Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,249 members, 7,887,709 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:39 PM

Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight (2722 Views)

FLASH| 1.4 Million Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In 6 Months Of PMB’s Administration / Nigerians Lost N21m To Burnt Cars Looted And Burnt Shops. / Xenophobia attacks! Nigerians Lost N21m To Burnt Cars Looted And Burnt Shops. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by chic2pimp(m): 3:31am On Oct 09, 2009
FFS Becoomrich will ya take off that stuff of my screen right now angry angry angry
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Fhemmmy: 3:57am On Oct 09, 2009
i think the moderator shd yank that nonsense off
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by sowura(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2009
people should remember that the white man did not invent slavery, they just introduced another dimension to it. Africans have been taking slaves as part of the spoils of war for a very long tym before the white men stepped into Africa. we were only too willing to get something valuable for it from the white man and that expanded the scope of operations. One of our major sins is that we generally have leaders who are very short sighted and it is still haunting us. the leadership legacy we inherited is probably the worst in world it doesnt include honour, integrity, patriotism and so on in its ingredients
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by rethink: 11:32am On Oct 09, 2009
Dede1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are bunch of dreamers. Nigeria lost its innocence to embark on such revolutionary escapade in 1966 when the actions of few brave young men were turned into tribal machinations. Unfortunately, an attempt to ignite change within Nigerian society through the means of social chaos must be viewed through the ethnic prism.

@dede1

I think if you diagnosed the problem of those officers is that they were absolutely wrong. They were puns in the hands of the Elites. They had that time just come back from a fraudulent peace keeping mission in the congo where they saw it possible for military take over.

The army has been a pun in the hands of the elites to steal money.

I know the military very well they are trained to die. Any dollar that was and is stolen by any soldier has the coaching of an Elite official. Abacha went to war school he was never trained on how to transfer or handle money same as many combat soldiers in the Nigerian army.

The army has been infiltrated by the Elites and their agents untill alot of cleansing from General Obasanjo HAS REDUCED THEM.

Dede1 You also said that we are bunch of dreamers. I will dream and encourage us to dream. every good thing comes out from dreams. We are condemned to dream or else what will youths have? If we dont dream our kids and the next generation will have nightmares.

The Parasitic Elites are an amorphous group comprising of motley people. We need to counter this parasitic elite with Selfless elite, and an army of young pure and not yet corrupted militant few that would be ready to die for Nigeria.

The Civil service is the greatest problem. The sea of which our public service are picked is the Nigerian people. We need to have an effective river that will counter the evil civil service. We need a new Nigerian civil convention core.

We can overcome tribalism yes we can.
Re: Why Has Nigerians Lost The Will To Fight by Dede1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2009
rethink:

Dede1

@dede1

I think if you diagnosed the problem of those officers is that they were absolutely wrong. They were puns in the hands of the Elites. They had that time just come back from a fraudulent peace keeping mission in the congo where they saw it possible for military take over.

The army has been a pun in the hands of the elites to steal money.

I know the military very well they are trained to die. Any dollar that was and is stolen by any soldier has the coaching of an Elite official. Abacha went to war school he was never trained on how to transfer or handle money same as many combat soldiers in the Nigerian army.

The army has been infiltrated by the Elites and their agents untill alot of cleansing from General Obasanjo HAS REDUCED THEM.

Dede1 You also said that we are bunch of dreamers. I will dream and encourage us to dream. every good thing comes out from dreams. We are condemned to dream or else what will youths have? If we dont dream our kids and the next generation will have nightmares.

The Parasitic Elites are an amorphous group comprising of motley people. We need to counter this parasitic elite with Selfless elite, and an army of young pure and not yet corrupted militant few that would be ready to die for Nigeria.

The Civil service is the greatest problem. The sea of which our public service are picked is the Nigerian people. We need to have an effective river that will counter the evil civil service. We need a new Nigerian civil convention core.

We can overcome tribalism yes we can.

@rethink

You could not be more wrong with this forgettable post. The soldiers did not have personal problems that called for coup d’état. One of the cardinal reasons for undertaking of the coup was the introduction of ethnic bias and nepotism into Nigerian army by the northern Nigerian political elites with the help of British colonists

There was nothing fraudulent about the soldiers serving with UN peace mission in Congo. It will make my day to remind you that not all soldiers that served in Congo UN peace mission were involved in the coup. 

Again, the military men are trained to lead fellow men in battle and defend the sovereignty of their country. I hope you are not insinuating that since soldiers are trained combatants that they lacked financial and bookkeeping acumen. The likes of Abacha, Dimka, Babangida, Buka, Haruna and Nuhu constituted the core elements of nepotism introduced into Nigerian army by the northern Nigerian political elites that ignited the January 15, 1966 coup.

I would not trade the issue of philosophy concerning dream with you but must add that nothing good comes out of either night dreaming or day dreaming. Good things come out of constructive and intuitive reasoning.

You must realize that misguided youths who shunned the virtues of past recorded events also gave rise to parasitic elites. 

If you can overcome yourself, then you can overcome ethnic sentiments. Ethnicity gives rise to nation and a nation made up of the same ethnic orientations erases any form of ethnicity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan / How Ebele Came Into Gej's Name! / Rwandan President Welcomes Davido At Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.