Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,433 members, 7,937,325 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework (30754 Views)

Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn / Akintunde Akinwande Rejects Buhari's NERC Chairman Appointment / Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by ArabMopol(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
you can't have semi illiterate as a President and expect him to performs like Harvard graduate... have we seen the reason presidential debates are necessary, United state whom we borrowed their system of government will never joke with presidential debates, buhari don't have blueprints and manifestos on how he planned to run Nigeria, buhari has
nothing to offer Nigerians.... his economic teams are novice, amateurs are running the affairs of Nigeria... Jonathan will remain the best President Nigeria ever had, he parade the best technocrats Nigeria ever witness, Nigeria is in
shambles today is due
to northern control and
monopoly of Nigeria ’s
leadership. PMB is still apportioning blames
rather than proffering solutions.
Rather than shop for those that
will help him fix the nation’s
bleeding economy,
Buhari is busy globetrotting;
spending the little resources that
Nigeria is left with abroad and
returning back home with little or
no results for his missions
abroad.... Buhari forget pride and egoism, invite capable hands that will rescue Nigeria from this man made economic blunders,

7 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
three:
Nigeria is set to cycle through these 'accidental leaders' for a long time to come!

Why?! The current political structure guarantees it!

How do the masses influence who political parties select to run for public office? At the primaries?!!

Neither Jonathan or Buhari were viable candidates in 2015, unfortunately we will continue having more 'Jonathans' and 'Buharis' running Nigeria.

Kakistocracy?!! Most definitely

There's only so much abuse a Nation can take leadership wise.....
radically blunt!
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by ngolokante(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2016
Nigerians... Very funny people. With one side of the mouth we say the President doesn't have an economic blueprint, with the other side of the mouth we come out to say no je has, it's empty...
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Excuzeme: 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
Siberia101:
Empty Upstairs ===== Empty Proposals cry

The Law Maxim says "Nemo Dat Quod Non Habet" means "You Cannot Give What You Don't Have"

Senator Samuel Anyanwu cool

Strange that you have to quote Jonathan, of all people! shocked shocked
Get over Jonathan, Buhari is the President since 2015.

Like Prof Wole Soyinka said
:

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Decibel: 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
A welcome development. More of this is expected in the coming days. The herdsman in Aso Rock should be schooled on how democracy works.
Kudos to the corrupt Senate cool

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2016
They say the aides are incompetent, there is a lot of truth in that but if senate had properly grilled the aides during screening, they would have been able to weed out the incompetent but instead they resorted to bow and go. Truth is senate themselves are the real incompetents for allowing incompetents to pass screening!!!

5 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by omolumba(m): 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
Agbaletu:
Se Na like this we go dey till 2019 election?
Nothing seems working in this administration.
I wish year 2017 and 2018 can be skipped to enable us get to 2019 and vote out this clueless and heinous government.
No sound economic team.

plz abeg go sitdown for corner President buhari go still win the 2019 election , believe me
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by basybasy: 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
Buhari,why are u punishing us like this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Saintp(m): 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
NDprudent:

Ure very corrrect... we had no credible candidate for the 2015 presidential election...I didn't even bother myself to get a voters card, not to talk of voting.

I remember creating a thread with the title " No credible candidate for 2015 presidential election", and then some Internet warriors and political fanatics came for my head

Bros Na sooo. One of the best decisions I made in 2015 was not wasting my time to get a voters card otherwise I don't know how I would have felt now. The whole thing was not worth it.
The problem is by 2019, we will still be faced with stupid choices. Anyway, I don't even need to get a voters card not to talk of voting sef.
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Henrichemeka(m): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
This is indeed change. Apc still see themselves as opposition. From missing budget to budget padding now is empty budget, soon the FCT will start missing also.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Lilimax(f): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
Miles300:
Lol, u now understand why he speaks of corruption all the time, and avoid issues concerning the economy , he talks of corruption all the time to make him look like there is sometin his doin and his using it to blind us to his economy baloney ... Oh NIgeria !!
You got it! All these I will pight kwaraption is just a way of distracting Nigerians from the main thing which is his blue print on how to revamp the economy embarassed

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by tivta(m): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
If the Senate is really serious they should pass a vote of no confidence on the government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
This is what brown roof republic gave to zoo Nigeria

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
Afonja and a Brain less zoo president

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Excuzeme: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
ArabMopol:
you can't have semi illiterate as a President and expect him to performs like Harvard graduate... have we seen the reason presidential debates are necessary, United state whom we borrowed their system of government will never joke with presidential debates, buhari don't have blueprints and manifestos on how he planned to run Nigeria, buhari has
nothing to offer Nigerians.... his economic teams are novice, amateurs are running the affairs of Nigeria... Jonathan will remain the best President Nigeria ever had, he parade the best technocrats Nigeria ever witness, Nigeria is in
shambles today is due
to northern control and
monopoly of Nigeria ’s
leadership. PMB is still apportioning blames
rather than proffering solutions.
Rather than shop for those that
will help him fix the nation’s
bleeding economy,
Buhari is busy globetrotting;
spending the little resources that
Nigeria is left with abroad and
returning back home with little or
no results for his missions
abroad.... Buhari forget pride and egoism, invite capable hands that will rescue Nigeria from this man made economic blunders,

As beautiful as your Epistle would have been, you did not remind us of what became our ECONOMY and TREASURY, when we had that dumbo, PhD Graduate Jonathan as the President, AT A TIME WHEN OIL PRICES WERE RECORD HIGH.....until Nigerians kicked him out with their PVC!

Hypocrites like you are all over the place "chasing Ring-Worm while allowing Leprosy to fester".
Even if Buhari was a professor and magician combined, the way Jonathan and his forty thieves looted the treasury, the falling price of crude oil combined with the criminal destruction of our oil facilities by your blodders means Buhari can only try his best, AS "YOU" LAY YOUR BED, SO YOU WILL LIE ON IT.

OBJ was not a graduate President but he did for Nigeria, hundred times more, what Jonathan could not dream-of.

Please face reality or keep #wailing till 2023. All these 5% ranting will not win election for the 5%! Not in the past, not in the future
grin grin
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
Thisis2raw:
Alot scares me about Nigeria right now.
Is David Mark still in Senate
that is a godfather

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by justy15: 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
starting the 2017 budget consideration with blame game again when the controversy that trailed 2016 own is still very fresh in the memory of Nigerians. for once , let this government due the right thing rather than looking for who to blame for their incompetence. useless government manned by clueless folks
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
Are his aids dullards too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by saintmark88(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2016
There is something fishy, thts not right, isn't it d same civil servants n d ministry responsible for preparing these documents that have been preparing it over the years.... I know tht civil servants stay n office for 35yrz, how come all of a sudden they dnt know what to do anymore..... Surprised pple have brains buh cnt tink.... There is obviously a conspiracy
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by obailala(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
lafuria1:
I miss the old nairaland where people discuss substance , we will be debating about the content of the expenditure framework to know if what the Senate did made sense or not, why did they reject, what are the issues with it, fact against fact not just politics of yea and nay.

Perhaps the Senate feel its their time to get back at the executive, we the masses are the ones that will suffer, both arms of government will enjoy and we will end up shouting and prolonged blame game.
I hear even Glo now sells several gigs of data for a measly N500. That explains why you can no longer expect the Nairaland of old.
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
PatrickAnyanwu:
Are his aids dullards too?
..dullard runs in apc blood
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by mikolo80: 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
three:
Nigeria is set to cycle through these 'accidental leaders' for a long time to come!
[b]
Maybe

Why?! The current political structure guarantees it!

Nope

How do the masses influence who political parties select to run for public office? At the primaries?!!

By participating in the political process instead of whining and moaning like mojo actors

Neither Jonathan or Buhari were viable candidates in 2015, unfortunately we will continue having more 'Jonathans' and 'Buharis' running Nigeria.

Yes they were
So says or constitution

Kakistocracy?!! Most definitely

Yousef go wear khaki if e easy

There's only so much abuse a Nation can take leadership wise.....[/b]
hian, nails ran set new world unbreakable record
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by mikolo80: 7:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
emmasege:
What really baffles me about Nigeria and Nigerians' reaction to the current FG executive arm's ineptitude and cluelessness is the fact everyone blames every member of the federal executive save Buhari.

Can you imagine our so called senators also not calling a spade a spade? Why blame the poor ministers for their oga's illiteracy and lack of leadership acumen? Who wrote the NASS? Should he not be held responsible for such height of ineptitude? That was how he in his characteristic manner shiftted the blame of his own criminal offence of plagiarism to his speech writers the last time?

A poor, illiterate and clueless leader can only attract/ listen to his type, hence the poor output the nation currently receives. Am sure the few manageable ones among his ministers (e.g. Fash) are just marking their time with little or no impact, since oga's ears are deaf to voice of reasoning.

And I don't blame Buhari and his below average team, I only blame the current generation of youth who would rather engage in internet media wars in defence of politicians whose views and ideas are too primitive for their own (youth) generation and successive generations.

Abeg, who invoked this curse of a president over Nigeria?

so you prefer Jonathan Abi?
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
And another drama begins...
2016 budget: Didn't show up on time. When it finally did, it went missing. When it was finally found, it was incorrect. When it was finally corrected, it was "padded". When it was finally "depadded", there's no longer money for it's implemented and then...
They wanted to borrow: the document for loan request sent to the Senate for consideration and approval lacked the "clarifications". It was thrown out.
Now the 2017 - 2019 MTEF/FSP that is the mother of the 2017 budget just turned up "empty". What a way to deliver CHANGE to the people.
...and to remember that it took the sheriff nearly a year to assemble this team of EXPERTS AND TECHNOCRATS is the the most pitiful

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
mikolo80:
so you prefer Jonathan Abi?
Say the truth and shame the devil. Who do you prefer? Just say the truth eh... I'll put you in ghost mode so that other zombies won't see your post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by ArabMopol(m): 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
Excuzeme:

As beautiful as your Epistle would have been, you did not remind us of what became our ECONOMY and TREASURY, when we had that dumbo, PhD Graduate Jonathan as the President, AT A TIME WHEN OIL PRICES WERE RECORD HIGH.....until Nigerians kicked him out with their PVC!

Hypocrites like you are all over the place "chasing Ring-Worm while allowing Leprosy to fester".
Even if Buhari was a professor and magician combined, the way Jonathan and his forty thieves looted the treasury, the falling price of crude oil combined with the criminal destruction of our oil facilities by your blodders means Buhari can only try his best, AS "YOU" LAY YOUR BED, SO YOU WILL LIE ON IT.

OBJ was not a graduate President but he did for Nigeria, hundred times more, what Jonathan could not dream-of.

Please face reality or keep #wailing till 2023. All these 5% ranting will not win election for the 5%! Not in the past, not in the future
grin grin
yeah proudly 5% , do I need political power to succeed in life, we are umpire in commerce the only movable thing in Nigeria, buhari was busy
hobnobbing with international
financial institutions such as the
IMF and World Bank, which,
according to him, are the same
institutions promoting capitalism
in most parts of the world, Nigeria’s
governing class does not
understand the historical path of
the capitalism it is embracing; it is
a clear exercise in self-delusion. the current recession is
self-imposed, a situation that has
made the economy cash strapped. “The economy would continue to
bleed and our people would be
driven further into perpetual state
of need and slavery. manufacturing sector would
become moribund and small and
medium scale industries would
then fizzle out. The economy
would become uncontrollable
import-oriented and the magnitude
of descent into slavery would be
unimaginable. Buhari lacks what is takes to move this country forward, the Senates will keep rejecting his empty and bogus request ,the day we STOP voting on ethnic and religious lines will be the day we will get it right in this con3, thank God I reject this scam from the onset

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by prince985(m): 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
Agbaletu:
Se Na like this we go dey till 2019 election?
Nothing seems working in this administration.
I wish year 2017 and 2018 can be skipped to enable us get to 2019 and vote out this clueless and heinous government.
No sound economic team.

bros belive it or not, buhari will still win

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by infiniteboy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
2015-2019 four years of my life wasted by Pac and buhari cry cry cry cry

Ajepako vickyrotex aminat508 juliaann funjosh eleko1 Chukwudi44 lalasticlala Seun mukina2 and babangbali see wetin una take una vote cause for me cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by holluphemydavid(m): 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2016
Wot does he knws
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
The issue of blame game should be put behind us,” he said.

grin grin

Blame Jonathan tongue
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by sanpipita(m): 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
People will still find time to defend this incompetent govt, I pity some of you by the time this govt gets to destroy everything it will be very late.
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework by Excuzeme: 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
ArabMopol:
yeah proudly 5% , do I need political power to succeed in life, we are umpire in commerce the only movable thing in Nigeria, buhari was busy
hobnobbing with international
financial institutions such as the
IMF and World Bank, which,
according to him, are the same
institutions promoting capitalism
in most parts of the world, Nigeria’s
governing class does not
understand the historical path of
the capitalism it is embracing; it is
a clear exercise in self-delusion. the current recession is
self-imposed, a situation that has
made the economy cash strapped. “The economy would continue to
bleed and our people would be
driven further into perpetual state
of need and slavery. manufacturing sector would
become moribund and small and
medium scale industries would
then fizzle out. The economy
would become uncontrollable
import-oriented and the magnitude
of descent into slavery would be
unimaginable. Buhari lacks what is takes to move this country forward, the Senates will keep rejecting his empty and bogus request ,the day we STOP voting on ethnic and religious lines will be the day we will get it right in this con3, thank God I reject this scam from the onset

At the bolded!

[b]Remove the log from your own eye so you can be able to remove the gnat in other's eyes. undecided undecided

[size=14pt]I agree that Nigerians, like Americas who have to chose between Dumb Donald and Crooked Hillary, are not well served in terms of choices but C'mmon, if forced to chose between "Crooked Hillary" and "Dumb Donald", l am sure the 5% will chose "Dumb Donald" if he promised to deport all S/Westerners and Northerners in America![/size] grin grin grin

If the same situation arises, only a Bigot will chose that looter-in-Chief called "DOCTOR" Jonathan, over Buhari.
Things are very tough but l am 100% sure that if we keep along this trajectory (save all the evil machinations of detractors, looters, 5%, terrorists, saboteurs, e.t.c), we can only get better within a few months from now when some of those policies (like in Agric) begins to get harvested.

Those who dont have HOP or have lost hope, can port to Togo or the Lagoon, wetin concern aye?[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Hosts Young Political Appointees To A Dinner. PICS / 9th Senate: El-rufai Shades Senators Shehu Sani And Hunkuyi / EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos. Recovers Charm, Cars, Laptops (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.