Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,929 members, 7,872,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri (63164 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Governor Wike In Rivers State(Photos) / Buhari's 75th Birthday: Maryam Abacha And Fati Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock / Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Mamman Vatsa In Secondary School Bida.Throwback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by AlphaCentauri: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2016
DaPuncline:

I've earlier mentioned Thomas Aguiyi Ironsi though he was prematurely booted out.
which is why i said has there been any that did a complete 4 years as a REAL PRESIDENT not CEREMONIAL ?
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by kuluzzzy(f): 9:13am On Nov 03, 2016
ImoRiver:
Abdulsalami is Nupe. An Hausa will not rule Nigeria as they joined Fulani to form a new Hausa/Fulani merger ethnicity in order to be majority. Of course the price they have to pay is Fulani taking their turn.
oga Abdulsalam no be Nupe oooo. he is a Fulani man claiming Gwari
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Suljosh: 9:16am On Nov 03, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
when FFK said that this guy new love for North will make him a stupid person oneday. He should just leave the north alone..

Yakubu Gowon was not a fulani but he championed the majority fulani Born to rule mentality when he denied the country from practicing Confederation that would have indirectly benefited his region but Reno failed to analyze a common Northern mentality. u come to see that whether fulani,hausa or whatever...christian or moslem they think alike.
That's why your life is so fuckedUp. Because of your mentality, thinking northerners think alike.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Tony8819(m): 9:17am On Nov 03, 2016
kingphilip:
Well my take is wherever they are from shouldn't be my business but good governance

Minority or majority shouldn't determine our line of reasoning or assessment but how well they govern the country

I wish Nigeria will be great
abi ooo well said.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by DaPuncline: 9:22am On Nov 03, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
which is why i said has there been any that did a complete 4 years as a REAL PRESIDENT not CEREMONIAL ?
There is None.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 9:23am On Nov 03, 2016
Presidiotbuhari:
embarassed
Abboki na abboki, wether from kogi, benue, jos, sambisa, kwara, kano or kafanchan all na thesame.... Smh

Foolishness of the highest order

So can we say that all Southernerns (ritualists and baby factory products) are all the same? whether from Oshogbo, Ibadan, Okija, Onitsha, Warri, Edo or Calabar
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by AlphaCentauri: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2016
DaPuncline:

There is None.
Mayne i see why alaigbo wants biafra. makes sense now. never had a full term president in nigeria ? wow. yall are being maligned. then again they do say nigeria has over 200 ethnic groups so there are many ethnic groups who have not produced full term presidents
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2016
namuguibe:
They all fall under the umbrella of Hausa and the other commonality they have is that they have looted this country!

So all Southernerns (Igbo, Calabar, Edo, Ijaw, Urhobo and Yoruba) fall under the same Umbrella too. Full stop.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by jimi4us: 9:34am On Nov 03, 2016
Chimarto:
Noted. TINUBU how market?

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by DrayZee: 9:36am On Nov 03, 2016
arewafederation:

The South more diverse than the North?

My guy, you need to go learn more about your country.

I see some people lumping the middlebelt with the North today... Tomorrow they 'll tell you a different story only when it suits them.
The North could all come together and vote Buhari.
The South could not do the same for Jonathan... That's where the division lies...

3 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by DaPuncline: 9:36am On Nov 03, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
Mayne i see why alaigbo wants biafra. makes sense now. never had a full term president in nigeria ? wow. yall are being maligned. then again they do say nigeria has over 200 ethnic groups so there are many ethnic groups who have not produced full term presidents
So now that buhari is the president you suddenly remember no igbo man ever occupied No 1 position for 4 years ? Why not Vote for Ojukwu in 2003 when he contested ? Still remember how your elders barred any igbo candidate from contesting last year because of GEJ. You remember Daniel Kanu an igbo man that organised one million match for abacha was was graced by the likes of chukwumerije, onwenu etc. Alaigbo can go ahead with their biafra. I even heard supporting the shittes and donald trump is the latest mantra. Welldone.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2016
9jatatafo:
what's the difference between Hausa and Fulani or gwari? they all speak same language

God forbid bad thing. Some Nigerians are really very ignorant.
Gwari language is as different from Hausa as French is different from Chinese.
Gwari is a Nupoid language under the Niger-congo family of languages. Hausa on the other hand is under the Chadic language subfamily of the Afro-asiatic family of languages. Fulani is a sene-gambian language. Kanuri is a Nilo-saharan language.

The only thing is that some of these other northern tribes understand hausa to an extent and use it as a lingua franca.

If not Gwari, Nupe and most other middlebelt languages are closer to Igbo and Yoruba than they are closer to Hausa.

3 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ebereokey(m): 9:39am On Nov 03, 2016
Shout top........ What we learnt from our social studies that Nigeria is made up of three ethnic group via IBO,Hausa, and Yoruba. So if you check it we'll you will believe with me that Hausa had rule more than any other tribe

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by 9jatatafo(m): 9:40am On Nov 03, 2016
ianSweet:

God forbid bad thing. Some Nigerians are really very ignorant.
Gwari language is as different from Hausa as French is different from Chinese.
Gwari is a Nupoid language under the Niger-congo family of languages. Hausa on the other hand is under the Chadic language subfamily of the Afro-asiatic family of languages. Fulani is a sene-gambian language. Kanuri is a Nilo-saharan language.

The only thing is that some of these other northern tribes understand hausa to an extent and use it as a lingua franca.

If not Gwari, Nupe and most other middlebelt languages are closer to Igbo and Yoruba than they are closer to Hausa.

they all hold on to power that is my point
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by chinolization: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2016
How does it change the fact that the first president of Nigeria was the Anambra born great Zik of Africa- Rt. Hon. Dr. Nnamdi Benjamin Azikiwe(GCFR).

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by 9jatatafo(m): 9:42am On Nov 03, 2016
Ishaq717:
**** u no do social studies or civic edu?....****
what I mean Is that they all hold on power
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 9:43am On Nov 03, 2016
DrayZee:

The North could all come together and vote Buhari.
The South could not do the same for Jonathan... That's where the division lies...

You are wrong! In 2011, 7 northern states (middlebelt especially) rejected Buhari and voted GEJ, with states like Plateau and Kaduna giving GEJ over 1 million votes each, more than even many southern states gave GEJ.

Some of u just dont know anything about the demographics of Nigeria.
Middlebelt is the weak point of Northern unity just as Yorubas are the weak point of southern unity.

Even in 2015, Buhari still lost in Plateau, Nasarawa, Taraba and FCT (middlebelt).

4 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by 9jatatafo(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2016
Gaxx01:

And what language is that? Do Ogoni, Ekwere and igbo people speak the same language?? #ignorance
no ignorance here. what is mean Is that they all hold on to power
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by 9jatatafo(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2016
codemaniacs:

That's the point.

Naturalise into the Hausa tribe and try to hold political office in "Nigeria". People from chad,niger,cameroon, mali e.t.c can claim to be Nigerians easily.

you are in the spirit

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by zabadii(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2016
Chimarto:
Noted. TINUBU how market?
the only Man you and yours love to suck always

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by DrayZee: 9:48am On Nov 03, 2016
ianSweet:

You are wrong! In 2011, 7 northern states (middlebelt especially) rejected Buhari and voted GEJ, with states like Plateau and Kaduna giving GEJ over 1 million votes each, more than even many southern states gave GEJ.

Some of u just dont know anything about the demographics of Nigeria.
Middlebelt is the weak point of Northern unity just as Yorubas are the weak point of southern unity.

Even in 2015, Buhari still lost in Plateau, Nasarawa, Taraba and FCT (middlebelt).
It's okay.... As far as I'm concerned, Middlebelt and the North are different.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 9:48am On Nov 03, 2016
aisammy4:

Yeh, Gere is in Kaduna
There are Gere and Gera tribes people in Bauchi state too. Also called Gerawa
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 9:49am On Nov 03, 2016
Unimaginable123:
wushishi people are not nupes

There are Nupe people in Wushishi too. There are also Hausa settlers and Gbabgyi (gwari) too.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by discman2k2(m): 9:52am On Nov 03, 2016
One thing that os obvious if u ever stay & observe the northerners is that they an almost a spritual love & bond for themselves. This is y they're excellent Politicians, not because of their intellectual abilities but because they have Unity for themselves. No OTHER PART OF NIGERIA HAS THIS BOND/UNITY, and that is y they fail woefully in Politics and are always USED by the Wise north.
Because of this i wonder y my Igno brothers NEVER LEARN FROM THEIR PAST MISTAKES & CORRECT THEIR POLITICAL MISTAKES :DISUNITY /LACK OF ONE VOICE.
i've always thinking & looking for the best strategy to let my igbo brothers understand the need to RE-STRATEGISE & LAUNCH a totally INNOVATIVE & UNPRECEDENTED STRATEGY TO DOING POLITICS BY
1)being Political united with eachother
2) devising & placing thier major key Politicians in ALL POLITICAL PARTIES (as viable OPTIONS, even with each having an innate sense of solidarity to the Eastern Cause)
3) by launching a NON-IGBO AGENDA PARTIES (Tho strategically pro-igbo)
4) totally abandoning the Biafran Cause (to dissuade and evoke acceptance of the other integral regions ) so as to eliminate the hate against the Igbo race.
5) finally, to Vocal in all regions where they are found by contributing to the development of their host communities and States.

Kindly add to this voice if u beleive we can create a NEW BREED OF IGBO POLITICIANS WITH TRUE FAITH IN THE IGBO CREED "IGWE BU IKE ANYI!!"

Ndu'Igbo ba'nyi kwenu "IGWE BU IKE ANYI"
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 9:55am On Nov 03, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

Same thing I thought until I started touring Nigeria with Alhaji Danladi. Mehn, sooooooooo many tribes in the north. The only thing is that all of them understands and speak Hausa.

Pls correct yourself. A lot of the Kanuri and Bura people of Yobe and Borno state do not understand hausa (especially in the rural areas). Many Adamawa tribes too do not understand hausa as such.

Down in the middlebelt, Hausa is an alien language in Kogi and Benue. We dont understand it at all and have no business with it.
Many people from tribes from Kebbi, Niger, Plateau, Nasarawa, Taraba, Gombe do not understand Hausa as such, they only speak their native languages (especially in the rural areas).

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by Okeikpu(m): 9:56am On Nov 03, 2016
Oblang:

Why u no say southerner na southerner...
Because of Petrol n Gas naah wink
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2016
DrayZee:

It's okay.... As far as I'm concerned, Middlebelt and the North are different.

You dont need to tell me that. I am from Kogi state (full blown middlebelter). Most of our people do not even know what is called AREWA or where it is located. LoL.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by unite4real: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2016
yarimo:
Op ABDULLSALAM ABUBAKAR is not a hausa man as you claim, he is an indigene of CHANCHAGA local government of niger state . And they are GWARI by tribe

Early life and military career[edit]
Abdulsalami Alhaji Abubakar hails from the Hausa ethnic group and was born on 13 June 1942 in Minna, Niger State. He was educated at Native Authority Primary School in that city, the Provincial Secondary School in Bida, and finally the Technical Institute, Kaduna.[1] After this, he joined the military. Abubakar led Nigeria's contingent in the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon and eventually rose to the role of Chief of Defence Staff.[1] His wife's name is Fati and they have six children.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdulsalami_Abubakar
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2016
Unimaginable123:
you are talking of middle belt. I'm talking of core North. Go to sokoto, kano, katsina, even daura, they speak hausa in every family. U will never hear fulfude (which is fulani language) spoken anywhere

U are just damn wrong.

Fulfude (fulani) is spoken all over Yola (Adamawa) and Gombe by the fulanis there. I have met pure fulanis fro Adamawa who cannot speak hausa.

Many Kanuri people of Yobe and Borno states do not fucking understand a word of Hausa. They speak only Kanuri in their mosques and call for prayer in Kanuri language.
What about Kebbi state? Many of the Zuru people who occupy (Kebbi south) do not understand Hausa. Let's not even go to the numerous large tribes in Gombe and Adamawa like Tangale, Waja, Michika, Bachama e.t.c, many of them dont understand Hausa as such.

What u must know is that even in the core north, some people from the larger minority tribes there dont understand hausa as such especially in the rural areas, but in the urban areas, they try to learn and speak hausa as a means of trade.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by TalkingBird: 10:09am On Nov 03, 2016
themosthigh:
[size=18pt] RENO OMOKRI DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL, ABDULSALAM IS A NUPE MAN NOT HAUSA AND TAFEWA BELEWA WAS SAYEWA NOT GERE.
[/size]

issues with history and lack of it.
Hausa
Gere
etc.

we need history.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by ianSweet(f): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2016
DeRay98:
Let me also correct the notion that Murtala Mohamed was from Kano state, that's he claimed because he grew up there. He is originally from Edo state, somewhere in Edo North (i don't know his village) just like Ahmed Musa of Super Eagles also claims Kano state.

Murtala's mother is the one from Edo (Auchi). His father is believed to be a migrant from Plateau (berom by tribe) who settled in Kano, d reason he claims Kano.

Ahmed Musa claims to be from Plateau state (Jos) because that was where he was born and bred, not Kano. His father is originally from Maiduguri, his mother is the one from Afuze, Edo state.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Is The Only Hausa Leader Nigeria Ever Had - Reno Omokri by PAQ(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2016
koladebrainiac:
Abdulsalam is a gwari from Niger state.
Jonathan never wanted to be president or vice president just like Yaradua.
GEJ too is an accidental president.

Goodluck had many accidents. We was also an accident governer! Probably was accidentally born..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) / Video Of President Tinubu Heading To The Office Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.