Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,077 members, 7,922,609 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 10:17 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (650460 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 2:31pm On Mar 25, 2009
hi naijaking1,
you havent responded to my post
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Novice1(m): 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2009
To all Doctors in the House,
I started having chest pains abt 7 yrs ago. since then I have had a series of ECGs, Chest x-rays and even a Cardiac hormone test, but all came out clean.
One of the Doctors I visited suggested it might be a muscular problem.
The pain is intemittent - at times for like 4 days at a stretch, at times absent for like a month
It it more severe when I exert myself.
I have also realised it is more acute when the weather is humid.

What is the way forward please?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by carnal: 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2009
All the doctors in the house including the herbal people, i need your assistance to bail out a friend's wife out,she put to bed almost 7yrs ago and thereafter no more issue,she has gone through all the test of recent and it was confirmed that one fallopian tube is block,pls your advise/suggestions on treatment is necessary including drugs she can take (including herbal,they are willing to take any solution)urgently pls.

a doctor advised she goes through hydrotubation while another doctor mentioned that ,hydrotubation might worsen the situation,pls advise urgently.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Evangelin: 9:51am On Mar 30, 2009
Dear Doc,

Compliments of the season!

I need your help on this please. I have been married for 2yrs and 3months now but yet no single pregnant has been recorded or even miscarriage. Thoug my husband's sperm count is low but after taking medication, it has improved to 60m/l and motility 70%, On my side, i am having an irregular period; sometimes, 21 days, 19day, at times it will miss up to one week, 5days, and once 2 weeks yet no pregnancy. Does it mean am not ovulating cos i sometimes feel some cramp like menstrual cramps on my west and back. I had a fibroid but very small in size at about 9.8.

Please tell me what to do to achieve pregnancy or any ovulation drugs that i can take to increase my chances of getting pregnant.

Doc, please help me cos am desperate to become a mother, i have tried some medication from hospital (gyn) but no result yet.

Please i need your help especially drugs to take to induce my ovulation.

Doc, i saw my period on February 2, 2009 and saw another one on March 9, 2009. Please doc, tell me my fertility period to conceive and my ovulation day based on this.

Thanks for your urgent respnse.

Evy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2009
Hi Naijaking. Didn't know you were in NYC. Just spent a weekend there. Did my tourist things. Mainly on Manhattan Island and Staten. Worried about going outside of Manhattan. Is it as dangerous as we hear on the news!!! A bit disappointed about the Earth hour on saturday night. They only switched off 2 things on Times Square. Keep up good work on this site
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Enockia(m): 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2009
doc please i gat a problem there this skin rash i see on my neck and arms when eva i sweat once it's there it remains there 4 over a period of time sometimes 4 to 5 months
i've tried so many medications but each time they fail
please tel me how i can solve this problem once and for all
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2009
Balogun:

Hi Naijaking. Didn't know you were in NYC. Just spent a weekend there. Did my tourist things. Mainly on Manhattan Island and Staten. Worried about going outside of Manhattan. Is it as dangerous as we hear on the news!!! A bit disappointed about the Earth hour on saturday night. They only switched off 2 things on Times Square. Keep up good work on this site

Oga Dr. Balogun, yes we surely missed an opportunity. Bronx pepper soup with Ghananian eba would have been in order. That dangerous story is designed to keep well paying tourists like you restricted to Manhattan. It's like waging a successful campaign on anybody that visits Ikoyi, that if they dare step out to other parts of Lagos they will become toast. while you may find out the real story on the long run, the immediate effect is that you deposit all your money with the Manhattan merchants. Anyway, I hope you had fun, let me know when next you'll be in town.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2009
Now that I have the NYC bug, hope to return there soon. Will definitely look forward to having you and Dr Kathy over for a meal. You guys can then show me the real NYC smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by megastu(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2009
My Daughter has a swelling on her leg since an immunisation injection was given. Now the doctor says she has to be operated. This girl is just 11 months.It is the same doctor that was saying the swelling will go down with time.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Angee4real: 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2009
Please Drs. in the house i need your help because i'm afriad now. I've had dis symptom of stalococus for almost 10 years now not knowing in 2006 i went for medical test and was diagonise with this disease and treated with not seriously. Till now i didnt border to check myself if it still there or not but i'm still experiencing the symptom. It was just recently i heard that it can cause infertility and the thing is that am about getting married by the end of this year and i dont want to start wasting time in bearing children because i'm already 34 years by August. Please i really need help and advise. For years now i have been having my period just for 2 days and with dark and scanty period which i dont if it is cause by this inferion. I also want to know if the traditional medical will be more active than the oyibo medicine
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2009
Megastu, sorry to hear about your 11 month old. Following immunization some people may develop a small swelling. Generally this tends to settle by itself. It could however become an abscess which might need drainage. How long has the swelling been there for and is your child symptomatic, that is, is she unwell with it. Ultrasound might help to see what it is and treated appropriately. Let us know how she gets on.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2009
Angee4real, I am unsure where your staphylococcus infection is affecting. I must assume from talks of infertility it is a gynaecological problem. I would advice you to pose your problem to Dr Kathy on the ObGyn thread. Try and be clearer though as would make it easier to reply
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by carnal: 7:23am On Apr 08, 2009
@angee4real,my first advise is go back and take the medical test for staph including sphyillis and other STD's again and you need to be fast about these,seeing your period two days in a month and being scanty is an issue and not normal too.however send me a mail on anjola9ja@yahoo.com so we can discuss further.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2009
angee4real, my advice is to wait for Dr Kathy to give you honest medical and gynaecological reply. carnal as a matter of interest do you have any medical qualifications!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by megastu(m): 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2009
Balogun. Thanks for your advice. Doctors had said it was lycoma and that it needed to be operated. Upon getting to the the operating room, the doctor discovered it was abcess. The suprising thing is that she was never unwell at anytime.

she had a successful operation and she is walking very well. Thanks for your concern.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2009
Megastu, glad your daughter is better. They probably thought a lipoma!! With immunization you can get sterile (non infective) abscess. We try our best to help here
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jovlar1979(m): 9:09am On Apr 18, 2009
Doc,
thanks for doing a great job here.

Any side effect to the use of absorbable surgical sutures?

I was operated upon recently for appendicitis and i discovered thet the conventional suture that has to be removed later was not used.I tried to find out why but the doctor said that`s the latest now.But i am a little bit disturbed,probably confused.Can i be rfest assured that there is no need to be afraid?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:32pm On Apr 18, 2009
jovlar1979, there is very little to worry about. The old fashioned natural absorbable sutures such as catgut tend not to used often now. Dexon and other types of new absorbable sutures generally don't cause problems and they maintain their strength
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by belovevin(m): 8:26am On Apr 20, 2009
Please Doc. I will like to know the cause/cure for waist pain.
I have been having this pain for some time now and its actually becoming a source
of concern to me.

Some of my friends say its as a result of too much sex, however I am still a virgin.
Others say its too much cold water, untreated fever etc.

Please i need your advice.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ilovekezi: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2009
i need to get pregnant but i havent seen my period in three months i have gone for test ,scan and no pregnancy please someone advice me
i have gone to doctor n he doesnt seem to see anything wrong with me and i need this baby badly as i hav just gotten married my husband is tested ok,how ever some months back i washed my private part with alum as dey said it tightens please advise me could dat be the cause?where and what can i do?am i ovulating?people said i could still get pregnant without my menstral cycle.how true is it please advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:04pm On Apr 20, 2009
ilovekezi, you have done the right thing in putting your problem to Dr Kathy. She will be best with answering your query
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:06pm On Apr 20, 2009
belovevin, I am a bit confused about what you mean by waist pain!! Any particular part of your waist. Do you mean groin pain. Anyway, you need to be slightly more specific
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sparta(f): 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2009
hello doc

i have a friend who has had staph for close to 7 years now, he is afraid of gettting married because of this, what can he use please. its urgent
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2009
sparta:

hello doc

i have a friend who has had staph for close to 7 years now, he is afraid of gettting married because of this, what can he use please. its urgent
What type of staph? Remember, normal people have staph in many parts of their body without any complaints. What's the location of the staph? Urine, vagina, blood, skin, semen, stool? where?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2009
hello naijaking1,
You havent responded to my posts.
I've been searching health care centers in Nigeria but I havent found any
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 8:34pm On Apr 25, 2009
pheesayor:

hello naijaking1,
You havent responded to my posts.
I've been searching health care centers in Nigeria but I havent found any
Thanks for your patience. Scrolling back many pages to read your posts is the next best thing to pulling and reviewing your chart in my office. There are people called respiratory therapists here in the US, I'm not sure what they are called in Nigeria, but they may have the best idea where to obtain a BIPAP machine. Again, how is is the weight loss going. If your weight comes down to normal index, you might not even need the machine after all. If you're still having chest pain, then you must go to an emergency room for a whole lot of tests to rule out heart abnormal condition.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Fruitsteps: 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2009
Hello Dr Balogun, Doctors practising in UK and others that can help, thanks for bn there

Do you or any of your professional colleagues by chance know/heard of the following in the UK

'IVF treatment - Get Live Baby or your full money(%) back in UK' / or something similar

I know some places in the US offer IVF with the attached condition, but 'cant afford all the expenses/total cost for US as i am based in the UK (cost of IVF,travel expenses and accomodation etc), thanks in anticipation . Looking forward to hearing from you.

(I have already contacted Dr Kathyeketi, i need as much information as i can get,
PLS HELP, I AM VERY DESPERATE
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2009
Fruitsteps, for IVF it usually depends on where you live in the UK and what your status is!! As you might know, there is an element of postcode lottery with IVF here. If you have to go privately, I would go on recommendation of your own General Practitioner. They should know the best clinics in your area
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ehie007(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2009
hey Doc Balogun, whats the main cause(s) of early ejaculation during sex and what can be done to cure or improve the problem, wat drugs can one take or the likes,

hala,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sparta(f): 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2009
naijaking1:

What type of staph? Remember, normal people have staph in many parts of their body without any complaints. What's the location of the staph? Urine, vagina, blood, skin, semen, stool? where?

Hi doc,

the staph is in his semen.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2009
sparta:

Hi doc,
the staph is in his semen.
Thanks

Staph in the semen for 7 years? I smell misdiagnosis somewhere.
Microbiologically, the semen is normally sterile, but infection with hardly culturable organisms like Chlamydia, trichomonas, neisseria, and urealyticum could give an irritating sensation.

Unfortunately, when a swab of the semen or urethral is taken, and cultured on routine media such as chocolate or blood agar, these pathogens just don't grown. In place of these pathogens, Staph. aureus or epi. simply grow and swarm the culture plate.

The staph may be a contamination from the semen, the culture media, or even from the air in the lab. So, treating staph repeatedly for 7 years without understanding this principle leaves the original pathogens intact, and the patient frustrated.

In my practice, I will focus attention on one of the 4 pathogens by sending for serology, specialized culture/microbiology, or even treating emprically.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kunmibola(m): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2009
Hi Doc,
i need your quick response on this. i have a very pretty lady as fiancee bu t the big but is she has brown teeth from birth. we have started looking for way out of this. can you render any assistance. Thanks and God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.