Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:00 PM

What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? (24519 Views)

Get Over 50k Views On Your Page Or Product / What Are Your Views On This Pls / Homosexuality In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by dakkylove(f): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2009
this is a topic that has bothered me for quite some time, i have always tried to keep an open mind on my views in Life,but there are some issues that you cannot just be tolerating of,it's either you are for or against it.
homosexuality for me is in black and white ,there is no middle ground for me it is a Sin, against God and against nature but at the end of the day we are all sinners.
i don't think it is right to disriminate against anybody because of their sexual orientation or religion, and i have met some open homosexuals who do not feel there is anything wrong with them and they are entitled to love whomsoever they want to.

what are your views on homosexuality? can you be friends with an open homosexual? can you have your kids,siblings and friends around them.
do you even consider it a sin to mix with this homosexuals ,africans have strong views on homosexuality but at the rate the Western world is becoming accepting of this gays ,have your views been diluted?

personally my views on Homosexuality are still the same,i still consider them to be living in sin. but i do not consider it to be a taboo to talk with them or even be friends with them. but when i have kids i'm not sure if my position will remain the same. what is yours pls share.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by papabaks(m): 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2009
they are demons :-x
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by dakkylove(f): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2009
haba isn't that a bit extreme, they are human beings like you and I? just that they have been influenced by who knows what,
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by nedu2000(m): 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2009
I agree wit Papabaks,i don't think there is any other living tin dat practices homo,male dogs & female dogs,bulls & cows,cocks & hens even male & female. mosquitoes,d act of homosexuality is completely unnatural.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by MuNeme(m): 8:01am On Oct 30, 2009
Homosexuality, fornication  and adultery are all immoral acts.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Ptersyn(m): 9:55am On Oct 30, 2009
It causes God to regret why He made man. Homosexuality, unlike fornication and adultery, marks a regression towards animality.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by dakkylove(f): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2009
i agree that homosexuality is unnatural but what of the people that commit this acts how do you look at them,
do you consider talking to them a taboo that's what i am after here not the act itself.

Obama's open support for this homosexuals what does it foretell for America and Liberalism on the whole.
are supporters of homosexuality equally comitting this sin as well.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2009
I dont see anything wrong with homosextality. It's a choice that people make. (I still dont know if it's a choice of if they are born that way dou). As far as it's b/w two consensual adult, I dont see what the big deal is! undecided
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2009
bisexual ladies are OK
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by spikedcylinder: 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2009
Last time I said I had no problems with homosexuals, I almost got into trouble.

I'm remaining mum on this one.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by DatNiggaAk(m): 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2009
IF HOMOSEXUALITY IS OKAY, then beastiality and pedophilia are both okay.
afterall they are all deviant sexual behavior.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by bjmighty(m): 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2009
Female Plus Female is SEXY but Male (bone) Plus Male (Bone) OMG! Disgusting!!!
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by sandee575(f): 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2009
View?        ZERO TOLERANCE
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by tboy1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2009
MrPrsdent:

bisexual ladies are OK
I'm sure they are tongue tongue tongue

@ Post
I have no probs with them - they do their stuff, i do mine  cool
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by RiffRaff: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2009
For me, the question remain. How do people turn Gay? can a man be born gay? could it be a defect of Nature?

i think people should have a right to their sexuality. be it bi sexual, straight or gay.

as for having them as a friend? i have 2 gay friends, really nice people. but as for having my kids around them? i really would be bothered if i am not there with my kid around them. as musch as i try to be neutral about being gay, i wouldnt want a gay offspring but if i do. what can i do.

i am a strong advocate for co education, cuz in Nigeria, most gays get initiated from only boys or only girls school.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by sweetpie23: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2009
I think it is dirty angry
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by cvibe: 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2009
Disgusting! Especially when i saw two guys kissing each other in broad daylight when i was in Newcastle.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by amram(m): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2009
It is an abomination to God. It is sin,
and stench in the nose of God. though
God frowns at every immoral and sinful
act but deviation from natural act is
mockery to God.

Hence I have zero tolerance for them and flee
from them because evil  communication corrupt
good manners. Yorubas will say "Aguntan ti o
ba ba aja rin a je igbe.
" Which means  the
sheep that keeps dog's company will eat shit.

If you feel at ease in company of gay, if you are not
careful shortly you won't see anything wrong in the
act. God help you if you don't turn out to be a gay as
time goes on. Be sure the wrath of God is on them.

No one is born a gay or lesbian it is purely
environmental influence and personal choice.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by MUZBO(m): 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2009
How I wish no one will come here and quote verses, instead we should focus on personal convictions possibly science.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by justright1: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2009
There are Lot of them in Nigeria, good looking young guys with a strong christian back ground. At times i wonder what went wrong.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by sylve11: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2009
@poster,
i don't want to see them with eyes, talk more or less of doing things with them ( No discrimination o, just that their site irritates me) embarassed cool
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Kutey: 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2009
"It causes God to regret why He made man. Homosexuality, unlike fornication and adultery, marks a regression towards animality."

And who decided that? You? Or now you can read God's mind and bible updates?

It's we humans that define levels of sin. God doesn't. Sin is sin. Most of the people here condemning right and left, sleep around and do other things the bible says we shouldn't.
He who is without sin,
As Christians we are not allowed to jugde. End of.
Being gay is not some kind of disease that you catch by being friends or colleagues.
I personally have friends that are and they are not attracted to women, at all. They can see you naked and nothing. I am a born again christian and I do read my bible and study it and all I know is that the same God that created them knows what to do. I am no one to sit on a high chair to judge another human.

With our mouth we are justified and with the same mouth we are condemned. Let's be careful and ask yourself? Would Jesus lynch a man because he is gay? Please,
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by chosen04(f): 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2009
MUZBO:

How I wish no one will come here and quote verses, instead we should focus on personal convictions possibly science.

MUZBO,

So whats wrong if one should quote verses to prove/support his/her point for or against the topic? focusing  on one's personal convictions is against balanced views of looking at serious issue(s) like this topic
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by beebop(f): 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2009
Oh please, they are like you and me. Every single gay person I know (many!) has told me that they'd rather be straight as the crap they keep getting from close-minded people like half of Nairaland is exhausting and depressing. But they cannot (and will not) live a lie. And please don't say it's a Western thing. Gay people have been in Naija since Roman times.

In life, I've known what it's like to be treated like a second-class person due to your gender and race. I'm not even close to perfect but I try everyday to not pass judgment on people for their lifestyle as long as they do not harm anyone. Please don't equate homosexuality to pedophilia. It's not the same thing. I've seen and met people who're still messed up from the harm done to them in their childhood. Oh and if I have a child that turns out to be gay, I'll accept him/her with all my heart. And my gay friends will be welcome in my life regardless.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Witi(m): 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2009
Disgusting, Evil, I wonder what can be attractive in my fellow muscled, deep voice, hairy, proud, ugly, unattractive fellow man, how can somebody in his senses prefer the company of man to a woman (softness, attraction-: curves, p***y, b**bs, innocence-: in some cases, emotions, and all the pleasure derived from a woman) shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Epiphany(m): 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2009
I HATE HOMOSEXUALITY. I THINK IT IS ABNORMAL. For those who think there is nothing wrong with it, a previous poster has made a good point: If we think there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, then we should also think there is nothing wrong with paedophilia and/or bestiality/zooerastia

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by agathamari(f): 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2009
I don’t understand what business it is of anyone of who loves who.  You’d you be up in arms if someone said interracial marriages were evil but yet it is ok to say homosexuality is evil.  For all those who love to quote the bible saying since they broke the word of god they will burn in hell I guess 80% of you will also for premarital sex is a sin as is punishing someone for their actions who don’t affect you.  Dint God say it was his job only to judge?  For the ones who claim homosexuality is not natural or is the evils of man I suggest you do your research.  Over 1500 separate species of animals/birds/insects/fish practice homosexuality including but not limited to…, black swans, gulls, flamingos, parrots, mallards, penguins, guianan cock of the rock, vultures, most dolphins including the amazon dolphins and bottlenose dolphins, bison, most great apes including bonobos, baboons and dwarf chimpanzees, elephants, giraffes, kob antelope, walrus, grey whales, killer whales, hamsters, macaques, lions, polecats, sheep, koalas, spotted hyena, cattle, dragonflies, fruit flies, and the teiidae genus of lizards including the whiptail lizard, garter snakes, crabs, ground worms, beetles and honey bees.  They aren’t causing you any physical harm if you’re one of these biblical types they won’t send you to hell so how is it any of your business?
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by petres007(m): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2009
DatNiggaAk:

IF HOMOSEXUALITY IS OKAY, then beastiality and pedophilia are both okay.
afterall they are all deviant sexual behavior.

GBAM!!!  grin

I love NL! I knew I'd find someone who'll say exactly what I wanted to say!  cheesy

And to add to that, I think its worthy of note that God never destroyed a set of people (something he normally would wait till judgement day to do) for lying or stealing,  but he did do it once because of homosexuality,  using them as an example to everyone else. And to think that he even showed up there to see things for himself [maybe he couldn't believe his eyes from way up there],    grin grin grin

Homosexuality is a sin an abomination in God's eyes. Thats clear from the bible!
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 30, 2009
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2009
I know  some guys who are homosexuals,it could be that clean looking guy,or that fashionably dressed young man
Not all of them mince or prance when they work.

if our society would be a little less judgmental,then we wont have homos marrying women and locked up in sham marriages all over the place
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by r231(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with homosexuality as long as they don't bother me everything is ok. The thing I really find gross and sickening are the transvestites, the guys that look like girls and have operations and stuff.
Re: What Are Your Views On Homosexuality? by petres007(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2009
J.Kramer:

Normally,i am indifferent to issues like this and always keep an open mind on them.But why should i when its been stated in the Bible that God hates it.

So for one thing "I am against homosexuality"

But to y'all that are really against and show bitter repulsiveness to it, i hope it is in the same vein you regard FORNICATION,ADULTERY and LESBIANISM.
Because to be frank, In the world of sin,there is no kilogram/cm. As they say "sin is sin". So as Homosexuality irritates you,so should the aformentioned vices be too.

JUST BEING FRANK

My guy, I can tell you dat "sin is not sin". At lest not in the bible. Not in Christianity. A good study of the bible should clear this up.

Homosexuality, egotism and greed are some of the "sins" I know to be very grievous (biblically speaking).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Men Ignore Ladies When Shaking Hands - Why? / Questions For Rhodalyn / U.N Suspends Food Distribution As IDPs Attack Them For Giving Them Small Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.