Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:05 AM

Sacrament Of Reconciliation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacrament Of Reconciliation (325 Views)

Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) / Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja / On The Sacrament Of Reconciliation: My Struggle With Going To Confession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sacrament Of Reconciliation by Marioplus(m): 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2016
+~+ Another CONVERSATION ... A rare encounter [On Sacramental Confessions cum Absolution]. +~+ On my way back from a fateful funeral, I branched at a Petroleum Filling Station here in Owerri City ... Was on my Priestly Regalia. Hardly have I alighted from my car did I hear a highly welcomed command from a wealthy and comfortable looking young man as he said, "Fill up his tank ... He's a Man of God". Both I and the sales girl conceded, of course, he paid later for everything. The young man then with strange tears in his eyes earnestly begged to have some words with me. HE IS A PENTECOSTAL BUT FROM A PROTESTANT LINEAGE. We both parked our cars at a quiet corner of the large filling station, sat on a long-bench close to our cars and then started our discussions which ended up becoming an unplanned and unexpected counseling session. He broke down in tears and in heavy sobbing several times before he was able to put himself together ...under grace and encouragements, he began to speak: "Reverend, am so sorry for bothering you, am not your church member, am a hardcore Pentecostal from a Protestant family ... I hope you don't mind. I have great regard and respect for Ordained Ministers, especially Catholic Priests. Please Reverend, help me, AM A MAN DEEP IN SIN, IN EVIL RITUALS AND IN ABOMINATIONS FOR YEARS NOW AND AS A HABIT. My soul is thirsting for forgiveness and for peace, my shadow is pursuing me all around too, even though am very rich, connected and comfortable. Reverend, please I need Confessions and Absolutions as you used to give to your church members .... I have several Catholic close friends too". He said out several private, scary and touching things as we were still discussing along ... BUT I MADE IT QUITE CLEAR TO HIM THAT SACRAMENTAL CONFESSIONS AND ABSOLUTIONS FROM A CATHOLIC PRIEST IS A RESERVE FOR ROMAN CATHOLICS ALONE; BUT AS A PRIEST AND A SPIRITUAL FATHER FOR ALL, I WILL ALWAYS FIND ANOTHER BIBLICAL PATH OF HELP, COUNSELING, PRAYERS AND PENANCE TO ATTEND TO HIS REPENTANCE AND TO HIS READINESS TO RETURN BACK TO GOD IN RIGHTEOUSNESS. [ I actually attempted to refer him to his Pastors later on ... and even to suggest him into becoming a Catholic along the lines, but, he declined in both ... At least, as at that moment ]. He earnestly needed Confessions, Absolutions, Prayer Assignments and a new sense of direction. THROUGH GRACE AND MERCY, WITH THE HELP OF THE BIBLE, WITH COUNSELING SESSION AND WITH PRAYERS, I DID SO MUCH AS WAS POSSIBLE TO MINISTER TO HIM, GIVING HIM A NEW SENSE OF PEACE AND TRUE RESOLVE ... STILL MAINTAINING TO HIM THAT THE SEVEN SACRAMENTS [even Sacramental Confessions and Absolutions] ARE THE RESERVES FOR ROMAN CATHOLICS WHO ARE IN HEALTHY COMMUNION WITH THE CHURCH ~ ~ The young man, brightened up in soul and in the externals after the gracefilled encounter at an unusual place [a filling station], he took some detailed Prayer Assignments from me, collected my contacts/address, promising to maintain regular appointments .... Which he's already maintaining, to the glory of God ~~~ BUT TO YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS: [1] WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU EVER VISITED THE CONFESSIONAL FOR A SACRAMENTAL CONFESSIONS? [2] DO YOU EVEN APPRECIATE AND VALUE THAT SOUL SAVING PLUS PEACE GIVING SACRAMENT? [3] WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THAT YOU EVER APPROACHED THAT SACRAMENT WITH HONESTY, HUMILITY, TRUE CONTRITION, FAITH AND WITH A DEEP RESOLVE OF POSITIVE CHANGES? [4] DO YOU ACCEPT AND APPROACH THAT SACRAMENT AS A HEAVENLY ENCOUNTER OF DIVINE MERCY/GRACE, OR AS A CATHOLIC CULTURE AND ROUTINE? [5] DO WE NEED THE PENTECOSTALS AND THE PROTESTANTS TO REMIND US IN A HARD WAY THAT WE AS CATHOLICS ARE SITTING EXACTLY INSIDE A SEVEN FOUNTAIN OF DIVINE GRACES (THE SEVEN SACRAMENTS), BEFORE WE UNDERSTAND AND APPRECIATE? [6] HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT YOU CAN GO TO THE CONFESSIONAL NOT JUST TO CONFESS YOUR SINS, BUT TO SEEK FOR DIVINE PEACE AND DIRECTIONS THROUGH THE PRIEST OF GOD SITTING THERE AS A VICAR OF DIVINE GRACE? [7] MUST YOU DIE IN SIN AND IN DANGEROUS HABITS, MUST YOU ENTER INTO A SERIOUS EMERGENCY BEFORE YOU SEEK OUT A PRIEST FOR CONFESSIONS? [8] AGAIN, ARE YOU BUSYING YOURSELF STILL ARGUING ON THE AUTHENTICITY/ORTHODOXY OF THE SACRAMENT, WHILE THE FAITHFUL BELIEVERS ARE ACTUALLY BUSY BEING FILLED WITH HEAVENLY GRACE? [9] DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IT'S VERY BIBLICAL THAT GOD IN CHRIST THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT HAVE GRANTED AUTHORITY TO CERTAIN "SONS OF MEN" (APOSTLES & PRIESTS) TO FORGIVE SINS HERE ON EARTH AND TO BRING PEACE TO OUR SOULS? [10] WHAT EXACTLY ARE THE BURDENS AND FORCES THAT ARE HINDERING YOU FROM APPROACHING THAT SACRAMENTAL FOUNTAIN TO SEEK FOR REDEMPTION, FOR RENEWAL AND FOR RESTORATIONS?? ≠ ≠ I tell you, God and the Heavens are feverishly waiting for your broken heart of repentance, for your CONFESSIONS and for your Divine Restorations, AMEN ... YES LORD¡! - fr. val
Re: Sacrament Of Reconciliation by amerimex(m): 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
Nice write up and good reminder. Bein a catholic is the best grace a man can have. Jst so unfortunate that the new breeds of catholic are becoming so poor in d doctrines. All thanks to uninformed parents not knowing d value of cathechisms.
And d few informed catcholics, the word in our heart is been choked everyday by d thorns of life.
Another major advantage of catholics is our lady of fatima; a grace to humanity.
Ones again thanx fr for this holy wake u call

(1) (Reply)

Why Not Ask? / Religious Views And Rental Apartments:what Is Your Experience / Blessed In Believing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.