Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,140 members, 7,907,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:00 AM

Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? (20587 Views)

Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by ahahnow: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
As an undergraduate, I was offered 30k as salary by some firms in Abuja some months back either as a secretary, paralegal or admin assist...and I complained it was too small even after accepting one of the offers... Men! I've been ungrateful.

which position did you go for?
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
zinny377:
If its a 2hrs shift i will.
My dear it is the whole day o.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by babasolo(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
Bros U See 1800 Job For This Buhari Time U Go Still The Make Noise?? How Much Casual Staffs The Collect For Govt Office? Na 5k Oooo, No The Shout Graduate For My Ear, Hommies Pocket Masters Degree, Humble Them Selves The Find Food To Chop. Grab Dat Job In Jesus Name

4 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by ikorodureporta: 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
Some ppl are doing 10k jobs. If u'r earning 40k & spend 30k on trans, compared to a job of 18k around yr house where u jst stroll to or pay N50 okada, which one betta pass??

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by manie(m): 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:

Like seriously, are you for real, a whole graduate, thanks brother, I sincerely appreciate your contribution.
More comments to roll in.

You asked a question and he gave his opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Jennystyle(f): 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
where am working now pays less than that a month, am a public administration graduate, from one of the federal universities in the south south. am still looking for a job, but am managing my present job, for now. Baba God please pick up my call oooooh.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Pidggin(f): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:

Bros no be fight ooo, the topic itself is a question for you to answer or contribute, if you think I ain't right you can correct me biko, coz nobody is perfect except GOD Almighty, I only asked for you guys opinions not u telling me I am asking useless questions, please and please, I don't like it, thanks anyways.

But your question is not an intelligent one, is it not better to have a little than nothing at all or are you not aware of what is going on now?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Azord(m): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
Doyin400l:
I dey craze..Tufiakwa I reject the spirit that will convince me to receive that stipends.
and den you remain jobless

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Malakh:
seriously lol, you think everybody is struggling, if i were to exchange my foreign currency with naija's exchange rate, I would be in the millions in naija not everybody is struggling,I might even set a biz up for you to take care of yrself for years, we just come here to keep ourselves abreast about naija..
Bros please help me, I will look after the business for you very well, Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by tabithababy(f): 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Op, abeg una , take the job since you are sure your employer is gonna pay you at the end of the month, then look around for bigger opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by SUNFLX(m): 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
depend on d distance between d place nd my location

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by millhouse: 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Over reliance on certificate dey worry grads.. If u comot shame hit the streets you go make pass that amount na.. Don't you know how much a conductor takes home everyday? Or a cab driver.. And they earn per day and save up.. U want to be collecting 18k and before the end of the month you will be in Hugh debt.. Unless u want to be trekking to work, starving, not making calls, not buying soap to bath coupled with d high cost of things.. My broda u will just be worse off.. Just retrospect and plan yourself.. Things are around u that u can do.
I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by Azord(m): 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
jc173:
Half bread is better than none brother, accept the one u are seeing now, when the bigger one comes u grab
abi he can even accept it and get a beta one lera.
I have heard of some one dat is a graduate just from gateman wif school cert i advise he should be humble and forget abt his job.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by yak(m): 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
does the 18k take care of ur TP? if yes, then accept it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by anochuko01(m): 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sezua:
I can't and would never ever. I say this because I know my worth, now op- do you know what you are worth? Don't be deceived to think it's a small business, the business owners would never let you know their profits.
With no harm or insult intended, can you pls tell the house what you're worth? We really would love to know if your worth is really worth it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
zikter:
this your response suggests you don't need advice or you know the answer to your question, as it affects you
Not like that Zikter, don't be annoyed, infact from you guyz advice, I am now in a better way to decide. Thank you.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
babasolo:
Bros U See 1800 Job For This Buhari Time U Go Still The Make Noise?? How Much Casual Staffs The Collect For Govt Office? Na 5k Oooo, No The Shout Graduate For My Ear, Hommies Pocket Masters Degree, Humble Them Selves The Find Food To Chop. Grab Dat Job In Jesus Name
Thanks brother, I am still laughing, you are right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by XaintJoel20: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
Malakh:
seriously lol, you think everybody is struggling, if i were to exchange my foreign currency with naija's exchange rate, I would be in the millions in naija not everybody is struggling,I might even set a biz up for you to take care of yrself for years, we just come here to keep ourselves abreast about naija..
Don't be too hard on him.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by zinny377(f): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:

My dear it is the whole day o.
Lol! This must b a joke.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
anochuko01:

With no harm or insult intended, can you pls tell the house what you're worth? We really would love to know if your worth is really worth it. grin
Thank you bro, I want and waiting for his response too.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by crowntoro(f): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
That's almost equivalent to allawee, so you can as well assume that you are serving... Kpele
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
zinny377:
Lol! This must b a joke.
No it is not.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by mattyboy007(m): 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
I Ratherdo labourer work dan accpt dis scrap a month.. wit labourer wrk daily, am sure of keeping 1k daily aftr i hv set out money for food.. #God abeg pick my call bikonu#

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
crowntoro:
That's almost equivalent to allawee, so you can as well assume that you are serving... Kpele
Abi ooo, oshe.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
anochuko01:

Thanks, I was about asking him too, please i want you to tell us your worth, no harm or insult intended.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by zikter(m): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
kabanayol9:

Not like that Zikter, don't be annoyed, infact from you guyz advice, I am now in a better way to decide. Thank you.
you are welcome. now you can pick the job if you don't have any form of income, and the expenses do not exceed the small amount. staying idle is really bad and boring. from your work you may get more connections and improve your networking. pls you know your situation more than anyone here so b discrete about "I can't take 18k as a graduate" to my personal experience. as a graduate, I picked a 6k job in 2009. after some 2-3 months, I moved to a 25k job after which my pay rose to over 45k within 3 months. shortly after that I picked a 50k job for three months and now am on far more than that with a stable foreign firm, still aiming higher. the experience at 25k job gave me the 50k job and the 50k experience gave me the present one. people's experiences are different but just give the best which ever way you choose and things will be Bette. never stop applying for roles you think you can do irrespective of whether you know someone or not. in my career so far, I have never gotten a job through knowing someone. just normal guardian stuff. goodluck
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by INTROVERT(f): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
THERE IS A GOVT ORGANISATION IN NIGERIA THAT PAYS THAT AS WEEKLY LUNCH ALLOWANCE TO SOME OF ITS STAFF.
Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by graphiti: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
irsakant:
I can, so far it is legitimate. @kantemma

I concur!

...... Far beta dn pushing drugz!

.... 1 Timothy 6 v 6: ".... But godliness with contentment is great gain."

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by kabanayol9(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sezua:
a graduate once came to our office for an interview and she couldn't use MSword. I couldn't believe myself that day.
For your church mind, because of that experience now, so you think it is all graduates that can't use MSword now.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by SlimBrawnie(f): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
ahahnow:

which position did you go for?
Admin assistant, cos its closer to where I stay

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? by spiliphiano: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
Alaye u better dey do ham...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things You Should Not Say In A Job Interview / Agxis Human Resources / FAAN Shortlisted Candidates For Interview And Physical Fitness- Bothering Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.