Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola (14618 Views)

Breaking News: “i Won’t Return To Nigeria Until Doctors Are Satisfied” – / One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape / Five New Roads Commissioned In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by sassiemyk: 8:34am On Oct 06, 2016
Our Politicians are full of words. it's as if they posses more mouths than one. watch out for fresh roads inside bar beach coming year. abeggeeee
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by tete7000(m): 8:34am On Oct 06, 2016
I think the vice president accused the previous administration of not constructing or initiating any new road project. If that is the case, which road are we completing now? Old roads again? If according to the vice president the yardstick of measuring a govt success is the number of new road constructed and from the look of things this administration too might not undertake new road projects, does it mean going by the words of vice president, this govt too might end up a failure?
Finally the president said he didn't meet anything including roads and his minister is working on roads but not new roads; Which roads then? The ones the president said never existed in the first place?
These people lies will always catch up with them. They will always end up exposing themselves. Lies don't add up.

2 Likes

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by freshness2020: 8:34am On Oct 06, 2016
I so much agree to that sir.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by GoodofNaija: 8:38am On Oct 06, 2016
Very good move by the minister!

It shows you have more national interest than partisan interest.

Every completed project will be recorded as your achievement.

Keep it up!!!

1 Like

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 06, 2016
Max24:
APC is technically telling us not to expect much from them. This is totally different from their boisterous comments before 2015 elections telling us how they can turn stone to bread, make #1 become $1, reduce pump price of fuel, fix power in 6months, turn Nigeria into a land flowing with milk and honey....
But if they dont complete the same projects its people like you that will still come here and demonize dem. Atimes try and think like you are in their shoes before you make some comments.

1 Like

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by dman4mdmoon(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2016
razortruth:
I don't blame Fsshola. If he is from the south east or recently visited that area like I did some time ago, he dare not say such. But then, it's APC. Sorry for South East people

I can't really understand your comment. Did he say the roads in SE will not be attended to? Abandoned road projects in the SE are part of the 206 he is talking about bro.

2 Likes

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2016
tete7000:
I think the vice president accused the previous administration of not constructing or initiating any new road project. If that is the case, which road are we completing now? Old roads again? If according to the vice president the yardstick of measuring a govt success is the number of new road constructed and from the look of things this administration too might not undertake new road projects, does it mean going by the words of vice president, this govt too might end up a failure?
Finally the president said he didn't meet anything including roads and his minister is working on roads but not new roads; Which roads then? The ones the president said never existed in the first place?
These people lies will always catch up with them. They will always end up exposing themselves. Lies don't add up.
Please always read in detail before commenting Osibanjo said they did not meet any road project on ground. Most of the roads that Jonathans government wanted to invest in were just in paper and memorandum of understanding. Contractors had not moved to site and mobilization was not paid because dasuki was busy Fighting boko haram GALLANTLY grin... Jonathan wanted tp many roads but the election just took his mind off it and he invested in Stomach Infrastructure. at least he invested in something. I just pray Fashola fixes the roads sha especially from kogi towards the South eastern/South South part of Nigeria cos those roads na real eyesore.

3 Likes

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by enigma2007(m): 8:53am On Oct 06, 2016
razortruth:
I don't blame Fsshola. If he is from the south east or recently visited that area like I did some time ago, he dare not say such. But then, it's APC. Sorry for South East people

He didn't say he will not fix the roads that are under his portfolio but that:

1. The roads to be fixed or worked will prioritized based on the economic activities. So the SE roads that are of high economic importance are part of this group.
2. No new federal roads to be awarded so that it the government can focus its energy on finishing the existing or on-going contracts or road constructions.

That is a sound policy considering that the govt have limited resources at its disposal currently!

3 Likes

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by rottennaija(m): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2016
Osmondinho:
APC will not leave anything on ground by 2019. infact if care is not taken, the only thing that will be left is crumbled economy, hate filled country, hyperinflation, burnt pipelines and ministry's filled with empty Nutern skul heads.

funny thing is... some people are still supporting this failed waste

And you are working seriously to make sure that happens. Whatever affects the nose affects the mouth
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by enigma2007(m): 8:56am On Oct 06, 2016
Justdulla:

But if they dont complete the same projects its people like you that will still come here and demonize dem. Atimes try and think like you are in their shoes before you make some comments.

Most people on NL do make their comments for likes & shares with the attendant notoriety. So expect zero intellectual discussion from them and lots of tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by onatisi(m): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2016
Good one from fashola. Lets hope he doesn't come back next year to deny ever making this statement.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by saintmark88(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2016
morbeta:
Talk talk no action..... every week, the last administration must be blamed for this or that.

Pls who else should we blame??....The US, Russia or Britain??.....Ode!!!
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by akandry: 9:33am On Oct 06, 2016
grin grin grin
IamNawty:
The guys above me fighting for FTC

grin
IamNawty:
The guys above me fighting for FTC

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Osmondinho(m): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2016
rottennaija:

And you are working seriously to make sure that happens. Whatever affects the nose affects the mouth

I don't need to do anything for the APC government to fail... the party is already a failed conglomerate before they even came to power.

Its only Dundee's like u that didn't see it
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Osmondinho(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2016
koboko69:

What part of the article does this wailing dundee not understand. Over 206 contracts awarded with no funding, and u want them to abandon and start new ones so u have something to wail about again? Is wailing naturally embedded in Dundees DNA?

Keep giving them long rope... a time will come, the rope u gave them will be used to hang u
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Origin(f): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2016
I have noticed improved light and improved local roads.

In other news, all the money Wey Una chop build house during election. Remember as he de flow...... Well Na now Una go feel am.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 06, 2016
cheesy

" Fashola who did not mention the cost of the transformers stated that..... "

He wont mention the cost. We all know it takes N136m to sink 2 boreholes and N97m to open one website..

West side laLa..
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by precious1967(m): 10:19am On Oct 06, 2016
mr. minister pls remember ikorodu/sagamu roads.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by mare23ayo(m): 10:20am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Fashola the federal government expressway linking Enugu to Onitsha is in a sorry state. And needs your attention urgently.

Ask Orubebe for the money

1 Like

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by kernel504(m): 10:38am On Oct 06, 2016
Sibrah:

Completion of roads is now nothing to wailing haters.

Completing what? APC told us that they met nothing on ground, so... Why completing a non existing project? This administration is almost two years, all we keep hearing is stories.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by morbeta(m): 10:41am On Oct 06, 2016
saintmark88:

Pls who else should we blame??....The US, Russia or Britain??.....Ode!!!

You are a deluded chackramite with tetanus of the mouth,leprosy of the membrane and hyper-cracket pocket licks........anu mpama.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by juman(m): 10:49am On Oct 06, 2016
This is unserious government.

Why cant the government borrow money to fix the roads and put toll gates.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by zikter(m): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2016
this is a sound policy. the ministry should ensure the roads are completed.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 06, 2016
Sibrah:

Completion of roads is now nothing to wailing haters.
Completion on media?
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by ayotoyin(f): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2016
I blamed you for answering the likes of him.
koboko69:

What part of the article does this wailing dundee not understand. Over 206 contracts awarded with no funding, and u want them to abandon and start new ones so u have something to wail about again? Is wailing naturally embedded in Dundees DNA?
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by neyobills: 11:05am On Oct 06, 2016
Justdulla:

Please always read in detail before commenting Osibanjo said they did not meet any road project on ground. Most of the roads that Jonathans government wanted to invest in were just in paper and memorandum of understanding. Contractors had not moved to site and mobilization was not paid because dasuki was busy Fighting boko haram GALLANTLY grin... Jonathan wanted tp many roads but the election just took his mind off it and he invested in Stomach Infrastructure. at least he invested in something. I just pray Fashola fixes the roads sha especially from kogi towards the South eastern/South South part of Nigeria cos those roads na real eyesore.
For real....by your analogy the roads that Jonathan government invested in for example Lagos-Ibadan was not paid then RCC/JB jumped into the field with zero mobilization and funding....or perhaps if u can prove that it wasn't Jonathan regime that invested on that road,shortibajo said one of the shortcomings of the last admin was not building any"new roads"hasn't our honorable minister just shot himself in the foot by saying they would do nothing like their predecessor did despite their huge promises,or perhaps he has vindicated Jona that most of those roads has been abandoned by previous regimes before his including our excellency, s first regime,don't kill your conscience and your Brian defending the incompetence of people who don't give a hoot about u,or perhaps u forgot therecis something between us ears called a brain,use it.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Oblang(m): 11:18am On Oct 06, 2016
Osmondinho:

Keep giving them long rope... a time will come, the rope u gave them will be used to hang u

The same way the long rope u gave gej's govt is hanging u now..
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Oblang(m): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2016
[s]
neyobills:
For real....by your analogy the roads that Jonathan government invested in for example Lagos-Ibadan was not paid then RCC/JB jumped into the field with zero mobilization and funding....or perhaps if u can prove that it wasn't Jonathan regime that invested on that road,shortibajo said one of the shortcomings of the last admin was not building any"new roads"hasn't our honorable minister just shot himself in the foot by saying they would do nothing like their predecessor did despite their huge promises,or perhaps he has vindicated Jona that most of those roads has been abandoned by previous regimes before his including our excellency, s first regime,don't kill your conscience and your Brian defending the incompetence of people who don't give a hoot about u,or perhaps u forgot therecis something between us ears called a brain,use it.
[/s]

Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by tete7000(m): 11:36am On Oct 06, 2016
Justdulla:

Maybe you are the one who don't read details, not me. I followed the news and know what I am saying. By the way your comment hasn't address those questions I raised. Next time, when you chose to reply my kind of comment, you pick my questions one by one and answer each. Only then do you prove you pay attention to details. So go back, my questions bother on both the comment vice president made and the one the president made regarding roads in Nigeria. When you enumerate them and answer them, we can then continue this discussion. Thank you.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
neyobills:
hmmmn shortibanjo..keep insulting you leaders,am sure theres one primaru 5 kid already insulting you now.
Re: No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
tete7000:

Maybe you are the one who don't read details, not me. I followed the news and know what I am saying. By the way your comment hasn't address those questions I raised. Next time, when you chose to reply my kind of comment, you pick my questions one by one and answer each. Only then do you prove you pay attention to details. So go back, my questions bother on both the comment vice president made and the one the president made regarding roads in Nigeria. When you enumerate them and answer them, we can then continue this discussion. Thank you.
Unlike you I have a time bound Job.. I cant dedicate my hard earnedntime to decipher and discuss your thrash talk ste by step.. I guarantee you, LAWMA would gladly oblige your request. Good day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just In: PDP Holds 84th NEC Meeting In Abuja / Wilson Ayakpo Dauyegha Fights With Jotham Amos Over Mode Of Primary / Presidency: PDP Reps, SANs Warn Jonathan, Group Threatens Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.