. AS AT THEN, A JEANS/CAUDRAW/GOOD POLO GOES FOR N15 IN THE MARKET. TODAY, BY GOD'S GRACE I HAVE 21 PEOPLE ON MY PAYROLL.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by muller101(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
Some jobless youths here will be the first to shout God forbid.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by ogawisdom(m): 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:
We all how things are really are in this Buhari's regime, i shouldn't swear, from biscuit to rice, make I no talk am finish, after searching for jobs months after service, and disrespect wan dey enter things, I want you guyz to give reasonable advice from the heart, even families and relatives who promised heaven and earth when we were in school, nah lie and excuses end the matter, it's only GOD that kept HIS promise, please let's see things together, thank you.

If u dnt ve a choice would u rather be idle

Childish question

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by smileysmiley(f): 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:
We all how things are really are in this Buhari's regime, i shouldn't swear, from biscuit to rice, make I no talk am finish, after searching for jobs months after service, and disrespect wan dey enter things, I want you guyz to give reasonable advice from the heart, even families and relatives who promised heaven and earth when we were in school, nah lie and excuses end the matter, it's only GOD that kept HIS promise, please let's see things together, thank you.
depends on timing and probably expenses that will arise from the job, such as t fare and feeding... if it can take care of these needs and help you learn some skills which will help build up your cv then it's much more better than just sitting at home and eating mama thank you

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
walexzee11:
Depends on situations, some will gladly have the job somewhere in Nigeria!!!

half a loaf is better than none......who knows what God is going to do from there!

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by holluphemydavid(m): 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
U av to start from somewhere, dats d situation we found ourselves in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by ohenhen1: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
Better to stay unemployed. But if it is a second job and it is not stressful like a life guard job or librarian it will be okay.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by SlimBrawnie(f): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
As an undergraduate, I was offered 30k as salary by some firms in Abuja some months back either as a secretary, paralegal or admin assist...and I complained it was too small even after accepting one of the offers... Men! I've been ungrateful.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by zikter(m): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:

Like seriously, are you for real, a whole graduate, thanks brother, I sincerely appreciate your contribution.
More comments to roll in.
this your response suggests you don't need advice or you know the answer to your question, as it affects you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / BGS Mgt Interview / Channels TV 2019 Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.