Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,382 members, 7,947,614 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 03:38 AM

Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ (8838 Views)

Guys Can You Do This? (photos) / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? / Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by Afribiz(f): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ Syren,
I ain't talking 'bout ladies that were once married, but those young ladies that never got married but had two or more children from various men. What other explanation is there to it?, it is simply tooooo bad. Whatever happened to the adage that says "Once bitten, twice shy"?

Yes, nobody is perfect, myself inclusive, but we should at least show some decency while in relationships. When you see a relationship that isn't going to work out, babe, don't force yourself into it, because it won't still work out, even with that protruding tummy.

It is we the women that bears the pain and agony of such mishaps, and that's the main reason for us to be very careful. Those that haven't fallen victims should please learn not be promiscuous and over desperate.
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by chisomquee: 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2008
i can marry a single mother as long as she is not older than me,God fearing and has one child.
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by syren: 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2008
Afribiz:

@ Syren,
I ain't talking 'bout ladies that were once married, but those young ladies that never got married but had two or more children from various men. What other explanation is there to it?, it is simply tooooo bad. Whatever happened to the adage that says "Once bitten, twice shy"?

Yes, nobody is perfect, myself inclusive, but we should at least show some decency while in relationships. When you see a relationship that isn't going to work out, babe, don't force yourself into it, because it won't still work out, even with that protruding tummy.

It is we the women that bears the pain and agony of such mishaps, and that's the main reason for us to be very careful. Those that haven't fallen victims should please learn not be promiscuous and over desperate.

I see what your saying, sorry I got a little worked up over it undecided I agree many are irresponsible just that there are a few that have also been unlucky in life not that they weren't trying to do the right thing.
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by Afribiz(f): 10:40am On Aug 15, 2008
syren:

I see what your saying, sorry I got a little worked up over it undecided I agree many are irresponsible just that there are a few that have also been unlucky in life not that they weren't trying to do the right thing.

I really feel for those good, but unlucky ones. Sometimes i can't help asking why life seems to be unfair at times. sad. May God help us.
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by idupaul: 10:44am On Aug 15, 2008
If u wanna marry, marry dont talk, kini big deal undecided
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by olanajim(m): 10:51am On Aug 15, 2008
oya mi lenu o
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by superstan(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2008
marry a single mum? no!

too many factors are involved.

no matter how much she claims to love u, her kids come first/

besides, u have to keep hoping her kids like u(wth?)

single mums should find single dads. cool
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by rubi(f): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2008
if I am a man I will say others may but personally I cannot
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by syren: 9:02pm On Aug 15, 2008
Afribiz:

I really feel for those good, but unlucky ones. Sometimes i can't help asking why life seems to be unfair at times. sad. May God help us.

Me too, as for the irresponsible ones I can't pity them o.  sad  grin
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by doe82: 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Syren
How u dey
sorry my sever went bad the last time
@topic
d personality of the girl is key here
most girls ve been tru it at one time or the other just that there is no physical evidence to it.for those that ve "kid" not "kids"I think their heart is made of gold and should be treated kindly
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by syren: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2008
doe82:

@Syren
How u dey
sorry my sever went bad the last time

Hi doe i'm fine i'm doing ok. How r u today?

Thought you were running away from me sad grin Is it ok now?
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by doe82: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2008
nooo
for what now?
it feels going meeting u again
ope u re pushing fine?
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by doe82: 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2008
pls i ve to run now
I ve a meeting i should be in in 10 mins time
takia ok?
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by syren: 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2008
ok dear, see you  grin
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by kolaoloye(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2008
love is a real sacrifice
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by Busybody2(f): 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2008
kola oloye:

love is a real sacrifice

God bless you kiss

Even single people without offsprings come with their own baggage too.
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 02, 2008
NO NO cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by AreU4real: 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2008
Hmm,well the way I see it what does it matter who has this or that, if you have really found that true love, then sacrifice comes into the picture. One has to be accepted with what ever they bring into the relationship. And if you don't want extra baggage then just keep moving on. Don't worry about what you might of missed out on.
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by sexyLeamon(f): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2009
if you love the person what's wrong with it?
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2009
Mothers are responsible.
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by Whome(f): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2009
I have to respond because I get so offended by these kinds of threads.

My story is this I had on child out of wedlock but was in the relationship for a long while with the man. He said he loved me and wanted us to be together for life but he started seeing other people on the side. I didn't want to put up with the behavior so I broke it off only to find out I was pregnant afterwards.

I stayed a single mom till my daughter was two years old. I met someone we dated for almost a year and we finally married. I had a son but after my son was born my husband became abusive. I did not want my children in this environment and I divorced. Again I stayed single until my son was three years old and I met someone who lived overseas through a good friend of mine and we dated for 2 years. We finally got married and had a son. My current husband turned out to be a total liar and schemer and now I am headed for divorce again.

My first husband was good at first but later started hanging with the wrong kinds of people and smoking weed and being abusive. My second husband was a liar and a con. I have not slept around. I have never had one abortion in my life and I was a good wife and mother who always tried to be supportive of my husband and am supportive of my children. I have my own business although some days its good and other days not so but I am trying and I support my children well. Everything I have goes first to them and I get for myself when I can. I am not bragging but asking everyone here that had something negative to say about single mothrs, WHAT OF MY OWN?

If I never meet anyone I am prepared for raising my children alone but why should I be condemned for being a good woman who unfortunately met not so good men. I didn't rush into marriage with them and I was not pregnant when we got married so it was not a marriage of force. But why should I still be looked down upon just because I have children. Wont their fathers go on and marry again and have relationships? If i being single the rest of my life should be my fate then shouldn't whats good for the goose be good for the gander?
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by aishaah(f): 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
i dont c anything bad in being a single parent,dis can happen to anybody so we dont av to condemn ,they need someone to luv n care for dem too
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by swart4real: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
i am swart also a nigerian but leave outside nigeria i am lonly here looking for a good women or girl any one available should contact me through this swartphotos@yahoo.com any guy man that try to contact me will lost his contact thats all i know
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by dean2725: 3:55am On Jul 15, 2009
swart4real:

i am swart also a nigerian but leave outside nigeria i am lonly here looking for a good women or girl any one available should contact me through this swartphotos@yahoo.com any guy man that try to contact me will lost his contact thats all i know

waoh!!. . .oko oloyun! grin grin
so what is this suppose to mean
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by dean2725: 3:58am On Jul 15, 2009
Whome:

My story is this I had on child out of wedlock but was in the relationship for a long while with the man. He said he loved me and wanted us to be together for life but he started seeing other people on the side. I didn't want to put up with the behavior so I broke it off only to find out I was pregnant afterwards.

I stayed a single mom till my daughter was two years old. I met someone we dated for almost a year and we finally married. I had a son but after my son was born my husband became abusive. I did not want my children in this environment and I divorced. Again I stayed single until my son was three years old and I met someone who lived overseas through a good friend of mine and we dated for 2 years. We finally got married and had a son. My current husband turned out to be a total liar and schemer and now I am headed for divorce again.

My first husband was good at first but later started hanging with the wrong kinds of people and smoking weed and being abusive. My second husband was a liar and a con. I have not slept around. I have never had one abortion in my life and I was a good wife and mother who always tried to be supportive of my husband and am supportive of my children. I have my own business although some days its good and other days not so but I am trying and I support my children well. Everything I have goes first to them and I get for myself when I can. I am not bragging but asking everyone here that had something negative to say about single mothrs, WHAT OF MY OWN?

If I never meet anyone I am prepared for raising my children alone but why should I be condemned for being a good woman who unfortunately met not so good men. I didn't rush into marriage with them and I was not pregnant when we got married so it was not a marriage of force. But why should I still be looked down upon just because I have children. Wont their fathers go on and marry again and have relationships? If i being single the rest of my life should be my fate then shouldn't whats good for the goose be good for the gander?

Sad if that is the way it is! sad
am sorry m'am
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by JustGood(m): 9:15am On Jul 15, 2009
Whome:

Every man who's been in your life is being painted as evil here.

Have you ever tried to look inwards at all? undecided
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by JustGood(m): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2009
I can never advise anyone I know to marry a single mum. Except in unfortunate circumstances of widowhood or the likes.

Why start your life with complications when there are enough single women around!
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2009
//
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by Whome(f): 3:08am On Jul 17, 2009
Oh so the two of you find my posts in another thread and come here to talk rubbish. For both of your information my husband did NOT leave me. I left them! Get your facts straight before you go running around speaking without merit.

Neither of you know me nor were around in my life for either of my marriages, yet becuase I stood up on behalf of another poster you want to go around trying to belittle me on a message board. I work on my computer so I am able to see what is going on throughout the day but what is your exscuse? Please both of you get a life and stop trying to decode mine becuase neither of you have a clue as to what your talking about!
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by Whome(f): 3:22am On Jul 17, 2009
And second of all @ CHAIRCOVER were you my husband? Did I say my vows with you? You speak with no facts about what you are saying yet you want it to be taken seriously! I did not blame either husband just stated the facts of what went on in my marriage. But let me ask you this. Do you know my inner self? Have you ever met me beyond this message board? On what factual evidence can you say that I was a "GENERAL" in my marriage? NONE!

I have never come on this board ranting and raving using bad language or degrading insults to get my point across. I always try to back up what I say with facts and common sense but here you are again trying to run your mouth about my life when you have no idea. Who is the woman here? Who is the one that has carried herself with class all the way through? And you want to use the word stupid in another post because I married a man who lied to me? SO I guess no man has ever lied to you and you have never loved? I better end this here because the more I try to be civil with you the angrier I get and I refuse to stoop to YOUR level!
Re: Guys Can You Marry A Single Mum? :-\ by JustGood(m): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2009
Whome:

Tell me I pray what your above post has to do with what's being discussed here except to tell us that the 3 men you have children for turned evil after being involved with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Real House Wives / Comical Reasons Why Kids Cry(pics) / Great Things About Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.