Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,753 members, 7,965,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:37 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (104824 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by raphieMontella: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
ilynem:

I have nothing to prove to you. My brother I was once like you. I had lots of questions that needed answering and so I did my research. Instead of acting ignorant, do your own research and stop spouting rubbish because other people do.
just look at you?
Making claims that hold no water..
Scholars say he existed...some say he didnt..
The issue here was your statement ===100%percent of scholars..
So either substantiate your claim or carry on with your lies..

talking about reasearch? Lol like you even know what research is...
Mtcheeew..abeg shift!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by matrixme(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
It's really not easy being the Ooni of Ife in this age, especially as the young king tries to be cosmopolitan and all. All these fetish practices has a way of sucking up one's soul.
The ooni should take a cue from MKO Abiola, whose installation as the Aare Kakanfo of Yoruba race resulted in the beginning of his problems. I'm a modernist Yoruba person, but I'd rather not be in tune with the dark side of my culture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by universalMan: 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
As the ages draw to a sure and final close, men will increasingly love the demonic lies of darkness far more than the light of truth. Let every soul take heed to himself where he or she belongs. The Lord of the harvest shall not fail even one of his declared words. The mystery of iniquity is the strange short lived joy of those who perish!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by ilynem(m): 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

just look at you?
Making claims that hold no water..
Scholars say he existed...some say he didnt..
The issue here was your statement ===100%percent of scholars..
So either substantiate your claim or carry on with your lies..

talking about reasearch? Lol like you even know what research is...
Mtcheeew..abeg shift!
Scholars like you say He didn't exist? Any brain dead person like you can go on the internet and post any rubbish. But I am taking about doctors of Theology. 100 percent of them have confirmed his existence. I will make my claim anywhere. And I would rather believe them then believe a nairaland troll.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by saintdennis(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
MarieSucre:

You were the one who listed Asia, Europe and the middle east doing it as an excuse for us doing it in Nigeria, so why don't you answer the question.

Hmm so one needs to always spell out post in this NL? People no fit comprehend?

It means u don't even know the meaning of the word barbaric?

Look at my reason for scolding u...reconcile it with ur statement calling their act BARBARIC.

@least u should be smart enough to figure it out...if u can't then show others who r smarter.

*yawns* Anyway bye.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by raphieMontella: 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
ilynem:

Scholars like you say He didn't exist? Any brain dead person like you can go on the internet and post any rubbish. But I am taking about doctors of Theology. 100 percent of them have confirmed his existence. I will make my claim anywhere. And I would rather believe them then believe a nairaland troll.
a claim that you cant substantiate..
Abeg swerve joor..
I dont have time for silly talks.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by BAVOSKI(m): 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Wait, Are crown weighs 100kg or 10kg? Is that a typo or something because 100kg is equivalent to two bags of rice... undecided
Oya mi lenu ooooooo
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Eluwilussit(m): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

So will you

The Islamic hell fire awaits you.

Calling Jesus an illiterate is a compliment considering he never existed

And your pedophile emir Sanusi and other hypocritical Islamic leaders are always quick and ready to confess their love for the illiterate carpenter that never existed, and also quick to tell us that you can't be a true muslim without believing in and loving the man called Jesus the Christ?

How the hell do you live with such hypocrisy? Tell me, in your own words how your emir can love Jesus while you believe he was a myth.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by UjSizzle(f): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
How can you wear a 100kg crown on your head? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by frank202012: 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
hungryboy:
the rich culture been stop the British from colonizing your people, or Making slaves out of 'em?
Let's stop lying to ourselves abeg

That dullard may be a twin,forgetting the rich culture would have wasted him in the evil forrest if not for the poor carpenter.
Some ppl shaa.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Joebeck(f): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
And this same man will still go to church, you can't serve God and Satan at the same time.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by CuteTj(m): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
brightballer:
Good.

I hope it is not costing you much. The land.
Like 230k per hectare.

Where can I source seeds from?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Martinola(m): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

So will you

Receive sense IJN imoral potential terrorist
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Mynd44: 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
UjSizzle:
How can you wear a 100kg crown on your head? shocked
Not literarily. I dont know how to explain this but the weight he will feel when he wears it.

It is more "spiritual" I still dont know how to rightly explain this……

Just like the what the maiden that represents the Osun goddess carries. It is light weight but a heavy burden on the bearer…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by bigtt76(f): 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
Not for you to judge where he or she will go. Understand the doctrine your own way and allow others their own way. I wonder

HungerBAD:

I dont get you?are you calling Jesus Christ an Illiterate?

Hahn mark my words, you will go to Hell Fire.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by dreezybines: 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
cyrilamx:
He won't go to hell fire..from history such people who makes mockery of christ and Christianity usually become great Christian and do suffer more on account of the gospel...the zeal they channel in trying to obliterate the faith will now be used in promoting it...

Thanks for this great comment...Exactly what I had in mind...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Malayy(m): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ishilove:

Wait, Are crown weighs 100kg or 10kg? Is that a typo or something because 100kg is equivalent to two bags of rice... undecided
2 bags of cement.. as I see 100kg, I rush enter, I wan see that man, that Goliath wey wear 2bags if cement for head
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by baum1: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:

Bro, there is still hope. He can still see the light before it's too late

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by coldFLARES1(m): 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Tolexander:
a ke gbajure o!

The crown can't weigh 100kg!
Are crown being at par with 2 bags of cement in terms of earth gravitational pull?
I laughed at the mention of a crown weighing 100Kg. What does the Ooni himself weigh to carry two bags of cement on his head.

It could be spiritual weight sha!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by DeRay98(m): 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

I am sure god has an account here on nairaland and is secretly storing my messages.

I hope he is using 100TB storage because more are loading grin

"Its only a fool who says there's no God..."
There's still hope for you as far as you're breathing...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Gudfrie(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

So will you

May Almighty God forgive you cos you don't know what you are saying
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by malikombi(m): 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
HsLBroker:
lol, this lairs will not make our cultures flourish, and also I was tutor in school, when I was in primary school by my Yoruba teacher that oduduwa came from heaven to earth with a chain, fallacy, munbo jumbo, had to tell my children not to believe in that lie, if you want culture to stand the test of time, at least let everything that surrounding it be proofable, that is why science will always makes an edge and proof culture wrong because you can always proof science with evident and law that is static or non static.
Gbaski jare bro, honesty is the best policy
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by malikombi(m): 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
HsLBroker:
lol, this lairs will not make our cultures flourish, and also I was tutor in school, when I was in primary school by my Yoruba teacher that oduduwa came from heaven to earth with a chain, fallacy, munbo jumbo, had to tell my children not to believe in that lie, if you want culture to stand the test of time, at least let everything that surrounding it be proofable, that is why science will always makes an edge and proof culture wrong because you can always proof science with evident and law that is static or non static.
Gbaski jare bro, honesty is the best policy
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
How people with such a rich culture believe that an illiterate carpenter in impoverished Israel deserves their worship eludes me
Illiterate?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:

Jesus was not an illiterate but he won't go to hell fire.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Akemmi(m): 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
How people with such a rich culture believe that an illiterate carpenter in impoverished Israel deserves their worship eludes me

Believe me, I'm praying for you. May God almighty show you mercy in Jesus name.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by afemgbosey(m): 7:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

Revelation: 1. 7. Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by phestus(m): 7:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:

Do you have proof he existed?
The proof is in your quaran which am guesing you don't read. grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by MarieSucre(f): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
saintdennis:

Hmm so one needs to always spell out post in this NL? People no fit comprehend?

It means u don't even know the meaning of the word barbaric?

Look at my reason for scolding u...reconcile it with ur statement calling their act BARBARIC.

@least u should be smart enough to figure it out...if u can't then show others who r smarter.

*yawns* Anyway bye.

So you think its not barbaric? Fine!

I say it and I'll say it again, sacrificing a dog to Ogun is Savage, cruel, exceeding brutal and primitive. Let us agree to disagree.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by christofashion1(m): 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
hahn:
I pray that God will have mercy on you, cos what I see now is that you are suffering from spiritual madness
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by Princemanuel(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ile-Ife (Osun) –

The ‎Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, put on the sacred Aare crown on Saturday in Ile-Ife, Osun, for the first time amidst jubilations and local gun salute by the natives. Oba Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, performed the symbolic trip from Ile Oodua, his palace to Oke Mogun shrine, to mark this year’s Olojo Festival, being the first time he would participate in the festival as Ooni.

Olojo Festival holds annually in Ile Ife, to mark creation of the universe and “Are crown” a special crown made of 151 items. It is wore only during the celebration of the festival and was adorned by Ooni.

Decked in all white apparel, Oba Ogunwusi, had been in seclusion for 5 days. He left his residence for Oke Mogun around 4: 30p.m for the final rites before he wore mystic “Are” crown. At exactly 5 p.m. Oba Ogunwusi, emerged with Are crown holding a white dove, amidst prayers and several gunshots which began with the journey to Oke Mogun and Idi Aje.

Two major ports of call during Olojo Festival where rituals and prayers were said for the peace of Nigeria and Yoruba race. Are crown, according to sources, in Ooni’s palace weighs 100 kg, last made the trip to Oke Mogun several years ago. “ Because the late Ooni, Oba Okunade Sijuade, owing to his advance age in last 3 years of his reign did not wear Are crown even during the celebration of Olojo.

On the procession of Ooni to Oke Mogun were Ife chiefs, priests and members of Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, as well as indigenes and tourists from different parts of world. Before Ooni commenced the trip, his messengers, who wore only shorts, wielding cane performed the symbolic sprint to Oke Mogun three times to clear the route the monarch would take. The festival was peaceful, as all and sundry were in celebration mood, praying for the progress and development of the Yoruba race and the country at large.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/jubilation-ooni-wears-aare-crown-first-time/
Spoilt king wear 2bags of rice for head as crown and hin no faint
Telme sometin else
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) by MicroBox: 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
I can't imagine myself being in this town seeing all these rituals broad day light...
It's going to be do or die affair, at least I will disrupt their activities and it's going to be in their record.
It's high time government ban all this public display of paganism in the 21st century.
Rubbish tradition..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio / History Of Nsibidi The Ancient Igbo Alphabets Britain Destroyed Ibo Civilization / Traditional Edo Attire In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.