Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,931 members, 7,962,966 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 09:33 PM

MEND Say No More Ceasefire: - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Say No More Ceasefire: (4297 Views)

FG Should Listen To The Ceasefire Call By BOKO HARAM - Lai Mohammed / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!fleeing Boko Haram Calls For Ceasefire. / MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Beaf: 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2009
babapupa:

nothing over there, they are all in London and North America, private bank accounts, private jets, bogus companies and weapons for militants and murderers.

Why is it so difficult for you guys to show us at least 1 or 2 pics of any meaningful project in the delta. There's got to be something,we're not talking about needle inside haystack.

Bilions of dollars and not a single pic? 

Lawd have mercy,

Stop being evasive man! You can't hide the fact that you have never even crossed Ojota. Do you remember when you were referring to all Southern non Yoruba's that your governor gave jobs as IGBO. You are a bloody ignoramus man! Discussing with you is like watching a baby learn to crawl.

There is a topic, "The real Warri" thats been floating around. Start there, we don't talk too much.

Visit the ND, see Warri, Calabar and PH. Get an education.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by babapupa: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2009
There is a topic, "The real Warri" thats been floating around. Start there.

Stop being evasive man! You can't hide the fact that you have never even crossed Ojota. Do you remember when you were referring to all Southern non Yoruba's that your governor gave jobs as IGBO. You are a bloody ignoramus man! Discussing with you is like watching a baby learn to crawl.

Visit the ND, see Warri, Calabar and PH. Get an education.

Ode, who's evasive? I asked you to post a single pic and you're coming up with silly nonsense.

Your stupid post = you don't have a damn thing to show. Put up or STFU,
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by bidemi12(m): 10:30pm On Oct 17, 2009
@Beaf  with all your war mongering and seperationist rant, if war is declared today i can bet my life you'll be the first to relocate to cotonou.  grin
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Beaf: 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2009
^cock sucker debuts on thread
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Goldmind1(m): 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2009
[/quote]Well! well! I saw this coming!
History will show you cannot negotiate with a rebel movement through bribery. Most Mend fighters will get nothing from the deal and most will eventually return to what they know best "armed warfare". If you know the history of the area then you will realize the only solution is total warfare to crush the insurrection once and for all. Contrary to popular stories Mend area gets more money than any other part of nigeria.
   The biggest problem in those areas are the so called kings and chiefs. It is the feudal system set up by the chiefs that is the worst. I have a feeling YARADUA IS A CUNNING guy and will finally onleash the military on these communities if hostility resumes. My prediction: The peace will not last and I expect hostilities to breakout soon. The militants have tasted money from kidnapping, bunkering, political blackmail and to stop now is unlikely. The money given by YARADUA is small compared to the income derived from these activities.
  ALso understand we have "OYINBO" man in the WAHALA now. If you understand the OIL business then you know what i mean. When mend attacks, Oil prices go up and every movement in OIL prices is millions in someones pocket. Unless the nigerian govt. takes firm steps to crush this group once and for all, we might be on brink of nigeria splitting up. [quote]

Richcookie,
 Don't u think that the FG using force on MEND could give opportunity to other regions of the country to break away. Remember that Nigeria just survived break up between 1967-1970 when they fought the civil war some 38 years ago, and till now the causes of that civil war have not been addressed. The Nigerian govt has never been serious and I think their time is up becos some countries are picking interest in the oil the ND.

Well, let's watch and see how it goes. US, UN and the international community are watching if the FG would use force so that they will come up with their solution becos the Nigerian nation has been known with a lot of violence, restiveness, corruption and high level of poverty.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by Beaf: 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2009
babapupa:

Ode, who's evasive? I asked you to post a single pic and you're coming up with silly nonsense.

Your stupid post = you don't have a damn thing to show. Put up or STFU,

People who only know Owode Onirin and Okokomaiko now want to expand to national affairs. We praise God o!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-338422.0.html#msg4754102
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by emiwanlee(m): 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2009
Anybody who wants to fight the Nigerian Federal Govt and end up surrendering arms has accepted another form of slavery.Lets take example from biafra, they are dead and gone just because they surrendered.
If u take up arms against Nigerian federal government i.e .The North, Just be ready to die you will succeed. Amnesty is another form of slavery embarassed
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by okunoba(m): 3:52am On Oct 18, 2009
@Bariga, Great wisdom in ur summary.
"With the current state of affairs in ND even if royalties of 99.9999% are given to the government, it will not impact on the life of the common man or bring about development"

@Jayflex, this is not the problem.
"This country cannot truly make genuine progress if it continues being run like a unitary nation. True federalism is what will bring peace to naija, its so obvious but shameful that the punks in power dont want to let go of 100% control of all parts of the federation"

Bariga is right, what difference will it make whether u have a unitary or federal system if corruption is endemic from local all the way to the federal. The problem isn`t the system but the people that run it. With corruption the ordinary man will still be deprived, regardless of if u run a fed or unitary govt. The answer is accountability of govt officials.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by okunoba(m): 4:27am On Oct 18, 2009
@PapaBrown, if u believe  "Corruption is endemic in every part of Nigeria" How would federalism prevent corruption and bring development.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by pak: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2009
From Chosen

What does MEND AND NAIRALAND HAVE IN COMMON?

1) Both are faceless community.
2) Both Founded by Idenitity Compromised individual.Eg Henry Okah for Mend, Seun Osewa for Nairaland.
3) While Mend run her affairs through Commanders and Lietenants, Nairaland uses Moderators and Posters.
4) While Jomo Gbomo is the spokes person for Mend, Becomerich is the map man for nairaland.
5) While Mend fights for the welfare of ND, every member of nairaland fights for their regional and ethnic betterment
6) While mend wars against the federal govt, Nairaland fights any percieved corrupt Nigerian & sonetimes non Nigerians
7) While mend recently appointed the "Aaron team" to negotiate on their behalf, Nairaland will soon be appointing 'moderators' to fill vacent advertised positions
While some members of mend recently recieved amnesty, some members are Nairaland are equally due for same e.g============
9) While mend spare 'Men of God', Nairaland members spares nobody not even  'our most influently man of God.
10)While mend is seen as militant and rebel group, Nairaland is seen  and called the 'jobless youth attacking govt policies community' Who will give us more?

I think you have accurately described yourself

Fantastic !
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by princeomoh(m): 11:46am On Oct 19, 2009
I always know the amnesty won't solve this problem, you can't compare the money and power this people enjoy with what they're going to get from the amnesty deal. I wonder why the president went for amnesty in the first place, these guys are crminals, and you're negotiating with them, on the other hand, maybe it's wisdom, negotiate first, and if they fail on their part, attack, but then, is our millitary capable of doing thier job? I agree with the guy who said money actually goes to these Niger delta region, they get the special allocation apart from the usual monthly allocation, they have other means they generate money from, contractors fees, they give someone a job he pays a certain amount of his salary every month and so on, the issue is pure mismanagement. Their Governors, Chiefs and other leaders, like self acclaimed you leaders.
I disagree with the guy who said fighting or using force on them will break up Nigeria, they are not fighting for their people, they are fighting for themselvs, carrying out criminal activities to satisfy their own lust.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by princeomoh(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2009
I quite agree with pak, I think that guy accurately describes himself as "jobless youth", come to think of it, he's on nairaland too.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by jpphilips(m): 9:41am On Nov 03, 2009
[b]There is nothing inherently wrong with one Nigeria.

But there is everything wrong with one Nigeria when large tracts of the Southern population are feeling increasing alienated and marginalised.
The ND problem revolves around our federal structure. Rather than discuss the ND problem with MEND, who have gotten together a team of World class representatives (including Akhigbe and Soyinka), the FG has gone down the wrong path of threats, bribery (amnesty) and false propaganda.
We are told to blame our "leaders", as if we even know how FG implants like Ibori ever became our "leaders" (someone please tell me when we "voted" fairly). Aside from MEND and its ethnic affiliates, the ND has no voice.

We all love the idealistic one Nigeria concept, but very man, woman and child from the ND is deeply upset and there is no outlet. The Nigerian mentality is to push the smaller guy about, but anybody who knows the ND knows that folk here simply don't get pushed about; unlike in some regions, you can't threaten someone "I will slap you" if you aren't immediately ready and capable of carrying it out; we just don't think in that way and that is where the rest of the country gets this crisis so wrong. We are really tired and pushed to the wall. All the while, our people are killed like mere cockroaches by those who claim to be "fellow Nigerians", all for oil that does not serve either Nigeria or the ND; it is all stolen by ex-generals and the ruling class.

The way things are going, at some point the ND will form an army; it is beginning to look more definite with each passing day. All that needs doing, is stop Warri and PH functioning and the country will cease to function; then you can say bye bye to Nigeria.

The clock is ticking.
[/b]

it is only an over fed bird that challenges his God to a dual
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by nduchucks: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2009
why are you people fighting each other? all of una supposed to be ashamed of de continued marginalization of de common people of de niger delta region and de almanjiris of de north!

una suppose to dey work together on behalf of these people wey una government don abandon, use, and continue to marginalize. shame on all of una.

tribalism no let una see say de common enemy wey una get na una leadership. una suppose to team up and work for common good. na de tribalism wey dey worry una dey let una leaders continue to dey rape una at will. dem know say una go direct una anger against each other instead of against de leaders.

una go even fight with all your might to defend de thieving crooks such as ibori, bode george, disgraced bank ceos and the like. cry cry cry
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by okunoba(m): 5:11am On Nov 04, 2009
@Ndu Chuks, u are so right.
Re: MEND Say No More Ceasefire: by princeomoh(m): 12:57am On Nov 05, 2009
Nobody is saying the leaders are doing great, their failure does not give anybody the right to dent the country's image more by inflicting more pains with criminal activities, that's what the militants are doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Plan New Law Of The Jungle / World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej / APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.