Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,955 members, 7,896,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:23 AM

MEND Say No More Ceasefire: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Say No More Ceasefire: (4262 Views)

FG Should Listen To The Ceasefire Call By BOKO HARAM - Lai Mohammed / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!fleeing Boko Haram Calls For Ceasefire. / MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by emisun(m): 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2009
it is only a fool that would think the niger delta problem can be solved through dialogue.as we can recall through the bible,the authorities in heaven responded to the devil through violence by throwing him down.they didn't negotiate with him.people pls get this into your heads,u don't negotiate with evil.u only fight it.THE FG IS EVIL AND NEED TO BE FOUGHT WITH VIOLENCE!!!.I PRAY GOD STRENGTHENS MEND.ALUTA CONTINUES!!.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by ezme(m): 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2009
redsun:

They probably have ran out of cash,[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]they seem just as dumb and visionless as the people they are fighting.[/size][/size][/size]

So [size=8pt]Redsun[/size] please explain to me how all of a sudden the generality of the Niger delta peolple are dumb and visionless. Some people just come here and post whatever they like. The fact you have access to the internet does not mean your statement about the Niger delta people is not a true state of what you are.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by WilyWily: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2009
emisun:

THE FG IS EVIL AND NEED TO BE FOUGHT WITH VIOLENCE!!!.I PRAY GOD STRENGTHENS MEND.ALUTA CONTINUES!!.
Thank u.
The Struggle is entering its decisive time,
I assure you MEND will never disappoint N-Delta people,
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by ocelot2006(m): 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2009
`about time. This time, I hope the FG gives MEND a full dose of the Boko Haram treatment. Take the gloves off, and finish off these criminals.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Beaf: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
Bariga1:

Hello Beaf,

I think the problem here is so much anger in you and need someone to vent it at. I have now passed that stage in my struggle and have now decided to take the “bull by the horn”. I think it is a waist of time waiting for government to “wave the magic wonder”.  

Beaf, where is Abacha? And where is Ibori? Let us move-on and stop “throwing toys out of the pram”.

Elections were not free and fear, but do not forget the vital point: Abacha never came down to rig the elections in ND, someone on ground did his dirty work for him and nothing is said about that person(s), that person(s) live among your community, drive the best cars and they are worshipped by their neighbours b/c of greed.

I know if I ask you the allocation received by your local government you will go silent on me, you will not know and do not bother because you have no interest. Rather people will blame government.

Help your people in the little way you can: advice them to ask questions from their political leaders in the community abstain from greed and the future will be brighter for you and me.

Do you think that Mend is fighting for your future development or that of ND?

Youngman wakeup from your slumber and start being proactive by educating your family back home:  asking  questions is the key. That is the little you can do and it will go a long way.

One simple question; [size=14pt]what does your state produce?[/size]
Nothing or so little it cannot survive without the ND?

You are asking the wrong questions, you educate your own family first and then ask your leaders why your state produces close to zero. Also ask yourself what your opinion is of almajiri's and if you are proud that your state might be one.
After you are done providing honest answers to those questions you will begin to grasp the meat of ND issues (because they are fundamental 9ja issues).
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
ocelot2006:

`about time. This time, I hope the FG gives MEND a full dose of the Boko Haram treatment. Take the gloves off, and finish off these criminals.

You have to see the "criminals" before you finish them, or do you mean the ODI type of finishing as some people have already suggested?
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Beaf: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
ocelot2006:

We are waiting for you Boko Haram's. Very soon the FG will know if it can really sustain battle with the country's only source of money. Abi are those Northern soldiers going to turn desert sand into money for weapons. You govt people are very funny.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Pharoh: 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2009
What people don't realize is that solving the Niger-Delta issue is a prerequisite to solving the problem affecting Nigeria. I can put it this way also that trying to solve the Niger-Delta issue is an opportunity to solve Nigeria's problem. But if the other two actors at the right and left hand of the Niger Delta decides to keep quiet and hope to benefit from this sacrifice then they are ignorant because very soon this issue will engulf the whole country.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2009
lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by jayflex: 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2009
MEND have proven that they truly have a cause that is bigger than themselves. While slaves like boyloaf and the other fake freedom fighters are cashing in big time at Aso Rock, the people who really want change for their people are back to the trenches. I just wish the FG would wake up and stop believing that it will all go away like a bad dream. the days of imbalance and exploitation are over. Either they address whats wrong with the system or risk a major insurgency in the ND.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by ProAnti: 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2009
Forget Gbomo Jomo. Forget MEND.

Infact, who is MEND?

MEND is a coalition of Nigerians who are fighting against Oil bunkering by the federal government and multinationals. MEND is a group of Nigerians who are into the lucrative oil bunkering business but wont be allowed cos some bigger thiefs dont feel safe. The bigger thieves feel the little change trickling into the pockets of these small thieves would make the smaller thieves too powerful to control thus they are using instruments of state (cos they are the men in power, OR the men behind the men in power) to frustrate the smaller thieves. They have branded them terrorist.

The smaller thieves, seeing that their illegal source of livelihood have been blocked, decided to take up arms against the bigger thief (FG and cronnies).
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by ProAnti: 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2009
QUESTIONS FOR ALL NAIRALANDERS

How many people have been arrested for illegal mining in Jos?
How many people have been arrested for harvesting Cocoa in the West?
How many people have been arrested for dredging sand from the coast of Apapa and other riverine areas of Lagos?
How many people have been arrested for harvesting groundnut and using clay from their communities to build their houses in Northern Nigeria?
How many people have been arrested for collecting crude from pipelines in the Niger Delta?
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by chosen04(f): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2009
What does MEND AND NAIRALAND HAVE IN COMMON?

1) Both are faceless community.
2) Both Founded by Idenitity Compromised individual.Eg Henry Okah for Mend, Seun Osewa for Nairaland.
3) While Mend run her affairs through Commanders and Lietenants, Nairaland uses Moderators and Posters.
4) While Jomo Gbomo is the spokes person for Mend, Becomerich is the map man for nairaland.
5) While Mend fights for the welfare of ND, every member of nairaland fights for their regional and ethnic betterment
6) While mend wars against the federal govt, Nairaland fights any percieved corrupt Nigerian & sonetimes non Nigerians
7) While mend recently appointed the "Aaron team" to negotiate on their behalf, Nairaland will soon be appointing 'moderators' to fill vacent advertised positions
cool While some members of mend recently recieved amnesty, some members are Nairaland are equally due for same e.g============
9) While mend spare 'Men of God', Nairaland members spares nobody not even 'our most influently man of God.
10)While mend is seen as militant and rebel group, Nairaland is seen and called the 'jobless youth attacking govt policies community'

Who will give us more?
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Pharoh: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2009
More comparisons like yours? You really tried and i like the concept.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2009
MEND? Why can't we have a group that truly stands for the people? Niger Deltans are not asking for secession but they want out of federalism which is Nigeria's only option if she's to remain Nigeria. But MEND has screwed it up for the people of Niger Delta. They were fighting for their pockets and corrupt oil bunkering business in the name of Niger Deltans. Money ran economy is truly a curse on Africans. Not just Africans though but it seems to have more negative effects on Africans more.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by bisiaet: 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2009
MEND, Jomogbomo or Jomogbagba, Okah or whatever they call themselves should go to hell and rotten in hell infact let them do their worst stupid idiot. Are they better of than those who embrased peace and laid down there arms? Do MEND, Jomomadness or Okahcraze have two heads what are all these bastard thinking they are let them flex that muscle well and lets see who will loose at the end I am just extremely mad when I see people deciding to cause pain, tears, destructions to an innocent life and seen a citizen of a country allowing himself to be use to bring down his own country while those supporting them secretly are eating faty chicken and dwell in peace environment, cant Mend think, cant the so called Idiot Jomogbomo think or cant Okah think?. Is war or bloodshed a way of making a deal this is arrant nonsense please if they like let them go back to the bush or creek where they chosen to belong and begin to dwell with apes and monkeyes I think that suit them so much and good luck to them I had supported this struggle for long but after the government has laid low for peace to reign and swallow the hooks to make the government look weak and gave amnesty so whatelse are MENDor Jomo or Okah want I think they are waiting for the wrath of God upon them full stop enough is enough. They have decided to point to their fathers house with left finger then they should bear the price in full, what a nonsense, do they have other country to run to? You want development how will it come when you are attacking those who should have do the development and you said you are fighting for your right, what right? Foolish things.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by bawomolo(m): 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2009
and i was just about to nominate y'ar adua for the noble peace prize.

if obama win am, then y'ar adua is next  grin
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by richcookie(m): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
Well! well! I saw this coming!
History will show you cannot negotiate with a rebel movement through bribery. Most Mend fighters will get nothing from the deal and most will eventually return to what they know best "armed warfare". If you know the history of the area then you will realize the only solution is total warfare to crush the insurrection once and for all. Contrary to popular stories Mend area gets more money than any other part of nigeria.
The biggest problem in those areas are the so called kings and chiefs. It is the feudal system set up by the chiefs that is the worst. I have a feeling YARADUA IS A CUNNING guy and will finally onleash the military on these communities if hostility resumes. My prediction: The peace will not last and I expect hostilities to breakout soon. The militants have tasted money from kidnapping, bunkering, political blackmail and to stop now is unlikely. The money given by YARADUA is small compared to the income derived from these activities.
ALso understand we have "OYINBO" man in the WAHALA now. If you understand the OIL business then you know what i mean. When mend attacks, Oil prices go up and every movement in OIL prices is millions in someones pocket. Unless the nigerian govt. takes firm steps to crush this group once and for all, we might be on brink of nigeria splitting up.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by yeswecan(m): 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2009
Mend's cause is justified. It is better to fight today than passing it on to our children.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by PapaBrowne(m): 11:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
I
know if I ask you the allocation received by your local government you will go silent on me, you will not know and do not bother because you have no interest. Rather people will blame government.

Help your people in the little way you can: advice them to ask questions from their political leaders in the community abstain from greed and the future will be brighter for you and me.

Do you think that Mend is fighting for your future development or that of ND?

Youngman wakeup from your slumber and start being proactive by educating your family back home:  asking  questions is the key. That is the little you can do and it will go a long way.

I really don't get your ranting! You sound like Bariga(I suppose that's where you are from) is some highly developed area where the leaders are accountable for allocations given to them.
Please oooh, the last time I checked, corruption was endemic in all parts of Nigeria from the ND to the Fulani highlands, from Awo's backyard to Ojukwu's bedroom. There is corruption everywhere in Nigeria hence I don't understand why you have chosen to single out the Niger Delta.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Onlytruth(m): 12:00am On Oct 17, 2009
I thought MEND surrendered the other day. I took the pictures myself grin

Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by babapupa: 1:05am On Oct 17, 2009
There is corruption everywhere in Nigeria hence I don't understand why you have chosen to single out the Niger Delta

But the rest of Nigeria is not running around kidnapping, blowing up and killing innocent people.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by proproman(m): 1:49am On Oct 17, 2009
Wow. For once Nairalanders are defending the federal government. Let's face it there are problems on both sides. While am not totally at home with the idea of bombings and shootings, it seems like violence and force is the only language the Nigerian government understands. Why did the government have to wait for the Ndeltans to start agitating before listening to them? Why did the government wait for lecturers to go on a four month strike before paying them any attention ? Before we start condemning MEND we have to xray the kind of government we have. Nigerians have been crying out for development, electoral reform and so many other things but nothing happens. People die everyday on those death traps called federal roads and the roads remain the same. I can assure you that if Nigerians start agitating violently, government will be forced to listen and act accordingly. I don't know why our goverment chooses to act at critical moments and not when they have opportunity to get things right. The stadia in some states have been renovated because of the under 17 world cup meaning that if Nigeria were not hosting it, those stadia will remain decripit. Let us take a look at our government and ask ourselves if MEND are really to blame.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by olabukola: 2:51am On Oct 17, 2009
proproman:

While am not totally at home with the idea of bombings and shootings, it seems like violence and force is the only language the Nigerian government understands. Why did the government have to wait for the Ndeltans to start agitating before listening to them?
Because our so called country is not united. Hausas will not listen to eastern complain, Yorubas will not listern to Northern complain if they have any, Igbos will not listen to western complain. If the country is made up of yorubas when ogun state complain we listen, if the country is made up of Ibo's when Imo state complain they listen, if the country is made up with hausas when kano state cmplain they listen. Nigeria is dead as far as am concerned we are only waiting and checking if it will come to life again which i doubt rather it keep on decaying.

Very soon i will state Oduduwa Republic agitation.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Pharoh: 6:03am On Oct 17, 2009
babapupa:

But the rest of Nigeria is not running around kidnapping, blowing up and killing innocent people.

Yes because they have nothing to loose and they are living on a free meal.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by bidemi12(m): 6:55am On Oct 17, 2009
chosen04 (f)
nigeria

Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire:
« #44 on: Yesterday at 06:24:09 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Both Founded by Idenitity Compromised individual.Eg Henry Okah for Mend, Seun Osewa for Nairaland.
3) While Mend run her affairs through Commanders and Lietenants, Nairaland uses Moderators and Posters.
4) While Jomo Gbomo is the spokes person for Mend, Becomerich is the map man for nairaland.
5) While Mend fights for the welfare of ND, every member of nairaland fights for their regional and ethnic betterment
6) While mend wars against the federal govt, Nairaland fights any percieved corrupt Nigerian & sonetimes non Nigerians
7) While mend recently appointed the "Aaron team" to negotiate on their behalf, Nairaland will soon be appointing 'moderators' to fill vacent advertised positions
While some members of mend recently recieved amnesty, some members are Nairaland are equally due for same e.g============
9) While mend spare 'Men of God', Nairaland members spares nobody not even 'our most influently man of God.
10)While mend is seen as militant and rebel group, Nairaland is seen and called the 'jobless youth attacking govt policies community' Who will give us more?

I think you have accurately described yourself grin
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Bariga1(f): 7:51am On Oct 17, 2009
Beaf,

Firstly I am from Lagos state and we do not produce oil but rather have our head screwed-on right and we are constantly looking for ways of improving and selling services to the world. I am happy to give you a free ticket to come over to Lagos for one day to see how things have started to change for the better (please adopt the same policy –stop waiting for government and do something for yourself).

Beaf, I have already started to educate my immediate family about asking questions from their political leaders and it is yielding results, as we can all see Lagos is changing for the better and I pray one day that you can discard this perverse idea that Mend will help you “live the dream”. Otherwise the suffering in ND has just start and it will get worse.

The government has their own share of the blame about some of the problems in ND, but the major share of the problems falls on your traditional leaders and political leaders (also people like you who preach hate words among Nigerians)

You might have a point about the fact that ND produces oil which sustains some other states, but what is the argument here:

is it that producing states should keep the revenue they make from oil or that producing states are not developed?

If the question is the first, then the answer is that ND will never have control over resources (and even if you were given you can not manage the resources with people like you, rather your country will become Somalia. Even it will be a free for all fight). If the argument is about development then speak to your political leaders/elders who have failed you and your family.

Beaf what have you ever done to help ND grow? Apart from talking about the problems and castigating government – young man go back home and put your house in order before you start to talking.

I am sorry to say it, but you are part of the problem and not the solution. You have nothing constructive to offer your people rather the easy exist of war/Mend.

Development comes from within not from destruction!!!!
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by bidemi12(m): 8:10am On Oct 17, 2009
Beaf what have you ever done to help ND grow? Apart from talking about the problems and castigating government – young man go back home and put your house in order before you start to talking.
I am sorry to say it, but you are part of the problem and not the solution. You have nothing constructive to offer your people rather the easy exist of war/Mend.

@Bariga1    I sincerely believe that beaf is a nutcase but your above statement makes no sense. what exactly do you want him to do and how do you want him to do it in regards changing the scenario in the ND. I hear this a lot from Nigerians who say that people outside the country complain about how bad Nigeria is without doing their part to make it better. He is doing exactly what needs to done which is voicing his opinion and distaste against what is happening to his people (and hopefully voting as well). we cannot all be politicians and militants. Revolutions were begun with words and you have to give him credit, he has been consistent. You yourself live outside the country and i'm sure you make complaints about the situation in the country, so the question is what have you done to improve the situation in Nigeria? And please no fabrications.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by proproman(m): 9:32am On Oct 17, 2009
@olabukola, if you declare agitation for Oduduwa republic, am sure becomrich will give you full support. You should check out his plan for Yorubas to Benin Republic. grin
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by chosen04(f): 9:39am On Oct 17, 2009
bidemi12:

chosen04 (f)
nigeria

Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire:
« #44 on: Yesterday at 06:24:09 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10)While mend is seen as militant and rebel group, Nairaland is seen and called the 'jobless youth attacking govt policies community' Who will give us more?

I think you have accurately described yourself grin

Bidemi12
'
Its obvious u dont live in Nigeria so may not know that Nairaland is seen and called the 'Jobless youth attacking govt policies community'. Come back home and you will seen that any community/group that profers solution for the betterment of Nigeria is seen by the authorities as being jobless. I have Friends in the govt houses and i know what they think of Nairaland.

Its obvious u dont understand English cos if u do u will know that i did nt say that Nairaland members are jobless. I only said Nairaland is SEEN and Called the Jobless youths attacking govt policies community by the authorities.Just like Mend is called rebel and militant group while MEND sees its self as freedom fighters.

U mean i shouldnt say the truth cos i want to please a slowpoke like you?
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by chosen04(f): 9:50am On Oct 17, 2009
chosen04:

Who will give us more?

Pls let me Change/code my profile pix before i completely compromise my identity. Hope u guys dont mind?
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by stiyke(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2009
Pharoh:

What people don't realize is that solving the Niger-Delta issue is a prerequisite to solving the problem affecting Nigeria. I can put it this way also that trying to solve the Niger-Delta issue is an opportunity to solve Nigeria's problem. But if the other two actors at the right and left hand of the Niger Delta decides to keep quiet and hope to benefit from this sacrifice then they are ignorant because very soon this issue will engulf the whole country.

Spot on. Dont mind the fools talking trash here.

Beaf:

We are waiting for you Boko Haram's. Very soon the FG will know if it can really sustain battle with the country's only source of money. Abi are those Northern soldiers going to turn desert sand into money for weapons. You govt people are very funny.

Nigeria production was heading to 0 mbpd (due to militancy attacks) had Mend not decleared ceasefire. Mend doesnt need to defeat nigerian army. They just need to destroy nigeria's capability to export oil and bye bye goes nigeria.
They have shown they can do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia State Governor (T.A Orji) Finally Joins A P G A / Fg Declares Prayers Tomorrow At Noon / Flag-off Of Pdp Presidential Campaign. Live on NTA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.