Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,199 members, 7,880,739 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:11 AM

The Ancestral Curses - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ancestral Curses (25766 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah Over Suicide Bomber At Winners / Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings / How Do You Fight An Ancestral Python Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Seun(m): 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
mathew247:
I will never wish this case on my worst enemy. I remember vividly what etuketu did to my father.
What's Etuketu in English?

after getting well at the hospital, the disease came back within days he left the hospital,
What were your dad's symptoms? What was the doctor's diagnosis? What was the treatment that they gave your dad, and for how long?

we went back to dat hospital and they said we can't be admitted again they then prescribe a more costly medicine to us,under 2 days, it came back
What was the name of the more costly medication that they described? What was their reason for refusing to admit you again? Did your dad stat taking the more costly medication immediately. For how long? How long after he started did he start to feel better before he relapsed?

we diverted to yoruba medicine,it will cool but after some hours it will start again
What Yoruba medicine specifically? Did your dad's symptoms disappear whenever he took the medicine? Did you divert to it due to cost?

then someone directed us to a pastor that said its ancestral curse...the pastor gave us igbo medicine with prayers,fasting and midnight prayers... I swear since we started that prayer owls started crying every night on our roof. My father didnt die and he was healed permanently.
If your dad's problems were caused by an ancestral curse, why was the new igbo medicine needed? What was it made of? How long after you started praying did your dad's symptoms disappear again? What do you think the owls were trying to achieve by crying on your roof?

if I tell you what ancestral curse did to my family u wont believe.
Please tell us!

Someone here said ''they can make brilliant children not finish school'' there's truth in that and many more cases.
Brilliant students not finishing school is not unheard of. It happens. The fact that it rarely happens doesn't mean it must be supernatural.

If u need a pastor that can free ur family from ancestral curses. Check the number on my profile to contact me so I can link you to him, he stays in onitsha,anambra state.
How can we trust your story above knowing that you're trying to promote a pastor who deals in "ancestral curses". Perhaps you made it up?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by accountbalance: 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
bebe2:

u lucky ur aunt survived. same thing happened to my brother in laws wife.

she had a lot of complication with her first child, had her premature, the husband who lived in germany sent down loads of money to make sure both mother and child survived, which they did.

then she got pregnant again , and decided to go to JESUS WOMEN CHURCH for spiritual care becos she didnt want the evil spirit to make her have caesarean again, her feet were swollen but she didnt go to hospital she was using anointing oil on it.

long story cut short, one morning she woke up, blacked out, she was rushed to different hospital no one cud help, until they got to st philomena, by then the child was already dead, she herself never recovered, she died few days later.

lesson learnt. person also need apply common sense in alot of situations.

Sorry to hear that. Sincerely, one would think that enlightened people would know better. Common sense is really needed like you said.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gift101(m): 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
There's even a story about a family whereby nobody crosses the age of 40. It is either they die by accident or by sicknesses or by deadly infections. Even if they live till december 31st 11:58pm, they'll never cross to 12:00am.

There's a case whereby in the family, no girl's husband or spouse pays their brideprice, they'll only born for the men but the men will find it difficult to pay their brideprice no matter how rich or poor they are. Whenever it comes to the mind of the men to pay their brideprice, somethingelse will happen that year or month that will disturb them from planning their brideprice wedding.

There's also a family whereby the boys and girls always graduate with first class upper but they'll never get any office job; instead they'll be hawking in markets or become sales boys and girls (this was happening to them about 6-7 years ago before the yoke was broken for them by a pastor). 2weeks after the prayer from the pastor dey got high paid jobs.

There are many more examples.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Jimmyo3(m): 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
Liveair:

Do not Insult Science by your arrogant displace of silly misinformation.
There is no misinformation here, if only u understand in details what Quantum Mechanics is all about then you will believe all I've said....
Re: The Ancestral Curses by akintom(m): 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
Church enterprise plc

2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.

All claims of deliverance from whatever, is a sure fraudulent means of duping the gullible folks.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by deedondavi(m): 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

Things i don't believe in

*God

*Satan

*Heaven

*Bible

*Any Religion

*Voodoo

*Juju/Charms

*Evil spirits

*Ancestral curses

An example : If God exists or prayer works, Nigeria is the most spiritual and most God loving country in the world,
Why isn't Nigeria greater than the most sinful, most evil, most corrupt country in the world (USA)??
Re: The Ancestral Curses by ezechinwa2: 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jimmyo3:
Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.Woe unto to those who don't believe in ancestral curses or spirituality for even the very SCIENCE which you embrace has agreed in accordance and proved beyond doubt that spirituality is real. And that activities in the spiritual realm affects our physical reality in one way or the order because whatever takes form and manifest as physical evidence have existed in the spiritual realm..... This is what SCIENCE says and not me.

Listen, I don't doubt the existence of spirits. the problem is Africans are too overspiritual and always blame their failure on soneone or some spirits. no wonder these pastors are always buying private jets and fancy cars because of our gullibility .
A student keeps on failing mathematics and blames his innocent aunty in the village, rather than studying harder he spends time in churches and not reading at all. won't you call that stupidity?
The whites are ahead because theres a right balance between science and spiritual life. unlike Africa, we always love blaming something despite the fact that science started in Africa.
When I fail I man up and try to improve , but I still believe in Jesus just that I no need pastors to pray for me or sell salvation to me.

3 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by deedondavi(m): 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

*God

*Satan

*Heaven

*Bible

*Any Religion

*Voodoo

*Juju/Charms

*Evil spirits

*Ancestral curses

An example : If God exists or prayer works, Nigeria is the most spiritual and most God loving country in the world,
Why isn't Nigeria greater than the most sinful, most evil, most corrupt country in the world (USA)??

Isaiah 55:8 KJV: For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways , saith the LORD .
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Phi001(m): 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
dumodust:

Every family has had their share of tragedies, people die in different ways, it's life and much sinister meaning shouldn't be attached to it. I have buried my mum and other family members. Other people have too, we are not immortals, people live to die. The 40s is a decade of hustle by men to fend for their kids and the travelling and stress is bound to take a toll on health and predispose to death.
I hope you are aware the average life expectancy of Nigerian males is about 50 years. The bad roads, faulty cars, bad hospitals and lifestyles are bound to tell too, its not exactly rocket science. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. In western countries like the UK, average life expectancy is about 80 yrs and men are even marrying new wives and undertaking hip replacements in such countries in preparation for a longer life because they are well taken care of.
I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree.

Good day Sir.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by deedondavi(m): 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
ezechinwa2:

Listen, I don't doubt the existence of spirits. the problem is Africans are too overspiritual and always blame their failure on soneone or some spirits. no wonder these pastors are always buying private jets and fancy cars because of our gullibility .
A student keeps on failing mathematics and blames his innocent aunty in the village, rather than studying harder he spends time in churches and not reading at all. won't you call that stupidity?
The whites are ahead because theres a right balance between science and spiritual life. unlike Africa, we always love blaming something despite the fact that science started in Africa.
When I fail I man up and try to improve , but I still believe in Jesus just that I no need pastors to pray for me or sell salvation to me.

And who told you most whites aren't over spiritual, spiritualism and you been educated enough are too different things... I might be over spiritual but I know the right thing to do.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gift101(m): 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
bebe2:

she had a lot of complication with her first child, had her premature, the husband who lived in germany sent down loads of money to make sure both mother and child survived, which they did.

then she got pregnant again , and decided to go to JESUS WOMEN CHURCH for spiritual care becos she didnt want the evil spirit to make her have caesarean again, her feet were swollen but she didnt go to hospital she was using anointing oil on it.

long story cut short, one morning she woke up, blacked out, she was rushed to different hospital no one cud help, until they got to st philomena, by then the child was already dead, she herself never recovered, she died few days later.

Not all churches are geniue. The pastor may seems geniue and humble, but that doesn't make he or she a man of God.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Flakosixfive(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
Gift101:

So the situation whereby a family has brainliant children but none of them has ever graduated from the university is Genetic right ?
Touché.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Jimmyo3(m): 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
dumodust:

We are having a rational conversation here and suddenly you bring in your brand of negativity with your distasteful habits of 'woe unto you' to people you dont even know.
If you have claims that science has seen spirits, please bring verifiable evidence or links here. It is not by writing 'science' in capital letters and making claims, insulting everyones intelligence in a bid to ram it down our throats. We can't be hoodwinked, we werent educated for nothing.
Everybody is entitled to believe what they want. Learnt to tolerate other people's views as we tolerate yours
Sorry!!! but spirituality doesn't just entail seen spirit, but covers a broader spectrum of all activities beyond the physical perception. My evidence is from Quantum Mechanics(a branch of Physics)which studies particles, try understanding the concept in details then you Will believe what I've said.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gift101(m): 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

*God

*Satan

*Heaven

*Bible

*Any Religion

*Voodoo

*Juju/Charms

*Evil spirits

*Ancestral curses

Even Israel that was called God's own country, through which Jesus was brought into this earth, was Israel ever the greatest and richest country during Jesus time on earth ?

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Seun(m): 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
accountbalance:
Goodluck to you on re-orientation of these gullible people's mindset. This is actually where most of the problem we have in Nigeria stems from. Everyday I see people living their lives based on archaic superstitions and believes.

For instance, my educated aunt almost lost her life while giving birth in a church because she thought some evil spirit in the family were after her unborn child so she refused to go for antenatal. Of course, the poor foetus died due to unhealthy delivery.
Sory about this. I'm glad that your aunt survived, and I expect that she's wiser now. This is why we hate superstitious beliefs so much.

I really love the way you are trying to open people's mind to critical thinking but I just don't know if it's possible to correct so many people's thought. People's mind have been really messed up in this part of the world, no thanks to our pastors and prophets.
Tnx. It's difficult to correct many people, but I think we will prevail if we all come out of the closet and fight the battle one person at a time.

bebe2:

then she got pregnant again , and decided to go to JESUS WOMEN CHURCH for spiritual care because she didn't want the evil spirit to make her have caesarean again, her feet were swollen but she didnt go to hospital she was using anointing oil on it.

That's very sad. Sorry about this. I hope people are reading this and learning from it. Faith healing teachings are a public health hazard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Jimmyo3(m): 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
Shafiiimran99:

What did Jesus save then?
Though I referred to those who don't believe spirituality is real....I agree that Christ paid the ultimate price by accepting to be crucified and hence saving humanity from every afflictions of the devil including ancestral courses. But for Christ sacrifice to work for you and set you free ,you must believe (have faith).
Re: The Ancestral Curses by mmsen: 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
StoneColdBiceps:

Some theories could be irrational BUT there is ancestral curse, witchcraft and other underworld vices only the Lord Jesus Christ can address.

Do you have evidence of these 'curses'? Of this witchcraft? Or the underworld?

Any evidence of this 'Lord Jesus Christ'?

If not, they are all irrational. There is no reason without evidence.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by omonnakoda: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
hoodboy:

Let me share my something i personally experienced for your sake.

In my family lineage, no person gave birth to more than three boys, this dates back to my great grand fathers, My grand father had two brothers, and each of them gave birth to only 3 sons, and each of the three sons gave birth to only 3 sons as well (i was among the 3sons of my dad).

On quick glance, you might not think much of the situation, my dad had 4 children, 3 boys and a girl, quite perfect family size. But on a faithful day in church, a guest minister was praying against ancestral curses and asked anyone who felt he had such ties to come out for prayers, at first my dad didn't come out, but when he realised "the 3 son issue" he quickly jumped out, was about the last person to come out (his own account). He prayed for that curse to be broken, and later that year my mum got pregnant, 8 years after she had hung her boots.

The warfare that surrounded that pregnancy wasn't funny, things became very tight financially so hard that when my mum was due for delivery, we weren't even able to buy any of the required things. the first thing that came was a baby bath, which our family friend brought to the house. God is always one step ahead, my mom's brother came back to Nigeria just as my brother was conceived and everything my brother used during his first months, from diapers to powder to clothes, he brought with him from america.

Just as if he knew he came during trying times, the boy would never ever cried for food for one day, secondly he didn't ever eat up to one bowl of cereal or any of the baby foods, we tried everything but he just couldn't eat it, the only thing that would go in and stay in was 'Ogi baba' and that is what he was weaned on.

After the birth of my brother, extended families that had been suck with 3 boys started to give birth to more than 3 boys, four years after my brother we had our last brother.

Ancestral curses, agreement, bondage are real.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Jimmyo3(m): 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
ezechinwa2:

Noted!!!! it is true, as Africans we lay too much emphasis on spiritual beings causing our misfortune. the result which has left us languishing in backwardness, we really need to strike a balance between science and spirituality . As humans we quite literally have the power to overcome every form of negativity in our lives by our believe(faith).

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by ezechinwa2: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jimmyo3:
Noted!!!! it is true, as Africans we lay too much emphasis on spiritual beings causing our misfortune. the result which has left us languishing in backwardness, we really need to strike a balance between science and spirituality . As humans we quite literally have the power to overcome every form of negativity in our lives by our believe(faith).
Correct bro.
Africa is a bless continent and our skin colour is beautiful.
Not that these things don't happen, is just the right balance I seek for. Spirits are real, but balance is key.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by MichaelDares(m): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
You right on point

THE ANCESTRAL CURSES THE WAY OUT
INTRODUCTION

There’s difference between being condemned to spiritual death and having a curse that’s affecting you and your family despite you been born again Christians. We have had cases where a good Christian had suffered a particular sickness, hardships, marital problems, a particular habit or other problems that had being following there family lineage, just as the case may be. And they had tried in many prayers, fasting and the problem remains until an anointed man of God prayed and breaks those cures. The questions to answer in this write up is should that be the case? Is it possible for a Christian to still be under bondage? What’s the solution for Spiritual freedom in Christ Jesus? Read on as the Holy Spirit leads us alone the part of understanding.

Ancestral curse can be defined as an evil or misfortune that follows a particular person as a result of being born into a family lineage; inherited family problems. A
Re: The Ancestral Curses by richidinho(m): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
akintom:

Church enterprise plc

2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.

All claims of deliverance from whatever, is a sure fraudulent means of duping the gullible folks.

Funny you, in my church deliverance is free yet demons manifest and are casted out daily
Re: The Ancestral Curses by akintom(m): 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
richidinho:

Funny you, in my church deliverance is free yet demons manifest and are casted out daily

really?

Demon manifest?

As in seriously?
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Seun(m): 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
hoodboy:
In my family lineage, no person gave birth to more than three boys, this dates back to my great grand fathers, My grand father had two brothers, and each of them gave birth to only 3 sons, and each of the three sons gave birth to only 3 sons as well (i was among the 3 sons of my dad).
How many sons do you think other people have? If you have 6 children, which is far too much, the expectation is that 3 of them will be boys.

On quick glance, you might not think much of the situation, my dad had 4 children, 3 boys and a girl, quite perfect family size.
It's not perfect. There's only one girl. Could there be an "ancestral curse" limiting the number of girls in your family too? Don't girls matter?

But on a faithful day in church, a guest minister was praying against ancestral curses and asked anyone who felt he had such ties to come out for prayers, at first my dad didn't come out, but when he realised "the 3 son issue" he quickly jumped out, was about the last person to come out (his own account). He prayed for that curse to be broken, and later that year my mum got pregnant, 8 years after she had hung her boots.
What led the father to believe there was a curse limiting the number of boys in the family. I mean 3 boys every generation is a lot. It's as ridiculous as if Dangote thought he had an ancestral curse preventing the men in his family from being worth more than 20 billion dollars.

The warfare that surrounded that pregnancy wasn't funny, things became very tight financially so hard that when my mum was due for delivery, we weren't even able to buy any of the required things.
That's what happens when you have too many children. It's what happens when you want to have 4 boys even though you can barely take care of the 3 boys and a girl that you already have. It's what happens when families make bad financial decisions. Nothing spiritual about it.

Just as if he knew he came during trying times, the boy would never ever cried for food for one day, secondly he didn't ever eat up to one bowl of cereal or any of the baby foods, we tried everything but he just couldn't eat it, the only thing that would go in and stay in was 'Ogi baba' and that is what he was weaned on.
What did the doctor say when you took him to the hospital to complain about his lack of appetite? Oh wait, of course you didn't.

Ancestral curses, agreement, bondage are real.
How can you not be satisfied with 3 boys? That's not a curse, it's a blessing that many married couples would pay anything for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by mathew247: 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:
What's Etuketu in English?
Ok...I dont know the english name...I dont even know its a disease not to talk of a heavy one at that...its goes like this...like air will purge out from ur throat...when it happen to a child,the parent around will tell d child to go and drink a cup of water. I dont even know its a disease until happened to my dad.

What were your dad's symptoms? What was the doctor's diagnosis? What was the treatment that they gave your dad, and for how long?
I dont live with my dad so I cant get the papers but he was admitted to that hospital for 12days(even in a cheap hospital,do u know,how much u will pay for staying there for 12days)

What was the name of the more costly medication that they described? What was their reason for refusing to admit you again? Did your dad stat taking the more costly medication immediately. For how long? How long after he started did he start to feel better before he relapsed ?
the reason they was that...we have been discharged from that case not less than 4days ago so the doctor gave us 4 costly but powerful drugs he is to drink for a month he even gave us assurance,my dad started drinking it that even but the sickness/attack came back within 2days. Thats when people started saying we should try yoruba traditional herb.

What Yoruba medicine specifically? Did your dad's symptoms disappear whenever he took the medicine? Did you divert to it due to cost?
Whenever he took the yoruba medicine...it will stop/calm him down then the attack/sickness will comeback again b4 midnight. The yoruba medicine is to be taken morning n night. Im not yoruba so I cant specify it but I will tell all the medicine he took works well but the sickness normally come as attack thas why we went to know if someone is behind it. We didnt divert to yoruba because of the money I alone can handle the expenses.

If your dad's problems were caused by an ancestral curse, why was the new igbo medicine needed? What was it made of? How long after you started praying did your dad's symptoms disappear again? What do you think the owls were trying to achieve by crying on your roof?
Like I said earlier,all the medics will took works well but the sickness comes like a spiritual attack thas why we went to see if someone is behind it spiritually and thas when they said its ancestral. The igbo medicine is made up of (osisi anunuebe,ose oji and aki-ilu) please get ur igbo friend to translate it for you.

My parents house is in awada,onitsha anambra state,theres no tree around there not to talk of forests so the owl crying is foreign there.

Please tell us!

Brilliant students not finishing school is not unheard of. It happens. The fact that it rarely happens doesn't mean it must be supernatural.

M more of a mystic now than a christian,m not against any religion though. And I have never attended any service at the pastors church...I only went to his place once to get him to come to my fathers house and attend to my father. The reason I want to recommend him to people is that...he charged N2010(might sound funny but he rejected N20 and insisted on that N10) for those drugs that did wonders,we spent over 100k in hospital alone.

Finally I'm not here to convince you #seun. Ancestral curses is deadlier than satan (if there's satan).
Re: The Ancestral Curses by hoodboy(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
In an entire lineage, none of the family could give birth to more than 3 boys, a situation that was based on a covenant my forebears made with their deities, there was no limit to the number of girl child, but none of the families had more than three sons.

Now the point is not about over populating the world with kids, but knowing that you are limited because of some agreement your ancestors had is not something that one should take lightly, the larger implications of that covenant i do not know, but i am sure glad that agreement has been broken.

You sit there on your high horse making insulting assumptions and who told you my brother wasn't eating, mind you he never for once went hungry, he just didn't like canned baby food, and like i said we tried all the various brands and the only one he would eat as a baby was ogi, how does that become him not having appetite for food that needed medical intervention? He was a very healthy baby, chubby and well looked after, and all that "warfare" ended when he was born.

I know some people here like to over rationalise issues and doubt the reality of the spiritual, but that to me is just intelligent ignorance.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
Earthkumy:
God bless you brother.
sister actually grin
Re: The Ancestral Curses by omonnakoda: 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
I do not believe in such nonsense but most Nigerians do. They will not be persuaded otherwise no matter my best efforts. Why argue with a man who believes in spiritual wives and husbands

What to do? Conceive a an antigenerational curse franchise and watch your riches grow.............
Enoch Adeboye loading
Oyedepo loading
Ashimolowo loading....................

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gemc3(f): 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
GossipHeart:

*God

*Satan

*Heaven

*Bible

*Any Religion

*Voodoo

*Juju/Charms

*Evil spirits

*Ancestral curses

Nigeria the most spiritual. . . .

Most Nigerians do not practice true Christianity or Islam or whatever their religion is. Hypocrites are everywhere.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Seun(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
hoodboy:
In an entire lineage, none of the family could give birth to more than 3 boys, a situation that was based on a covenant my forebears made with their deities, there was no limit to the number of girl child, but none of the families had more than three sons.

Now the point is not about over populating the world with kids, but knowing that you are limited because of some agreement your ancestors had is not something that one should take lightly, the larger implications of that covenant i do not know, but i am sure glad that agreement has been broken.

You sit there on your high horse making insulting assumptions and who told you my brother wasn't eating, mind you he never for once went hungry, he just didn't like canned baby food, and like i said we tried all the various brands and the only one he would eat as a baby was ogi, how does that become him not having appetite for food that needed medical intervention? He was a very healthy baby, chubby and well looked after, and all that "warfare" ended when he was born.

I know some people here like to over rationalise issues and doubt the reality of the spiritual, but that to me is just intelligent ignorance.
Sorry. It was not my intention to upset you. Sometimes I can't help myself. So your evidence for the covenant your forebears made with the deities is that none of the men in the family that you know about had more than 3 sons. So if we found someone in your family who had more than 3 sons before the curse was broken by your dad, you would no longer believe that there was an ancestral curse on your family?
Re: The Ancestral Curses by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:

If a particular illness runs in your family, it is probably because the disease is genetic in nature. For example, there are families in which every woman develops breast cancer at a particular age. Scientists have found that certain genes are responsible for their tendency to have breast cancer. Angelina Jolie discovered that she has this gene and decided to go for a preventive double mastectomy in order to avoid it. She has also opted to adopt kids so she won't pass the genes to the next generation. Some families tend to have a lot of sicklers, and this is because of the sickle cell gene. The solution is for people from such families to marry people who don't have the gene at all. These are medical issues, and not spiritual. When you attribute medical issues to evil spirits, you prevent the victims from seeking the medical help that they need. How wicked!

If marital problems run in your family, it's probably because nobody in your family knows how a healthy marriage works. Almost everything you know about marriage comes from your parents, and you are likely to make the same mistakes that they did. The solution is to educate yourself on marriage from external sources like books, the Internet, etc and to make sure the partner you choose is very compatible with you and preferably comes from a healthy family. And to seek counseling from marriage counselors, not your pastor who may not know much. If both partners in a marriage come from broken homes, it's highly likely to fail, unless both of them work really really hard to make it work.

If financial problems run in your family, it's due to lack of financial knowledge and education. The solution is to break that cycle by getting educated in an economically viable profession (not Yoruba Studies) and being enterprising. Also, it would be foolish to make financial decisions based on your parents' advice if your parents are poor or financially illiterate. You need to have advisers who know more than they do.

If bad habits such as alcoholism, smoking or drug addiction run in your family, the solution is to never expose yourself to these vices. Never take a glass of wine. Never try cigarettes. Never try drugs. Never keep a friend who does any of these things. Never go to a party or night club where you will be pressured to try these things. Because you are likely to be more susceptible to addiction than most people. One sip of wine could place you on the path to ruin. So don't risk it! However, if the habit bothering you is masturbation, don't worry about it. It's normal.

The suggestion that any problem that runs in your family could be caused by imaginary "ancestral curses" is damaging because it distracts you from the real causes of your problems and the real solutions. It's not even biblical anyway, in my opinion.

Don't get life twisted because u have a good karma, have u ever wondered why new born babies are been abandoned, been born in the war zones of the world if u believe there is an intelligence that controls the world u believe that intelligence is fair. U think u just happened to be a son of ur father. Or a Yoruba man or a Nigerian. Have u ever wondered why ppl are perculiar e.g igbos like money. Yorubas are cowards. We are all victims of our karma. How can one be born handicapped. There is a fundamental law of creation that pertains to association THE LAW OF HOMOGENEOUS SPICIES OR HOMOGENEITY. Seek and u would find, knock and it shall be opened unto u. The quest for enlightenment is what we all need.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by omonnakoda: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
JustCalMeDBoss:

Don't get life twisted because u have a good karma, have u ever wondered why new born babies are been abandoned, been born in the war zones of the world if u believe there is an intelligence that controls the world u believe that intelligence is fair. U think u just happened to be a son of ur father. Or a Yoruba man or a Nigerian. Have u ever wondered why ppl are perculiar e.g igbos like money. Yorubas are cowards. We are all victims of our karma. How can one be born handicapped. There is a fundamental law of creation that pertains to association THE LAW OF HOMOGENEOUS SPICIES OR HOMOGENEITY. Seek and u would find, knock and it shall be opened unto u. The quest for enlightenment is what we all need.
Somehow by some cerebral gymnastic contortion we have arrived at "Yorubas are cowards" from talking about ancestral curses..........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.