Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,061 members, 7,883,682 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:23 PM

Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? (20540 Views)

Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
It depends on your mentality. My mentality is that such Job is a stepping stone onto greater opportunities.

Please who knows the title of this song...
"Girl I kno u like *somtin* inside u body. Hold up hold up hold up"

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Rapture4real(m): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
eay:
Well the goodnews is...MMM is changing lifes and bridging d gap btw the rich and d poor.
I have alot of job seekers in my team that actually donated their 'little money' Whc yield 30% increase after 30days.
I'm a living testimony!
If you are REALLY INTERESTED, I will tell u everytin abt MMM + guide u tru your registration + add you to our MMM whatsapp grp.
[/b]U can quote me and drop your whatsapp number[b]
Pls ooo...it's not for everybody ooo
Only if you are interested.
I have a lot of ppl being grateful everyday for this MMM platform.
Cheers!

WhassApp 08087378941.if it's real, I hV people who are interested

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lighthouseman:
It's not enough to be a graduate! Graduate na name jareh... What can u offer?
Have u improved yourself?
What skill do u have?
Can u drive?
Abi Na certificate u had dey call ur self graduate?
Graduate us overrated in Nigeria.
For them to offer u 18k is what the employer feels you are worth.. Meanwhile, u could pick it up while u improve your self and have a higher offer once the economy bounces back...
Bro your intention is good but what you said about what the employer felt I am worth is wrong, I can drive bicycle, motorcycle, vehicles, if nah skills e buckle, are you telling me most graduates don't have all you have said above, bro its GOD mercies, thanks for your contribution.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by babasolo(m): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:

Thanks brother, I am still laughing, you are right.

Ma Guy Dis Our Life Na Jeje Ooo, Jst Try Manage Wetin U Get, Its All Abt Survival Nd Give All The Praise To Baba God.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by archbishop007(m): 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hmmm what a question!
Bros that's my current salary o, I've tried all my best to even get a shop where I can practice my handwork ( I repair computer, phone and Air conditioner) all my effort was in vain. A brother introduced my current job to me and I have no other means than to accept it....it's good to start from somewhere and I'm believing God for big opportunities ahead

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Lighthouseman: 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sezua:
a graduate once came to our office for an interview and she couldn't use MSword. I couldn't believe myself that day.

I had one some time ago. The was given an opportunity to recruit a replacement for myself since my time almost up... I searched until I found a graduate with a 2.1 and that was all he had to offer while the job requires a graduate who could drive... They guy said he could drive automatic. I told him sorry... If I saw another with a pass and could drive, I'd rather pick him.
Funny enough it was at nysc camp... I said to him, look around... Everyone here is a graduate and their certificates would be enough for camp fire... So, it's not about certificate and certifications.... What can u do? The present job I'm doing, I got an edge cos I could drive because companies are cutting cost and can't afford to have a driver and a graduate in their employ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by jarule75(m): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
My job fetch me 157 per month, but i can make nothing less than 80k per month legitimately. It all depend on the type of job you are offered.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by jarule75(m): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
My job fetch me 15k per month, but i can make nothing less than 80k per month legitimately. It all depend on the type of job you are offered.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
babasolo:

Ma Guy Dis Our Life Na Jeje Ooo, Jst Try Manage Wetin U Get, Its All Abt Survival Nd Give All The Praise To Baba God.
Bro, it is as if God sent you to me, thanks for your advice, you are absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by ElCapone(m): 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
About to resign from a 10k job wanna go into building full time.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by diva90: 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
Any body earning 18k as salary is not earning any money (N692 per day ..salary for 26 working days)... Cos by the time you take away transportation and lunch money, everything is gone! This does not even include tax deduction assuming your employer considers that. How possibly can the person pay other bills with so little? Even being a labourer or hawker or even an Akara seller will pay you more, atleast such people earn up to N1500 per day ... Let's say they hustle for 26 days or 27 days... They are taking home atleast N39,000
But as other people have advised, even though you may run at a loss, take the job and start from somewhere while looking for better opportunities to advance.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by amagunnerfan: 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
I won't accept a job of 500k per month in this recession and even without.

Just wish our youths can learn to think out of the box. Especially those who are working so hard to waste away their lives with Yahoo.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by claremont(m): 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2016
That figure is quite low, but if you have little or no expenses, you can hold unto it whilst on the look-out for better opportunities. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
Op no vex o, if I may ask, what skills do you have ? Pls don't talk about degree.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Lighthouseman: 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:

Bro your intention is good but what you said about what the employer felt I am worth is wrong, I can drive bicycle, motorcycle, vehicles, if nah skills e buckle, are you telling me most graduates don't have all you have said above, bro its GOD mercies, thanks for your contribution.
I have met dozen of graduates who don't have an email address... As simple as that not to talk of graduates with a well written cv.
In Hausa they call it "kwali" certificate.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by amagunnerfan: 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sezua:
a graduate once came to our office for an interview and she couldn't use MSword. I couldn't believe myself that day.
These all thing is overrated. I can't even use msword properly myself and guess what? This doesn't stop me from doing well in my field.

The real issue is people don't know what they are passionate about. They are busy chasing after money instead of discovering themselves. I deliberately told one of my worker today that I left school at SS1, he was shellshocked but it is fact. I went after what I love and learnt it inside out.

Our youth need to stop following money.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by amakablessing(f): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
I woud advice u to take it my dear dan staying idle, getting work in Nigeria is so difficult, dis country dnt recognise graduate, pls manage d one u see oh, dats my advice

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by diva90: 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Anything lower than Nysc alawee is a No No...
Alawee is 19800. If its not up to that, a No No

You said it all! It's really Unfortunate that many employers take advantage of prospective employees because they know that no matter how small the salary is, there is always someone out there willing to take it

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Originalsly: 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:

Like seriously, are you for real, a whole graduate, thanks brother, I sincerely appreciate your contribution.
More comments to roll in.
Like seriously....a whole graduate being housed and fed for free for months?... begging for pocket money?...like a child? ...begging for fare to go to interviews?...buy boxers and socks? At 18k you can at least have a little dignity as a man. As it is now.... graduate or not... You are a bum. The 18k job is not a career...but a starting block... a job from which you are likely to make connections or see more opportunities or at least be on your resume to show that you are willing to work. Graduate mentality is stifling too many of you guys....you just don't know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Tkayhandsome(m): 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
Yes dear. Same people also want you to work so hard even more than your salary. Some don't mind you working 6am-6pm for #18,000 31days
diva90:

You said it all! It's really Unfortunate that many employers take advantage of prospective employees because they know that no matter how small the salary is, there is always someone out there willing to take it

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Henrichemeka(m): 8:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
Brother, half bread is beta than non

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by mikolo80: 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
eay:
Ha...ds is very bad ooo.
Never settle for less! Do you know Aw much u paid for tuition fee during ur undergrads? Do u knw Aw much ur project research wrk cost? Do you knw a many members of ur family are praying for you to get a job because dey nee assistance frm u?
Well...I will advise u dt u dn settle for less.
HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE is a poverty mentality.
Instead of u to get a salary of 18k...I will advise you start up a trading business with as low as 5k.
I prefer, you apply as an 'intern' and get 18k stipends to you applying as a full tym staff and get 18k as ur salary...Datz bad!
when you de house for like 2 years you go find 5k job you no go see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
I really get so surprised when people ask such silly questions.If you know where the shoe you wear pains you,you shouldn't be asking such questions because we humans don't think and reason the same way.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Ranchhoddas: 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
eay:
Ha...ds is very bad ooo.
Never settle for less! Do you know Aw much u paid for tuition fee during ur undergrads? Do u knw Aw much ur project research wrk cost? Do you knw a many members of ur family are praying for you to get a job because dey nee assistance frm u?
Well...I will advise u dt u dn settle for less.
HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE is a poverty mentality.
Instead of u to get a salary of 18k...I will advise you start up a trading business with as low as 5k.
I prefer, you apply as an 'intern' and get 18k stipends to you applying as a full tym staff and get 18k as ur salary...Datz bad!
Person wey dey do MMM na im dey talk this kind rubbish. Shiooorrrr
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:
We all how things are really are in this Buhari's regime, i shouldn't swear, from biscuit to rice, make I no talk am finish, after searching for jobs months after service, and disrespect wan dey enter things, I want you guyz to give reasonable advice from the heart, even families and relatives who promised heaven and earth when we were in school, nah lie and excuses end the matter, it's only GOD that kept HIS promise, please let's see things together, thank you.

Op, this is a very interesting question, honestly it isn't easy at all especially in our current myopic economy.
let's analyze something,
earning 18k per month
18000/ 31 = just above 500 naira per day.. (Fixed)

that's really bad...
take a barber for example,
he charges #400 per hair cut...
and on an average he gets 10 people per day...
that like #400 * 10 = he makes 4000 per day on an average ( dynamic)
4000 * 31 days = #124,000

yeah, people will criticize me for not considering a capital in the latter,
that's true, but as a worker you also pay for feeding, transportation, Airtime ,internet, and miscellaneous expenses..

Same applies to the barber but to some degree...

In a nutshell , don't take that job.. why?
1. cause it adds nothing to your CV!
2. You are a graduate for crying out loud, pray to God to show your Billion dollar idea..
3. you won't find time to develop in your career, especially when you resume by 8am and close 5pm ( am assuming)

4. I pray for God to take you to a greater height, and honestly this isn't his plan for you. whether you made a 2.1 or 3rd class that doesn't matter. just dream big and try to achieve it.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Mypeople2(m): 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:
We all how things are really are in this Buhari's regime, i shouldn't swear, from biscuit to rice, make I no talk am finish, after searching for jobs months after service, and disrespect wan dey enter things, I want you guyz to give reasonable advice from the heart, even families and relatives who promised heaven and earth when we were in school, nah lie and excuses end the matter, it's only GOD that kept HIS promise, please let's see things together, thank you.
My guy, you can take it for the time being provided when transport fare is removed, you can still get up to 15k .It is better to take it than to be a beggar or a liability to people. By the way, that is not a "job"....it is a "work "

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Oyoyo190: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ex corpers come and answer this question, please.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Oyoyo190: 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
@Eze, barbers earned #120,000per month and they still lookin for job? when u open ur own, u will realize that what u said is not true.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Jbuster: 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nigerians are so hypocritical, someone asked for an advise ,but people are criticizing him for considering the job of 18k, many of us are not willing to tell what we are doing that is giving us better pay. But saying its not worth it. Don't take that job, JUMP at it. Things are pretty difficult right now

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Sergioaguero: 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
depending on the distance from your house. calculate your feeding and transport. check ur monthly expenses and what is left after expenses. you can work for 3 months and save a little money for your catfish hatchery business with just 20000 naira only. whatsapp me on 08138570184 https://www./GreatInventors/

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Anointed08(m): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Prostrating for a dwarf cannot prevent you from growing tall. Accept the job and pray for a better job. You will win.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by jokerphilics(m): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
Some people are so fake shaa. They will cone here ranting dey can't take so so amount while they are the ones opening bet shop with the owner 7 am in the morning with #100 or #200 wanting to win millions with it. Aja one ere

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BGS Mgt Interview / Channels TV 2019 Job Recruitment / Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.