Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,237 members, 7,887,669 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:06 PM

Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight (2721 Views)

FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration / Nigerians Lost N21m To Burnt Cars Looted And Burnt Shops. / Xenophobia attacks! Nigerians Lost N21m To Burnt Cars Looted And Burnt Shops. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SapeleGuy: 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
You can't lose what you never had. There are certain regions who are content with the status quo, they form the majority. Those who agitate for change are called rebels and militants.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Hauwa1: 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2009
i wept for nigeria  cry cry cry cry

i always ask myself why pple are not fighting for what belong to them?? no tap water, get a borehole, no light, get generator, no good road for your car, take a walk, everybody is lawless and seems to like it, everyone is tired but life goes on . . . why? i wept for nigeria  cry
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SapeleGuy: 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

* Our forefathers were not lazy, they actually helped capture and sell their own neighbors into slavery.

* The white man could not have been able to get into the inland if not aided by the Africans who willingly went inland to capture and kidnap fellow Africans whom they sold into slavery

* Many of the White men, who made it inland, were offered slaves for batter by local village chiefs and heads

* Slaves captured during wars were quickly sold off by Africans to white slave masters in exchange for gun powder, mirrors and guns.

I take it that your forefathers were also responsible for insuring the slave cargo at Lloyds of London before the ships embarked on any voyage.

I take it that your forefathers were responsible for building the slaveships in the dockyards.

I take it you blame your forefathers for apartheid.

I take it you blame  your forefathers and the jews who were forced to cooperate with the Nazis during the holocaust.

I take it you blame the native american for being wiped out by the invading white settlers.

I take it you blame the native australian for being hunted almost to extinction by the white settler.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by MrCrackles(m): 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2009
*Hauwa*:

i wept for nigeria  cry cry cry cry
i always ask myself why pple are not fighting for what belong to them?? no tap water, get a borehole, no light, get generator, no good road for your car, take a walk, everybody is lawless and seems to like it, everyone is tired but life goes on . . . why? i wept for nigeria  cry
Stop wasting your tears, Nigeria is not worth it. . . .
Save the tears for when your boyfriend smack u silly! cool
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Hauwa1: 7:59pm On Oct 08, 2009
shocked, pls i dont want to laugh
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
SapeleGuy:

I take it that your forefathers were also responsible for insuring the slave cargo at Lloyds of London before the ships embarked on any voyage.

I take it that your forefathers were responsible for building the slaveships in the dockyards.

I take it you blame  your forefathers and the jews who were forced to cooperated with the Nazis during the holocaust.

I take it you blame the native american for being wiped out by the invading white settlers.

I take it you blame the native australian for being hunted almost to extinction by the white settler.

I hope you are not doing what i am thinking.
Please tell me you are not blaming the white people for the slavery?
A white man needed the slaves and the supplies was done by the black people, yeah, i know, you will come back and tell me, if there was no demand, there wouldn't have been supply, likewise, if the supply was not there, the demand would have dried up and they would have paid attention to other means of getting manpower.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by bidemi12(m): 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
@phemmy all the definitions you have given involves bodily harm or much worse death. hmmmm, in a nation where heroes are quickly forgoten? count me out.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Hauwa1: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2009
Femi, exactly what i was thinking he is meaning to say, blaming our problems on the white man! the white man is no longer there and yet 49years and few days ago we are very backward than ever!
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by MrCrackles(m): 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2009
*Hauwa*:

shocked, pls i dont want to laugh
U betta start grinning from north to south. . .
Nigeria is wasted, your tears are better shed in abundance when Osama Bin Laden gets bombed on the mountains of Tora Bora!
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2009
SapeleGuy:

I take it you blame  your forefathers and the jews who were forced to cooperated with the Nazis during the holocaust.

Grow up! Get real and learn to accept truth, rather than continually trying to play TWISTER around the truth, in hopes of altering FACTS and REALITY that way!

Fhemmmy:

I hope you are not doing what i am thinking.
Please tell me you are not blaming the white people for the slavery?
A white man needed the slaves and the supplies was done by the black people, yeah, [size=14pt] i know, you will come back and tell me, if there was no demand, there wouldn't have been supply, likewise, if the supply was not there, the demand would have dried up and they would have paid attention to other means of getting manpower.[/size]

O kare!!! Roflmao!!!
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2009
bidemi12:

@phemmy all the definitions you have given involves bodily harm or much worse death. hmmmm, in a nation where heroes are quickly forgoten? count me out.

Hahahahahahahahaha.
Like i said, it could be to march to Aso rock and demand changes, how is that involving bodily harm?
Also, why do u have to worry about being forgotten, and being an hero is always about being celebrated, it is about making changes
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Fhemmmy: 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Femi, exactly what i was thinking he is meaning to say, blaming our problems on the white man! the white man is no longer there and yet 49years and few days ago we are very backward than ever!

That is sad then, infact, it gets on my nerves when i see blacks talking about slavery.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SapeleGuy: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Grow up! Get real and learn to accept truth, rather than continually trying to play TWISTER around the truth, in hopes of altering FACTS and REALITY that way!

O kare!!! Roflmao!!!

We have all seen and know your type. You side with the rapist instead of the victim. If you are an african you have some serious therapy issues, you are totally absorbed in self hatred.
In any mass atrocity there will always be collaborators but that fact must never exonerate the perpetrators from responsibility or liability for their actions.

You guys need to read and emancipate yourselves from your mental bondage because you only know half the story.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2009
Does continually trying to deflect from the topic, ever help you? What has your PERSONAL and rather INSIGNIFICANT opinon of my person to do with the discussion?

As usual, you move to exonerate the one side so you can conveniently ignore the fact that the blame lies with both sides and not the one which you seem more willing to focus on.

Your forefathers HELPED the Slave masters. . . . Your FATHERS sold their own Brothers into Slavery. Are they NOT GUILTY AS WELL OF ENCOURAGING SLAVERY then? What you are doing is akin to EXONERATING  Judas iscariot from blame, when we all know he, Judas, SOLD Jesus to be killed off. Your FoREFATHERS got Paid to sell their own and they did a good job of it too considering hundreds of thousands of your so called brothers were sold off to the white man. If you are looking for perpetrators, at least start with those close to you.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SapeleGuy: 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

A white man needed the slaves and the supplies was done by the black people, yeah, i know, you will come back and tell me, if there was no demand, there wouldn't have been supply, likewise, if the supply was not there, the demand would have dried up and they would have paid attention to other means of getting manpower.

You are not being realistic. We had something that they wanted and they came and took it because they had superior military might.
Lets not get this thing twisted, slavery became less popular when it became uneconomical and that point coincided with the industrial revolution i.e machines were more efficient than humans.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
SapeleGuy:

You are not being realistic. We had something that they wanted and they came and took it because they had superior military might.
Lets not get this thing twisted, slavery became less popular when it became uneconomical and that point coincided with the industrial revolution i.e machines were more efficient than humans.

Translation

[size=14pt] if there was no demand, there wouldn't have been supply, likewise, if the supply was not there, the demand would have dried up and they would have paid attention to other means of getting manpower.[/size]

Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SapeleGuy: 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What you are doing is akin to EXONERATING  Judas iscariot from blame, when we all know he, Judas, SOLD Jesus to be killed off. Your FoREFATHERS got Paid to sell their own and they did a good job of it too considering hundreds of thousands of your so called brothers were sold off to the white man. If you are looking for perpetrators, at least start with those close to you.
Leave your allegorical religious stories aside and speak for your forefathers, you need to take responsibility for your mental state. You position shows you to be a nazi supporter. As i said there are collaborators and perpetrators don't mix them up.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2009
Continually trying to ATTACK my person will not change HISTORY!

History has it that YOUR FOREFATHERS AND MINE AIDED in the selling off of our own brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers to slave masters. Grow up and learn to accept that because these things happened does not DIMINISH who you in anyway but simply is a FACt of your Past.

Perpetrators and collaborators usually share interest, which in this case was to profit from the slaves in one way or another. Your ForeFathers were able to get PAID, as well as get rid of their enemies through the trade, while the whites gots themselves cheap human beings for use as slaves.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SapeleGuy: 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2009
I am not attacking you but merely stating facts as illustrated by your myopic and self hatred infused posts.

There is no post where I have stated that your ancestors were not collaborators but that does not exonerate those who planned and implemented a premeditated and heinous crime.

A modern day example is the drug trade, the drug taker is not pursued to the exclusion of the drug dealer. Who holds the power in this relationship?
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Fhemmmy: 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Dont blame the white man for wanting something, we all want something, and if they had used missiles to come and take the people by force and our elders of then fought them endlessly and lay down their own lives to protect the younger ones from being send into slavery, i am sure we will be singing their praise today, but the shook hands with the slave master {white man} they even drank palm wine with them, and took something in exchange for human being.
So how is that the fault of the white people?
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2009
SapeleGuy:

I am not attacking you but merely stating facts as illustrated by your myopic and self hatred infused posts.

What fact? That I am the myopic one able to accept the facts of our history, but you definitely the brilliant one for continually WEAVING and trying all you can to DISTORT the facts out of, I guess your self-love and what nots?? ROFLMAO!!!!

SapeleGuy:

There is no post where I have stated that your ancestors were not collaborators but that does not exonerate those who planned and implemented a premeditated and heinous crime.
Again, the fact remains, history speaks. Your Forefather’s and MINE where PERPETRATORS and COLLABORATORS in the great injustice that was done our own brothers and sisters. No need continuing to slice around the facts.

The talk was NEVER about exonerating anyone but simply stating the FACTS. The Fact of the matter is there were PERPETRATORS AND COLLABORATORS on, you guessed it, BOTH SIDES. Our own hands are not clean in Africa because we willingly SOLD many of our own for a piece of silver/mirror/gun, you name it!

SapeleGuy:
A modern day example is the drug trade, the drug taker is not pursued to the exclusion of the drug dealer. Who holds the power in this relationship?

[size=14pt] if there was no demand, there wouldn't have been supply, likewise, if the supply was not there, the demand would have dried up and they would have paid attention to other means of getting manpower.[/size]

Oh boy!!! @Fhemmy, I think this dude will not let down. Over to you!!!!
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Fhemmmy: 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2009
Lol.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SapeleGuy: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Dont blame the white man for wanting something, we all want something, and if they had used missiles to come and take the people by force and our elders of then fought them endlessly and lay down their own lives to protect the younger ones from being send into slavery, i am sure we will be singing their praise today, but the shook hands with the slave master {white man} they even drank palm wine with them, and took something in exchange for human being.
So how is that the fault of the white people?

This is the biggest myth that is perpetrated, our people fought, the fact that they lost should not erase the fact that they fought. No story of the African holocaust is complete without talking about the resistance of the african people, to ignore this aspect dehumanises them.
It is the same way our people have been fed the nonsense of william wilberforce ending slavery.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2009
What the heck? shocked
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Fhemmmy: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
SapeleGuy:

This is the biggest myth that is perpetrated, our people fought, the fact that they lost should not erase the fact that they fought. No story of the African holocaust is complete without talking about the resistance of the african people, to ignore this aspect dehumanises them.
It is the same way our people have been fed the nonsense of william wilberforce ending slavery.

So after they had fought and they lost, they now decided to trade their own people for gun powder and some other nonsense?
Then, those kinda people are not worth to be a leader, they are traitors and they are selfish, tell me, would any of those useless leader at that time sold their own kids into slavery?
By the way, the fight that was put up by the black people, was it by the people that were being sold or the people that were selling them?
Let us be realistic and see that, from the beginning, we never had leadership, we have always had cowards and selfish people.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SkyBlue1: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

So after they had fought and they lost, they now decided to trade their own people for gun powder and some other nonsense?
Then, those kinda people are not worth to be a leader, they are traitors and they are selfish, tell me, would any of those useless leader at that time sold their own kids into slavery?
By the way, the fight that was put up by the black people, was it by the people that were being sold or the people that were selling them?
Let us be realistic and see that, from the beginning, we never had leadership, we have always had cowards and selfish people.

?? Sorry to butt in but I think you are making a rather simplistic arguement that ignores a few factors. I don't know if it is genuine or mischief. If there was no supply there wouldn't be a demand? So when Benin kingdom was leveled and plundered by Europeans I am guessing that was with the permission of its inhabitants; right? Apologies but I just find the way you raise a select few people who were involved in slavery as a means of generalisation to what was a rape and plunder of africa simply appalling. So pointing out that Europeans must have had help from some blacks in getting inland proves what exactly? That not all Africans and blacks were saints? Are we being serious here? So what about the chiefs that fought against slavery and were killed, I guess those should be ignored because everywhere slaves were taken from had to have consent from the inhabitants, right? WOW
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Onlytruth(m): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2009
Thread derailed again!

Nigerians hate discussing hard facts! Pathetic. We've moved from discussing real issues to slave trade! shocked
Keep dogding!
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SapeleGuy: 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

"There was continuous resistance against Europeans during every phase of the slave trade. Because the rebellions of the African slaves increased, the slave traders created laws designed to reduce African
resistance. Much of the information about the resistance to slavery came from written documents kept by the European sailors. There is enough information, includling historical facts, examples of resistance, and dislike of the European slave trade, to establish that the enslavement of Africans was not accepted by African people.

African leaders and those opposing the European slave trade, organized and assigned large groups to keep watch for slave ships traveling to the East and whose crews were well-known for kidnapping Africans on the coast. For example, King Ansah of Ghana (1470-1486) had the Fante people watch for European ships, and prevented them from coming ashore. Many other African leaders did not permit Europeans in their kingdoms. In Benin, the people had heard of the intentions of the Europeans, so they killed them as soon as they came ashore. There were some kings who agreed to trade with the Europeans, but attempted to stop it once they saw the problems that were created in their lands. Through the tactics of several African leaders and kings, they were able to minimize the European slave trade but they could not stop it completely. The treachery and greed of the Europeans, hurt the African economy and, therefore, damaged trade relations.

African King Nzenga Maremba tried to stop the slave trade in the Congo only after he originally participated in the trade in exchange for military items and support from Portugal. King Maremba agreed to release his African prisoners of war to the Portuguese who wanted the best young African men as a bargaining chip to be sure the King kept his word. The Portuguese promised to train and educate the young men to become priests and later to return them to the Congo. King Meremba let the Portuguese convince him to take the Christian name, Alfonso, as a show of support.

When Alfonso asked for the return of a few of his former prisoners, who had been trained to serve as physicians, surgeons, pharmacists, assistants for shipbuilders and carpenters, his requests were
denied. After having his requests denied several times, King Alfonso learned that his prisoners of war had been sold as slaves in Portugal. In 1526, King Alfonso wrote to King John III, the former King of Portugal, and asked for his help in ending the slave trade in the Congo. He explained the freedoms that were given to the Portuguese, who had set up shops, become merchants in the Congo and had amassed fortunes. The people in the Congo could not do the same because they had complied with the agreement and now did not have the same abundance of wealth as the invaders.

King Alfonso related that the damage was so great that his people and land were being seized daily. King Alfonso ended his letter to King John III with another request for his help because it was the will of the people in the Congo and other kingdoms that there should not be any trading of slaves nor markets for slaves.

Other countries that were resisting the slave trade throughout the continent of Africa were Senegal, Ghana, Benin, Nigeria, and Angola. In 1777, King Agadja, a Dahomean monarch, captured an Englishman and his slave raiding party who had entered his kingdom looking for more Africans. The Englishman and his crew were released after they promised to return all the Africans they had captured. King Agadja gave the Englishmen a warning to take to the rulers of England, that if any other slave traders were sent to his Kingdom, or other kingdoms, they would be killed.

In 1787, the Senegal King of Almammy, passed a law that made it illegal to take enslaved Africans through his kingdom. To let Europeans know how serious the law was, the king returned the presents French slave traders sent as bribes. Queen Nzingha of Angola fought a successful 30-year war against the slave traders of Portugal until the Portuguese negotiated a treaty with her in 1656. Their treaty remained in effect until she died in 1663."
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by SapeleGuy: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2009
Onlytruth:

Thread derailed again!

Nigerians hate discussing hard facts! Pathetic. We've moved from discussing real issues to slave trade! shocked
Keep dogding!

The focus is on resistance which is directly relevant to the topic of 'Nigerians losing the will to fight'. The point is we have fought before, we will fight again and continue to do so until we get justice.  By highlighting the resistance during the African holocaust we show that our people have fought, by highlighting the Niger Delta and Biafran struggle we show that certain sections of the country are prepared to stand up for what they believe in.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by becomrich15: 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2009
the picture below is why nigerian dont fight. And that is why militia pick up guns. It may not be fair to ask the militia to drop thier guns when the nigeria govt and system have not change.
He was alive and they shoot him dead. Ask yourself this question, who ordered that he should be shoot. You would be shock by the answer.

who have been punished for killing him. Nobody,

who have been arrested for killing him and others Nobody?

Nobody want to die for nigeria, not even yar adua, he is too smart to be stupid.

Because nobody want to die for nigeria, the best is for us to join benin republic. Look if there is a civil war in Nigeria. Nobody in the south would fight to keep Nigeria one as they did in 1966. We yorubas would never fight to keep nigeria one. And forget the igbos.

[img]http://infidelsunite.typepad.com/.a/6a0111685b4b71970c0115715e5fbe970c-800wi[/img]
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Onlytruth(m): 12:52am On Oct 09, 2009
Don't worry, Nigerians would fight back soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD5zjUbWpXY
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Fhemmmy: 3:24am On Oct 09, 2009
Not a nice pix to just post without warning

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnpc Mega Station Burnt Down In Ibadan. Reason: For Selling Above 65 Naira. A We / Nigeria To Host D8 Trade Talks February / Amechi, Your Wife Was "Stoned" At Mile 3 Market, Did It Stop You From Stealing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.