Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,395 members, 7,947,661 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:17 AM

Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets (4006 Views)

Why My Engagement Lasted Three Years –mimi Oriente. Picture. / My Engagement Ring To Marieolae / I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Radiant(f): 3:06am On Oct 29, 2009
How dumb can you be? Sorry I won't applaud you for "doing the right thing" instead I'll smack your 'smartness' for geting engaged to someone you felt  zilch for!
You've known him for over 3 years, didn't find him appealing all this time, then you agreed to date him. On what grounds? cheesy Okay, you still didn't develop feelings or whatever for this dude and yet you accepted his ring just after 2 months? How old are you?  embarassed

At first you sounded like you broke a 5 year engagement. Please grow up!
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by demystify(f): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2009
aisha2:

Dont worry dear, it will all pass. Yeh maybe i got your dad or u got mine? Daddy is gonna be facing panel when i see him.
I salute you. After some time, if you dont get married some people will start saying why did you not marry that guy after all, but dont let it get to you, you did the right thing
That aint gonna get to me sis. . . I was brought up to be strong, principled and decisive.
You know we all make mistakes sometimes. . . but they are meant to sharpen us for things ahead. Nothing is going to make me regret what i did. . . am very much relieved.

You're sweet.
muchas gracias.
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Enoyoh: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2009
You did the right thing, but you shouldnt have collected the ring in the first place since you didnt feel anything for him.
Whatever it is i cant blame you for taking that decision but here is a summary of an old Chinese movie:

A certain guy was asking a girl out and she told him no from the very first day.
This guy kept talking to her with the hope that one day she will accept him
and this went on for a very long time; one day this girl told the guy that she
does not have any emotional feelings for him not to talk of love thinking that
this will put him off.
This guy, with excitement told her that the love he has for her is enough cover for the two of them,
and she need not love him to be his friend,

I understand what it is like when you are with someone you dont have any feelings for
I wish you all the best in life.
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by PHILEOLOVE(m): 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2009
YOU DID THE RIGHT THING OR ELSE, U 'LL BE FRUSTRATED & MAY CHEAT WHEN U FIND SB THAT FLOWS AT UR LEVEL
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Youngpo413: 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
whitelexi:

My thoughts exactly. . . Remember what they say about sticking with someone who loves u, or falling for someone who doesn't give a F.ck?

Tomorrow, the story will change to, "We love ourselves very much but he has been cheating since we had our first baby" grin grin grin
lol
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Youngpo413: 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
facibabe:
some times what you want might not be what God want for you. it is good to marriage a guy that loves you rather than the guy that doesn't love you in which you love him. why is it that people that are fat pray to be slim while people that are slim pray to be fat. only God knows best but i will like you to also pray about it. there is a yoruba proverb which says"don't use your husband as a boyfriend and don't use your boyfriend as a husband. i hope you don't regret it because before you make any decision, you need to pray about it.
she has regretted already,thats why she created this thread.
She also don chop the man money finish...
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Youngpo413: 10:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
spikedcylinder:
How many people love the persons they are married to anyway?
hehehehehe...are you married?
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
You did the right thing dear,remember a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can one still find a wife material Back home?Are there still decent girls? / Can You Cry In Front Of Your Girlfriend Or Wife? / Madness***lady Flaunts Massive Boobs In Public (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.