Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,159 members, 7,946,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? (5862 Views)

Poll: Is Another International Airport Really Necesarry?

Yes: 50% (50 votes)
No: 50% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / This Is Where Fayose Plans To Build Airport In Ekiti(photos) / See The Exact Crate Umaru Dikko Was Found In At Stansted Airport In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by OneTouch1(m): 2:48am On Oct 12, 2009
Might help with the congestion issues,
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by braine(m): 4:03am On Oct 12, 2009
I just cant wait to see Lagos in 2020!
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by Ben13: 8:02am On Oct 12, 2009
It's a good Idea since it's coming from the desk of Fashola.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by dkings101(m): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2009
Nigeria should be shame or MMA which they call Int'l Airport. All does posters opposing a modern Airport to be built in Lekki FTZ should shut up and keep there fingers in there pocket and not type on this post. I don't blame them becos they have not cross the shore of 9ja to another countries Airport. They have not seen Dubai Airport, Thailand, Singapore, Phillipines, Malaysia and not takeless Malaysia Train station that as all wat our MMA don't have. I encourage the idea Fashola. Go on with it. Eko o ni ba je oo.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by otukpo(f): 8:23am On Oct 12, 2009
The only reason i wld support another airport in lagos, no matter the location is to avoid the politics of the FG. If we have another airport, the FG can sell all the facilities at the MMA to whoever it wants at whatever condition.

Competition in evry business is good.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by bayol2001: 8:30am On Oct 12, 2009
another airport would make a lot of sense, d traffic on mmia is too much and beside in other developed country we have more than 1 airport to ease air traffic, we have the london city airport and heathrow airport both in london, and also gatwick, lets suupport our dear egbon and not run him down, olohun o ma fun fashola se,
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by Arnold1(m): 8:36am On Oct 12, 2009
Many of the people objecting to another airport in lagos are not looking at the congestion at MMA,
they are more concerned with Lagos developing at the expense of their respective states.

The new airport envisioned, as stated earlier, is going to be a private initiative, so Lagos state's
funds are not going to be used except for peripheral infrastructure.

Lagos development is not equal to "your state's" underdevelopment. Thank you  wink
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by okeey(m): 9:04am On Oct 12, 2009
i think so
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by mrofficial(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2009
Yes!

Murtala whatever should be shattered!
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by omar22(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2009
There is no need to build another airport. People hardly visit Nigeria except Nigerians that live in abroad. Nigeria has close to 170 million and Lagos airport, it hardly have 4 million a year. What is it the point of new airport when foreign plane hardly come to Nigeria or they come and they do not stay more than 3 or 4 hours and just one plane from other country is pathetic. Use that money to develop a better living for those that live the country. New airport will not give food to common man, children and woman on the street food.

Can you tell the busiest route in the world after London - New York
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by erico2k2(m): 10:08am On Oct 12, 2009
^^^^,Leave am, thats what he thhinks.he fails to realize MM is a major transit point in Africa just as London is to Europe,the Airport is a welcome development,If I happen to b the Governor of Delta State, I would Build on ehere,btw, who has ever been to the John lenon airport or the manchester Int'l Airport,,you will know that its almost same as MM only cleaner and No power falure grin grin
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by joxiri: 10:34am On Oct 12, 2009
well I dont think we need 2 international airports in lagos but a new one could replace murtala so instead of building another airport they could replace it with a brand new sphisticated one
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by tunde300us(m): 10:50am On Oct 12, 2009
@joxiri: PDP thieves in abuja will neva allow that to come along,u tink they have heads in abuja i guess
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by totalfact(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2009
THERE!
tHE CHALLENGE OF THE DEVELOPED STATES IS WHAT IS DISTURBING THE GOVERNOR.
HE HAS NOTHING TO BE CALLED BIG PROJECT, THEREFORE LOOKING FOR A BIG PROJECT.
WELL, IN US, WE HAVE SOME STATES WITH MORE THAN TWO AIRPORTS(be it international or local)
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by Remii(m): 11:04am On Oct 12, 2009
joxiri:

well I dont think we need 2 international airports in lagos but a new one could replace murtala so instead of building another airport they could replace it with a brand new sphisticated one

building brand new one would be better and cheaper, have you forgotten how much we have spent on reparing refineries,  also, what space is left around mma to expand to. is it agege otor road, mafoluku or isolo that you what to wipe out for the expansion
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by initiator(m): 11:28am On Oct 12, 2009
lagos, apart from being the most populated city in Nigeria is also the smallest! So i don't know if having another airport would do. But i think a network of high-speed rail tracks would just do, and mounting pressure on the Federal Govt to modernise and expand the present MMA 2.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by Nezan(m): 11:51am On Oct 12, 2009
We need railways.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by tunde300us(m): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2009
Is there any1 here who knows that GAT workers re on strike,dats some of the things you find with federal govt owned airports and the like.If lagos state mistakenly take that rote am sure the aim of the lekki free trade zone will be lost cos abuja senseless politicians will want to fly their harlots and their lipsticks for free and when you dont allow them they will setup a probe that dont exist just to make their point that they run Nigeria.

As for the railways i think we are getting it wrong,cos it is not railways that bring ur goods from dubai to lagos cos i dont see the need for another rail track when there is going to be one that terminates at CMS, and all that is needed is just to extend it to lekki if and when the lekki free trade zone starts.

Considering the amount of activity that is expected at the lekki free trade zone i think MMA cannot take it and less u know am sure ur FG is planning to sell that one off too cos they have noting in their heads.So am sure u wouldnt advise the lagos state govt to partner with such a visionless set of individuals that dont know their right from their left
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by 2Legit2Qui: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2009
another ill informed thread and contributions.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by ekitikan(m): 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2009
Theblessed:

The same applies to Lagos state governor too.  With his own Revenue Allocation he can modernise the one that is there right now or, create a new International Airport alongside Murtala Muhammed, instead of syphoning some of these revenues in his several back pockets whilst waiting for the same Fed Govt to do it, when other states had none. That way, Fed Govt Resources would be equally and rightly distributed among states and thus, we can appropriately answer 'One Nigeria' for real.
Your education on the matter is sadly lacking so shut your mouth please

babapupa:

Your daftness and odious tribal noise is really nauseating.

This is not about you or the Igbo people, it's a about Lagos state/
International Airport In Lagos.

Nigerians all over contributes where ever they go and call home.

Get over your insecure and stinky tribal ass.

ba mi so fun were a ko osi be'ro omo igbo ti ko ni ronu oponu afofun gbemun
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by adconline(m): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2009
Remember that Fashola will be out offfice in  next  few years and what happens when he's gone? Wouldnt the same lack of maintence at MMA besiege lagos  state airport?  There isnt much difference between LASG and FG when it comes to infrastructural and financial management, unless LASG would be in partnership with a private entity so long as LASG is not calling the shots.  let say LASG controls 25% of the investment. Could anyone tell me if  there is any difference between National stadium and Lagos State stadium
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by redsun(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2009
The question is not building new stuffs like airports,but the  maintainance culture.Our so-called international airport is an eye-sore yet people are still thinking of building another.

What they should be do is put heads together and see how they can upgrade the existing ones.There are not much activities in nigeria to deserve airports every where and considering the enviromental impacts airpots and planes have on climate changes and degradations,it is just not necessary.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by redsun(m): 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2009
It is the poor countries like nigeria as always that will suffer more from climate changes and degradations.We should be thinking more towards the slow side of the fucking jet and fast age and sensibly curtail our green house gases emissions.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by Theblessed(f): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2009
jingoma:

HA HA HA! "As big as Nigeria is??" ,  Do you know that Nigeria is about the size of the State of Texas and you think there should be an International airport in each state (hehn). They cant even maintain one International airport
Even so, I understand brother but I say give the under dog a chance because, Lagos is not the only city we have!
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by tunde300us(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2009
to ma friend in okitipupa,the lekki free trade zone is not a lagos state funded affair,dat is why u need to shield it from PDP ppl,nd u need to come nd see the stadium the lagos state govt has here in surulere.WORLD CLASS.
and at redsun, there is nobody to put heads together with in Nigeria except average citizens and am sure so many ppl that oppose this development approach re not living in Nigeria that is why ur comments have been dis way.Se na yaradull u wan put ur head togeda with abi na im vice wey no get portfolio
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by Pataki: 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2009
ikeyman00:

[size=21pt]igbos[/size] contributed immensely in the development of lagos
FIXED!!!

You are such an outrageous and outstanding idiot! What a dimwit and tribal bigot.

Igbo this, Igbo that.

@ topic,

Has the environmental problems in Lagos, been solved yet? Why add more complications to the already existing and numerous environmental problems in Lagos State. The Lagos State Ministry of Environment surely do not know their onions.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by Theblessed(f): 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2009
Princek12:

If the same applies to Lagos, why are you concerned about Lagos's airport project? Why don't you focus on Imo? What is all these jealousy with Lagos? And who says he intends on using Fed. Govt. resources? You and I know that you cannot depend on the federal government to realize the completion of any project. Fashola brokered a concession agreement to fund the project, which parallels the agreement that was used to construct the new local airport. Also if Gov. Fashola was siphoning all the money as you proclaim, he won't have had sufficient resources to effectuate all the projects he has done thus far. Imo state is its own sovereign and can embark on its own prerogatives if it chooses to.

This Nigerian disease will never be cured - corruption.  You see, Nigerians like new things - new car, new trains, new buildings, new shopping malls and the list goes on. And now, a new Airport alongside an old one, how funny! Yet, Nigerians are poor at maintaining any thing.  Maintaining equally efficient facilities they have is a no, no to them! What is wrong in modernising and maintaining what we already have when the West do it all the time?  Tell me, how is that wrong?  Because, corruption is so embedded under their skin, they are too clever at come up with these crazy ideas - a strategy to un-focus our attentions and divert money where we did not ask them usually, into their own private interests. What a country!!! We are no fools!  You can make fools of us every day but one day will be ours!
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by ekitikan(m): 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2009
Theblessed:

Even so, I understand brother but I say give the under dog a chance because, Lagos is not the only city we have!
So because Lagos is not the only city in Nigeria,so lagos state government should now use their own allocation to build airport in Imo state or other state in Nigeria, get the facts ryt before opening your mouth,the project has nothing to do with the FG,must we stand on the roof top before you hear dim wit.
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by skylite: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hey @jingoma  Nigeria is about twice the size of California and not the size of Texas, pls do not
post what you are not sure of again
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by koolchicco: 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2009
skylite:

Hey @jingoma  Nigeria is about twice the size of California and [b]not the size of Texas[/b], pls do not
post what you are not sure of again

I was gutted wen I read that Naija is the size of Texas.How can? undecided
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by tosinbobo1: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hello All,

With the current craze to build airports by lagos state government, this article below will serve as a timely warning. If a near-developed country like South Korea can make these mistakes, we are clearly not immune.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8055957.stm
Re: Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? by KnowAll(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2009
Lagos don’t need an airport, u still have one flight and hour at MM at the moment, there is a flight out of Heathrow every 5 minutes. MM is way below capacity. Lagos State should not waste its land building Airports when the one on ground is still under utilised.

The last time I came to Nigeria, there were only 3 flights between 11:00pm and 5:00am from MM airport and we want to build another airport, what for. undecided
[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TRAGEDY ;APC Supporter Hanged Himself On Tree After Joked That PDP Won. Picture. / After The Kano Mosque Attack, Is Islam And Muslims Still To Blame For BH / 2019: Buhari, Atiku Not Options For Nigerians – Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.