Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,354 members, 7,964,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:04 PM

Torn Between Two Men - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Torn Between Two Men (6078 Views)

Girl With Torn Undies Gets Severly Mocked By Trolls [PICS] / Guy In Torn Underwear On A Date With A Lady (Photo) / I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Torn Between Two Men by Hauwa1: 12:55am On Oct 22, 2009
who wan sufferhead, abeg think pound sterling o
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 22, 2009
During that one month, she met a guy that already wants to marry her? ROTFLMAO!!!
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Outstrip(f): 1:25am On Oct 22, 2009
what's the rush. Let the one in the UK come see you
Re: Torn Between Two Men by OvieE: 1:28am On Oct 22, 2009
Please guys, stop crucifying the guy in UK. Some of you here already denouncing him of not having job. If the man is going to Nigeria in one month, are you the one that will pay for his trip and expenses. Jealous is already in the corner because you do not have the luck this girl is having. Girl, I will advice you to wait because you never know. By the way, man that met a girl in one month and talking of marriage is not serious, there must be something fishing. My wife and I met in 2005 and we did not talk of marriage until after two years and last year we final become husband and wife. Just wait for the guy to land from UK first. But you girls can really surprise men. In just one month, you met another man and talking of marriage; God, wonder shall never end. It really hard to know what is on women heart the moment you are not there.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by ogbronx(m): 1:37am On Oct 22, 2009
this na yeye talk jare!
Re: Torn Between Two Men by vislabraye(m): 1:54am On Oct 22, 2009
I marvel for the lady in question. It's beyond bizarre for one to start building her future on someone she has not even met before except for phone conversation. Has she even seen his pictures? She needs proper one to one counselling
Re: Torn Between Two Men by MzBabs(f): 4:35am On Oct 22, 2009
abeg make she come marry me i dey stay america,i get plenty of dollars,i be fine boy no pimples
ROFL. That's Too funny.
Seriously though, Tell her to seek God 1st, everything else will be in order.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by r231(m): 5:07am On Oct 22, 2009
MrPrsdent:

marry the UK one and keep the home-based one for warmth,comfort and recharge cards grin

mmm grin grin grin grin
Re: Torn Between Two Men by TheSeeker(m): 5:51am On Oct 22, 2009
I have seen this story before, there's no need twisting the story, but I still maintain my stand that you've cheated; for you to have been talking with a guy in UK to a point where it led to you guys having a relationship (marriage talks is got to be about relationships, right?) while you still have a guy in Nigeria, then it's nothing but cheating at the highest order.

You didn't see fault with your guy in Nigeria who you have supposedly been through a lot with, until the UK guy came along. The UK guy has become so perfect that you see everything about the other guy as fault. I'm sorry for you.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by HERO111: 8:31am On Oct 22, 2009
@Poster, dont u think its too early to marry any of them having known dem for such a brief time?
its a question i may not have understood u well,
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Ekwere(m): 8:36am On Oct 22, 2009
Marriage is as important as the air you breath and if you should have a relationship with God Almighty who instituted marriage, you should be able to go on your knees and ask Him for direction. Both of them may not be the man for you, so I implore you to pray and even fast for marriage is till death do you part.

Dont be in a rush as to the UK or Nigeria guy and aside meeting the guy within a month and he proposes marriage does not mean that there is something wrong,being in friendship with your partner for 2-3 years does not guarantee everlasting marriage neither meeting your partner in a month time guarantees same.  It is God Almighty that guides, I met my wife and within 1 month I knew she is the one and we have been living happily ever, you know why? because I took the matter to God to guide and He really did ok.

Old gal, go and pray to God and dont listen to some craps here ok, wishing you well
Re: Torn Between Two Men by digerati(m): 8:54am On Oct 22, 2009
I read your post and it got me thinking, rather than judging straight away I think what you need is just a little guidance.  Marriage my dear is a life time institution.  If you get it all wrong, you've got your whole life time to regret it (well that's if you are like some of us that believe divorce is out of the question).  If you get it right, yes it could be fun but let no one fool you, even with the right man you'll have challenges.

I'd say you don't know both guys well enough just yet.  One question I have though is, why is the Nigerian guy in a hurry?  You just met a month ago!  If he is really yours he'll still be around when you are ready to make your decision.  As for the UK guy, I would suggest you guys at least meet, online or telephone love has a lower probability of standing serious challenges.  Note that I didn't say it can't work, it's just that there are higher odds against it.

And lady, please don't let all that talk about age bother you.  Yeah, yeah, I know that's easier said than done but girl there's more to love than hooking up with a young lady that's got all her assets INTACT or rather with a current NAFDAC number like one of the earlier posters put it.  Wether you marry early or not, you'll still get to that point where the assets just can't compete with younger ladies so what happens to your marriage then if that was all your man was looking out for?  

Dear, you marry your friend, someone you know, can live with and are compatible with (future/vision, social, NOT sexual yet o. You want to keep that special and something you'll both be looking forward to on the special night).  I hope this has thrown some light on the situation.  Please don't be caught up in the emotions of the moment.  Think it through.   smiley

Cheers
Re: Torn Between Two Men by bisiaet: 9:13am On Oct 22, 2009
Naija people pls wake up!!!! pls what is the common sense in this I mean why is it that our ladies are just too desperate about someone preaching marriage to them in an affairs of just few months and people are telling her to go ahead for Mr newman this is so funny. What is she talking about she was with someone before just a month break she got new one and Mr newman just want marriage just like that? This is no point and so annoying let her go back and think well. Is it an excuse because she had a break for a months and Mr newman just wanted marriage straight away? She is living in a dream land. I will only give her a better advise unless she tell the truth of what caused the one month break but if it was just a normal misunderstanding btw lovers and she got Mr newman within that one month then she is not serious.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Oluschenco(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2009
I hope money transfer haven't existed between the UK guy and the lady, if so it will be insane to have collected money and just for 1 month's break-in-transmission, she met someone who is ready for marriage.

The devil you've sabi before is far better to a new angel, you can never say what the naija guy will soon turn out to be.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by galatico(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2009
From what you wrote here she barely knows them, she should study both of them, take time not to hurry into marriage, and when she does she should get married to the one that love her most .
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2009
She should seek Gods opinion before making a choice
Re: Torn Between Two Men by floriana(m): 9:42am On Oct 22, 2009
You know the answer now. She should be torn (divided) into two equal half. One half to marry the Naija guy whom she has met and the Other half should be kept fresh through embalment process for the UK guy she has not met.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by MsZee(f): 9:44am On Oct 22, 2009
Take my advise sister, marry the home guy. Naija brothers make better husbands than all those abroad jangos that think marriage is all they see in foreign land.

A naija brother with foundation about marriage will sure make u happiest. Abroad guys are just shadows, else u mau wait eternity and still end up being wife number 2 <second option to his yankee wife>

As far as ur text depicits:
1. You are the person you are talking about
2. you desperately want to travel to UK
3. you have already made ur choice just that u are a bit confused, cos reasoning is setting in against delusion.

WAke up sister!
Besides who told you the naija brother will not take you to Paris, UK, US or whereever for your honey moon or to live later in life.

Like someone already said "A BIRD IN HAND IS WORTH MORE THAN BILLIONS IN THE BUSH"
CHOOSE WISELY
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Nezan(m): 9:49am On Oct 22, 2009
You need to decide on what you personanally want first.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by r231(m): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2009
breathe first of all, do they both know about each other, if you are honest with them both about what is going on, you may not have to pick one, because one might see themselves out, if there is a complete understanding choose the one that knows the title of the book you would write, if you had to write one, basically you need to embrace the one that listens to you and hears and apreciates you, if that's both of them then you may just have to really take some time apart from them both and see who you thought of the most.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Amjustme: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2009
The problem with NL is dat sometimes u r talking to peeps u dont knw, some r kids, others teenagers, some matured but they all want to give advices no matter how silly.

Well poster, am not an advocate 4 long distant relationships, @ present i can count quite a no of people i know who had stable relationships but had to part ways because of distance, infact even some marriages! Being with someone you want to marry in the same town helps ypu discover alot about each other esp habits/lifestyle instead of some fake calls.

Wish u d very best.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by johnson11(m): 10:14am On Oct 22, 2009
My sister dont deceived yourself, i will advise you to go for what you see and what you can get hold of what if the guy in UK start giving you excuses or he has met someone else in Uk, Go to God and pray about it cause not all that glitter is Gold, He WILL DIRECT YOUR STEPS
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Utaroz(m): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2009
You need to persuade your UK guy to make an appearance. If he holds you in high esteem, he'll show up for physical sighting. As soon as that happens, your mind will be made up!

Pray also concerning it. Good luck.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2009
Since the ladies' definition of marriage is wealth, so be it. Dem break their hands say mak them no get money ba? Divorce hasn't started yet. Old age while waiting for Mr right is not far away! Ms Uju, has money or mouth? To me, not marriage isn't for eveyone.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2009
OvieE:

Please guys, stop crucifying the guy in UK. Some of you here already denouncing him of not having job. If the man is going to Nigeria in one month, are you the one that will pay for his trip and expenses. Jealous is already in the corner because you do not have the luck this girl is having. Girl, I will advice you to wait because you never know. By the way, man that met a girl in one month and talking of marriage is not serious, there must be something fishing. My wife and I met in 2005 and we did not talk of marriage until after two years and last year we final become husband and wife. Just wait for the guy to land from UK first. But you girls can really surprise men. In just one month, you met another man and talking of marriage; God, wonder shall never end. It really hard to know

what is on women heart the moment you are not there

very very wrong and misleading statement in BOLD
The fact that it happened to you that way does not mean it most happen to others, stop generalising!
I met my hubby in March and in May he asked me to marry him ( 2months). We are happily married now.
I know of people that talk about marriage in a month and they are doing fine
Serious and ready to marry guys don't waste time when they find someone they think would be a good wife.

Poster similar story, as for me , I chose the one in 9Ja over the one in the US!!
It was a case of who I could see for me, I am glad I did! The one in the US got married to my friend eventually! I introduced them to each other  grin cheesy
Re: Torn Between Two Men by bjcisse: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2009
When am tired and feel like sleeping @ work, i just visit this site and i feel like sleeping NO MORE!

Not only the topic is funny but response from many people just make laugh here.

Somebody is populating a script for a new NollyWood film.

One day somebody after marriage will soon ask us how to go to bed with his/her spouse on this forum.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by okuya: 11:04am On Oct 22, 2009
Let her write the two names on different sheets place them on the table and do TUMBUM! TUMBUM! BASKELELE!
Re: Torn Between Two Men by mygladness: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2009
Don't be deceived by the prospect of going to UK. Marriage goes beyond pounds and dollars. I will advise that you give both guys equal opportunity in assessing their strength of character. The guy in UK should show up before you can beginning to take him serious. And never settle for "my husband is in the UK" as commom among some ladies in Nigeria. Marriage by proxy does not worth it. And more importantly, prayerfully choose between the two guys, God help u.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by ttalks(m): 11:32am On Oct 22, 2009
The girl in question has no business being torn between any of the two guys.
The relationship which she has with either of the two is too short for her to be even considering anything akin to marriage.
Marriage is not a child's play issue.
You need time(we're talking at least 1 - 2 yrs) for you to even considering marrying anybody whom u've met.
Why do women get blown away with month(s) old relationships and start considering marriage?
Is marriage all they came to this earth to accomplish?
Is it by force that one must marry sef?

Please re-attach ur torn parts together and detach any marriage issues from either guy and treat them both as friends(not even boyfriends).
As time goes on, you will be able to determine what is good enough for you and what is right before making any plans or decisions about marriage.

N/B: it takes time to build meaningful relationships. Months are too short; years are worth it.
Re: Torn Between Two Men by koolchicco: 11:39am On Oct 22, 2009
okuya:

Let her write the two names on different sheets place them on the table and do TUMBUM! TUMBUM! BASKELELE!

LMFFAO- Tumbum,tumbum. . . grin grin grin
Re: Torn Between Two Men by stiyke(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2009
Ekwere:

Marriage is as important as the air you breath and if you should have a relationship with God Almighty who instituted marriage, you should be able to go on your knees and ask Him for direction. Both of them may not be the man for you, so I implore you to pray and even fast for marriage is till death do you part.

Dont be in a rush as to the UK or Nigeria guy and aside meeting the guy within a month and he proposes marriage does not mean that there is something wrong,being in friendship with your partner for 2-3 years does not guarantee everlasting marriage neither meeting your partner in a month time guarantees same.  It is God Almighty that guides, I met my wife and within 1 month I knew she is the one and we have been living happily ever, you know why? because I took the matter to God to guide and He really did ok.

Old gal, go and pray to God and dont listen to some craps here ok, wishing you well

A word is enough for the wise. Only God makes marriage work
Re: Torn Between Two Men by Meldrick(m): 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2009
ttalks:

N/B: it takes time to build meaningful relationships. Months are too short; years are worth it.

But remember, ''Time waits for nobody''. The lady in question might be approaching retirement age.

There is simply nothing for the lady to think about. How can you say you are in love with someone you have never seen? Except the love for the dollar has overtaken her sense of reasoning and it has culminated into greed(big eye a.k.a ojukokoro).

The lady might think she is in love with one guy abroad who has proposed marriage but it might be our naija guys in Mushin or Ajegunle just pulling her legs and tickling her fancy. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship / Guys, What Are Ur Pick Up Lines? / What Parents Do That Make Their Daughters Sex-starved!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.