Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,834 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:43 AM

Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites (2113 Views)

Disclose Buhari’s Health Status Now – Southern Christian Elders / Meeting Of Southern Governors' Wives' Forum In Umuahia (Photos) / Presidency Keeps Mum On Indictment Of Usani, Buhari’s Minister For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by MrDavidson: 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
Fedayeen02:
We are at our own mercies. If i start a petition to recall my representative for keeping quiet while Sharia bill was debated on the floor it will be my fellow christians who will attack me for being a fanatic or not religious tolerant.

What i know is that i ll always find a way to protect myself and my loved ones from the Muslinami that's like a tsunami driving down south.
You should not worry about those political correctness advocates. Even Americans who used to pride themselves with that, are beginning to use their common sense.
Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Of course I am,[s] just as you are against RESOURCE CONTROL and Increased derivation for Niger Delta.

However, I'm against the NEDC and Sharia. The part you quoted was in a context to shame southern legislators.[/s]

That's all I want to hear. If you didnt support it on the other thread, you have no moral obligation to have a different view or blame the Senate here. That is why some people call you out for your hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by Turakidanjuma(m): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
Tonye.......you this mumu boy again
Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2016
Bluetooth2:

That's all I want to hear. If you didnt support it on the other thread, you have no moral obligation to have a different view or blame the Senate here. That is why some people call you out for your hypocrisy.
Don't get it twisted.

I'm not blaming the Senate for turning down the 1% VAT request by Lagos, because I believe that Lagos is not doing Nigeria ANY FAVOR.

I am actually blasting the Senate for their double standard and always being rubber stamp to Northern demands.

Hope that sinks!
Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Don't get it twisted.

I'm not blaming the Senate for turning down the 1% VAT request by Lagos, because I believe that Lagos is not doing Nigeria ANY FAVOR.

I am actually blasting the Senate for their double standard and always being rubber stamp to Northern demands.

Hope that sinks!

You blamed the senate for their double standard yet you wont accept your own double standard on the status of Lagos which you opposed. You actually celebrated that decision by the senate.

Yesterday you agreed with the Senate in declining on a special status for Lagos. Today, you are against them for support Northern agenda. What will you do tomorrow?
Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by Izonpikin: 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
my bro you raised salient points...our southern/christian senators are dull scums...too weak...cant push for anything or oppose anything... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
Bluetooth2:

You blamed the senate for their double standard yet you wont accept your own double standard on the status of Lagos which you opposed. You actually celebrated that decision by the senate.

Yesterday you agreed with the Senate in declining on a special status for Lagos. Today, you are against them for support Northern agenda. What will you do tomorrow?
Special status for Lagos iis a LAGOS AGENDA that doesn't benefit the South South or South East. More so, Lagos is not doing this country ANY favor at all to deserve any 1% of VAT.

Similarly, the North don't deserve any special privilege to deserve Sharia enshrined in our books.

We, are saying that let everyone control their RESOURCES and give 50% contribution to the center. That is very FAIR, Instead of you. opposing resource control and at same time wants 1% VAT.It is better than the north opposing Federalism and at same time want to impose sharia system.

don't get it twisted!

2 Likes

Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Special status for Lagos iis a LAGOS AGENDA that doesn't benefit the South South or South East. More so, Lagos is not doing this country ANY favor at all to deserve any 1% of VAT.

Similarly, the North don't deserve any special privilege to deserve Sharia enshrined in our books.

We, are saying that let everyone controls their RESOURCES and give 50% contribution to the center. That is very FAIR, Instead of you. opposing resource control and at same time wants 1% VAT.It is better than the north opposing Federalism and at same time want to impose sharia system.

don't get it twisted!

You are the one twisting it because you want me to accept what suits your ego. You worry about your anti-sharia agenda while I worry about special status for Lagos but in the end, you don't have the right to blame the senate when her decision doesnt align with your agenda. You were celebrating them when they hurt Lagos and frowning at them when they plan a northern sharia agenda.

That's grand hypocrisy.
Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
Bluetooth2:

You are the one twisting it because you want me to accept what suits your ego. You worry about your anti-sharia agenda while I worry about special status for Lagos but in the end, you don't have the right to blame the senate when her decision doesnt align with your agenda. You were celebrating them when they hurt Lagos and frowning at them when they plan a northern sharia agenda.

That's grand hypocrisy.
I am not against any group but I am against robbing Tonye to pay Tunde, or oppressing Maduka to please Mustapha.

WTF is Special Status? Why not fight for federalism? Why not advocate for decentralisation? then you can run Lagos as you like with whatever resources that comes from it, while I bother about my place with my own resources.

As for Sharia, it can't be imposed on me or my people. That I condemn Homosexuality does not mean that I will not condemn Incest.

Don't get it twisted
Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by teekul2: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
I Once listened to a senator from south west interview and he said " for u to b relevant in Nigerian politics you av to align with the North. U can Neva go against them". His reason is that you av more northern political class that any other region. Look at the states in Nigeria and look at the number of northerns in the hollowed chamber. let's assume all the southern senators put all their difference aside(which I don't think is possible) do they stand a chance.
Re: Sharia Expansion Bill And The Indictment Of Southern/Christian Elites by basilo102: 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
Oga, you keep extolling the unity of the North but you the No 1 divisionist in the south. Let the north do whatever it likes with nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

There’ll Be No Nigeria Again By The Time I Finish My Testimony – Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu Exposes How Fake Buhari Was Brought After Surgery VIDEO / Not Surprised All South West States Have Exceeded Their Borrowing Limits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.