Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,804 members, 7,882,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:30 PM

A Frustrated Woman - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Frustrated Woman (77112 Views)

'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 26, 2016
Dyt:

Seal7 Martin Luther said

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

before You coman put me in trouble. embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Frustrated Woman by solara: 3:21am On Oct 26, 2016
Acheron:
Maaamaaa,

The guy will come to his senses when that baby is finally born, trust me. For now, just stay healthy and try your best possible to be a good woman and wife to him.

I can bet it with anything that things will return to normalcy when the baby is here. That baby will draw you both together especially if the baby turns out to be a boy and a replica of him. I've seen this happen before.

That baby needs you to be strong right now. This shall pass.

undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by gasparpisciotta: 3:30am On Oct 26, 2016
If your company policy is not against you marrying a colleague....pls go ahead to get your benefits at work. Who says the marriage can not still work out?....sometimes seemingly bad situations like this can still turn out to be ablessing....good luck
Re: A Frustrated Woman by KingRex1(m): 3:33am On Oct 26, 2016
rosalieene:
Tomorrow now, alotta guys would say, if you love him, make the move and tell him your feelings.... this is 21st century...
ladies never chase a guy, I repeat never chase a guy. If you love a guy, allow him to come to you instead to prevent insult to your personality. Most guys like taking advantage of ladies that like them.
Nah this is different, she didn't just tell him her feelings, she gave him an ultimatum.
He was reasonable at first, but right until the tough spot she placed him.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 26, 2016
Choosing whom to commit ourselves to is merely a case of identifying which particular variety of suffering we would most like to sacrifice ourself for.
The op is willing to sacrifice herself/happiness for her marriage. Things will surely get better with time...hopefully.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by PETRUCE007: 3:47am On Oct 26, 2016
Morning....

From your story ,i couldnt find any fault on your part...ladies do funny things when they are in love...

Buh dnt ever marry him...
A marriage that is not built on love is a waste of time.....

He may later say you used your pregnancy to trap him/unless he wouldnt have married you...

The love you have for him is why you are considering marrying him.....after marriage if he maltreat you.....all this love will disappear ......piam

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by flexysam(m): 3:52am On Oct 26, 2016
OP are both working in delta and his parent reside in ILORIN? I knw of a case similar to that. so that I can contact his family on the issue.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Maaamaaa: 4:03am On Oct 26, 2016
KingRex1:

Nah this is different, she didn't just tell him her feelings, she gave him an ultimatum.
He was reasonable at first, but right until the tough spot she placed him.

Please don't misjudged me.

I told him that I had feelings for him and he said he has too but he has a girlfriend.
I decided not to be so close to him then because he was my only friend in a new town with no family.
I made other friends at work, I went out for occasions with my other colleagues because I believed my love for him will die if we were not so close.

He became jealous and will badmouth other male colleagues that had interest in me.
Some days he will tell me I know I'm making a big mistake if I don't marry you, you're everything I want in a wife.

He will come to my house and be all loving and caring but sometimes he will still call the girl.

I got tired of his games and told him to choose between us because I'm not in the mood for games, I never forced or cajoled him to date me.

Even when I found out he had not fully broken up with him, I told him I'm moving out (we were living together) and moving on, he apologized and I let it go (although he told me he did that because he had no rent then).

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Dyt(f): 4:23am On Oct 26, 2016
thelish:

I like u sha. lol

cheesy
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Dyt(f): 4:24am On Oct 26, 2016
oluspicy:

That's one of Martin Luther King Jnr's quote, not Seal7.

That's a moniker
I only copied his signature
undecided

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Dyt(f): 4:24am On Oct 26, 2016
cangoallnyt:

nice words from u
i pray u have more wisdom
u are d only person who ignored prejudice,instead u tried to show care and understanding
May God bless
nobody is perfect

Awww
Now I wanna cry
cry
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Dyt(f): 4:25am On Oct 26, 2016
brownsoldier:

I absolutely love your comment and adore your approach to her problem. The kindness that accompanied it is heartwarming. I must admit I have silently read your comments on other threads on various issues in the past and may have misjudged you. I know different now. God bless you

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I know sometimes if not most times
I am quite annoying

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by KingRex1(m): 4:27am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:

I told him that I had feelings for him and he said he has too but he has a girlfriend.
I decided not to be so close to him then because he was my only friend in a new town with no family.
I made other friends at work, I went out for occasions with my other colleagues because I believed my love for him will die if we were not so close.

He became jealous and will badmouth other male colleagues that had interest in me.
Some days he will tell me I know I'm making a big mistake if I don't marry you, you're everything I want in a wife.

He will come to my house and be all loving and caring but sometimes he will still call the girl.

I got tired of his games and told him to choose between us because I'm not in the mood for games, I never forced or cajoled him to date me.

Even when I found out he had not fully broken up with him, I told him I'm moving out (we were living together) and moving on, he apologized and I let it go (although he told me he did that because he had no rent then).
Tell him to go nd raise the child urself. You have God.

2 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Dyt(f): 4:30am On Oct 26, 2016
Seal7:

before You coman put me in trouble. embarassed

I only copied your signature
Whoever said
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by drehdinho(m): 4:36am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:
Thank you everybody for your sincere opinion. I believe I will move on with my child alone.

Please how do I overcome the shame at work because I can't quit now, I need the money.
Seriously, this part got me feeling like crying. Please, don't be discouraged. Even though as some have said, you made mistakes, but this is easier said than done. If some of those had been in your shoes the probability that they would even perform worse than you did is high. There are some situations,in which we find ourselves sometimes, which are just beyond human control. My sincere and true advice is that pray to God to comfort your pain and sorrow. The man might change his ways towards you. Who knows even the lady she wanted to marry has no aorta of love for him. Who knows maybe the two of you, that is, the man and you are meant for each other.
Be your normal self and move on with your life. Pray that you deliver safely and don't ever try to quit that job! Please, don't. The reason is whether you quit or not, your colleagues have already known what transpired between the two of you. There's nothing new under the sun, don't brood too much on the matter. Continue with your life. Life is good. Remember, there will be some whose life are worse than a living dead, yet they never gave up for a second. You're better than what you think. Happiness is your portion. Bye.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Mayflowa(m): 4:37am On Oct 26, 2016
Ujoan:

I think most women would try "one last time" . . . . No one would walk away just like that. But you are carrying his baby and your families are both involved. So don't think he will cast you away out rightly. Of course he will apologise, play nice for a while, get you to be his wife and then go back to treating you and your children like crap.

Bottom line is that this guy never loved you. You were a means too and end for him, but you made it too serious by getting pregnant. He needed you both financially and sexually. I can bet my last kobo that he would not have even considered you if you were broke too.

Guys do that all the time and a lot of us fall for it, so don't blame yourself.

But if you love yourself and want an atom of happiness in this life, please don't marry that man. No matter what he says!

Or you can go for option 2. . . Marry him just to give your child a name. And get ready to take whatever comes your way.

You don't know men. These are presumption. A man will go for any girl, just any girl whether poor or rich, beautiful or ugly if the lady show him interest. How many men can resist a woman? you know why? Getting woo by a woman doesn't happen to us everyday even compliment is hard to get from a lady. So we are beguiled anytime we hear such. Why do you think young girls fall quickly for scope? They are easy prey until they become use to boys' deception.

Another secret, many men develop cold finger whenever they are going into marriage. Some are even at the blink of calling it off while the bride goes on shopping spree oblivious of the fight going on on her fiance mind. Why? Men don't want to be taken. They keep assuming there is a better person out there. Men are chief crier over lost girlfriend and if given the chance, they soon realized the other girl is worse than who they with.

we are prisoner of our mind but time wear all of these and we soon grow to love our spouse. So this guy will come around if she knows how to neglect him but take care of his things and food.The guy nor get level. him wey never fit pay rent dey talk how he wan to marry anoda girl!

2 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by SeyiAyorinde(m): 4:42am On Oct 26, 2016
one thing am sure of is that he just accepted temporarily because of the pregnancy... "no one marries out of pity"
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Mayflowa(m): 4:43am On Oct 26, 2016
drehdinho:

Seriously, this part got me feeling like crying. Please, don't be discouraged. Even though as some have said, you made mistakes, but this is easier said than done. If some of those had been in your shoes the probability that they would even perform worse than you did is high. There are some situations,in which we find ourselves sometimes, which are just beyond human control. My sincere and true advice is that pray to God to comfort your pain and sorrow. The man might change his ways towards you. Who knows even the lady she wanted to marry has no aorta of love for him. Who knows maybe the two of you, that is, the man and you are meant for each other.
Be your normal self and move on with your life. Pray that you deliver safely and don't ever try to quit that job! Please, don't. The reason is whether you quit or not, your colleagues have already known what transpired between the two of you. There's nothing new under the sun, don't brood too much on the matter. Continue with your life. Life is good. Remember, there will be some whose life are worse than a living dead, yet they never gave up for a second. You're better than what you think. Happiness is your portion. Bye.

which colleagues? hehehe. If she has the magic to x-ray her colleagues office lives, she will spit on fire on the atrocity they are committing under close door.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by mizthorlu(f): 4:45am On Oct 26, 2016
the story is nauseating and disgusting, had to stop reading at the 2nd page.
you stylishly curved a man that isn't yours in the first place and you think karma will not mess with you? my people will say, " oun ton ara e"

@23, you still sound and reason like a foolish lady, asking mundane questions like you I pack out? what will i do with my job blablabla

I don't advice people like you, you can either go ahead and marry him, since you seem to care about what people think over your sanity/happiness.
marry him at your own risk, he'll definitely keep late nights, you'll raise your baby yourself, he won't even sleep at home sef.

if you call off the wedding, people will talk, your colleague's will mock you but no one will dare say it your face. anyone that dares will be made a scapegoat... you'll be sad for a while, but it will pass.

you can't manipulate a guy and walk away with it o, its we women that are quick to love and overlook faulty foundations.

*just angry* do what you think is good for you.

I hope you'll serve as a lesson to other girl's trying hard to snatch another babe's bf/fiancé Or trying to manipulate a guy with pregnancy... ko le work
Re: A Frustrated Woman by joyandfaith: 4:51am On Oct 26, 2016
obituary. never marry him.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Wristler: 4:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:

Dear Maamaa, I am posting this in the middle of the night, after reading and analysing every darn comment on this Thread from the first page to the present (10th)
That said.. ..I sincerely feel for you and I wish I could talk with you. I understand perfectly what you're going through and why you took the bold step of opening this thread. I know you have heard several angles and shades of advice, so I won't bore you with long stories.
1. Online advice shld never be prioritized (not even mine) .Lotta people here asking you to leave the man are either unmarried, unready to settle down or in a broken home.

2. A few like #accountbalance actually advised you to persevere and that's what I'll advise my sister if she were to be in your shoes. ( I pray she doesn't tho)

3. I'm married, so I can talk about marriage.. The guy will sooner or later come around to you. A guy ( can't remember his moniker now, in the early parts if this thread) gave his personal experience, which was kinda similar to yours and how he was mean to his wife. He said he'll choose to marry his wife over and over again. I realised that most of the pple asking you to quit are females and the few asking you to persevere are males. It makes me wonder, how we males are able to understand the guy and can be sure he'll come back around. Maybe we'll all appreciate a lady like you if we're to be in the guy's shoes.

4. Love does grow. It might not be it now but definitely Love does grow.... All you need, is to give it the chance to.
Do your best and part..... Life is not fair. I'm sure he will never forget that you loved him 100 and you never gave up. ( I pray you don't). Some pple work you up cuz you made the first move... .its not a bad idea, what if you never did and he did...this might still have happened.

5. Nothing good comes easy, Life is not a bed of roses. Nobody has it rosy, No marriage is perfect. Give yours a chance to work. À lot of ladies want fairy tale marriages and it just don't happen. Even If you leave him, how sure are you that you will get 100 with another considering that you're a mother already (After one lipsrsealed ). ( thé grass is never greener other than plenty manure ( bullsh!!t) and watering (handwork and dedication). I love my wife and I'll always will.....I ve doné and said worse sheet to her. She always make me realise she'll stay with me no matter what.. Such loyalty is essential. This guy might just be finding it hard to man up. ( It's harder in this Buhari era tho undecided )

6. As a guy, I'll advise you to talk with him... Let him be able to drop his ego and discuss his fears and problems ( you can only do this in total submission and sincerity of heart). Communication is key... It's your only lifesaver.

7. Lastly, quit making this issue open to discuss with anyone else other than your immediate family because after the rain, comes sunshine (good) and yes mud (bad)

8. I wish you the best.

7 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Babaalawoifa: 4:54am On Oct 26, 2016
This is a movie narration. Anyway this kind of marriage alwais lead to brutality.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Laple0541(m): 5:03am On Oct 26, 2016
I really pity your situation but the deed had been done, you just got to move on with life...Pls. never try to abort the baby cos you never can tell the number of children you are destined to bear, just be yourself and start looking up to God not him any longer...Not that he didn't love you (so far you said he got jealous when you ignored him for some male colleagues in your office back then), it's just that he loves the other lady more.. He will surely come to his senses when he sees you don't overboarder yourself any longer because of him. God will help u.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Flye: 5:10am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:
I will try my best not be biased about our story and if you have any questions to ask please do.

I met him last year December precisely and we both work in the same office, we became best of friends but he was in a relationship (distant) and I was single.
We were really close because we both were new in town with no family around and then I fell in love with him and opened up about my feelings to him but he said he was in a relationship.

I was hurt but I held my head up and moved on. I started mingling with other male colleagues and then he became jealous and so I confronted him about it (still loved him) and u also told him to choose between us and he said he wants me. His decision was based on the fact that the other lady was far away, he thought she was promiscuous and she is an OND holder etc (I got to find out about this later).

We moved in together because of financial stress and talked about getting married next year... Late June this year I found out he had not broken up with the other lady, confronted him about it and he settled the issue.

I got pregnant July and he asked for an abortion, I insisted on keeping the baby with or without marriage.. He finally accepted to marry me and proceeded to tell my parents(he later said I forced him to that). He accused me of so many things and called me different names.

He traveled to his hometown and informed his parents about it all and met with the lady. On his return, he said the lady gives him peace and if I lose this pregnancy he will go back with her and that he loves her but he is just getting married to me because he respects my family and do not want to bring shame to me at work.

I cried, prayed and endured it all. Two weeks ago his family came for the introduction and the wedding has been fixed for December but I'm not happy.

I'm a shadow of myself, he feels disgusted by my presence and I can't say anything without him getting angry. I used to nag and quarrel a lot but I've stopped, even when I'm angry I just walk away.

He does not care about me and this pregnancy and if I tell him I'm sick or tired or anything, he will just say that I'm not the first to get pregnant and that it's when I push the baby he will take responsibility.

I have tried my best and I'm confused, last night I called him peacefully to ask him what I'm doing wrong but he said I'm disturbing him. I used to call his parents and my parents to intervene but he said I should stop that and I have stopped.

Please what can I do to save our relationship, it's not easy for me . this is not the man I fell in love with help me and please I need your advice because I am ready to do anything.

I want my child to have a normal family.

Pls u don't make mistake of puting the marriage on hold, what happens to both of u is just normal marriage jittery and this comes in many form, Your situation is peculiar because u are pregnant for him and u think toward that direction.
I'm very sure u will overcome it soon.

Pls stop taking many Nairaland advices seriously, many people here are either kids, sadist or too gender bias. They will give u advice they can't yield to if they are in the same situation.

Pls and Pls listen to your mother.

3 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by isnovic(m): 5:19am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:
Thank you everybody for your sincere opinion. I believe I will move on with my child alone.

Please how do I overcome the shame at work because I can't quit now, I need the money.

My dear, you will find that time heals everything.

You will be respected by even your enemies and your backbiters.

You will come to be loved more by the guy for the courage to hold off the wedding or outrightly call it off.

Like most me, they want what seems difficult to have.

It is that simple.

Be strong, do the right thing and who knows He will come to love and respect you for it.

The chances are you will get your love on equal terms.

Start with your parents and tell them. Secondly call his parents and tell them.
The rest do no matter. Be happy and expect your baby.

God help you.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Eaugusta(f): 5:20am On Oct 26, 2016
I see a lot of nairalanders making sense here, a lot of good advices has been given n I stand with the ones that advice u to focus on ur unborn child and let go of the weeding at least for now. Shits happen and no human being is perfect, u really need to be courageous and wise now, let ur happinex be ur concern and forget abt what pple will say because it really does not count. Above all, fix ur gaze on God, trust him for a better tomorrow. Wish u good luck
Re: A Frustrated Woman by papauju(m): 5:23am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:

but you should have thought of that befor geting pregnant and deciding to keep it, you will countinue to live with that, you have just change the man plan in life and don't expect him to be happy with you again, my opinion
Re: A Frustrated Woman by saintdennis(m): 5:27am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:

I did not ask him out and I did not try to make him jealous, I decided to make other friends so I will not be attached to him so much.

We moved in together because he did not have money for his rent.

Don't for a second think about cancelling the wedding...let that be the man's decision

Are u you a learner? Free punny or not he knew what he was risking when he decided to enjoy the sweet sensation of erupting inside a woman. He isn't. Under 25 is he?

Go and get a good lawyer to prepare a well written/worded contract where he would relinquish custody of the baby to you if he is uninterested in marriage whilst contributing a yet to be agreed sum as child support.

Armed with this contract, call him when he's home preferably on a weekend & don't go into long story tell him u love him & his unhappiness is your unhappiness, you never thought u would one day be his reason for being angry/unhappy.

Tell him to postpone the wedding till after you deliver the child, tell him when he sees the life you both created (his child) if he can't rediscover his joy n happiness then you'll happily be the single mom then give him the contract to sign. And state you will never be married out of pity.

Tell him it's. A total package you & the baby or nothing, admit u could both have taken more precautions during sex but the life growing inside you shouldn't be tagged. A mistake...it will be unfair

U can discuss this with ur fam first & get their opinion but to me I say speak ur mind & let him make his decision... don't give him the moral right to claim it was you who cancelled the wedding
Re: A Frustrated Woman by nnamdiosu(m): 5:30am On Oct 26, 2016
Dyt:

Everyone is with a past
It will pass by
They will only murmur it for some days

It's not easy but trust me you can try
You will actually end up being the best person ever you wanna be

Btw
Where's your location?

Feel in love with ur advice. Its actually an advice for everyone going thru issues too. It will pass.....
Op...people have survived worse things. This us a baby compared to theirs. Haven't u heard about some peoples nude pics going viral...yet the held their head up (though it wasn't easy) and survived. Trust me like dyt said....it will pass. Juan don't gonahead with the marriage. That will pass too. We praying for u hon.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 26, 2016
author=Maaamaaa post=50488400

Is he Yoruba?
Re: A Frustrated Woman by ogele: 5:50am On Oct 26, 2016
U where quite aware he has a girl he want to marry before u threw in d towel in despiration. Meanwhile as long as u snatched a man that belong to another lady, u will never know peace. U will live with regret all ur life. I advise u give birth to baby n thereafter u commit suicide by shoting urself on the head to pave way for the real woman to come in. That the only way u can correct what is happening to u. Then as for the other lady, when he finally marry the real lady, allow them enjoy their marriage, but make sure you kill her on the day that will mark ur one year anversary in death. That the only way to balance the equation. The gods has spoken.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Lessons From My Marriage / This Is How You Sleep When You Have No Bills To Pay [PHOTOS] / What Do Some Men Gain From Sleeping With Other Men's Wives???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.