Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,195 members, 7,880,717 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:05 AM

The Ancestral Curses - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ancestral Curses (25757 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah Over Suicide Bomber At Winners / Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings / How Do You Fight An Ancestral Python Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ancestral Curses by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
omonnakoda:
Somehow by some cerebral gymnastic contortion we have arrived at "Yorubas are cowards" from talking about ancestral curses..........
hey I am just talking about what's is been said as a general characteristics and for ur information I am also Yoruba.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Omarion120(m): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
o generation of science fiction.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by omonnakoda: 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
JustCalMeDBoss:
hey I am just talking about what's is been said as a general characteristics and for ur information I am also Yoruba.
The logical nexus defies human comprehension.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by dumodust(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jimmyo3:
Sorry!!! but spirituality doesn't just entail seen spirit, but covers a broader spectrum of all activities beyond the physical perception. My evidence is from Quantum Mechanics(a branch of Physics)which studies particles, try understanding the concept in details then you Will believe what I've said.
You just didn't make sense right now trying to prove your point
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jimmyo3:
There is no misinformation here, if only you understand in details what Quantum Mechanics is all about then you will believe me....
What sort of arrant nonsense is this

Never try to smear a new burgeoning field with research intenstive topics with you religio- spiritual mumbo- jumbo!!angry
Re: The Ancestral Curses by greatnow: 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
Earthkumy:
when i read some comments is obvious that many do not read before commenting, they will just see topic and rush in and start's commenting out of point, i don't know if it is out of intellectual laziness or over zealouness.

its ancestral curse.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by GossipHeart(m): 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
Gemc3:

Nigeria the most spiritual. . . .

Most Nigerians do not practice true Christianity or Islam or whatever their religion is. Hypocrites are everywhere.

What do you know ?
Re: The Ancestral Curses by GossipHeart(m): 11:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
ianSweet:

Dont say what u ate not sure of. USA has some pf the greatest men of God too.
The biggest ministers in Nigeria were actually mentored by American evangelist and Revivalist ministers, talk about the likes of Late Kenneth Hagin, Oral Roberts, Kenneth Copeland e.t.c, the biggest Nigerian men of God owe their spiritual mentorship to these men, directly or indirectly.

Pastors who do smoke ??

Where do you even live ??
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Girlbestfriend(f): 12:37am On Nov 21, 2016
mmsen:

I have an even better example than the USA - China.

China is on the path to regaining the position that it held as the world's largest economy 200 years ago and yet China's Communist Party is a proudly atheist organization. The Chinese Communist Party's official stance on religion can be summarized as thus - religious belief and party membership are incompatible.

Even before the Communist party's introduction in China, the country had a history of maltreating xtians and Muslims - a trend that continues to this day. Why would the all-singing, all-dancing Abrahamic god allow for his sheep to be so mistreated and for their abusers to prosper as is the case with China? China has never been a xtian nation. China has never been a Islamic nation and yet it has prospered far when nations that claim those religions have faltered.

Can any of the many misguided Nigerian xtians or useless Islamists explain why China is succeeding where countries obsessed with religion such as Nigeria are not? A nation in which the states/FG waste money on pilgrimages; build pointless national mosques/ecumenical center(s) before building a national library in the capital; and have political leaders who ensure that they are 'snapped' praying and even waste time before meetings talking to the sky?

sweetheart I don't know you, but I love u for this comment...

I am a Catholic tho, I actually sat myself down and asked myself the same question, y China(that aint a Christian nation) wee be progressing more than our country Nigeria

I am still looking for someborry to answer that question

India inclusive o, cos both countries(my people wee say) don waka leave us since since

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by donolatunji(m): 12:39am On Nov 21, 2016
If financial problems run in your family, it's due to lack of financial knowledge and education. The solution is to break that cycle by getting educated in an economically viable profession (not Yoruba Studies) and being enterprising. Also, it would be foolish to make financial decisions based on your parents' advice if your parents are poor or financially illiterate. You need to have advisers who know more than they do.

I laff you in ijesha voice ....I swear laff wan kill me die... so you think this is the right solution or whatever abi.... owkie let's wait n see!
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Girlbestfriend(f): 12:51am On Nov 21, 2016
Gift101:

Even Israel that was called God's own country, through which Jesus was brought into this earth, was Israel ever the greatest and richest country during Jesus time on earth ?

Israel ain't a Christian nation in case u wanna know, u gat more Arabs than Christians self

74.8%Jewish
20.8%Arab
4.4% others
Re: The Ancestral Curses by youngestmilly: 1:33am On Nov 21, 2016
If Ifa get power (we all know this) and Ifa respect and regards eledumare then there is a creator.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by AAinEqGuinea: 1:39am On Nov 21, 2016
Can't say I believe in ancestral curses, but maybe I should.

One thing that baffles me to this day is how someone doesn't like a person they've never met before. I had someone ask me if I ever met someone who I didn't know but I just didn't like them upon first meeting them. Why would I dislike someone I never met before? But ppl are like this. They're troubled in some way.

There is definitely misaligned spirituality within a lot of people, which could be generational

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by baby124: 1:47am On Nov 21, 2016
The way some people behave can make you want to conclude that they are cursed. Also some families cannot just progress at all. No offense.
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gemc3(f): 3:04am On Nov 21, 2016
GossipHeart:

What do you know ?

I'm not Mrs know all. But I don't know why you are asking me such an offensive question.

I don't care about you not believing in all you listed. Even I have what I believe in and what I don't believe in. That is not why I quoted you in the first place.

You asked a question..I only tried to give you a probable reason (asides from yours) why such a "spiritual" country as ours is where we are today.

Not everyone wants to pick a fight. Please stop going around asking people "what do they know" it's insulting.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by jonbellion(m): 6:02am On Nov 21, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Seun, the bolded really got me wondering....

I really don't know how to put it to you, so I don't sound out of line, but I will just let you know that it is one thing to go astray, but entirely a different thing to encourage people to feel comfortable in doing the wrong things.

This site is helping to erode the morals of the young minds here. This is a faceless forum, and as such, even children could be members and read all these stuff we write here.

With all due respect, Seun, you're someone of influence, someone a lot of people here look up to, and I think you're using that influence negatively. What do you think a young mind who is growing up would feel, reading your statement as it concerns masturbation? Would you encourage your kids to indulge in masturbation? Do you know how this can effect their mental and psychological state?

I am of the opinion that you should minimise the way you present some sensitive issues, especially when it has to do with morality.

No disrespect intended.
Mr man what on earth is wrong with masturbation
Why do you christians care about the sexual activities what someone engages in my his it herself
Would you like your child to impregnate someone at a young age or mastutbate
You must choose one oo
Masturbation is not wrong
Stop spreading misinformation
Re: The Ancestral Curses by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2016
jonbellion:
Mr man what on earth is wrong with masturbation
Why do you christians care about the sexual activities what someone engages in my his it herself
Would you like your child to impregnate someone at a young age or mastutbate
You must choose one oo
Masturbation is not wrong
Stop spreading misinformation

Uncle no vex you hear?
Re: The Ancestral Curses by jonbellion(m): 8:31am On Nov 21, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Uncle no vex you hear?
lol no I'm not angry
I just want to look at it from your angle
Re: The Ancestral Curses by GossipHeart(m): 8:38am On Nov 21, 2016
Gemc3:

I'm not Mrs know all. But I don't know why you are asking me such an offensive question.

I don't care about you not believing in all you listed. Even I have what I believe in and what I don't believe in. That is not why I quoted you in the first place.

You asked a question..I only tried to give you a probable reason (asides from yours) why such a "spiritual" country as ours is where we are today.

Not everyone wants to pick a fight. Please stop going around asking people "what do they know" it's insulting.

Thank you

Where do you live ??
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gemc3(f): 10:00am On Nov 21, 2016
GossipHeart:

Where do you live ??

Guy you can sabi ask question sha o. Calm down abeg. E don tey wen I write JAMB
Re: The Ancestral Curses by omonnakoda: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2016
Gemc3:

Guy you can sabi ask question sha o. Calm down abeg. E don tey wen I write JAMB
How much you buy form that time?
Re: The Ancestral Curses by sarahade(f): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2016
Dymaco:
yes and it do happen.
most at times the crime committed by our parents use to hunt the children. just like in Enugu community where married woman runs mad if he sleeps with other men

Zobo. grin grin
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gemc3(f): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
How much you buy form that time?

Hahaha ha! Uncle questionnaire. I no remember o
Re: The Ancestral Curses by sarahade(f): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2016
Eberex:

what of inability to conceive if the proper traditional rites are done in a family whereas other siblings and cousin are giving birth all because they got pregnant before performing the rites?
that was the observation in a certain family as well as their cousins. the females who believe in pregnancy after marriage plus traditional rites are having difficulty taking in...medically no problem. while those who maybe by mistake or whatever you call it got pregnant before marriage are still giving birth.
can you explain that?

But fornication is a sin. Abi there's an exception please enlighten me. Thanks
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Eberex(m): 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
sarahade:

But fornication is a sin. Abi there's an exception please enlighten me. Thanks

You didn't answer my question. Yes fornication is a sin. So now tell me, why are conceiving if they indulged in it and still conceive even after marriage and traditional rites? meanwhile those who followed the proper channel are yet to, 5 years and still counting.

waiting for your response and dont try to ask me silly questions
Re: The Ancestral Curses by sarahade(f): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
Eberex:

You didn't answer my question. Yes fornication is a sin. So now tell me, why are conceiving if they indulged in it and still conceive even after marriage and traditional rites? meanwhile those who followed the proper channel are yet to, 5 years and still counting.

waiting for your response and dont try to ask me silly questions

Well I'm not silly today. And the truth is I dont believe any of this things and our ladies have seen the perfect excuse for their wayward ways. Check those ladies very well they dont have wombs.

Also, psychologically the myth might be affecting them we have seen it happen so many times.

I will also like to ask if you have experienced this issue firsthand not hear say because its only in nonsensewood i see stuffs like this. Thanks
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Eberex(m): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
sarahade:

Well I'm not silly today. And the truth is I dont believe any of this things and our ladies have seen the perfect excuse for their wayward ways. Check those ladies very well they dont have wombs.

Also, psychologically the myth might be affecting them we have seen it happen so many times.

I will also like to ask if you have experienced this issue firsthand not hear say because its only in nonsensewood i see stuffs like this. Thanks

To answer your questions; they are my cousins, so its not a hear say
Re: The Ancestral Curses by StoneColdBiceps(m): 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
mmsen:

Do you have evidence of these 'curses'? Of this witchcraft? Or the underworld?

Any evidence of this 'Lord Jesus Christ'?

If not, they are all irrational. There is no reason without evidence.

Even if i show you evidence you'll not accept, so i won't tell you that experience but i know the Holy Spirit will visit you someday...or it might have visited you but you think you are too smart to notice and ignore it's presence...
Re: The Ancestral Curses by StoneColdBiceps(m): 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
Seun:

No, I don't. See: Do Witches And Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So!.

Serves you and sorry, i don't read any of such.

If I'm curious about my existence i would have read alot of your referrals but I'm cool with the Holy Bible because i know who i am in Christ. I appreciate Science AND I roc' with the Trinity, God Jesus and the Holy Spirit! Salute Brov.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gift101(m): 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
Girlbestfriend:

Israel ain't a Christian nation in case u wanna know, u gat more Arabs than Christians self

74.8%Jewish
20.8%Arab
4.4% others

When did i say that Israel is a christian country ?

I'm only giving him instances that if the nation where Jesus was born into wasn't the greatest in his time and after, then who in Nigeria will move God to make Nigeria the greatest nation in the world?
Re: The Ancestral Curses by Niflheim(m): 7:02am On Nov 22, 2016
TRUE STORY:When a man went to 50 different churches so they could deliver him of his "midnight spiritual attacks", it was to no avail!!! The last pastor eventually referred him to a doctor!!! The doctor asked the man to describe his dreams, and he said: "Doctor, a white, shapeless monster with a strong smell is always chasing me at night"...................The doctor asks him a series of questions, and then the doctor asks him if he eats late dinners? The patient replies, "YES"..............The doctor asks him if he eats light or heavy food, and the patient replies, "HEAVY", then lastly, the doctor asks the patient what he usually eats for dinner, and the patient replies, "FUFU"!!!

The doctor then asks the man if he can switch to an early dinner, of light vegetables and fruits for 3 weeks then come back!!!

After 3 weeks, the patient returns and starts shouting, "DOCTOR, DOCTOR, I DO NOT SEE THE WHITE SHAPELESS DEMON IN MY DREAMS AGAIN!!!"

Identity of white shapeless demon: The fufu that he saw and ate and thought about before sleeping.

CONCLUSION: I believe in ancestral curses, but the only ancestral curse that exists is simply called "STUPIDITY"!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Earthkumy(m): 7:24am On Nov 22, 2016
Niflheim:

TRUE STORY:When a man went to 50 different churches so they could deliver him of his "midnight spiritual attacks", it was to no avail!!! The last pastor eventually referred him to a doctor!!! The doctor asked the man to describe his dreams, and he said: "Doctor, a white, shapeless monster with a strong smell is always chasing me at night"...................The doctor asks him a series of questions, and then the doctor asks him if he eats late dinners? The patient replies, "YES"..............The doctor asks him if he eats light or heavy food, and the patient replies, "HEAVY", then lastly, the doctor asks the patient what he usually eats for dinner, and the patient replies, "FUFU"!!!

The doctor then asks the man if he can switch to an early dinner, of light vegetables and fruits for 3 weeks then come back!!!

After 3 weeks, the patient returns and starts shouting, "DOCTOR, DOCTOR, I DO NOT SEE THE WHITE SHAPELESS DEMON IN MY DREAMS AGAIN!!!"

Identity of white shapeless demon: The fufu that he saw and ate and thought about before sleeping.

CONCLUSION: I believe in ancestral curses, but the only ancestral curse that exists is simply called "STUPIDITY"!!!
at list you are smart enough to believe on something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shatta Wale Will Commit Suicide – Prophet Charles Dady (Video) / Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.